What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2015 Philadelphia Eagles* - Winning when it doesnt count (2 Viewers)

Let's be real, he was a legit top 15 pick, no way he's not an upgrade.
I beg to differ. I thought he was overrated and would have been really upset if the Eagles drafted him in the first(off field issues aside) but still a damn good UDFA signing. This was a very shallow OL class.
Mayock had him as the best OT in the class (grading Scherff as a G).

I think he was consensus in the teens or twenties, maybe with an average of about 15-20?

He allowed zero sacks and hits and only four pressures in 2014 (how much better would he need to do to not be "overrated"?), PFF or their college division rated him as the top (or tied?) pass blocker in the draft. He is also a nasty, physical, intimidating run blocker (check the three pancake block play on Instagram*).

* https://vine.co/#/v/hpm6dQH1mw6
Yeah the only knock I read on him was that he ends up on the ground on like 75% of his plays and Im not really sure what that means :shrug:

Haven't heard that, but seems like he would have given up more than 0 sacks and hits and 4 pressures if true?

Baldy (PTTD) also called him his favorite OL in the draft, and specifically highlighted his ability to get to the second level and stick with his blocks, a description that on the face of it, sounds pretty much antithetical to being on the ground a lot? :)

Haven't heard that, but seems like he would have given up more than 0 sacks and hits and 4 pressures if true?

Baldy (PTTD) also called him his favorite OL in the draft, and specifically highlighted his ability to get to the second level and stick with his blocks, a description that on the face of it, sounds pretty much antithetical to being on the ground a lot? :)
@dpbrugler: Have to admire #LSU LT La'el Collins for selling out on each snap. But he ends up on the ground 75% of the time, constantly off-balanceFWIW that was from October and I don't think he was being literal.

Last edited by a moderator:

ya he's obviously good. No way to spin it that it wasn't a home run pick. Nothing we can do now though.

I'm assuming Chip will address it next year when it's really an issue, and probably take 2 OL in the first 3 rounds.

Hoping Watkins works out at safety. I think they prefer Rowe at CB, although they'll probably move him to safety if he struggles.

Deamon said:
Let's hope Brady's suspension is dropped to 3 games.
Why??? Lol ;)
You just had to post didn't you. You clearly know why.

Almost fell for your whole "I wasn't trying to rub it in Eagles fans faces" post the other day. Go to your own thread already.
Don't bang on Bankerguy. He's one of the few decent Cowboy fans on this board. He has a good sense of humor and is not a troll. And I hope all the talented but Character-flawed new Cowboys melt down, and they go 4-12 this year. Just like he hopes all the talented but injury prone new Eagles all remain injury prone and the Eagles go 4-12 this year.

Deamon said:
Why??? Lol ;)

Almost fell for your whole "I wasn't trying to rub it in Eagles fans faces" post the other day. Go to your own thread already.
Don't bang on Bankerguy. He's one of the few decent Cowboy fans on this board. He has a good sense of humor and is not a troll. And I hope all the talented but Character-flawed new Cowboys melt down, and they go 4-12 this year. Just like he hopes all the talented but injury prone new Eagles all remain injury prone and the Eagles go 4-12 this year.
Was, yes. His last couple posts prove otherwise. As was pointed out by others too.

Deamon said:
Why??? Lol ;)

Was, yes. His last couple posts prove otherwise. As was pointed out by others too.
Not trying to start an argument but I don't see what was so trollish about what he posted?

Deamon said:
Why??? Lol ;)
You just had to post didn't you. You clearly know why.Almost fell for your whole "I wasn't trying to rub it in Eagles fans faces" post the other day. Go to your own thread already.
That's not true. Cowboyz1 is the only obnoxious turd that I know of.

@caplannfl: Former #Bears associate director of pro personnel Dwayne Joseph is expected to join #Eagles as director of pro personnel, source said.

@caplannfl: Bears tried hard to keep him, but he chose to seek a better opportunity elsewhere.

@caplannfl: Joseph and Eagles VP of player personnel Ed Marynowitz worked with the #Dolphins together for one season (in 2007).

Deamon said:
Why??? Lol ;)
You just had to post didn't you. You clearly know why.Almost fell for your whole "I wasn't trying to rub it in Eagles fans faces" post the other day. Go to your own thread already.
It's hard to see the forest through the trees.

And I kind of like Cowboyz1. His Schtick is so over the top that it's funny.

Deamon said:
Why??? Lol ;)

Not trying to start an argument but I don't see what was so trollish about what he posted?
When you post something just for a reaction, or to rub something in someone's faces, that's what that is. If we had been the first to host Collins, would any of us go to a cowboys thread, and post "His first meeting is with the eagles (big smiley face)".

When someone posts that they hope bradys ban is dropped a game, obviously implying its so our division rivals won't get a free win that week, what is the point of coming into your opponents team thread to put "Why???? Lol ;) ". He knows why, and it's not adding anything to the conversation whatsoever besides trying to get under eagles fans skin. Again, would any of you go to a cowboys thread and make that comment just to rile them up or rub it in? Probably not.

If a cowboys fan comes here to discuss, ask, talk about things, that is one thing. But yes his last two posts with smiles and winks were jabs, added nothing to discussion, and were sarcastic questions. It's like we can't mention anything about our rivals in this thread, without him having to jump in and say something snarky about it. He can do what he wants, but yes, it's trollish and pointless.

Deamon said:
Why??? Lol ;)
It's hard to see the forest through the trees.

And I kind of like Cowboyz1. His Schtick is so over the top that it's funny.
haha except it actually isn't schtick.

Deamon said:
Bob Magaw said:

ya he's obviously good. No way to spin it that it wasn't a home run pick. Nothing we can do now though.

I'm assuming Chip will address it next year when it's really an issue, and probably take 2 OL in the first 3 rounds.
i like that Chip is willing to take chances, but i am a little worried about his approach to avoiding all players with possible character issues. not spending a late pick on a guy like Collins is something i can't understand. low risk, high reward and would have been great value at a relatively cheap contract for a few years. i heard today on sports radio (i.e. there is likely no factual information with this) that Jerry promised Collins LT spot next year when they let Free walk, and that is why Collins signed there because what he really wanted is a chance to start at LT. Chip couldn't promise that with Peters still here

My hope is he wants to build the expectation and the personality of the team on all strong character guys so he can bring in guys with character concerns in 2 years or so when the locker room will be established with a few leaders.

Deamon said:
CentralPA said:
Deamon said:
Why??? Lol ;)
When you post something just for a reaction, or to rub something in someone's faces, that's what that is. If we had been the first to host Collins, would any of us go to a cowboys thread, and post "His first meeting is with the eagles (big smiley face)". When someone posts that they hope bradys ban is dropped a game, obviously implying its so our division rivals won't get a free win that week, what is the point of coming into your opponents team thread to put "Why???? Lol ;) ". He knows why, and it's not adding anything to the conversation whatsoever besides trying to get under eagles fans skin. Again, would any of you go to a cowboys thread and make that comment just to rile them up or rub it in? Probably not.

If a cowboys fan comes here to discuss, ask, talk about things, that is one thing. But yes his last two posts with smiles and winks were jabs, added nothing to discussion, and were sarcastic questions. It's like we can't mention anything about our rivals in this thread, without him having to jump in and say something snarky about it. He can do what he wants, but yes, it's trollish and pointless.
Do you really believe his "Brady ban" comment was a jab? That seemed like one of the most innocuous comments possible. :shrug:

Deamon said:
CentralPA said:
Deamon said:
Why??? Lol ;)
When you post something just for a reaction, or to rub something in someone's faces, that's what that is. If we had been the first to host Collins, would any of us go to a cowboys thread, and post "His first meeting is with the eagles (big smiley face)". When someone posts that they hope bradys ban is dropped a game, obviously implying its so our division rivals won't get a free win that week, what is the point of coming into your opponents team thread to put "Why???? Lol ;) ". He knows why, and it's not adding anything to the conversation whatsoever besides trying to get under eagles fans skin. Again, would any of you go to a cowboys thread and make that comment just to rile them up or rub it in? Probably not.

Do you really believe his "Brady ban" comment was a jab? That seemed like one of the most innocuous comments possible. :shrug:
I do, yes. Do you really think his question was valid and he was genuinely wondering why I hoped his ban was dropped a game?

Deamon said:
Bob Magaw said:

ya he's obviously good. No way to spin it that it wasn't a home run pick. Nothing we can do now though.I'm assuming Chip will address it next year when it's really an issue, and probably take 2 OL in the first 3 rounds.
i like that Chip is willing to take chances, but i am a little worried about his approach to avoiding all players with possible character issues. not spending a late pick on a guy like Collins is something i can't understand. low risk, high reward and would have been great value at a relatively cheap contract for a few years. i heard today on sports radio (i.e. there is likely no factual information with this) that Jerry promised Collins LT spot next year when they let Free walk, and that is why Collins signed there because what he really wanted is a chance to start at LT. Chip couldn't promise that with Peters still here

My hope is he wants to build the expectation and the personality of the team on all strong character guys so he can bring in guys with character concerns in 2 years or so when the locker room will be established with a few leaders.
I think I suggested something similar in the Collins thread.But Free is the RT (LT Tyron Smith top 10 pick '11, 24 years old, 2 X Pro Bowl and All-Pro in '14).

Deamon said:
Bob Magaw said:

ya he's obviously good. No way to spin it that it wasn't a home run pick. Nothing we can do now though.I'm assuming Chip will address it next year when it's really an issue, and probably take 2 OL in the first 3 rounds.

I think I suggested something similar in the Collins thread.

But Free is the RT (Tyron Smith Pro Bowl LT).
Ya, watching the presser ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66GPfWmfnhE) I don't think it was just a promise at starting at LT. Seems like there was quite the bondage between these guys, and Collins seemed hell bent on playing in Dallas, and Jones and Garrett seem to act like he is a godsend. No way it was ONLY about playing LT.

I don't know if this means anything, but yesterday single game tickets went on sale and I was able to get 6 pairs of tickets for 4 different games (pair for the Saints (plus a SRO), pair for the Dolphins, 2 pair for the Cardinals, 2 pair for Washington) just by going on at 10am and then checking back a few time throughout the day. Granted, all upper levels and I didn't even try for the Dallas, NYG or Bills games because I knew they would be the popular ones.

But then I saw this article.

Maybe just not enough people knew they went on sale yesterday :shrug:

I don't know if this means anything, but yesterday single game tickets went on sale and I was able to get 6 pairs of tickets for 4 different games (pair for the Saints (plus a SRO), pair for the Dolphins, 2 pair for the Cardinals, 2 pair for Washington) just by going on at 10am and then checking back a few time throughout the day. Granted, all upper levels and I didn't even try for the Dallas, NYG or Bills games because I knew they would be the popular ones.

But then I saw this article.

Maybe just not enough people knew they went on sale yesterday :shrug:
I knew that tickets went on sale yesterday but I just got so used to not being able to get tickets to any of the games I wanted to go to that I didn't even bother trying this year.

Deamon said:
CentralPA said:
Deamon said:
Why??? Lol ;)

When you post something just for a reaction, or to rub something in someone's faces, that's what that is. If we had been the first to host Collins, would any of us go to a cowboys thread, and post "His first meeting is with the eagles (big smiley face)".

When someone posts that they hope bradys ban is dropped a game, obviously implying its so our division rivals won't get a free win that week, what is the point of coming into your opponents team thread to put "Why???? Lol ;) ". He knows why, and it's not adding anything to the conversation whatsoever besides trying to get under eagles fans skin. Again, would any of you go to a cowboys thread and make that comment just to rile them up or rub it in? Probably not.

OK, I can see where you could perceive that. I think it's very light hearted trolling so I guess it's just isn't something that would get me riled up. I've seen much much worse on the Pool than this though.

Deamon said:
Why??? Lol ;)

I think you are being way too sensitive. But if that's how you feel, that's how you feel. He's a big boy and can defend his own comments, if he wants.

Deamon said:
CentralPA said:
Deamon said:
Why??? Lol ;)

I do, yes. Do you really think his question was valid and he was genuinely wondering why I hoped his ban was dropped a game?
No of course his question wasn't valid. He was trying to be funny. It certainly wasn't a jab at Eagles fans. I do agree that his other post could be taken as a jab. Anyways -- it's not important so I'll stop............

Deamon said:
CentralPA said:
Deamon said:
Why??? Lol ;)

OK, I can see where you could perceive that. I think it's very light hearted trolling so I guess it's just isn't something that would get me riled up. I've seen much much worse on the Pool than this though.
I agree there is much worse on here. I'm not super riled up, just think those comments aren't fully just to start a good conversation, or adding something to the discussion. Which I don't think you should be running to your rival teams thread to post unless they are.

Anyways, like others have said, this has dragged on too long and let's just move on to eagles talk.

Deamon said:
Why??? Lol ;)

I think you are being way too sensitive. But if that's how you feel, that's how you feel. He's a big boy and can defend his own comments, if he wants.
Yes, my oh my goodness. Really???

I do know and like a few of the Eagles guys and have joked a bit before. I usually post during offeseason, Dallas/Philly week and when there is news relative to both teams or if I feel I can add insight when you guys discuss the Cowboys like where I shared that Collins was not likely to replace Free, but instead Leary at LG.

Look, I get it. I am a Cowboys, as rivals our teams don't like each other and the same for some fans. However, for me, I don't feel the need to instantly hate an Eagle fan just because of their team. I just personally don't feel the need to look for trouble or start some stupid internet shouting match. It's ridiculous. We have a few eagle regulars in the Cowboys threads too and I appreciate their different points of view as long as it is respectful and doesn't get personal. Heck, I even welcome the outside view as some of my breathern are short sighted sometimes.

I didn't think my post was off side. You (Deamons) have obviously taken a dislike to me, or the fact I like a blue and silver team or you are assuming I have an agenda by being here, which I don't. I re-looked at what i posted and I don't see the big deal, maybe you should put me on ignore then..... :shrug: I am not leaving, but I certainly will try to montior sarcasm.

How about some Football talk huh?

1) I think the Giants had a great draft and could make some noise, do you guys seeing them challenging our two teams for the East?

and

2) How many wins are guys projecting for yourselves this year?

Deamon said:
Why??? Lol ;)

I do know and like a few of the Eagles guys and have joked a bit before. I usually post during offeseason, Dallas/Philly week and when there is news relative to both teams or if I feel I can add insight when you guys discuss the Cowboys like where I shared that Collins was not likely to replace Free, but instead Leary at LG.

Look, I get it. I am a Cowboys, as rivals our teams don't like each other and the same for some fans. However, for me, I don't feel the need to instantly hate an Eagle fan just because of their team. I just personally don't feel the need to look for trouble or start some stupid internet shouting match. It's ridiculous. We have a few eagle regulars in the Cowboys threads too and I appreciate their different points of view as long as it is respectful and doesn't get personal. Heck, I even welcome the outside view as some of my breathern are short sighted sometimes.

I didn't think my post was off side. You (Deamons) have obviously taken a dislike to me, or the fact I like a blue and silver team or you are assuming I have an agenda by being here, which I don't. I re-looked at what i posted and I don't see the big deal, maybe you should put me on ignore then..... :shrug: I am not leaving, but I certainly will try to montior sarcasm.

1) I think the Giants had a great draft and could make some noise, do you guys seeing them challenging our two teams for the East?

and

The Giants are such an anomaly with Coughlin and Eli. Other than those 2 runs in the playoffs to win super bowls they really haven't been that great under Coughlin. But you can't dismiss those Super Bowl runs. If their Oline is improved they should be in most games with a guy like Beckham. I think they should be around .500 and if things break their way they could get into the playoffs as a wildcard. Then look out.

As for the Eagles, so much will depend on their health. I really do think if Bradford plays a whole season that he will be sensational in this offense. Murray/Matthews/Sproles should give the Eagles a great run game to open up things for the young receivers. The defense should be solid with the FA additions as well as Alonso.

Eagles stay healthy (especially Bradford): 13-3

Bradford gets hurt: 8-8 to 10-6.

Deamon said:
Bob Magaw said:

I think I suggested something similar in the Collins thread.

But Free is the RT (Tyron Smith Pro Bowl LT).
Ya, watching the presser ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66GPfWmfnhE) I don't think it was just a promise at starting at LT. Seems like there was quite the bondage between these guys, and Collins seemed hell bent on playing in Dallas, and Jones and Garrett seem to act like he is a godsend. No way it was ONLY about playing LT.
Could have been a deal breaker, hard to say, as we don't know what was or wasn't promised. All we know is he said he preferred to play OT. And it would be RT (Free), not LT (Tyron Smith).

Deamon said:
Why??? Lol ;)

and

What insight were you adding with the smiley face when mentioning collins' visit? Or the sarcastic question/jab when you clearly knew why I made the post but felt the need to chime in without adding ANY insight to the conversation? What insight was that?

I don't hate you because you're a cowboys fan. I don't hate you... I made a post that challenged you coming into an eagles forum to making a couple unnecessary jabs that appeared (to others who called you out as well) to be rubbing things in. Your comments on what position Collins may play is fine, though may better be suited for your own thread. Your winks and smiles and "haha you don't want brady to play against us", "haha he's coming to us first" were not adding anything. Anyways, time to move on, we clearly won't agree but it's just a forum it's not the end of the world.

EDIT:

1. Don't see the Giants pushing for the div... but perhaps an outside shot at a wild card spot.

Dallas 11-5 (12-4 if Brady's suspension is upheld)

Philly 11-5

NYG 8-8

Wash 4-12

Deamon said:
Why??? Lol ;)

and

What insight were you adding with the smiley face when mentioning collins' visit? Or the sarcastic question/jab when you clearly knew why I made the post but felt the need to chime in without adding ANY insight to the conversation? What insight was that?

I don't hate you because you're a cowboys fan. I don't hate you... I made a post that challenged you coming into an eagles forum to making a couple unnecessary jabs that appeared (to others who called you out as well) to be rubbing things in. Your comments on what position Collins may play is fine, though may better be suited for your own thread. Your winks and smiles and "haha you don't want brady to play against us", "haha he's coming to us first" were not adding anything. Anyways, time to move on, we clearly won't agree but it's just a forum it's not the end of the world.

EDIT:

1. Don't see the Giants pushing for the div... but perhaps an outside shot at a wild card spot.

Philly 11-5

NYG 8-8

Wash 4-12
I'm curious to see how the Dallas running game does. It was the reason that they were so good last year. I'm not sure they can plug and play anyone back there. If they swing a deal for ADP, I think they'll win the division again. If they have to rely on McFadden, they will come back to the pack.

Deamon said:
Why??? Lol ;)

and

EDIT:

Philly 11-5

NYG 8-8

Wash 4-12
I'm curious to see how the Dallas running game does. It was the reason that they were so good last year. I'm not sure they can plug and play anyone back there. If they swing a deal for ADP, I think they'll win the division again. If they have to rely on McFadden, they will come back to the pack.
Michael Irvin seems to agree with you. I do think the line will help them have a good running game but losing Murray still will show a weaker running game over all from last year.

As far as the Giants go I have no clue what to expect. It all comes down to if the line can protect Eli enough, he was hit around pretty good last year. They've got good offensive weapons and probably a top 5 wideout super star in Beckham Jr. I can see them going anywhere from being contenders to the division to the basement.

But Barwin thinks that fans will see a whole new Marcus Smith in 2015 literally.

"Physically, he looks different. He gained 15 pounds, he put on a lot of muscle," Barwin said. "He's one of the stronger guys on our defense now. He took the offseason and did what he needed to do, which was get bigger, stronger.

"Now we're just excited to see what happens when we put the pads on."

But Barwin thinks that fans will see a whole new Marcus Smith in 2015 literally.

"Physically, he looks different. He gained 15 pounds, he put on a lot of muscle," Barwin said. "He's one of the stronger guys on our defense now. He took the offseason and did what he needed to do, which was get bigger, stronger.

Nice, that's exciting. Tra must have really gotten to him. Let's hope this turns into a Brandon Graham story and not a Danny Watkins story.

Nice, that's exciting. Tra must have really gotten to him. Let's hope this turns into a Brandon Graham story and not a Danny Watkins story.
It's a step in the right direction and that's all you can ask for at this point. Barwin calling him one of the strongest on the D is nice to hear.

I think we all can agree that football is highly influenced by military thinking and I believe Chip (Navy Seals advisors, etc.) might take it to an even higher level. The Seals are not just physically gifted--they are also off the charts in brains, motivation and intangibles. This is a bit of a dramatic analogy but it's like he's assembling that perfect Spartan phalanx where if one soldier can't get his shield just right, the whole thing collapses. Think of the scene in the movie 300 with Lionidas and the hunchback.

Chip is trying to build his perfect phalanx and character and intelligence are just as vital as pure physical skill.

Anyway...maybe I should't watch so many movies...

It's a step in the right direction and that's all you can ask for at this point. Barwin calling him one of the strongest on the D is nice to hear.
Link to the whole article: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000492994/article/barwin-on-marcus-smith-physically-he-looks-different

Really like our LB corps - Barwin/Graham at OLB Alonso/Kendrick/Ryans at ILB is the best LB group we've had a long while IMO. Two good pass rushers, some excellent coverage guys, and playing behind a superb DLine helps.

Strong front 7 and here's hoping Smith becomes a contributor.

Maggot Brain said:
What was interesting about it? Guy got screwed out of ten million and his only compensation was he got to pick where he wants to play. Chip chose Philadelphia over Cleveland. I'm sure most players have preferences of where they want to play. I know I would. Problem with a draft is players have little to no choice.
Wow, now even the word 'interesting' causes grief?

Maggot Brain said:
What was interesting about it? Guy got screwed out of ten million and his only compensation was he got to pick where he wants to play. Chip chose Philadelphia over Cleveland. I'm sure most players have preferences of where they want to play. I know I would. Problem with a draft is players have little to no choice.
Wow, now even the word 'interesting' causes grief?
:lmao: the off-season is looooooong

Maggot Brain said:
That's not a problem. That's what's keeping the NFL from being the NBA.

Users who are viewing this thread