What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2015 Philadelphia Eagles* - Winning when it doesnt count (5 Viewers)

Shane Falco said:
Late225 said:
How about some draft talk to liven up this thread?

In the Shark Pool Mock Draft, JetMaxx has us taking Vic Beasley in the first and Cody Prewitt in the 2nd.

The only safeties in this draft I like for us is Eric Rowe (Utah) and Kurtis Drummond(MSU). I think Drummond is mocking in the 2nd and Rowe is mocking in the fourth. Like Landon Collins, Prewitt is more of a hitter and has limited coverage ability. I think we try and double up on the Jenkins skillset with guys who can cover and have a history of man-to-man abilities and can cover the Tight End in the slot. It's a reason I really like McCourty (if he makes it to free agency) and Drummond/Rowe.

At OLB, I don't think we take one in the first round in this draft, but if we do, I think we look at Bud Dupree. He's a graduating senior that grades out really high at a culture level. At OLB, we want to double up on the Barwin skillset and coverage is a huge need that's lacking on the Graham/Cole side. Beasley has elite athleticism and snap off the ball, but he's not someone that I think will excel in coverage and I haven't seen him play in space. Dupree lined up against wide receivers at times. He's played end, outside linebacker, and plays really well in space and can cover. If we don't sign someone like Justin Houston, Jason Worilds, or Brooks Reed in free agency, I wouldn't be surprised if Bud Dupree was someone we targeted.

I'm also a big fan of picking Eric Kendricks if he's on the board at 20. Not a big fan of McKinney, doesn't look too great in space. Perryman could be really good, but I think he's too short for this regime that cares deeply about measurables.

La'el Collins is another guy that I think we should take if he falls (he didn't fall in the mock draft).

I'm also a fan of the LSU corner, Jalen Collins. He was mocking in the 2nd/3rd for a while, but now he's going in the late first in a lot of mocks. He is the guy at LSU practices that was supposedly, the only person who could lock Odell Beckahm down.
If that's true than he's the guy I want in the first.
Yea that seems to be a pressing need going forward.

A somewhat tongue-in-cheek analysis to the Eagles using their 1st rounder on Brett Hundley.

http://igglesblitz.com/2015/02/brett-hundley-yes/
It looks like Bryce Petty is Mayock's 3rd QB now. If we are serious about a QB Im beginning to think he's the one. He could sit behind Foles for a year or so and seems to have a lot of the intangibles needed to be a good starting QB. Including the mobility everyones craves.

Shane Falco said:
Late225 said:
How about some draft talk to liven up this thread?

In the Shark Pool Mock Draft, JetMaxx has us taking Vic Beasley in the first and Cody Prewitt in the 2nd.

The only safeties in this draft I like for us is Eric Rowe (Utah) and Kurtis Drummond(MSU). I think Drummond is mocking in the 2nd and Rowe is mocking in the fourth. Like Landon Collins, Prewitt is more of a hitter and has limited coverage ability. I think we try and double up on the Jenkins skillset with guys who can cover and have a history of man-to-man abilities and can cover the Tight End in the slot. It's a reason I really like McCourty (if he makes it to free agency) and Drummond/Rowe.

At OLB, I don't think we take one in the first round in this draft, but if we do, I think we look at Bud Dupree. He's a graduating senior that grades out really high at a culture level. At OLB, we want to double up on the Barwin skillset and coverage is a huge need that's lacking on the Graham/Cole side. Beasley has elite athleticism and snap off the ball, but he's not someone that I think will excel in coverage and I haven't seen him play in space. Dupree lined up against wide receivers at times. He's played end, outside linebacker, and plays really well in space and can cover. If we don't sign someone like Justin Houston, Jason Worilds, or Brooks Reed in free agency, I wouldn't be surprised if Bud Dupree was someone we targeted.

I'm also a big fan of picking Eric Kendricks if he's on the board at 20. Not a big fan of McKinney, doesn't look too great in space. Perryman could be really good, but I think he's too short for this regime that cares deeply about measurables.

La'el Collins is another guy that I think we should take if he falls (he didn't fall in the mock draft).

I'm also a fan of the LSU corner, Jalen Collins. He was mocking in the 2nd/3rd for a while, but now he's going in the late first in a lot of mocks. He is the guy at LSU practices that was supposedly, the only person who could lock Odell Beckahm down.
If that's true than he's the guy I want in the first.
Yea that seems to be a pressing need going forward.
Logically they need to at the very least look into what a guy like Revis would want and than draft 2 more CB's IMO

Ran the FanSpeak Mock Draft Sim for poops and giggles, here's who I picked. What do you guys think? Don't quit my day job or fire Maryowitz and sign me up?

20: R1P20
OLB VIC BEASLEY
CLEMSON
52: R2P20
WR DORIAL GREEN-BECKHAM
MISSOURI
84: R3P20
RB TODD GURLEY
GEORGIA
110: R4P14
CB KEVIN WHITE
TCU
116: R4P20
CB KEVIN JOHNSON
WAKE FOREST
148: R5P20
S JORDAN RICHARDS
STANFORD
180: R6P20
OT TYRUS THOMPSON
OKLAHOMA
212: R7P20
QB CODY FAJARDO
NEVADA

Last edited by a moderator:
Did the GM thing too

SIGNED PLAYERS
Name Position Cap Hit Jeremy Maclin WR 6,600,000 Brandon Graham OLB 3,500,000 Devin McCourty S 5,100,000 Byron Maxwell CB 5,250,000 CUT
Name Position Cary Williams CB Chris Prosinski S Jerome Couplin CB RESTRUCTURED
Name Position Trent Cole OLB DeMeco Ryans ILB

Ran the FanSpeak Mock Draft Sim for poops and giggles, here's who I picked. What do you guys think? Don't quit my day job or fire Maryowitz and sign me up?

OLB VIC BEASLEY
CLEMSON
WR DORIAL GREEN-BECKHAM
MISSOURI
RB TODD GURLEY
GEORGIA
CB KEVIN WHITE
TCU
CB KEVIN JOHNSON
WAKE FOREST
S JORDAN RICHARDS
STANFORD
OT TYRUS THOMPSON
OKLAHOMA
QB CODY FAJARDO
NEVADA
Don't love it. Don't think we can go RB in the 3rd with so many holes on D. Shady, Sproles, Polk is plenty good enough for the next couple years, and waiting until round 4 or 5 for a DB is rough. I see that you're trying to go hard on the DBs for those rounds, but really how much of an impact is a 4th/5th round CB going to have on our team? Think we need to have a DB in the first three rounds.

If Gurley find himself there in the 3rd we (or many teams) would be crazy not to take him. Assuming he checks out medically.

Bigboy10182000 said:
If Gurley find himself there in the 3rd we (or many teams) would be crazy not to take him. Assuming he checks out medically.
This. Wouldn't be looking for a RB, but if someone like Gurley was to be available at 3:20, you'd have to strongly consider him.

Any chance the Eagles take a late chance on Southeast Louisiana Qb Bryan Bennett who transferred from Oregon after Mariota beat him out?

He supposedly had a nice Senior Bowl

Any chance the Eagles take a late chance on Southeast Louisiana Qb Bryan Bennett who transferred from Oregon after Mariota beat him out?

Might be a guy they wait to see if they can get him after the draft as a UDFA.

Might be a guy they wait to see if they can get him after the draft as a UDFA.
I like him 6th round or later. Has a lot of question marks, but would fit in nicer here than anywhere else.

I just think it's funny how Kelly's system has gone from "QB-friendly" to "Mariota being the only guy who can run it to perfection"

I just think it's funny how Kelly's system has gone from "QB-friendly" to "Mariota being the only guy who can run it to perfection"
Yeah after Sanchez's first game or two, it was, "Chip's system is plu and play. He can be successful with anyone." We were hearing this would revolutionize the league by saving huge money on QBs.

And now here we are it's basically Armageddon unless we get Mariota. Jeez...

OLB VIC BEASLEY
CLEMSON
WR DORIAL GREEN-BECKHAM
MISSOURI
RB TODD GURLEY
GEORGIA
CB KEVIN WHITE
TCU
CB KEVIN JOHNSON
WAKE FOREST
S JORDAN RICHARDS
STANFORD
OT TYRUS THOMPSON
OKLAHOMA
QB CODY FAJARDO
NEVADA
Don't love it. Don't think we can go RB in the 3rd with so many holes on D. Shady, Sproles, Polk is plenty good enough for the next couple years, and waiting until round 4 or 5 for a DB is rough. I see that you're trying to go hard on the DBs for those rounds, but really how much of an impact is a 4th/5th round CB going to have on our team? Think we need to have a DB in the first three rounds.
Trea Waynes, Marcus peters, Landon Collins, La'El Collins, mainly all the guys we'd love to get were gone at that pick. I went BPA at this point in time. Beasley could jump right in as Predator and would be a beast. I didn't love getting two corners and a safety in rounds 4 and 5 but I just went BPA which I assume Kelly will probably do. Samething with Gurley. I know they're set with Shady, Sproles, and Polk but Gurley could be a potential beast.

Birds 24/7 and Iggles Blitz is pretty much all I regularly read. It's sad when bloggers are better than networks and newspapers.

If the phillies (and the other teams) didn't suck so freakin' bad, we wouldn't have to endure this much. I can't take it anymore from the radio but even many of the newspaper reporters are jumping on the "Mariota or bust bandwagon."

Who here does not agree that had it not been for the worst secondary in football, this team is in the playoffs? How deep? I don't know. But the last time Foles was in a playoff game, he left the field with the lead. For about the millionth time: no I don't think he's the 27-2 guy but I doubt he was the guy from last year either. This offense was doing enough with evn Sanchez for the most part. If the team trades Foles and multiple ones and twos to get the next Alex Smith, I'll have a stroke.

Nick Foles in 28 games 46 TDs, 17 ints, 6753 yds for 61.6%. Not seeing how he's the problem other than he's been injured a lot. That's more on the oline and luck though. Stafford was hurt the first 3 years of his career also but now he's a perrenial 4500 yd guy.

Nick Foles in 28 games 46 TDs, 17 ints, 6753 yds for 61.6%. Not seeing how he's the problem other than he's been injured a lot. That's more on the oline and luck though. Stafford was hurt the first 3 years of his career also but now he's a perrenial 4500 yd guy.
Not only that, but Foles' injures are kinda flukey. We're not talking about multiple rotator cuff or knee issues. He's had a concussion, finger and what I believe was a much more damaged chest/shoulder that may have led to the collar bone break from the Baker hit, then we were told. I don't think he ever really got over that.

AND, his interceptions were almost always deep and more like a punt than the devastatingly careless ones Sanchez would uncork.

Did you watch him play last year?

Did you watch him play last year?
Yes I did. Behind a line that had 4 backups. When he also took a cheap shot in the 3rd game of the year and still gutted out a 6-2 record which would ha e been 7-1 if not for a Nate Allen mental lapse.

Users who are viewing this thread