Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Insein

*Official 2015 Philadelphia Eagles* - Winning when it doesnt count

Cleve has offered 2 firsts for the pick. I'm not sure that rumoured 19+20+cox+kendricks is much better then 12+19. Assuming cleve would easily throw in a 3rd or something too to sweeten it.

That plus the Eagles 2016 1st, that enough?

No, the report was 19+20+Cox+Kendricks for #2.

I'm saying add the #1 next year to get it done.

Cleve has offered 2 firsts for the pick. I'm not sure that rumoured 19+20+cox+kendricks is much better then 12+19. Assuming cleve would easily throw in a 3rd or something too to sweeten it.

ya maybe. I wouldn't do that on our end though.

Here's what happens:

Tennessee is bluffing, doesn't get a good enough offer for 2, lets Mariotta slide and the Eagles trade with Raiders for number 4 and Mariotta.

I think Tenn is bluffing as well. Actually I think most teams are bluffing and MM has a chance of falling to around the 9-12 range

The Jets would be out of their minds to pass on him. If he falls to the 9-12 range, then he is being EXTREMELY overvalued by the media or by what teams are saying to the media. If that's the case and he's not even close to as good as advertised, not sure I want him.

I remember the media hype being really high on Rodgers. Up until draft day people were still wondering if the 49ers would draft Rodgers. Like the Bucs with Winston now, the 49ers were dropping hints that Alex Smith was the pick but many in the media thought Rodgers should go #1. During the draft it was shocking to everyone how teams kept passing on him (Vikings and Cowboys twice).

True. But situations like this happen very rarely. For every Rodgers and Brady that all these teams pass on, there's 10 QBs that don't make it. I think maybe there's more QB needy teams then back in Rodgers' draft... and having a franchise QB is even more important now. If there's a qb needy team that thinks mariota has a shot to be a rodgers, they're not letting him drop outside the top 10

Seems cheap to me. I have zero doubt Mariota would light it up under Chip.

Bradford+Cox+Fletcher+1st rounder this year (maybe stud wr)+1st Rounder next year (Another Defensive stud) or MM+none of those 5 players.

Cox and Kendricks would have to agree to extensions right?

Bradford+Cox+Fletcher+1st rounder this year (maybe stud wr)+1st Rounder next year (Another Defensive stud) or MM+none of those 5 players.

#20 pick - maybe a bust.

Late 1st next year - maybe a bust.

You feel comfortable signing Bradford to a long-term deal? It's either that or let him walk and start looking for a QB again.

#20 pick - maybe a bust.

You feel comfortable signing Bradford to a long-term deal? It's either that or let him walk and start looking for a QB again.

Or MM is a bust and we are looking at a new qb next year. Or maybe it's new WR's or Oline next year WITHOUT the new one we got at 20, and without a first rounder next year to do it.

There will always be holes. I'm okay with moving up for MM... and that deal that was rumoured, I'd do. I wouldn't give up potentially 4 1st rounders for him though (Bradford can fetch a 1st, our pick 20, Cox was a 1st, and 2016 1st).... plus kendricks.

#20 pick - maybe a bust.

Depends on the deal. Right now I dont but that could change drastically if he takes to the offense.

That's why these trade scenarios/rumors don't make all that much sense. If these trades happen while on the clock two of the main components are potentially one year rentals. If the Titans were negotiating with Cox and Kendricks now as a contingency if Mariota was on the clock, wouldn't we know about it?

That's why these trade scenarios/rumors don't make all that much sense. If these trades happen while on the clock two of the main components are potentially one year rentals. If the Titans were negotiating with Cox and Kendricks now as a contingency if Mariota was on the clock, wouldn't we know about it?

Maybe. i don't really know how much actual info gets leaked. I think it's entirely possible that the Titans GM and Cox/Kendricks' agents have had phone calls that will never leak.

I figured as much and if Tennessee passes theyre not going to be included in any deal because of that.

#20 pick - maybe a bust.

Or MM is a bust and we are looking at a new qb next year. Or maybe it's new WR's or Oline next year WITHOUT the new one we got at 20, and without a first rounder next year to do it.

There will always be holes. I'm okay with moving up for MM... and that deal that was rumoured, I'd do. I wouldn't give up potentially 4 1st rounders for him though (Bradford can fetch a 1st, our pick 20, Cox was a 1st, and 2016 1st).... plus kendricks.

You got 3 relatively cheap years out of Cox and Kendricks, but next year they are going to cost a lot of money to keep.

Granted giving up that much is a high risk move but if Chip is right and he's the perfect QB for his system then no price is too high.

@JasonLaCanfora: Eagles are shopping LB Mychal Kendricks. Seeking a 2nd round pick in return. Teams are balking at that price but something could happen

Rams reportedly wanted Kendricks or Bobby Wagner with the second round pick they got from DAL (so they could take CB Claiborne), when they unfortunately traded down five picks to add a fifth for guard Ro Watkins, who was cut in training camp for out of control weight issues. PHI and SEA of course took them both bang bang, and the Rams settled for RB bust Isaiah Pead.

The PHI 2016 second (acquired in the trade) might be worth a third in THIS draft, don't know if that would fit. Rams could just draft a player like McKinney, Anthony or Perryman in the second in this draft that is younger and more cost controlled for the next several years. Kendricks might be appealing as an heir apparent for Laurniaitis, who may be approaching the down slope of his career at about 30, but the Rams have a bunch of contracts that could need attention in 2016 (Foles, WR Quick, CBs Janoris Jenkins and Trumaine Johnson, to name a few). Don't know they would want to take on another one? They also already have Ogletree and Ayers who are pretty good athletes, and could be the nickel LBs (plus SS Barron can be used as an extra LB in the big nickel, sometimes as a base alignment).

At this point what does it matter? Go get em chipper.

The more I think about it - someone only says "I'm not going to mortgage the future" when they are prepared to mortgage the future.

The more I think about it - someone only says "I'm not going to mortgage the future" when they are prepared to mortgage the future.

He just meant he's not giving up 30 draft picks. Anything less and its not a real mortgage.

I think TEN will take Mariota, unless they do a deal w/ the Chargers for Rivers. If you're making decisions on the Titans you have to have a pair of giant watermelons to stick with Zach Mettenburger and see MM be successful elsewhere. If they're convinced he fails, that's one thing but I don't see how they pass if they don't get an at least solid QB in a deal to move down.

If they do take a deal and trade down, I think the Browns have a shot, but to go down to #20 would be just to far. The Browns could use their two 1st rounders and one more early pick to get it done, but if I'm the Titans looking at the Eagles picks over the next two years, I'd want players instead. I'd be looking for 3-4 guys out of a list including Lane Johnson, Cox, Jordan Matthews, Zach Ertz, Kendricks in that order of value, plus #20 and next year's 1st. I'd want those guys because they're cheap, at least for a year and they've proven they can play.

It's too much, to get up to #2 they'd have to gut the team and it's not worth it. I don't think getting #19 from the Browns for Bradford has a chance because even they have to see that they'd have him for a year then he'd leave, unless they franchised him but that would get ugly because like anyone with a choice he'd be looking for a better option than that team.

If everyone's wrong and he does slide then I think it just makes it easier for the Browns to get a deal done. Maybe they want to stick with Johnny 8-ball, they are possibly the dumbest team in the league, but there's too many other teams that would be at least a chance to take him.

Very nervous that Chip's going to do something stupid, so I hope the Bucs draft Marcus.

Edit: If he could do a deal that got MM and only cost Bradford, one player, #20 and next year's #1 I'd probably be OK with it. I don't think that has a chance though and any more is too much to pay.

Mayocks mock has finally been released. I know he waits until the very last minute usually to put it out, and that's probably why, but he's by far the most accurate mocker usually. Always seems to know something going on.

He has Mariota going 2nd to Tenn... surprisingly williams slipping to 5. Randall coming to us.

I think TEN will take Mariota, unless they do a deal w/ the Chargers for Rivers. If you're making decisions on the Titans you have to have a pair of giant watermelons to stick with Zach Mettenburger and see MM be successful elsewhere.

As the Titans GM, if I didn't get a ransom for the pick I'd have no problem picking sure thing Leonard Williams at 2. Mariota is a project in any other non Kelly system.

I think TEN will take Mariota, unless they do a deal w/ the Chargers for Rivers. If you're making decisions on the Titans you have to have a pair of giant watermelons to stick with Zach Mettenburger and see MM be successful elsewhere.

As the Titans GM, if I didn't get a ransom for the pick I'd have no problem picking sure thing Leonard Williams at 2. Mariota is a project in any other non Kelly system.
Agree. It doesn't make much sense for Whisenhunt to take MM. He's in win now mode, and taking Mariota at 2 doesn't help right now. Besides the fact he called Mettenburger a poor man's Tom Brady. Plus I have Leonard Williams at +700 to be the second pick.

@JasonLaCanfora: Eagles are shopping LB Mychal Kendricks. Seeking a 2nd round pick in return. Teams are balking at that price but something could happen

Wouldn't mind if the Vikings moved down from 11 to 20 for Kendricks. Vikings would be giving up 400 points which is equivalent to the 2.18 pick in the draft.

Agree. It doesn't make much sense for Whisenhunt to take MM. He's in win now mode, and taking Mariota at 2 doesn't help right now. Besides the fact he called Mettenburger a poor man's Tom Brady. Plus I have Leonard Williams at +700 to be the second pick.

Can't remember the numbers now but unless you draft Ryan Leaf you're assured of getting another year when you draft a QB top 5.

Wouldn't mind if the Vikings moved down from 11 to 20 for Kendricks. Vikings would be giving up 400 points which is equivalent to the 2.18 pick in the draft.

Would be very happy with this. Regardless of who we get at that spot.

19+20+Cox+Kendricks should be enough to get up to Oaklands #5 if Tenn takes Williams.

Not a great class of inside LBs IMO. I heard that the younger Kendrick's knee has been red flagged by teams. Odds are the Vikings would be taking a CB at 20.

Mayocks mock has finally been released. I know he waits until the very last minute usually to put it out, and that's probably why, but he's by far the most accurate mocker usually. Always seems to know something going on.

He has Mariota going 2nd to Tenn... surprisingly williams slipping to 5. Randall coming to us.

I'd be OK with Randall at 20.

19+20+Cox+Kendricks should be enough to get up to Oaklands #5 if Tenn takes Williams.

Oakland picks 4

Not a great class of inside LBs IMO. I heard that the younger Kendrick's knee has been red flagged by teams. Odds are the Vikings would be taking a CB at 20.

You're in the Eagles thread... I meant Philly by "we". Don't care who they would take at 20, if it only costs us Kendricks to move up from 20 to 11, that's a no brainer. Could then use that to move up for Mariota, or just stay put and draft someone like Parker or Waynes.

Oakland picks 4

Oops Ya I meant 4... since Jax won't be taking him at 3.

Jaguars won't take Mariota but they'd LOVE to trade down and accumulate picks.

Kendricks has the better shot to go.

I cant see Cox going anywhere for at least 5 more years

Wish they would keep both but agree with this.

I'll be pissed if Cleveland somehow screws this up for Chip to get Mariota. I am still salty about how they won that damn NBA draft lottery last year and got Wiggins from the Sixers (though I love Embid too), but if Cleveland contributes to the Eagles not getting Chip's boy, I will not be sad if that city burns to the ground

I'll be pissed if Cleveland somehow screws this up for Chip to get Mariota. I am still salty about how they won that damn NBA draft lottery last year and got Wiggins from the Sixers (though I love Embid too), but if Cleveland contributes to the Eagles not getting Chip's boy, I will not be sad if that city burns to the ground

Mariota being a top 5 talent and us picking 20 is what will "screw" us. IF Tennessee believes he is a franchise QB than not many teams will have enough to change their minds

Mariota being a top 5 talent and us picking 20 is what will "screw" us. IF Tennessee believes he is a franchise QB than not many teams will have enough to change their minds

just was mentioning if the Browns, who have been saying they want Bradford for awhile, would at the last minute decide they wouldn't want to make a deal. I am sure Tennessee and Chip started this conversation months ago, and I can imagine Chip basically said something along the line of "what do you need to trade that pick". I would think Chip has gone out and tried to get those pieces, and that is why the off-season was a little nutty. if that final piece is another 1st round pick, I am just not hoping he got this far and would not be able to make that last step

How come? Is it a guarantee that he signs with us in FA?

just was mentioning if the Browns, who have been saying they want Bradford for awhile, would at the last minute decide they wouldn't want to make a deal. I am sure Tennessee and Chip started this conversation months ago, and I can imagine Chip basically said something along the line of "what do you need to trade that pick". I would think Chip has gone out and tried to get those pieces, and that is why the off-season was a little nutty. if that final piece is another 1st round pick, I am just not hoping he got this far and would not be able to make that last step

Good point. I still go back to the thought of how much we REALLY know about what is going on behind the scenes. Chip and Tenn could have had a deal done and not told a soul, no? Or they could have been talking for months about it like you say. Tonight is gonna be crazy. Even if no trades happen, that will be crazy.

Assuming he continues to play up to his potential, yes. You cant chase your tail when you have a difference maker like him on the DL

Good point. I still go back to the thought of how much we REALLY know about what is going on behind the scenes. Chip and Tenn could have had a deal done and not told a soul, no? Or they could have been talking for months about it like you say. Tonight is gonna be crazy. Even if no trades happen, that will be crazy.

If you're Chip you're not laying all your cards on the table months ago, that's bad business

For the record, Cox is now signed for 2 more years.

Assuming that he is still here after tonight, I think they do a new contract pretty soon. Or maybe in like October once the salary cap numbers for the year are more set and they have money they can use..

I really hope they make it happen. As long as they don't have to mortgage this and/or next years' drafts, I'm on board.

Man, this is gonna be a looooooooooong day.

I just really don't see how Bradford makes the Browns better. If the Browns are the reason the Eagles did all this crazy #### this offseason, and have no intention of trading them a pick to get their deal done with Tenn, that would just be awesome. And Chip would deserve this for what he did to Cle.

Assuming he continues to play up to his potential, yes. You cant chase your tail when you have a difference maker like him on the DL

I don't know, it's been beaten to death but Chip has shown he doesn't love guys he didn't pick himself so I can see him not wanting Cox around. Maybe he'll want him around, but he might not be joyous and throwing a massive deal at him like another team might.

I just really don't see how Bradford makes the Browns better. If the Browns are the reason the Eagles did all this crazy #### this offseason, and have no intention of trading them a pick to get their deal done with Tenn, that would just be awesome. And Chip would deserve this for what he did to Cle.

Well, say what you will about Sam Bradford, but one thing is certain: If he goes to the Browns he is far and away the best QB on the team

What did he do to Cle?