What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2015 Philadelphia Eagles* - Winning when it doesnt count (3 Viewers)

i posted this in the Cowboys thread, but i really am curious to the answer:

Is Jerry Jones mentally delayed? the way this letter is written, i would really think it is by a 3rd, maybe 4th grader? This is actually a somewhat serious question, the way this letter is written I actually am kind of surprised it isn't in crayon:

http://sports.yahoo....-233708704.html
So worried about the boys the fan base will never move forward with their own issues...typical reject eagle fan...enjoy always thinking about the cowboys...chirp flipping Kelly...lol...chirp is on purpose...he is the old ball coach from the skins...back in college in a year or two...fly eagle fly
Sensitive?

No idea what to think about Hicks. I assume that they see something in him that fits in to exactly what they want to do on defense. If that's the case, then that's good with me.

Feel kind of similar about the Agholor pick. Not excited about it, but it was at least where most people had him rated and I assume that Chip knows what he wants to do.

Rowe pick is great. Not worried about losing the 5ths. Being able to get a potential impact player at an area of need is great.

I am surprised that we haven't addressed OL. That is definitely a position that I trust Chip to value and not neglect, so I hope this means that he has really seen what he wants out of Barbre and Tobin.

My thoughts so far:

Round 1 - Nelson Agholor, WR

Good value and seems versatile. I'm sure Chip likes that he can contribute on ST.

Round 2 - Eric Rowe, CB/S

Great value as most seemed to have him as late 1st/early 2nd talent. I love his skills and am happy the Eagles moved up to secure him.

Round 3 - Jordan Hicks, LB

I know it seems like we have too much depth at LB but I don't think that's necessarily the case.

We got Kiko (who is a stud IMO) but he's still recovering. We've seen some guys can take a full year to get back to speed and being rangy is Kiko's bread & butter. I'd put DeMeco in the same boat, with an added negative of being older which means slower recovery.

IMO, our best healthy ILBs seem to be Kendricks & Hicks. Brad Jones, Goode & Acho are fine depth but I don't want them on field all the time.

So yea, I'm good with this pick the longer I think about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am surprised that we haven't addressed OL. That is definitely a position that I trust Chip to value and not neglect, so I hope this means that he has really seen what he wants out of Barbre and Tobin.
Supposedly Eagles have their eye on a couple of small-school OL picks, Cole Manhart and Mike Coccia. 7th round or UDFA?

Billy Bats said:
Insein said:
Ash said:
Bigboy10182000 said:
That spot needs a future and security. I'm totally fine with this pick.
Would have preferred a future with Kendricks and Alonso but agree that a Ryans replacement was required.
As good as Kendricks played, the knock on him has been that he's more suited for 4-3 weak side LB. If we can get a 2nd next year or dare to hope for a first, then its worth the flip.
I thought we had rated Kendricks at 3rd round value?
We did but if you flip him for a 2016 2nd, that'd be even.

so out of all the recent former Eagles, i think the one i may root for the most is Nick Foles. i am sure Maclin will be taken care of by Reid, and both he and Shady have real nice contracts. D-Jax i feel a little for, but if i had to choose one that i hope does the best, i think it may be Foles. anybody else?
I'll be silently hoping St. Louis has a good year. We don't play them so its cool.

i posted this in the Cowboys thread, but i really am curious to the answer:

Is Jerry Jones mentally delayed? the way this letter is written, i would really think it is by a 3rd, maybe 4th grader? This is actually a somewhat serious question, the way this letter is written I actually am kind of surprised it isn't in crayon:

http://sports.yahoo....-233708704.html
So worried about the boys the fan base will never move forward with their own issues...typical reject eagle fan...enjoy always thinking about the cowboys...chirp flipping Kelly...lol...chirp is on purpose...he is the old ball coach from the skins...back in college in a year or two...fly eagle fly
Are you familiar with the psychological term projecting?

so out of all the recent former Eagles, i think the one i may root for the most is Nick Foles. i am sure Maclin will be taken care of by Reid, and both he and Shady have real nice contracts. D-Jax i feel a little for, but if i had to choose one that i hope does the best, i think it may be Foles. anybody else?
I'll be silently hoping St. Louis has a good year. We don't play them so its cool.
Ya I don't think anyone can root against Foles.

we are on the clock... three straight olinemen just went though. Ugh.

EDIT: JUst traded down with detroit.

What the hell? 3rd rounder NEXT year? No picks in round 4 or 5 for us. Ugh. Hope next year we go OL in first 2 rounds.

Word is we targeted 2 of those 3 OL that just went right before us. Damn, Clemmings would have been nice.

So 2 in the 6th and 1 in the 7th. Not picking again till about 3pm. Kind of a disappointing third day then.

Disappointing if they actually don't pick until the 6th round. I'm still hopeful that they deal a player for a pick.

But the Lions trade is a big win on the value chart.

Chip asked if he's aware how much people try to solve him: "You think about what I'm thinking more than I think about what I'm thinking."

If we don't trade into the 5th here, that will be rough. Are we really going to walk out of the draft with 3 guys in the top 190 Picks? We originally had 6 in the top 156.

@lawlornfl: JaCorey Shepherd is an interesting pick. Talented DB, but lacks ideal speed. I am all for adding as many weapons to the secodary as possible

J. Shepherd (6th rounder)

2014: First-team All Big 12

Pro Day Results

40-yard dash: 4.65 and 4.68 seconds

14 Bench press reps

ANALYSIS

Strengths

Plays with exceptional ball skills. Reads receiver's eyes and plays the ball with great timing. Attacks the ball and receiver's hands to swat ball away. Had 32 passes defensed and 5 interceptions over last two seasons as a starter. Able to get into a receiver's chest in press coverage. Uses plus acceleration and smart angles to recover when beaten in space.

Weaknesses

His throttle sticks when forced to plant a foot and drive forward. Doesn't show much trust in his own deep speed. Will open hips prematurely, allowing receiver to turn him around or break off routes underneath. Gets rocked off balance out of press coverage by foot quickness and head fakes. Benefited from poorly thrown balls his way. Passive tackler who goes along for the ride.

Draft Projection

Round 5

Sources Tell Us

"He gets sloppy with his feet and technique, but I think he can play. You don't make that many plays on the ball because of luck. You make that many plays because you have a great feel for it." -- NFC college director of scouting

@SheilKapadia: Eagles take Kansas State CB Randall Evans. 6-0/195, ran 4.44 at Pro Day. Walked on, became All-Big 12. Has played CB, nickel and safety.

I guess linemen aren't a priority. :shrug: Second year in a row no oline.
Agreed. But the holes at WR/S/CB were plugged with very good players and matches IMO.

Have to think 4th round was OLINE but targets got swiped and they netted an extra 3 next year.

Like both DB round 6 adds

From 4/10

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2015/4/10/8384171/2015-nfl-draft-eagles-to-meet-with-randall-evans-for-pre-draft-visit?_ga=1.243453957.1275902672.1402172524

According to multiple reports fromBleeding Green Nation's Mike Kaye, the Eagles are set to bring in three more 2015 NFL Draft prospects for pre-draft visits in Philadelphia.

The names include: Kansas State cornerback Randall Evans, Missouri wide receiver Jimmie Hunt, andStony Brook wide receiver Adrian Coxson. Let's take a closer look.

Randall Evans

Evans is a 6-foot, 190-pound cornerback from Kansas State. A first team All-Big 12 selection during his final season in college, Evans was initially a walk-on to the program. He ended up starting 31 games, producing seven interceptions and 35 pass breakups. He also forced five fumbles during his college career.

Users who are viewing this thread