What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2015 Philadelphia Eagles* - Winning when it doesnt count (1 Viewer)

It would seem like Jerry hit him with the "if you leave this is off the table" or else his agent would have took that deal and advised other teams. Im usually critical of some of their moves but Jerry appears to have done this one right
And his agent is a fool if he thinks he couldn't have gotten that from another team regardless of a Jerry threat
he has the same agent as Gregory correct? I just love the talk that the Cowboys may have the best OL of all time now. I saw a ton of holding in that game at Giants stadium, and the Eagles didn't have too much trouble on Thanksgiving day. Certainly a nice grab by them and they have talent, but that doesn't automatically equate to a superb line. Above average OL helps, but teams won't be too afraid of McFadden and stacking 8 guys in the box won't help too much, regardless of how good your interior OL is

ETA: I won't carry on about the cowpokes for much longer, but I have to think a lot of this signing has to do with Murray leaving the Cowboys. I think the Cowboys just assumed he would resign there, and were surprised when he came to Philly. I have to think it put a knick in Jerry's ego. Obviously any team takes a top OL prospect if he is available, but I think Jerry would love nothing more than for McFadden to have success and all because of that OL. it is possible, and will be interesting to see.

Putting aside my being a fan of the Eagles, it was still a real dirty move I thought the Cowboys did last year to Murray. It seemed pretty obvious that they never really had an intention of re-signing him and literally beat him into the ground last year to get every ounce of life out of Murray before he moved on. I know that is the business, but it was still pretty messed up for the team to do that to a player who has helped to build them and do it almost blatantly. not sure of how many other teams I remember doing that. I know when Arian Foster had all those carries for a season or 2 the team tried to repay him for all of that.

Last edited by a moderator:
It would seem like Jerry hit him with the "if you leave this is off the table" or else his agent would have took that deal and advised other teams. Im usually critical of some of their moves but Jerry appears to have done this one right
And his agent is a fool if he thinks he couldn't have gotten that from another team regardless of a Jerry threat
he has the same agent as Gregory correct? I just love the talk that the Cowboys may have the best OL of all time now. I saw a ton of holding in that game at Giants stadium, and the Eagles didn't have too much trouble on Thanksgiving day. Certainly a nice grab by them and they have talent, but that doesn't automatically equate to a superb line. Above average OL helps, but teams won't be too afraid of McFadden and stacking 8 guys in the box won't help too much, regardless of how good your interior OL is
2 years ago we had the best OL and mainly for the same reason the Cowboys had the best last year--health. If Smith misses 4-5 weeks and Martin misses another 6 a new team will be crowned the best OL in football and it will mainly be because they were all healthy

2 years ago we had the best OL and mainly for the same reason the Cowboys had the best last year--health. If Smith misses 4-5 weeks and Martin misses another 6 a new team will be crowned the best OL in football and it will mainly be because they were all healthy
yup, without a doubt health is pretty much the key. that and don't have your OL popping illegal substances and getting banned 4-6 games.

well hold on now ... had they kept Murray to 240 carries, would PHI have signed Murray to a big payday ?

Murray got his money THANKS TO THE HEAVY WORKLOAD

well hold on now ... had they kept Murray to 240 carries, would PHI have signed Murray to a big payday ?

Murray got his money THANKS TO THE HEAVY WORKLOAD
anybody who claims to know what is going on in Chip's head is completely full of b.s. I have no idea. Murray always had the talent, hell I think a day or 2 before he signed with the Eagles Chip didn't think he would be part of the team. I think the combo of Bradford and Murray had a significant role in it.

Sam Bradford has better arm than Andrew Luck, Nick Foles according to Eagles' Zach ErtzMatt Lombardo | For NJ Advance Media By Matt Lombardo | For NJ Advance Media

Follow on Twitter

on May 07, 2015 at 3:55 PM, updated May 07, 2015 at 3:56 PM

Comments

Eagles tight end Zach Ertz caught passes from Indianapolis Colts' franchise quarterback Andrew Luck while the pair played together at Stanford, but he says Sam Bradford actually has a better arm.

In addition to Luck, Ertz also was teammates with Michael Vick and Nick Foles during their time with the Eagles and the third-year tight end is getting the chance to practice with Bradford for the first time this month.

"We've been throwing for the past three weeks and I can honestly say I've thrown with Andrew, Nick and other guys, and I don't think I've thrown with a guy who has a stronger arm than Sam Bradford," Ertz told CSN Philly.

"He hasn't been able to really truly get his full legs underneath him. But the ball still comes out effortlessly, and it's a lot of fun to run routes with him."

Bradford's health (he's coming off back-to-back torn ACLs) will play a significant factor in just how successful the Eagles' offense will be in head coach Chip Kelly's third season and first after dealing away Foles in exchange for the former top overall draft pick.

Likewise, Ertz' continued development could make or break the output of a young wide receiving corps that includes rookie Nelson Agholor and second-year pass catchers Jordan Matthews and Josh Huff.

In his career, Ertz has hauled in 94 catches for 1,171 yards and seven touchdowns through his first two seasons.

He says that he has even higher aspirations for the 2015 season after two years in Chip Kelly's high-octane offense.

"I think my knowledge of blocking has grown throughout the offseason, where to put your hands, the aspects of leverage, using hips each and every play," he said.

"From that aspect I think I've grown a lot. Obviously it's not going to be able to show on the field until I'm against other guys on defense in the offseason, at the end of training camp and into the season. But I think my knowledge of blocking as a whole I think has definitely improved."

Long Ball Larry said:
Insein said:
Long Ball Larry said:
Bankerguy said:
http://t.co/f6pCB8bQrZ

Collins to meet with Dallas first :)

Ross DellengerVerified account ‏@DellengerAdv 6m6 minutes ago

More news: Former #LSU OL La'el Collins has meeting planned with #Cowboys, is not father of shooting victim's son

http://twitter.com/TheJordanRoss/status/596155825002979328/photo/1

Also, Gregory and Collins share the same agent.
Why did you post this in here?
You know why.
Yeah I know, although I really don't want to take a shot at Bankerguy, as he's always seemed pretty grounded, and I know that there was a little Collins talk in here.

Just struck me as odd that Cowboys fans come in here sometimes claiming that Eagles' fans are obsessed with him, yet here is a piece of Cowboys news placed here unsolicited for seemingly no great reason.
There was no malice, saw you guys chatting about Collins and shared up to the minute news at the time I posted. Was just sharing info. I do not talk smack in other teams threads and appreciate the same in our team thread. I also knew the chances of him leaving without a deal were small. Apologies if you took offense, not my intention.

Insein said:
Bigboy10182000 said:
Deamon said:
Bankerguy said:

More news: Former #LSU OL La'el Collins has meeting planned with #Cowboys, is not father of shooting victim's son

####. You've got to be kidding me. If Dallas gets Gregory, and then 2 guys that we want (jones and collins) I'm going to be livid. Would be 3 top 20 guys for them this year. Hopefully we at least get him in for a visit.
Where would he play on the great Dallas OL? Didn't they just pick a guy pretty early as well?
Exactly. He'd be depth there. If he wants to play, Dallas ain't it.
@RapSheet: The #Cowboys are signing #LSU OL LaEl Collins, source said.
:lmao: Why? He wouldn't even start on that line? Whatever. Great for them. Sucks for us.
He is a clear upgrade at LG and a future RT when we cut Free. Cox abused Leary last year.

Insein said:
Bigboy10182000 said:
Deamon said:
Bankerguy said:

####. You've got to be kidding me. If Dallas gets Gregory, and then 2 guys that we want (jones and collins) I'm going to be livid. Would be 3 top 20 guys for them this year. Hopefully we at least get him in for a visit.
Where would he play on the great Dallas OL? Didn't they just pick a guy pretty early as well?
:lmao: Why? He wouldn't even start on that line? Whatever. Great for them. Sucks for us.
He is a clear upgrade at LG and a future RT when we cut Free. Cox abused Leary last year.
His name is an upgrade, nothing more at this point.

Let's be real, he was a legit top 15 pick, no way he's not an upgrade.
I beg to differ. I thought he was overrated and would have been really upset if the Eagles drafted him in the first(off field issues aside) but still a damn good UDFA signing. This was a very shallow OL class.

I beg to differ. I thought he was overrated and would have been really upset if the Eagles drafted him in the first(off field issues aside) but still a damn good UDFA signing. This was a very shallow OL class.
He was legit a top 30 pick then. Massive signing. Cowboys got big steals in the 1st, 2nd, and with him. Unfortunately they seem to be set for the short and long term. Gonna be a tough few years battling it out with them. Maybe it will all blow up in their face though with the other head cases they signed.

He was legit a top 30 pick then. Massive signing. Cowboys got big steals in the 1st, 2nd, and with him. Unfortunately they seem to be set for the short and long term. Gonna be a tough few years battling it out with them. Maybe it will all blow up in their face though with the other head cases they signed.
You wanna crown them then crown them lol

Every year there's a team that "killed" the draft and in a few years it's never that team. It wouldn't be shocking to see their undrafted rookie be their best one.

Insein said:
Bigboy10182000 said:
Deamon said:
Bankerguy said:

I'd have thought he'd be fighting for Leary's spot? Or was Leary the guy that replaced Free during the season? I know Free wasn't very good.

Every year there's a team that "killed" the draft and in a few years it's never that team. It wouldn't be shocking to see their undrafted rookie be their best one.
I remember a few years back everybody killed Pete Carrol for the draft class that had Richard Sherman, Cam Chancelor, and few other Pro Bowlers. Look how that turned out.

With that said I sadly do think the Cowboys got some highly talented players, headcases?.....possibly, but highly talented

May be a silly question, but does Chip the "GM" deal with all the contracts and contract details and cap management too?

May be a silly question, but does Chip the "GM" deal with all the contracts and contract details and cap management too?
No, that's all Howie
I thought he did it but figured Chip may have a hand in that too. Obviously not his specialty, but seems the two would have to work together pretty closely when it came to acquiring new players, and say if Chip wants Cox going forward but only at a certain price, etc. Howie has been really great at that stuff just seems like that would be an important part of being in charge of personnel too.

No, that's all Howie
I thought he did it but figured Chip may have a hand in that too. Obviously not his specialty, but seems the two would have to work together pretty closely when it came to acquiring new players, and say if Chip wants Cox going forward but only at a certain price, etc. Howie has been really great at that stuff just seems like that would be an important part of being in charge of personnel too.
Chip probably says "Hey numbers geek! Can we get this guy?", then Howie sighs and says "Yes" or "No". That is probably the extent of interaction that goes on between those two.

No, that's all Howie
Chip probably says "Hey numbers geek! Can we get this guy?", then Howie sighs and says "Yes" or "No". That is probably the extent of interaction that goes on between those two.
Is that before or after the wet Willie?

CentralPA said:

I'd have thought he'd be fighting for Leary's spot? Or was Leary the guy that replaced Free during the season? I know Free wasn't very good.
No that was Parnell. He signed a huge contract with TB. Free has nagging foot injuries that will likely mean this is his last year as a Cowboy....all imo.

I see Collins easily beating out Leary. Collins to me...looks like former Cowboy Erik Williams.

Cowboys draft sucked after round 1

Gregory sucks? I agree his off field issues... and heck, he may even be overrated (undersized) and not worthy of the top 10 people say. But even with both those issues, you can't say he "sucked" as a late 2nd round pick.

After watching the Dallas presser for Collins, I'd be shocked if he had actually signed anywhere else. He made it seem like Jerry absolutely saved his life. Don't think Chip would have bent over and handed an UDFA the keys to the city like Dallas seemed to do. Makes me slightly less upset about it. Only slightly though.

You wanna crown them then crown them lolEvery year there's a team that "killed" the draft and in a few years it's never that team. It wouldn't be shocking to see their undrafted rookie be their best one.
Gregory sucks? I agree his off field issues... and heck, he may even be overrated (undersized) and not worthy of the top 10 people say. But even with both those issues, you can't say he "sucked" as a late 2nd round pick.
Those are big issues projecting him to this level. Reports of him playing at 220 is fine in college, but won't cut it vs NFL size blockers. He'll be Barkevious Mingo, or Dion Jordan - ton of athleticism "on paper" but teams can't figure out how to use them still. He didn't get drafted as high as those guys so perhaps he gets the needed 2-3 years to develope before the quick bust label is attached, but no way he's a ready now. It wasn't a horrible move, and could be considered value knowing he was in people's top-10 or 30(#68 for me considering all his issues and admitted drug habit). I just didn't get the risk for a team headed in the right direction. No, it didn't 'suck' for the price, but I don't think this ends well. After Byron Jones, I didn't understand any of the selections they made.

You wanna crown them then crown them lolEvery year there's a team that "killed" the draft and in a few years it's never that team. It wouldn't be shocking to see their undrafted rookie be their best one.
Those are big issues projecting him to this level. Reports of him playing at 220 is fine in college, but won't cut it vs NFL size blockers. He'll be Barkevious Mingo, or Dion Jordan - ton of athleticism "on paper" but teams can't figure out how to use them still. He didn't get drafted as high as those guys so perhaps he gets the needed 2-3 years to develope before the quick bust label is attached, but no way he's a ready now. It wasn't a horrible move, and could be considered value knowing he was in people's top-10 or 30(#68 for me considering all his issues and admitted drug habit). I just didn't get the risk for a team headed in the right direction. No, it didn't 'suck' for the price, but I don't think this ends well. After Byron Jones, I didn't understand any of the selections they made.
:lmao:

@MattLombardo975: The #Eagles and #Ravens will hold joint practices at Novacare this summer ahead of the preseason game between the teams.

hm, Ed Reynolds is still on the 90-man. I thought he had been cut outright.
Didinger claimed a few minutes ago that Reynolds could get a look for the starting safety job.
Whoever gets this job, whether it's Reynolds, Wolff, Biggers or one of the other guys should be in a much better position in terms of talent around them and scheme expectations than Nate Allen or anybody else has been over the last 5 years or so. Hopefully that makes it a much easier job to not suck at.

I may have some type of mental illness... or simply too much time on my hands.

Nearly every offseason I fall into the same trap - I fall in love with the UDFA class. I eagerly await news of post-draft signings, monitoring multiple sources for updates. Then I scour the internet for information about these fringe prospects, hoping to find evidence that we have possibly fleeced the entire league and unearthed a true diamond in the rough. Armed with combine results and player profiles (if I can find them), I then add them to the mix with the Eagles' actual draft picks and begin speculating about who has a chance to upset the depth chart. When training camp rolls around, these longshots are inevitably some of the players I follow most closely, hoping that my hasty appraisal will be validated by their on-field performance. Along the way, I occasionally remind myself that every member of the UDFA class was passed over nearly 300 times during the draft, so how good could they really be? But these doses of logic are fleeting, as it's much more fun to savor the possibility that we have found a hidden gem. Anyone else with similar symptoms?

This year is no exception. I fully expect one or more of the OL prospects to stick, and I would not be surprised if one of the D-Linemen does too. Clearly Chip is potentially interested in a pure blocking TE, as they've signed a few promising candidates. And I'm especially intrigued by the three WRs, all of whom boast impressive measurables. Seyi Ajirotutu is officially on notice.

I may have some type of mental illness... or simply too much time on my hands.

Nearly every offseason I fall into the same trap - I fall in love with the UDFA class. I eagerly await news of post-draft signings, monitoring multiple sources for updates. Then I scour the internet for information about these fringe prospects, hoping to find evidence that we have possibly fleeced the entire league and unearthed a true diamond in the rough. Armed with combine results and player profiles (if I can find them), I then add them to the mix with the Eagles' actual draft picks and begin speculating about who has a chance to upset the depth chart. When training camp rolls around, these longshots are inevitably some of the players I follow most closely, hoping that my hasty appraisal will be validated by their on-field performance. Along the way, I occasionally remind myself that every member of the UDFA class was passed over nearly 300 times during the draft, so how good could they really be? But these doses of logic are fleeting, as it's much more fun to savor the possibility that we have found a hidden gem. Anyone else with similar symptoms?

This year is no exception. I fully expect one or more of the OL prospects to stick, and I would not be surprised if one of the D-Linemen does too. Clearly Chip is potentially interested in a pure blocking TE, as they've signed a few promising candidates. And I'm especially intrigued by the three WRs, all of whom boast impressive measurables. Seyi Ajirotutu is officially on notice.
That got me excited to read your next paragraph of who you found could be a hidden gem after researching them all... but then you just said everyone and I was let down. Give us some more info!

Agree that one of these OL guys has a chance, but there's much tougher competition on the DL. On the TEs I've been thinking the same thing. Celek has caught a couple of passes a game and blocked like a champ the last two years. It is time to start looking at a guy who can take over that job soon and I think Ertz is better value being moved around.

The WR group is interesting, no clear cut #1 but about 5 #3s. Riley Cooper's $3m guaranteed will probably save him this year but it's not completely out of the question he could be beaten out if he plays like he did last year.

Ash said:
Donny Loved Bowling said:
Agree that one of these OL guys has a chance, but there's much tougher competition on the DL. On the TEs I've been thinking the same thing. Celek has caught a couple of passes a game and blocked like a champ the last two years. It is time to start looking at a guy who can take over that job soon and I think Ertz is better value being moved around.

The WR group is interesting, no clear cut #1 but about 5 #3s. Riley Cooper's $3m guaranteed will probably save him this year but it's not completely out of the question he could be beaten out if he plays like he did last year.
Lmao

But other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

I assumed there was a reason that he was cut, just grasping at straws at this point.
He was pretty underwhelming. Granted, Eagles need help at that position but the Eagles haven't called so that pretty much tells you what they think about him.

Mayock had him as the best OT in the class (grading Scherff as a G).

I think he was consensus in the teens or twenties, maybe with an average of about 15-20?

He allowed zero sacks and hits and only four pressures in 2014 (how much better would he need to do to not be "overrated"?), PFF or their college division rated him as the top (or tied?) pass blocker in the draft. He is also a nasty, physical, intimidating run blocker (check the three pancake block play on Instagram*).

* https://vine.co/#/v/hpm6dQH1mw6

Users who are viewing this thread