What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2015 Philadelphia Eagles* - Winning when it doesnt count (5 Viewers)

#12 + #20 + Kendricks + Manziel ----> #2 (Mariota)

Still feel like that wouldn't get it done...

I'm sure it's not possible, but if Chip actually were able to turn Foles into Bradford into Manziel into Mariota (with other ancillary pieces along the way), that would be pretty impressive maneuvering.

Just saw where today McCoy is saying Buffalo feels more like the NFL.....that's hilarious. The more he cries the more it seems like Chip made the right move...what a crybaby.

Just saw where today McCoy is saying Buffalo feels more like the NFL.....that's hilarious. The more he cries the more it seems like Chip made the right move...what a crybaby.
It does seem like Chip isn't a fan of "stars" in the NFL. Which is fine, and works as long as he wins, it is what it is and you guys will probably see more of that type of atmosphere in Philly if Kelly sticks around.

thayman said:
GoBirds said:
It does seem like Chip isn't a fan of "stars" in the NFL. Which is fine, and works as long as he wins, it is what it is and you guys will probably see more of that type of atmosphere in Philly if Kelly sticks around.
That's ridiculous, if he picks a player that becomes a star you think he will get rid of him because he is a "star"? These are Reid's players he inherited. Demarco Murray was a bigger star than McCoy, why did he sign him?

thayman said:
GoBirds said:
That's ridiculous, if he picks a player that becomes a star you think he will get rid of him because he is a "star"? These are Reid's players he inherited. Demarco Murray was a bigger star than McCoy, why did he sign him?
He loves stars...if they're HIS stars.

thayman said:
GoBirds said:
That's part of it. It seems like he's wanted to get rid of all of the high profile players that were there when he showed up. Again nothing wrong with that, as long as he wins. Chip's done well with what Reid left for him. I'm very interested to see how the new look all Chip team performs.

#12 + #20 + Kendricks + Manziel ----> #2 (Mariota)

Still feel like that wouldn't get it done...
Take out Manziel and it looks much better. I think there's no chance this is actually real, but for argument's sake I think if you could get #12 from the Browns the deal above plus another first rounder would get it done I think. Still don't think it's a good idea though.

I'm ignoring the Manziel part, he has less than no value right now. He's a circus like Tebow except he's a jackass as well.

Demarco Murray was a bigger star than McCoy...
Understand the point you're trying to make, but this is just BS.
I think your vision is skewed as an Eagles fan and are stuck in the past, last year the guy with the star on his helmet was the star and probably best RB in the league. Not the one that cries to the media everyday looking for the attention. If you want to go back 2 or 3 years then yes.

That's part of it. It seems like he's wanted to get rid of all of the high profile players that were there when he showed up. Again nothing wrong with that, as long as he wins. Chip's done well with what Reid left for him. I'm very interested to see how the new look all Chip team performs.
I think this is true and Chip's taken a big gamble. A lot more talent has gone out the door than has come back in, at least to this point. I'm a big fan of Chip the coach, I was dubious on the a lot of the scheme stuff, but it works. The tempo idea I think is brilliant, last year showed why. An offense that was mediocre (blame OL injuries, Shady/Foles, whatever) on a play by play basis was #5 in the NFL because they just ran more plays. I also think the defence's problems are at least as much of their own making (couldn't cover or get off the field on 3rd down) as due to the "pressure" the offense puts on them.

I've heard people say that Belichick the coach's greatest challenge is Belichick the GM and I think he's better at it than Kelly's shown to be so far. I'm not sure talent wise the changes are more than a wash but we've greatly overpaid for what we've brought in IMO. Not sure Chip has the patience for negotiations. It's like he thinks "what do I have to do to get this finalised today?". Paid way over market rate for Murray and I can't believe anybody was offering Miles Austin $2.3m or guaranteeing $1m.

:shrug:

What do I know though?

I think your vision is skewed as an Eagles fan and are stuck in the past, last year the guy with the star on his helmet was the star and probably best RB in the league. Not the one that cries to the media everyday looking for the attention. If you want to go back 2 or 3 years then yes.
For 1 year yes, the year before that McCoy led the league in rushing. If you look at their careers on balance I don't think anyone would say Murray's had the better career so far and they're the same age. I think last year was the first time anybody would have put Murray in the same tier as McCoy.

For 1 year yes, the year before that McCoy led the league in rushing. If you look at their careers on balance I don't think anyone would say Murray's had the better career so far and they're the same age. I think last year was the first time anybody would have put Murray in the same tier as McCoy.
McCoy has been in the league 2 years longer although they are same age. With the point being the comment that "Chip doesn't like stars" since he was just signed recently this season would be the most relevant I would think in judging that.

I've heard people say that Belichick the coach's greatest challenge is Belichick the GM and I think he's better at it than Kelly's shown to be so far. I'm not sure talent wise the changes are more than a wash but we've greatly overpaid for what we've brought in IMO. Not sure Chip has the patience for negotiations. It's like he thinks "what do I have to do to get this finalised today?". Paid way over market rate for Murray and I can't believe anybody was offering Miles Austin $2.3m or guaranteeing $1m.

What do I know though?
ignorant people say all kinds of crazy things

http://www.sportingnews.com/list/4640416-nfl-draft-pick-grades-best-drafting-teams-history-packers-patriots-cowboys-steelers-seahawks-giants-jets-49ers-colts/slide/312660

What do I know though?
ignorant people say all kinds of crazy things

http://www.sportingnews.com/list/4640416-nfl-draft-pick-grades-best-drafting-teams-history-packers-patriots-cowboys-steelers-seahawks-giants-jets-49ers-colts/slide/312660
Good link thanks for posting it, I hadn't actually done a comparison but I have read that POV, with examples of a few howlers but I guess every team has those.

Actually makes me feel worse though, if Belichick is actually doing well as a GM. My point is that I think Chip's not doing well so far.

gotta give him a chance --- they haven't even played a game yet with chip the gm guys

don't forget belichick was axed in cle --- maybe they were a little quick on that trigger, or whatever axes have

edit: and btw, many years later and several titles and people still howl every time belichick makes some personnel move they don't agree with

Last edited by a moderator:
don't forget belichick was axed in cle
I remember thinking "WTF?" when the Pats gave up a first round pick to hire him from the Jets. Like I said, what do I know?

Logically I know we have to wait and see how the draft, then the season goes. Just makes me nervous that we seem to have spent so much money for so little talent gain over last year, Maxwell aside.

Bleacher Report's Jason Cole reports the Eagles are not interested in trading for Johnny Manziel.

A rumor hit the internets earlier this week that had the Eagles and Browns talking about a deal that would send Manziel plus draft picks to Philadelphia for Sam Bradford. Cole doesn't deny that the two teams have been talking, but says the discussions have centered around the Eagles wanting to acquire the Browns' first-round picks in an effort to move up in the draft for Marcus Mariota.
Related: Eagles

Source: Bleacher Report
Apr 8 - 1:41 PM

I'm in quite the dilemna now. I didn't believe the Manziel report at all but I also don't put much stock in Jason Cole.

I don't buy the Manziel report unless it's soley to use him as trade bait. (is he worth anything right now?)

As others have said, Chip could've had Manziel last year.

And after his 2014 season, he is pretty much the farthest thing from being a "Chip" guy.

We ship divas out of town, not in.

Rimez said:
I'm sure it's not possible, but if Chip actually were able to turn Foles into Bradford into Manziel into Mariota (with other ancillary pieces along the way), that would be pretty impressive maneuvering.
Especially since each move is a downgrade.
No one is a downgrade from Manziel, especially someone that hasn't played a down in the NFL yet.

I mean, I know none of them are Kirk Cousins, but I'd be happy to settle for Mariota personally.

Rimez said:
No one is a downgrade from Manziel, especially someone that hasn't played a down in the NFL yet.

I mean, I know none of them are Kirk Cousins, but I'd be happy to settle for Mariota personally.
Cousins is their savior, he just needs a chance.

Rimez said:

that got a chuckle out of me.

Skoo said:
I don't buy the Manziel report unless it's soley to use him as trade bait. (is he worth anything right now?)

And after his 2014 season, he is pretty much the farthest thing from being a "Chip" guy.

I think its more likely the Browns are saying "no really - if you want to deal, you HAVE to take Manziel off our hands".

Skoo said:

I think its more likely the Browns are saying "no really - if you want to deal, you HAVE to take Manziel off our hands".
This

Many big IFs here, but let's say that if Browns want to merely purge themselves of Manziel and want to save face by trading him, and if he as a result were a mere throw in a Mariota trade, and if he's re-focused following rehab, and if he were given a 1 screw up and your cut ultimatum, how would you feel having him as 3rd QB instead of Barkley?

Many big IFs here, but let's say that if Browns want to merely purge themselves of Manziel and want to save face by trading him, and if he as a result were a mere throw in a Mariota trade, and if he's re-focused following rehab, and if he were given a 1 screw up and your cut ultimatum, how would you feel having him as 3rd QB instead of Barkley?
Well, yeah, sure, under those conditions. :D

Can't you see what he's doing?

Mariota - Tebow - Manziel

Kellys bringing back the wishbone triple option!

As a 3rd-string QB, not sure why this even matters much, but sure I would take him over Barkley. I would probably being willing to listen to about anyone this side of Babe Laufenberg over Barkley.

Insein said:
http://www.nflshop.com/2092130/source/ak1944nfl-pla?sku=6835519&003=14180831&CS_010=2092130

In Stock

Product ID: 2092130 ($124.95)

I can see this not exactly flying off the shelves right now, with the trade rumors still swirling. Plus many will be in wait and see mode, to make sure his ACL doesn't explode, from a hot dog wrapper blowing into it, or something.
You missed my second link.

Obviously this needs to be corroborated by another source since this is just a blog site, but if this rumor has any legs, we sold high on McCoy:

http://www.phlsportsnation.com/2015/04/09/source-nfl-has-tape-of-mccoy-threatening-to-hit-chip-kelly/

According to a source with ties to NFL Films, the league has footage of running back LeSean McCoy “threatening to hit” Chip Kelly during the last game of the season against the Giants. The source claims that the league knew McCoy would “be off the team months before” the trade was announced.

Several NFL spokespeople declined to comment, as did a member of the footage licensing department.

Obviously this needs to be corroborated by another source since this is just a blog site, but if this rumor has any legs, we sold high on McCoy:

http://www.phlsportsnation.com/2015/04/09/source-nfl-has-tape-of-mccoy-threatening-to-hit-chip-kelly/

According to a source with ties to NFL Films, the league has footage of running back LeSean McCoy “threatening to hit” Chip Kelly during the last game of the season against the Giants. The source claims that the league knew McCoy would “be off the team months before” the trade was announced.

Several NFL spokespeople declined to comment, as did a member of the footage licensing department.
Doesn't surprise me. McCoy just sounds like a complete ****. He was fun to watch but some of his actions just scream huge #####.

The kid who wrote that piece is in high school. It's a shame other outlets have picked it up without fact checking.

Vansh Bansal
Author at Philadelphia Sports Nation
I am a Senior at West Windsor-Plainsboro High School North, and am the General Manager of Philadelphia Sports Nation.

Users who are viewing this thread