What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2015 Philadelphia Eagles* - Winning when it doesnt count (1 Viewer)

God I can't wait for Thursday
This thread hits page 100 by May 1st if we draft Mariota.
Eagles have to get Rowe or Jones in the 1st. I prefer Byron Jones of the two(over anyone in the draft perhaps), but Rowe would be awesome. *Rowe can play safetyIf Mariota is drafted here then he might be my top rookie for fantasy.
I want Rowe too but I would not be happy if we took him at 20. Byron Jones would be great if he fell to us.

I'd say its a 50/50 shot we are moving up for MM now anyways so it may not matter.

Eagles have to get Rowe or Jones in the 1st. I prefer Byron Jones of the two(over anyone in the draft perhaps), but Rowe would be awesome. *Rowe can play safetyIf Mariota is drafted here then he might be my top rookie for fantasy.
I want Rowe too but I would not be happy if we took him at 20. Byron Jones would be great if he fell to us.I'd say its a 50/50 shot we are moving up for MM now anyways so it may not matter.
Rowe is a top-30 prospect.

I want Rowe too but I would not be happy if we took him at 20. Byron Jones would be great if he fell to us.I'd say its a 50/50 shot we are moving up for MM now anyways so it may not matter.
Borderline. But yes, I'll give you top 30.... I don't think top 20 though.

Very very few mocks and rankings have him top 20. It's a bit of a reach when you think a guy like Perriman, Jones, Waynes, Armstead, Parker, Collins (OL) could fall to us. I could see a trade back a bit for Rowe to end of first and picking up an extra 3rd or something. BUt wouldn't be happy with Rowe at 20. NFL's mock today had him going at 51.

WEAKNESSES Linear body type with average play strength. Will struggle to carry NFL deep speed. Lacks an accelerator and is not a recovery-type cornerback. Limited as a man-cover corner. Has change-of-direction issues in tight spaces. Plays into boundary too often. Had to fight through a leg issue at one point during the 2014 season. Likely a scheme-specific player. DRAFT PROJECTION Round 2

I like the guy and really hope we move up in round 2 for him. But not at 20.

Borderline. But yes, I'll give you top 30.... I don't think top 20 though.Very very few mocks and rankings have him top 20. It's a bit of a reach when you think a guy like Perriman, Jones, Waynes, Armstead, Parker, Collins (OL) could fall to us. I could see a trade back a bit for Rowe to end of first and picking up an extra 3rd or something. BUt wouldn't be happy with Rowe at 20. NFL's mock today had him going at 51.

WEAKNESSES Linear body type with average play strength. Will struggle to carry NFL deep speed. Lacks an accelerator and is not a recovery-type cornerback. Limited as a man-cover corner. Has change-of-direction issues in tight spaces. Plays into boundary too often. Had to fight through a leg issue at one point during the 2014 season. Likely a scheme-specific player. DRAFT PROJECTION Round 2

I don't have the time now but I'll do a comparison between he and Wayne's eventually.

Borderline. But yes, I'll give you top 30.... I don't think top 20 though.Very very few mocks and rankings have him top 20. It's a bit of a reach when you think a guy like Perriman, Jones, Waynes, Armstead, Parker, Collins (OL) could fall to us. I could see a trade back a bit for Rowe to end of first and picking up an extra 3rd or something. BUt wouldn't be happy with Rowe at 20. NFL's mock today had him going at 51.

I don't have the time now but I'll do a comparison between he and Wayne's eventually.
I agree Rowe fits our system better... especially after what they said this week about wanting a DB that can play both positions. However, his talent isn't worthy of a top 20 pick. It would be Marcus all over again, or another case where Chip could have waited and gotten him later or moved up for him later. Seems like a Mathews case where we may want him round 1, but he should wait and just trade up in the 2nd for him.

Please don't let Dallas sign Polk....
Agreed. Bigger back with a nose for the GL...could excel behind that line. Always thought he had decent talent. Eagles originally offered a 2nd round tender, so they thought well of him. Seems he wanted out after seeing he's behind Murray/Mathews/Sproles. Don't blame him. IMO he gets work soon.

To correct that story, Eckel just explained it was Bradford to the browns for 19. Then Cox, Kendricks, 19 & 20 for #2. Seems light. Can't see the Titans doing it
Needs an extra high pick, but it's almost there I think. Cox turns into a legit star back as a 1-gap 4-3 DT. Kendricks has the potential to be very good as a 4-3 WLB. He played very well last year but will always be somewhat out of position as a 3-4 ILB. There's the contract problem with both of them which is why I think it needs an extra say, 2nd round pick. Shame we don't have one next year.

On I think it was the Daniel Jeremiah podcast, he said league people have told him Cox could get a 1st rnd pick in a trade from several teams, he has real value. Kendricks would be mid round at best. LBs don't have as much value.

Please don't let Dallas sign Polk....
Agreed. Bigger back with a nose for the GL...could excel behind that line. Always thought he had decent talent. Eagles originally offered a 2nd round tender, so they thought well of him. Seems he wanted out after seeing he's behind Murray/Mathews/Sproles. Don't blame him. IMO he gets work soon.
Talented but a lot of niggling injuries for a guy with 50 odd career carries. All the best to him though, don't blame him for wanting to take his chances elsewhere.

Deamon said:
Bigboy10182000 said:
Anyone see Perriman going before Parker?
Lots of talk about it now. Could very well happen.

I'd be ecstatic with either of these guys.
I'm hoping we don't take a WR in the 1st unless it's Parker, obviously assuming White or Cooper don't fall. I think the dropoff between 2nd tier of WRs and guys who'll be there in Rnds 2-4 isn't huge. I'd much rather a CB, OL or even another pass rusher if someone from that big group falls a bit.

Deamon said:
Bigboy10182000 said:
Anyone see Perriman going before Parker?
Lots of talk about it now. Could very well happen.

I'd be ecstatic with either of these guys.
I'm hoping we don't take a WR in the 1st unless it's Parker, obviously assuming White or Cooper don't fall. I think the dropoff between 2nd tier of WRs and guys who'll be there in Rnds 2-4 isn't huge. I'd much rather a CB, OL or even another pass rusher if someone from that big group falls a bit.
Seeing Perriman dead even with Parker in a lot of rankings and mocks now... some even have him surpassing him. I agree the drop off isn't much from guys below the top 4, but I think the clear top 3 has turned into a clear top 3.5 and we would be lucky to have him at 20.

To correct that story, Eckel just explained it was Bradford to the browns for 19. Then Cox, Kendricks, 19 & 20 for #2. Seems light. Can't see the Titans doing it
Needs an extra high pick, but it's almost there I think. Cox turns into a legit star back as a 1-gap 4-3 DT. Kendricks has the potential to be very good as a 4-3 WLB. He played very well last year but will always be somewhat out of position as a 3-4 ILB. There's the contract problem with both of them which is why I think it needs an extra say, 2nd round pick. Shame we don't have one next year.

On I think it was the Daniel Jeremiah podcast, he said league people have told him Cox could get a 1st rnd pick in a trade from several teams, he has real value. Kendricks would be mid round at best. LBs don't have as much value.
Makes me throw up in my mouth a little. I think it's far too much personally.

A lesser known QB who might fit Kelly's system pretty well is Heinecke out of ODU. Played in a super fast paced offense very similar to Philly's and was uber-productive. Good but not great arm, quick, smart. Only knock is a less than ideal size at barely 6 foot even. Would love to see CHip bring him in as a 7th rounder or priority FA.

Last edited by a moderator:

Me too. The history of these trades is not good but that's what I think it will take. Personally I think we should roll with Bradford for a year, and if one of Hundley/Petty/Grayson or anyone else they like is there in the 3rd or 4th they should take them. I kind of think unless you have a stone cold stud you should take one of the Tier 2 QBs in the 3rd or 4th round every 2nd year, look at them for a couple of years then make a decision.

Kind of like they did with Barkley except for the part where it didn't work out.

Me too. The history of these trades is not good but that's what I think it will take. Personally I think we should roll with Bradford for a year, and if one of Hundley/Petty/Grayson or anyone else they like is there in the 3rd or 4th they should take them. I kind of think unless you have a stone cold stud you should take one of the Tier 2 QBs in the 3rd or 4th round every 2nd year, look at them for a couple of years then make a decision.

Kind of like they did with Barkley except for the part where it didn't work out.
AGree 1000% (Except I'd even go so far as to say it was OK to spend a mid-late 2 fairly often) :thumbup:

This is a bit surprising. I'd be OK with flipping Cox for a first rounder if the Mariota deal falls through. Should be able to find a capable 3-4 DE in the middle rounds.

At this point I really believe that, barring a Mariota move, Eagles will go OL at 20. Their obvious commitment to running the ball demands that they replace Herremans with a stud. I think they can get a S/converted-CB in the second, and still find a decent WR in the third. I had originally hoped that WR would be the top priority, but this class seems deep enough to yield quality players beyond the first and second WR tiers.

Getting an extra first for Cox would be sweet. Won't surprise me if Chip flips Curry, Boykin, etc for more picks too.

I'm down with this plan.

This is a bit surprising. I'd be OK with flipping Cox for a first rounder if the Mariota deal falls through. Should be able to find a capable 3-4 DE in the middle rounds.At this point I really believe that, barring a Mariota move, Eagles will go OL at 20. Their obvious commitment to running the ball demands that they replace Herremans with a stud. I think they can get a S/converted-CB in the second, and still find a decent WR in the third. I had originally hoped that WR would be the top priority, but this class seems deep enough to yield quality players beyond the first and second WR tiers.

Getting an extra first for Cox would be sweet. Won't surprise me if Chip flips Curry, Boykin, etc for more picks too.
Wouldn't surprise me either. He seems hell bent on getting rid of everyone from the 2013 draft.

I think a lot of people are cool with letting Cox/ Kendricks go but I have a feeling that will change dramatically once they see how awful it makes our defense. If we get rid of both of them and get a rookie QB you cant expect more than 7 wins IMO and thats without any major injury issues to the remaining players.

I'd be supremely disappointed if they ship BOTH those guys. Kendricks is as good as gone in my mind, so might as well get something for him. Cox is too valuable IMO. That said, If Chip thinks Mariota is an absolute need, so be it. Agree that a sub .500 season is a given this year if we make that trade.

I think a lot of people are cool with letting Cox/ Kendricks go but I have a feeling that will change dramatically once they see how awful it makes our defense. If we get rid of both of them and get a rookie QB you cant expect more than 7 wins IMO and thats without any major injury issues to the remaining players.
I'd absolute hate trading Cox away. He is a stud and the main reason why the front 7 played so good. He was always a disruption around the line that helped free up Barwin, Kendricks, Graham to make a play.

I'd be supremely disappointed if they ship BOTH those guys. Kendricks is as good as gone in my mind, so might as well get something for him. Cox is too valuable IMO. That said, If Chip thinks Mariota is an absolute need, so be it. Agree that a sub .500 season is a given this year if we make that trade.
I just think people dont remember how bad that feels and how much more you seem to "need" once that hits you.

He's not but Jordan is close to being worthless as well. Im not even sure he likes football at this point and I cant see Chip wanting him.

Im interested to see what if anything Smith learned from his rookie year. He may have a Brandon Graham type of trajectory

I just think people dont remember how bad that feels and how much more you seem to "need" once that hits you.
yes, I think that most people assume Chip + Mariota is a guaranteed 12 wins and deep playoff run. It ain't. I'd be very, very surprised if we won 9 games let alone the division in year 1 of the Chip&MM show. Frankly if we 'do the deal' I think we're looking at 2017-18 to be real-deal contenders. Which is why the Demarco signing didn't make much sense to me (or its a sign that this whole MM thing is BS).

After reading all the blogs and listening to the radio for the last 3 weeks I am more and more thinking that we do the boring thing and take WR or whatever Defensive BPA at 20 (or even trade back) and then grab Hundley. The collective whimper in this town will be palpable-but IMHO is the right move. Go into this season with Bradford, Demarco, Mathews and an improved defense. I'd bet double digit wins with that game plan.

This is a bit surprising. I'd be OK with flipping Cox for a first rounder if the Mariota deal falls through. Should be able to find a capable 3-4 DE in the middle rounds.At this point I really believe that, barring a Mariota move, Eagles will go OL at 20. Their obvious commitment to running the ball demands that they replace Herremans with a stud. I think they can get a S/converted-CB in the second, and still find a decent WR in the third. I had originally hoped that WR would be the top priority, but this class seems deep enough to yield quality players beyond the first and second WR tiers.

I'd be ok with trading Cox for the pick to get Armstead. Essentially the same player and you get him cheap for 4 years as opposed to paying Cox 8 mil/yr

This is a bit surprising. I'd be OK with flipping Cox for a first rounder if the Mariota deal falls through. Should be able to find a capable 3-4 DE in the middle rounds.

At this point I really believe that, barring a Mariota move, Eagles will go OL at 20. Their obvious commitment to running the ball demands that they replace Herremans with a stud. I think they can get a S/converted-CB in the second, and still find a decent WR in the third. I had originally hoped that WR would be the top priority, but this class seems deep enough to yield quality players beyond the first and second WR tiers.

They really like Tobin and Barbre. I would be surprised if they went OL in the first. I think the more likely draft pick is a CB/S combo guy like Byron Jones or a WR.

It also feels pretty bad to keep having 9/10 win playoff seasons with no real shot to win the superbowl. Do we think our team is a title contender with Bradford Murray THIS year? Next year? If we are SOLELY after a title, I feel the MM risk may be the way to go. If we are content with some playoff runs and tiny "retooling" of the team, then definitely don't make that trade.

It also feels pretty bad to keep having 9/10 win playoff seasons with no real shot to win the superbowl. Do we think our team is a title contender with Bradford Murray THIS year? Next year? If we are SOLELY after a title, I feel the MM risk may be the way to go. If we are content with some playoff runs and tiny "retooling" of the team, then definitely don't make that trade.
This isnt basketball though. How many times have wildcard teams ended up winning the SB or even going there? If you are in the playoffs you have a shot. Teams like the Patriots were considered done last seson after KC hammered them and look what happened down teh stretch once they got hot.

If a 10 win season gets you in you have a good shot in the NFL. If we part with a ton to get MM the narrative will just change to "Now we dont have the picks to protect him. We need depth at OL but we dont have the picks. Our D cant stop anyone etc"

yes, I think that most people assume Chip + Mariota is a guaranteed 12 wins and deep playoff run. It ain't. I'd be very, very surprised if we won 9 games let alone the division in year 1 of the Chip&MM show. Frankly if we 'do the deal' I think we're looking at 2017-18 to be real-deal contenders. Which is why the Demarco signing didn't make much sense to me (or its a sign that this whole MM thing is BS).

After reading all the blogs and listening to the radio for the last 3 weeks I am more and more thinking that we do the boring thing and take WR or whatever Defensive BPA at 20 (or even trade back) and then grab Hundley. The collective whimper in this town will be palpable-but IMHO is the right move. Go into this season with Bradford, Demarco, Mathews and an improved defense. I'd bet double digit wins with that game plan.
If Griffin can get a ####ty Redskins team to the playoffs then Mariota can get this Eagles team to the playoffs.

I know Chip has shown he'll do anything, which makes things exciting, but this would really surprise me. I think he has his QB

I know Chip has shown he'll do anything, which makes things exciting, but this would really surprise me. I think he has his QB
I think he set himself up so that if he doesn't get Mariota he is happy with Bradford. I am sure he is trying and inquiring, but he probably doesn't feel as desperate as Chip did when he had Foles. I am sure he wants Mariota, but he knows if he goes into the season with Bradford he (i.e. Chip believes) will be ok.

I think he set himself up so that if he doesn't get Mariota he is happy with Bradford. I am sure he is trying and inquiring, but he probably doesn't feel as desperate as Chip did when he had Foles. I am sure he wants Mariota, but he knows if he goes into the season with Bradford he (i.e. Chip believes) will be ok.
Until Bradford gets hurt, again.

So many people talk about Chip trading for mariota that it seems almost un-Chip right now

maybe he trades for Winston

:o

THAT would be very Chip

Bigboy10182000 said:
Deamon said:
Bigboy10182000 said:
This isnt basketball though. How many times have wildcard teams ended up winning the SB or even going there? If you are in the playoffs you have a shot. Teams like the Patriots were considered done last seson after KC hammered them and look what happened down teh stretch once they got hot.

If a 10 win season gets you in you have a good shot in the NFL. If we part with a ton to get MM the narrative will just change to "Now we dont have the picks to protect him. We need depth at OL but we dont have the picks. Our D cant stop anyone etc"
True. I guess we should be happy with making it and hoping for the best. Some in here seem to think one step back and two steps forward is a good risk though. I just want to win a SuperBowl in my lifetime and since we're already all in on chip, figured just let him go nuts and see what comes of it. We can build a 9 win first round exit team another time.

B-Deep said:
So many people talk about Chip trading for mariota that it seems almost un-Chip right now

maybe he trades for Winston

:o

THAT would be very Chip
That would be so Chip that it would no longer be very Chip.

Bigboy10182000 said:
Deamon said:
Bigboy10182000 said:

True. I guess we should be happy with making it and hoping for the best. Some in here seem to think one step back and two steps forward is a good risk though. I just want to win a SuperBowl in my lifetime and since we're already all in on chip, figured just let him go nuts and see what comes of it. We can build a 9 win first round exit team another time.
I'm probably more down on Chip than any other person alive, but this seems like a very measured and emotionally sane approach for a fan to take. :thumbup:

Weird #### sometimes works in this league. I'm not a believer, but if 2016 starts up and the Eagles have a Lombardi, Jameis Winston is a first team All-Pro, and the Pats and Steelers are flipping a coin to see who picks first in the draft, I wouldn't be floored.

That's funny. I was thinking the other day, that would be the ultimate Chip Kelly "I'm smarter than you, so #### off" move. Trade up to the #1 overall and with the first pick in the draft take Jameis Winston. What a hot mess that would be in this town.

That's funny. I was thinking the other day, that would be the ultimate Chip Kelly "I'm smarter than you, so #### off" move. Trade up to the #1 overall and with the first pick in the draft take Jameis Winston. What a hot mess that would be in this town.
The whole "I'm smarter than you" thing, where did this start? I understood it under Andy but many radio people want it to imply with Chip and I don't see it. Isn't the smarter thing to do to address what we need and not do something stupid? I don't know that I have seen Chip do anything, in 2 years, that I consider stupid.

The whole "I'm smarter than you" thing, where did this start? I understood it under Andy but many radio people want it to imply with Chip and I don't see it. Isn't the smarter thing to do to address what we need and not do something stupid? I don't know that I have seen Chip do anything, in 2 years, that I consider stupid.
It's because he came into the league planning to use an offense that wasn't part of the status quo. I'm sure Bill Walsh was viewed the same way.

Bigboy10182000 said:
unckeyherb said:
You don't get the vibe from Chip that he thinks he's the smartest guy in the room? The jettisoning of Desean, the trading Shady and Foles, getting an oft injured QB, re-signing Sanchez and picking up Tebow as a 'camp arm' are all indications of Chip 'bucking the system'.

Not sure that there are too many NFL coaches who don't think that they are the smartest guy in the room.

i don't understand the idea of thinking that he would do something solely to be different or show he is the smartest guy. These guys want to win. They have very healthy egos. They do things because they think that they will result in the most success, not because they want to be the smartest guy in the room.

Users who are viewing this thread