What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2015 Philadelphia Eagles* - Winning when it doesnt count (5 Viewers)

ShaHBucks said:
JetMaxx said:
ShaHBucks said:
Bigboy10182000 said:
ShaHBucks said:
Cary Williams to Seattle and Bradley Fletcher to NE

Interesting :coffee:
Huge downgrades for both
Two of the dumbest franchises in the leagues right there.
That why I said it was interesting. Chung looked awful here and started for a SB team last season. :shrug:
Brilliant moves by Sea and NE. We ignore the responsibilities that CB have in this defense. They play on an island most of the time. You're going to get toasted by the Becham Jr/Dez Bryant's of the world doing so.If you think Fletcher was bad here, wait until you see Maxwell.
How would you have improved the secondary?
I would have drafted Bradley Roby last year instead of Smith and never had any problems
Imagine drafting him or Denard?? :angry:
Imagine drafting anyone not named Marcus Smith?

Heres everyone that went after 22.

C Dee Ford DE Auburn

CIN Darqueze Dennard CB Michigan State

SD Jason Verrett CB Texas Christian

PHI Marcus Smith DE Louisville

ARI Deone Bucannon SS Washington State

CAR Kelvin Benjamin WR Florida State

NE Dominique Easley DT Florida

SF Jimmie Ward SS Northern Illinois

DEN Bradley Roby CB Ohio State

MIN Teddy Bridgewater QB Louisville
Ouch. Let's hope this isn't Freddie Mitchell all over again.

Instead of him we could have drafted Reggie Wayne, Chris Chambers (a sneaky 540 catches and 58 TDs), Chad Johnson and that's without getting into non-WRs.

Edit: non-WRs include Drew Brees, Ryan Pickett (DT, still in the league) , Kyle Vanden Bosh (58 sacks), Aaron Schobel (78 sacks), and C Dominic Raiola who probably played his final season last year. All those options between Mitchell and our next pick.

Last edited by a moderator:
ShaHBucks said:
JetMaxx said:
ShaHBucks said:
Bigboy10182000 said:
ShaHBucks said:

Huge downgrades for both
That why I said it was interesting. Chung looked awful here and started for a SB team last season. :shrug:
Brilliant moves by Sea and NE. We ignore the responsibilities that CB have in this defense. They play on an island most of the time. You're going to get toasted by the Becham Jr/Dez Bryant's of the world doing so.If you think Fletcher was bad here, wait until you see Maxwell.
I would have drafted Bradley Roby last year instead of Smith and never had any problems
Imagine drafting anyone not named Marcus Smith?Heres everyone that went after 22.

C Dee Ford DE Auburn

Oh yea it's a long list. But it's even worse because we had to drop 10m per for a FA DB. One draft pick affected so much, imagine if we had that 10m per to use elsewhere.

ShaHBucks said:
JetMaxx said:
ShaHBucks said:
Bigboy10182000 said:
ShaHBucks said:

Huge downgrades for both
Imagine drafting anyone not named Marcus Smith?

Heres everyone that went after 22.

C Dee Ford DE Auburn

This is too soon all around IMO. Lets give all of them time to see what they truely are. Some times (see Brandon Graham) things just take some time.

ShaHBucks said:
Bigboy10182000 said:
ShaHBucks said:

Huge downgrades for both
Brilliant moves by Sea and NE. We ignore the responsibilities that CB have in this defense. They play on an island most of the time. You're going to get toasted by the Becham Jr/Dez Bryant's of the world doing so.

If you think Fletcher was bad here, wait until you see Maxwell.
Just to clarify, you think that Byron Maxwell will be worse than Bradley Fletcher?

ShaHBucks said:
Bigboy10182000 said:
ShaHBucks said:

Huge downgrades for both
Brilliant moves by Sea and NE. We ignore the responsibilities that CB have in this defense. They play on an island most of the time. You're going to get toasted by the Becham Jr/Dez Bryant's of the world doing so.

If you think Fletcher was bad here, wait until you see Maxwell.
Just to clarify, you think that Byron Maxwell will be worse than Bradley Fletcher?
That is what he is implying, yes. Insanity.

Well no Bowe for us and Crabtree sounds like he's not coming either.

Is there ANY FA WR left? I feel like we should add SOMEONE besides are round 1/2 draft pick

There you go using unproductive again.

His 4.2 Y/A was well under his career average. For RBs who had a minimum of 200 attempts that would rank him 11th. Only Alfred Morris, Matt Forte, Joique Bell and Andre Williams had a lower Y/A. That's not that productive.
You said he "wasn't that productive" before and just doubled down above, is there a different context you wanted me to use? Does unproductive mean something entirely different than "not that productive"?

I'm not sure what magic number you would deem as "productive," but 4.2YPC is productive to me. As is 1,300 yards on the season. And the 200 attempts stat is pretty lame - he got 200+ attempts because he was getting 4+ YPC.

My bigger point is everyone basically ####ting all over McCoy when he turned in a RB1 season in 2014. He didn't get his 18 rushing TD's or 2,000+ combined yards last year, but to say he's "not that productive" is patently false from any historical context, including the history from just last year.
I never say "wasn't that productive", someone else did. But ranking 11th out of 15 RBs who had 200 carries in Y/A isn't that productive. I used 200 attempts because I wanted to minimize guys who had a couple big runs which would skew the numbers. When a RB stays healthy and is given a 300+ carry workload he should get 1300 yards. What I deem productive is what you do with your workload. Around 4.5 y/a I would deem to be a good RB1. 4.2 is what I expect from an average guy. His overall numbers suggest RB1 because of his usage, but when you normalize his production he wasn't that great.
Oh, sorry about that - I thought you were the same person.

Again with that 200 cap man - do away with it. You don't get to put a floor of 200 carries if you want to make any legitimate point with your statistics. "He ranked 11th out of 15 on this arbitrary statistic I've come up with." He ranked 3rd overall in rushing yards last year. Who cares about "only for RB's that had more than 214 carries, and at least 40% of those carries had to come on the same days where they breast fed from their mother more than 4 times in one day as a child." The fact that there are only 15 RB's out of 30 starters who can fit your criteria says quite a bit. Why don't we cap it at 300 carries and that way you can say, "He was the least productive back by any measure for RB's with over 300 carries last year."

You want to normalize his production when he played for a full 16 games? You realize a 1,300 yard season puts you in the top 10 every year for the past 5 years and in the top 5 for 3 of those years? YPC seems like an awfully foolish tool to use - my guess is you're going to want a RB on your squad who can carry the ball 300 times in a season. Walter Payton averaged 4.4 YPC for his career. LaDainian Tomlinson averaged 4.3 YPC. You're going to tell me that McCoy's 4.2 makes him "Just a guy. :shrug:"

Again, we're talking about production. The production last year... 1,319 yards, the second most productive rushing total of his career. Feel free to say otherwise, but McCoy was productive last year.
his numbers were a result of his usage. I'm an Eagles fan plus owned him in fantasy. He was very disappointing. Sproles was so much better last year. They got rid of him for a reason. He dances too much. Having long runs to even out all of your two yard losses is good for your rushing average, but it doesn't fix all the drives that stall because it's 3rd and 9 after your two carries.
His usage? How about the lack of his usage in the passing game where he recorded career lows across the board? He got 37 targets last year - that's 18 less targets than he received as a rookie when he only started 4 games. They even gave Sproles a few goalline carries for good measure. Again, a 1,300 yard season on 300 carries - good for third best in the NFL and the second best of his career. One of only two players to get 300 carries. The only production issue that McCoy had was not being called on in the passing game like he had in years past.

Receptions per year:

Seems like a pretty drastic fall there.
Can't we all just agree that Shady had a decent year, but not the great one we may have all expected. And that Murray+Kiko > Shady in Chip's style of offense? Murray is more the runner he wants, and we got Kiko too. Not sure how this isn't an upgrade any way you spin it.
I'm absolutely willing to conceded that Shady has a decent year, but not the year you'd expect for a guy being drafted somewhere between 1st - 3rd overall for fantasy purposes.

I'm just tired of all this bull#### "unproductive" talk. A guy like Steven Jackson was unproductive.
I guess "not that productive" is totally subjective. To me, it meant that he didn't run as well as I expected him to. Maybe my expectations of him were different then yours, or another fans. But to me, his season wasn't overly productive and impressive. Could be because he's not as good, or maybe was hurt, or maybe my expectations too high, or maybe just the way the coach used him. But if Chip didn't want to use him, then I'd rather a guy that fits what Chip wants to do, and a guy that our coach (not myself) is comfortable using the way he wants. This guy(s) is Murray (and mathews). I think a lot over 50% of NFL fans/analysts would say that we improved overall at RB.
The definition of the word "production" is not subjective. Your expectations are completely subjective. So is what you find impressive. So if you want to say, "He didn't live up to my expectations" or "I didn't think he looked impressive" then say that, because that's what you actually mean here, you're stating your opinion on the matter.

If you told a NFL head coach, "Here is a RB, he will get you 1,300+ yards and 4+ YPC," The coach is going to recognize that as productive because by any historic definition of RB production in the NFL - it is productive.

I certainly agree with you that Mathews + Murray is an upgrade over McCoy + Polk, but I think McCoy alone is better than either one of the guys. Both of your new guys are hurt quite often and Murray was behind an excellent Oline last year. The more and more I think about this, the more and more I think you guys are going to miss McCoy in hindsight.

His 4.2 Y/A was well under his career average. For RBs who had a minimum of 200 attempts that would rank him 11th. Only Alfred Morris, Matt Forte, Joique Bell and Andre Williams had a lower Y/A. That's not that productive.
You said he "wasn't that productive" before and just doubled down above, is there a different context you wanted me to use? Does unproductive mean something entirely different than "not that productive"?

I'm not sure what magic number you would deem as "productive," but 4.2YPC is productive to me. As is 1,300 yards on the season. And the 200 attempts stat is pretty lame - he got 200+ attempts because he was getting 4+ YPC.

My bigger point is everyone basically ####ting all over McCoy when he turned in a RB1 season in 2014. He didn't get his 18 rushing TD's or 2,000+ combined yards last year, but to say he's "not that productive" is patently false from any historical context, including the history from just last year.
I never say "wasn't that productive", someone else did. But ranking 11th out of 15 RBs who had 200 carries in Y/A isn't that productive. I used 200 attempts because I wanted to minimize guys who had a couple big runs which would skew the numbers. When a RB stays healthy and is given a 300+ carry workload he should get 1300 yards. What I deem productive is what you do with your workload. Around 4.5 y/a I would deem to be a good RB1. 4.2 is what I expect from an average guy. His overall numbers suggest RB1 because of his usage, but when you normalize his production he wasn't that great.

Again with that 200 cap man - do away with it. You don't get to put a floor of 200 carries if you want to make any legitimate point with your statistics. "He ranked 11th out of 15 on this arbitrary statistic I've come up with." He ranked 3rd overall in rushing yards last year. Who cares about "only for RB's that had more than 214 carries, and at least 40% of those carries had to come on the same days where they breast fed from their mother more than 4 times in one day as a child." The fact that there are only 15 RB's out of 30 starters who can fit your criteria says quite a bit. Why don't we cap it at 300 carries and that way you can say, "He was the least productive back by any measure for RB's with over 300 carries last year."

You want to normalize his production when he played for a full 16 games? You realize a 1,300 yard season puts you in the top 10 every year for the past 5 years and in the top 5 for 3 of those years? YPC seems like an awfully foolish tool to use - my guess is you're going to want a RB on your squad who can carry the ball 300 times in a season. Walter Payton averaged 4.4 YPC for his career. LaDainian Tomlinson averaged 4.3 YPC. You're going to tell me that McCoy's 4.2 makes him "Just a guy. :shrug:"

Again, we're talking about production. The production last year... 1,319 yards, the second most productive rushing total of his career. Feel free to say otherwise, but McCoy was productive last year.
his numbers were a result of his usage. I'm an Eagles fan plus owned him in fantasy. He was very disappointing. Sproles was so much better last year. They got rid of him for a reason. He dances too much. Having long runs to even out all of your two yard losses is good for your rushing average, but it doesn't fix all the drives that stall because it's 3rd and 9 after your two carries.
His usage? How about the lack of his usage in the passing game where he recorded career lows across the board? He got 37 targets last year - that's 18 less targets than he received as a rookie when he only started 4 games. They even gave Sproles a few goalline carries for good measure. Again, a 1,300 yard season on 300 carries - good for third best in the NFL and the second best of his career. One of only two players to get 300 carries. The only production issue that McCoy had was not being called on in the passing game like he had in years past.

Receptions per year:

Can't we all just agree that Shady had a decent year, but not the great one we may have all expected. And that Murray+Kiko > Shady in Chip's style of offense? Murray is more the runner he wants, and we got Kiko too. Not sure how this isn't an upgrade any way you spin it.
I'm absolutely willing to conceded that Shady has a decent year, but not the year you'd expect for a guy being drafted somewhere between 1st - 3rd overall for fantasy purposes.

I'm just tired of all this bull#### "unproductive" talk. A guy like Steven Jackson was unproductive.
I guess "not that productive" is totally subjective. To me, it meant that he didn't run as well as I expected him to. Maybe my expectations of him were different then yours, or another fans. But to me, his season wasn't overly productive and impressive. Could be because he's not as good, or maybe was hurt, or maybe my expectations too high, or maybe just the way the coach used him. But if Chip didn't want to use him, then I'd rather a guy that fits what Chip wants to do, and a guy that our coach (not myself) is comfortable using the way he wants. This guy(s) is Murray (and mathews). I think a lot over 50% of NFL fans/analysts would say that we improved overall at RB.
The definition of the word "production" is not subjective. Your expectations are completely subjective. So is what you find impressive. So if you want to say, "He didn't live up to my expectations" or "I didn't think he looked impressive" then say that, because that's what you actually mean here, you're stating your opinion on the matter.

If you told a NFL head coach, "Here is a RB, he will get you 1,300+ yards and 4+ YPC," The coach is going to recognize that as productive because by any historic definition of RB production in the NFL - it is productive.

I certainly agree with you that Mathews + Murray is an upgrade over McCoy + Polk, but I think McCoy alone is better than either one of the guys. Both of your new guys are hurt quite often and Murray was behind an excellent Oline last year. The more and more I think about this, the more and more I think you guys are going to miss McCoy in hindsight.
So you're saying "productive" isn't subjective? Exactly what YPC is "productive" is 4.4 productive and 4.3 isn't productive? What is your exact standards which you say is an objective standard.

Receptions per year:

Ok so you agree Mathews+Murray is an upgrade over Mccoy + Polk. This whole thing stemmed from me disputing that our RB moves "were a push". I said we have improved at the RB position... which you have just agreed on. End of story.

ShaHBucks said:
Bigboy10182000 said:
ShaHBucks said:

Huge downgrades for both
Thanks for speaking on my behalf, but NO that's not what I'm implying. I didn't give a binary response.At best, he's as good as Cary Williams. At worse, he is fkn disaster if he's asked to play on an island, not sheltered by the LOB and the rest of the talent SEA has.

ShaHBucks said:
Bigboy10182000 said:
ShaHBucks said:

Huge downgrades for both
Thanks for speaking on my behalf, but NO that's not what I'm implying. I didn't give a binary response.At best, he's as good as Cary Williams. At worse, he is fkn disaster if he's asked to play on an island, not sheltered by the LOB and the rest of the talent SEA has.
You said "if you think Fletcher was bad, wait until you see maxwell". Pretty sure that implies that "if you think X was bad, wait until you see Y because it will be worse"

Or did you mean "if you think fletcher was bad, wait until you see maxwell.... he will be better then fletcher"

ShaHBucks said:
Bigboy10182000 said:
ShaHBucks said:

Huge downgrades for both
You said "if you think Fletcher was bad, wait until you see maxwell". Pretty sure that implies that "if you think X was bad, wait until you see Y because it will be worse"Or did you mean "if you think fletcher was bad, wait until you see maxwell.... he will be better then fletcher"
There you have it

You said "if you think Fletcher was bad, wait until you see maxwell". Pretty sure that implies that "if you think X was bad, wait until you see Y because it will be worse"Or did you mean "if you think fletcher was bad, wait until you see maxwell.... he will be better then fletcher"
There you have it
Exactly. So you implied that if we thought Fletcher sucked, wait until we see Maxwell as he will suck more. You implied Fletcher > Maxwell.

I guess we will see if your prediction is right.

Thanks for speaking on my behalf, but NO that's not what I'm implying. I didn't give a binary response.

At best, he's as good as Cary Williams. At worse, he is fkn disaster if he's asked to play on an island, not sheltered by the LOB and the rest of the talent SEA has.
There you have it
Exactly. So you implied that if we thought Fletcher sucked, wait until we see Maxwell as he will suck more. You implied Fletcher > Maxwell.I guess we will see if your prediction is right.
You're getting a lot out of nothing I said

Thanks for speaking on my behalf, but NO that's not what I'm implying. I didn't give a binary response.

At best, he's as good as Cary Williams. At worse, he is fkn disaster if he's asked to play on an island, not sheltered by the LOB and the rest of the talent SEA has.
There you have it
Exactly. So you implied that if we thought Fletcher sucked, wait until we see Maxwell as he will suck more. You implied Fletcher > Maxwell.I guess we will see if your prediction is right.
Maybe you should clarify what you mean.

There you have it
What are you talking about?

You said if we thought fletcher sucked, wait until we see maxwell. Pretty sure that means he will suck. You also said BEST case he's as good as Carey Williams. I know you're trying to back pedal right now but your statement completely inferred that Fletcher was better then Maxwell. Just saying, your annual eagle hatred is roaring pretty hard right now. Signing Maxwell was an improvement. You gotta pick a new team man haha

Only thing I'm worried about is that we're not saying "if you think Roseman was bad, what until you see Kelly" as it pertains to the draft

There you have it

You said if we thought fletcher sucked, wait until we see maxwell. Pretty sure that means he will suck. You also said BEST case he's as good as Carey Williams. I know you're trying to back pedal right now but your statement completely inferred that Fletcher was better then Maxwell.
Whatever. Initially I was thinking he's going to struggle at times in this defense just like Fletcher did, and the risk wasn't worth it. When asked to clarify, I didn't give a hot or cold answer. I gave a range of possibilities, because he could be asked to do something entirely different then what Fletcher/Williams was asked for all I know. Gone is Maxwell operating with limited space for QBs to throw. Now he's the limited athlete that he is, all alone on an island.

For the record, I thought Cary Williams played good here battling #1 WR in today's game. I'm sure that was implied too. I'd understand if you cut him for Revis(<~ worth the risk/reward $) or something, but you didn't. The grand scheme was a giving a bunch of guaranteed money to a solid CB? Talk yourself into thinking it was a great move it all you like. I'd say you don't know much about managing risk.

Just saying, your annual eagle hatred is roaring pretty hard right now. Signing Maxwell was an improvement. You gotta pick a new team man haha
There is no wiggle room for it not to be.

Because I'm not drinking the kool-aid doesn't make me a hater. I can do/say whatever I want. Get the sand out of your vag and stop crying about it.

There you have it

You said if we thought fletcher sucked, wait until we see maxwell. Pretty sure that means he will suck. You also said BEST case he's as good as Carey Williams. I know you're trying to back pedal right now but your statement completely inferred that Fletcher was better then Maxwell.
Whatever. Initially I was thinking he's going to struggle at times in this defense just like Fletcher did, and the risk wasn't worth it. When asked to clarify, I didn't give a hot or cold answer. I gave a range of possibilities, because he could be asked to do something entirely different then what Fletcher/Williams was asked for all I know. Gone is Maxwell operating with limited space for QBs to throw. Now he's the limited athlete that he is, all alone on an island.

For the record, I thought Cary Williams played good here battling #1 WR in today's game. I'm sure that was implied too. I'd understand if you cut him for Revis(<~ worth the risk/reward $) or something, but you didn't. The grand scheme was a giving a bunch of guaranteed money to a solid CB? Talk yourself into thinking it was a great move it all you like. I'd say you don't know much about managing risk.

Just saying, your annual eagle hatred is roaring pretty hard right now. Signing Maxwell was an improvement. You gotta pick a new team man haha
There is no wiggle room for it not to be.

Because I'm not drinking the kool-aid doesn't make me a hater. I can do/say whatever I want. Get the sand out of your vag and stop crying about it.
Then why cheer for them? Seems like you're generally more concerned about being bitter and right as long as the Eagles lose. i thought this type of fan mostly existed on CSN boards, not in here. But to each their own. If it makes you happy to b!tch about every move and cry about it, then I guess good for you. Just saying, you should probably pick a new team if you don't like these drastic moves, because Chip is gonna shake things up. You're clearly not on board with it, so was just trying to help your level of bitterness by suggesting a new team.

As for Maxwell, it's a nice back pedal you've done, but you did suggest Fletcher would be better then him. Maxwell got thrown at a lot being next to Sherman. He handled it pretty damn well. What we don't need is a guy who's never been thrown at (Nnamdi), we need a guy that has been tested, and had to compete for balls (Maxwell). I hope you can now distinguish between the two and see this is not "nnamdi all over again". Was Maxwell overpaid? Maybe. But we had tons of money and I'd rather use it then be under the cap or chase sub par CB's out there.

Chip's gonna take us for a ride. Get on board man, you complain about everything far too much and this is just the beginning of his moves that you probably won't like. I'm weary of a few moves, but we improved at all positions this offseason besides WR and Oline. So with some stress on that in the draft, no reason we can't be better then last year. Hope you can enjoy the games we will win.

I would have liked to keep Cary Williams. My fear is that the real weakness insn't William, Maxwell, or even Fletcher, but that the real problem is billy Davis.

Count me as one who'd be more comfortable with Maxwell and Williams in the secondary. Williams got torched for A) sconces and B) kind of being Bush league about complaining about Kellys refusal to give the D some breathing room. Personally, I think Williams had a point on it....but he lost a good deal of cred when he he threw the old "(paraphrasing) I'm the only guy who'll say something" line out there.

As far as Maxwell goes...in 13 he was a top level CB.....in 14...the numbers said he wasn't. The SEA D probably allowed him to cheat a bit more....but I imagine he also saw the lions share of passes......

Williams is a bum. He extended more drives with poor angles and penalties than any other defensive player on the team. Fletcher had no business being in single coverage against the other teams top receivers. I agree this a scheme flaw as every other defense will have a tough time against elite receivers but they typically will double or bracket the top receivers. When Aaron Rogers and other QB's are laughing at your defense alignment you can't blame the players.

Why can't there be some kind of option to minimize all quotes. That way you can click on them if you wan to read them but if not it's just s small one line. Kind of like the way gmail handles reply messages.

Why can't there be some kind of option to minimize all quotes. That way you can click on them if you wan to read them but if not it's just s small one line. Kind of like the way gmail handles reply messages.
Let's get search working first, then we can move on to these crazy ideas.

Love or hate the Bradford move this is a great read. There GIFs inside so I couldn't post here.

@fduffy3: ICYMI: My take on Sam Bradford and how he fits perfectly in the #Eagles Offense http://t.co/MpScfZF1PE

Interesting find someone at work showed me.

Eagles Block Bradford to Redskins - 2010
It always has to be a story :lmao:

That article could have been written with just this:

the Eagles dealt with Washington was because it made the best offer. And, yes, that offer -- a second round draft pick and a conditional fourth-round draft pick in 2011 -- made shipping McNabb within the division that much easier.

And we had Kolb and Vick and knew McNabb was done...

I'm 46 years old and never got to see him play, but he was my favorite Eagle of all-time. I own 4 jerseys from different eras of the team and all 4 are number 60. RIP and God speed to the last 60 minute man.

"You can get up now, this f-ing game's over!"

"It was only 58 1/2 minutes. I didn't play on the punt and kickoff teams.”

“Deion couldn't tackle my wife Emma."

re: Earl Wolff, Didinger said today that there was a week this year, as he was trying to come back from his injury, where he had practiced all week and the coaches were expecting him to go, and he came to them on Sunday and said he couldn't do it. Said it really soured the coaches on him. So we will see what happens with him.

RIP Chuck

re: Earl Wolff, Didinger said today that there was a week this year, as he was trying to come back from his injury, where he had practiced all week and the coaches were expecting him to go, and he came to them on Sunday and said he couldn't do it. Said it really soured the coaches on him. So we will see what happens with him.

RIP Chuck
Oof, yea. Even with all the medical science advancements, football is still a macho sport and perception is everything. He may be done here if that's the case.

Yeah I heard that too. Must have really left the team in a bind. Practice all week and then tell them he can't go day of? I'm sure that p!!ssed them off mightily.

RIP Concrete Charly

Pride of my hometown, Bethlehem Pa.

@SheilKapadia: Remembering Concrete Charlie: A roundup of Chuck Bednarik stories that are worth your time. http://t.co/jUzJxPLAsc
I had the 100 Greatest Tackles NFL Films video (VHS!) in the 90s when I was just getting into the game. That hit on Frank Gifford was #1. They'd interviewed some of his teammates and they said from the impact, the sound of the hit and the way he just rolled over out cold on the ground, they thought Gifford was dead.

I thought Bednarik had killed him.

RIP Chuck
Oof, yea. Even with all the medical science advancements, football is still a macho sport and perception is everything. He may be done here if that's the case.
Makes sense. I had a feeling he'd gotten himself into the doghouse somehow, he just seemed to be out of the equation altogether.

@SheilKapadia: Remembering Concrete Charlie: A roundup of Chuck Bednarik stories that are worth your time. http://t.co/jUzJxPLAsc
I had the 100 Greatest Tackles NFL Films video (VHS!) in the 90s when I was just getting into the game. That hit on Frank Gifford was #1. They'd interviewed some of his teammates and they said from the impact, the sound of the hit and the way he just rolled over out cold on the ground, they thought Gifford was dead.

I thought Bednarik had killed him.
Never understood the big deal about that hit - it wasn't that hard, Gifford unfortunately landed on his back and banged his head hard on the ground.

Users who are viewing this thread