Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Insein

*Official 2015 Philadelphia Eagles* - Winning when it doesnt count

Ryan Broyles can fill the Maclin hole. Might only cost a 2016 3rd.

Brilliant call.

Multiple ACL tears - check

Teammate of Murray and Bradford at OU - check

Expecting the plane to be sent for him after Murray lands.

Going to be cringe worthy watching bradford with his 12 sec 40 time taking snaps in the read option and tossing to matthews, whoever keeps it explodes in a cloud of dust, cant even find all the pieces to cart them off. or worse they bump into each other in training camp and shatter each others pelvises. sports science my ###, kelly is a fat #### and him talking about health is like a cigarette smoking dentist saying you should floss more. You eagles we so damn scary 2 years ago, now youre shaping up to set the all the time record for 40 sec three-and-outs.

LOL RGIII

Also reported that Dallas is making call RE: other RB's-knows they lost Murray.

Gonna be so funny when we sign DeMarco and then get Marcus Mariota in the draft.

All these cockaroaches will myseriously dissappear like they always do.

@CharlesRobinson: The #Eagles are bringing in DeMarco Murray with his fiancé and agent to get a deal done. Period. This isn't a pump fake. $6 mil per. Watch.

Gonna be so funny when we sign DeMarco and then get Marcus Mariota in the draft.

That'd be pretty cold blooded since they're parading Bradford around like he's the franchise. Mariota is out my friends unless he falls to 20 and he's the 3rd string for a year or two.

@CharlesRobinson: The #Eagles are bringing in DeMarco Murray with his fiancé and agent to get a deal done. Period. This isn't a pump fake. $6 mil per. Watch.

$6 mil per! Nice. That's a #### you to the cowboys.

Can't DAL match the PHI offer? Maybe they already said they wouldn't exceed $5 million? Which would explain why they are making calls, no need if they intended to match. Murray not only led the league in rushing, but is a complete back, outstanding in pass pro and catching the ball out of the backfield, which would help his former Oklahoma roomate three different ways. Last year was the first he was really healthy, so that also fits Kelly's all gimp, all the time MO. :)

:blackdot:

@AlbertBreer: Ryan Mathews just left the Eagles facility about 5 minutes ago.

@AlbertBreer: Mathews has a physical scheduled off site for this hour. So nothing final yet.

wth, why would he stay if they are going to bring in demarco?

@AlbertBreer: Ryan Mathews just left the Eagles facility about 5 minutes ago.

@AlbertBreer: Mathews has a physical scheduled off site for this hour. So nothing final yet.

wth, why would he stay if they are going to bring in demarco?

3 words: wishbone offense

Kinda like the Eagles Lombardis

In an NFL Network discussion last night, they were spitballing the relative merits of staying in DAL or going to PHI.

One school of thought is staying in DAL is best for his "brand" and recognition, they are one of the highest profile teams, he could lead the league in rushing again, etc.

Another was that, if he can make about the same or even a little more, sharing the load with Mathews, it could save wear and tear on his body and extend his career. I can see that rationale. We don't know his state of mind, but he may be disappointed DAL didn't step up to the plate more, when he was the engine that drove the offense last year. Great OL, no doubt, but not sure they can just slap another RB in their and expect the same results.

* That answers why Murray might want to go to a team with Mathews, not necessarily the other way around, but the same rationale could apply if he gets paid the same?

@ESPNStatsInfo: DeMarco Murray expected to join Eagles (@AdamSchefter)

Among F/A RBs, Murray 2nd in yds/rush in shotgun last 2 seasons (1: Ryan Mathews)

Murray and Mathews are both 27, so relatively young.

Now this:

@PSchrags: I'm told Philly is prepared to pay Murray, NFL's top rusher in '14, as a 'top 5 running back'. Dallas $, at the moment, does not. @NFLonFOX

I'm just going to wait and see the money.

Why would a RB want to REDUCE their workload? They probably wouldn't when they are up 'n coming, but Murray is already established and doesn't fall into that category.

Of course, if Murray signs, Mathews might bolt, to try and seek a better deal elsewhere (which could be risky). Maybe PHI pulls the deal?

It is hard to understand what it is like to be an NFL RB, and the level of violence and physical abuse their bodies are subjected to. Imagine a job where once a week for four months a year, you had to be involved in 15-20 car crashes.

That'd be pretty cold blooded since they're parading Bradford around like he's the franchise. Mariota is out my friends unless he falls to 20 and he's the 3rd string for a year or two.

Well obviously we don't know what will happen, but it's not like the Eagles could act any different in regards to Bradford regardless of the situation.

What else are they gonna say?" We thought Sam was a really good piece to have to try and trade for the quarterback we really want. We're thrilled to have Sam Bradford here."

So what happens next in this soap opera is, two minutes after Murray signs, Tennessee calls and offers Sankey and 1.02 to Philly for Murray, Bradford, Alonso, and #20.

So what happens next in this soap opera is, two minutes after Murray signs, Tennessee calls and offers Sankey and 1.02 to Philly for Murray, Bradford, Alonso, and #20.

This guy gets it.

#Phillytalkradio

*sigh* Jury duty today so I just saw the Murray news. Since ink hasn't hit paper yet with Mathews (as far as we know) I'm guessing there's a chance he still may not sign.

As for Murray's salary, if it's in the 6 mil range, I can live with that. 7 or, god forbid, more, not liking it too much.

PHI homers know this, but Kelly's system is seemingly commonly viewed as a tempo passing attack, which may be a misnomer. It is more of a tempo RUSHING attack, which can then exploit scrambling, exhausted defenses with mismatches in the passing game. Being able to roll two high quality RBs like Murray and Mathews in waves and keep them fresh could be devastating for opposing defenses. Think UCLA circa Wooden-era and their withering fast break and full court press.

At this point, I'm in full on "let's just wait till the games start and see what happens" mode. Kelly is not an idiot - he lives and breathes football. I'm on board, let him get the guys he wants, and we'll see what happens.

I don't get why there was so much negativity surrounding moving Shady and his $10.25M cap hit, yet people are saying the most they would pay Murray is $7M or so.

Fact is, Murray is a much better fit in this offense as a north-south runner vs. McCoy's east-west style which doomed him to a "down" year last year. Add in that Murray actually wants to be here, and its a no-brainer.

And if you don't think Kelly is a bit of a guru for dumping McCoy for what now amounts to Alonso and Murray, and saving a few million along the way, then you are smoking some gooood sheeeeet.

And if you don't think Kelly is a bit of a guru for dumping McCoy for what now amounts to Alonso and Murray, and saving a few million along the way, then you are smoking some gooood sheeeeet.

Kelly was lucky to end up here. That doesn't make for a guru. Back to your pipe...

At this point, I'm in full on "let's just wait till the games start and see what happens" mode. Kelly is not an idiot - he lives and breathes football. I'm on board, let him get the guys he wants, and we'll see what happens.

Me too. Worrying about money is stupid. If you structure it right you can cut a guy after two years and not have much dead space, if the player works out, even better. I have serious concerns that the guys he's brought in can stay healthy. Bradford, Alonso, even Murray after all those carries. Oh well, get a WR, draft well, everyone stays healthy and this is a 12 or 13 win team.

MosherCSN: Updated report--Eagles, DeMarco Murray have contract in place; Dallas looking elsewhere for RB options:

DeMarco Murray's deal with Eagles is expected to be 5 years, $42 million, including $21 million guaranteed, per @mortreport and I.-Per Schefter

What a B slap to the face of Dallas... for that, I love it.

But otherwise, Im not huge on the move for you guys. But hey, who knows.

Isn't that what they were paying McCoy? Or close to it?

Almost $2MM less per year, but more guaranteed.

@ByDavidMurphy: So Demarco Murray for less $2.5 mil less guaranteed than McCoy's renegotiated deal plus Kiko Alonso. If you are doing comps

Eagles agreed to terms with RB DeMarco Murray on a five-year, $42 million contract per Rotoworld

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/308498/Report-Murray-getting-$21M-guaranteed-in-PHI?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

DeMarco Murray's deal with Eagles is expected to be 5 years, $42 million, including $21 million guaranteed, per @mortreport and I.

@FieldYates: LeSean McCoy extension with Bills: 5-years, $40.05M, $26.55M guaranteed.

DeMarco Murray deal with Eagles: 5-years, $42M, $21M guaranteed.

Isn't that what they were paying McCoy? Or close to it?

Almost $2MM less per year, but more guaranteed.

Gotcha. I thought they would go cheaper on the RB route, surprised to see them pony up for Murray.

@AdamSchefter: Chiefs releasing WR Dwayne Bowe today.

I posted that guys Twitter last night and even called him a troll. He is NAILING every one of these moves

@AdamSchefter: Chiefs releasing WR Dwayne Bowe today.

I posted that guys Twitter last night and even called him a troll. He is NAILING every one of these moves

He may know things... But Bowe being released today was knowledge about 4-5 days ago... Schef et al posted this...

Murray to the Eagles wasnt a shocker either...