What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

✦✦✦ Official 2015 Pittsburgh Steelers Thread &#10 (1 Viewer)

Tajh Boyd has been cut. I guess he must really look awful in practice because it is definitely not based on preseason activity. So if you are bothered that Landry Jones has played about 90% of the preseason then get prepared for 95%
Of the of the two practices I went to, he didn't get many reps. And the reps he got he did not look good. I knew right then they wouldn't keep him

The first two picks in Tim's FFA draft were Antonio Brown and LeVeon Bell. Can't say that I ever remember the first two picks coming from the same team, certainly not the Steelers.

I hope the offence lives up to the hype because I have a feeling the defense won't be doing them any favors. Anyways I thought it was interesting.
AB is unstoppable. My only concern there would be the improvement of Bryant and Wheaton. Both are looking really good. Bell, my concern would be missing 2 games and having a very capable Deangelo there to take a little of the load. Even Archer is running well and could take a few snaps. The O is loaded though, gonna be a really good year on that side of the ball. Defense...I definitely have my concerns. Jury definitely out on Shamarko. Saw Mitchell grabbing at his hamstring during practice (hopefully it's nothing). Am encouraged by CB play (Boykins, Blake, Gay, Fogg to a lesser extent). Darby could be a nice find at safety. Shazier is all over the place making plays.
Shmarko is a china doll. The guy can't seem to stay healthy for more than a 2 week stretch.
Not only that, but I've seen nothing out of him in preseason/practices. Alden Darby on the other hand...

Probably a season altering injury against GB today. Pouncey CARTED off field with ankle injury. Now Stephen tuitt just carted off. A @@@@@@@ pre season game.

Probably a season altering injury against GB today. Pouncey CARTED off field with ankle injury. Now Stephen tuitt just carted off. A @@@@@@@ pre season game.
Neither injury looked that bad, players rolled up on their ankles and both guys walked off without assistance. My guess is sprain in both cases.

Neither injury looked that bad, players rolled up on their ankles and both guys walked off without assistance. My guess is sprain in both cases.
I hope you're right, have to admit I missed the play. I came in the room as they were carting him off. And by listening to these announcers they make it sound like doom and gloom on pouncey.

I hope you're right, have to admit I missed the play. I came in the room as they were carting him off. And by listening to these announcers they make it sound like doom and gloom on pouncey.
I'm cautiously optimistic.

Landry with a couple horrendous throws and a couple of gems today.

And as I type this, another terrible throw on the conversion attempt. This guy is just so inconsistent.

Doran Grant is going to be a starter sooner than I thought. Not a sensational athlete, but he seems to have uncommonly good instincts for a rookie.

Impact to Big Ben and Bell?
I don't think it's a huge deal. Wallace will come in and play well. 0 depth left though.
Pounced being out is terrible news but I think we will be okay without him. It may be blasphemous to say but I think Pouncey is the easiest of the o-line to replace.Still sucks losing him for half the season though
IMO, this is true. Wallace is adequate and with Ragu and DeCastro around him will be fine. If a guard got hurt, they could have Wallace replace him or move Pouncey to guard and Wallace to center. Possibly a bigger drop off. Tackle hurt would really hurt, esp Beachum.

Well, this sucks. Appears no matter which path they take Pouncey will initially have to be on the final 53 man roster, meaning someone will have to be let go/exposed. So if they're going the IR/designated route he will first have to be on the 53 man roster and then after final cuts and waivers cleared they can do it. Could miss out on a decent waived player or have to cut a decent special teams player to make room.

Well, this sucks. Appears no matter which path they take Pouncey will initially have to be on the final 53 man roster, meaning someone will have to be let go/exposed. So if they're going the IR/designated route he will first have to be on the 53 man roster and then after final cuts and waivers cleared they can do it. Could miss out on a decent waived player or have to cut a decent special teams player to make room.
Yeah it kind of sucks the way the NFL does this but at least they instituted the IR/designated rule a few years ago so they have that option for Pouncey.

I don't know if the Steelers are planning on keeping 3 QBs but if so they could cut Jones and hope he clears waivers. He has played okay this preseason but I doubt there would be a bunch of teams clamoring for his services.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now on to the good things. Good to see Shamarko show up, and allay my fears some. Bud Dupree made some plays too. And Jarvis looked okay.

Yeah it kind of sucks the way the NFL does this but at least they instituted the IR/designated rule a few years ago so they have that option for Pouncey.

I don't know if the Steelers are planning on keeping 3 QBs but if so they could cut Jones and hope he clears waivers. He has played okay this preseason but I doubt there would be a bunch of teams clamoring for his services.
Guess that would depend on Grads health too. Doubt they'll go that way. Odd man out will be someone on defense that was a bubble player.

Godsbrother said:
3C said:
rascal said:
I don't think it's a huge deal. Wallace will come in and play well. 0 depth left though.
Pounced being out is terrible news but I think we will be okay without him. It may be blasphemous to say but I think Pouncey is the easiest of the o-line to replace.Still sucks losing him for half the season though
Whoever is on SNR right now (think it's Tim Benz) disagrees entirely. "Much bigger loss than any other along the line."

Godsbrother said:
3C said:
rascal said:
Whoever is on SNR right now (think it's Tim Benz) disagrees entirely. "Much bigger loss than any other along the line."
He may be right. Maybe because we've been through this a few times before with Pouncey I just don't feel the sky is falling.

On another note I saw that Benz is coming back to Pittsburgh. I was never a fan of his and I am kind of bummed he isn't staying in Boston.

Godsbrother said:
3C said:
rascal said:
He may be right. Maybe because we've been through this a few times before with Pouncey I just don't feel the sky is falling.

On another note I saw that Benz is coming back to Pittsburgh. I was never a fan of his and I am kind of bummed he isn't staying in Boston.
Apparently he's back. It is indeed him and he's been on the radio for a few weeks now. benz@triblive

Oh good lord, woman calls in asking why players aren't forced to wear knee braces. Dear caller, that would have helped nothing.

Wheaton vs Bryant for redraft? Crazy thinking Wheaton is the target?
Yes you are.

Bryant is going to rip off massive chunks of yards and TDs, in very few catches.

Just doing what he did as a rookie he was at a pace to get 900 yards and 13 TDs for sixteen games. On 47 touches.

He is going to get utilized more. But he wont be handed the starting gig for as long as Wheatons plays well and produces.

Crazy unless you are factoring in ADP.

Not convinced Wheaton in the 15th near the end of a draft won't be better "value" than Bryant in the 4th/5th.

But Bryant will be the better FF difference-maker of the two.

Wheaton will have a very good year.

In other news, it's like deja vu all over again. Steelers have signed Doug Legursky. At the expense of David Nelson (kinda sucks, his is a nice story) but he wasn't making the team anyway.

Just kicking the tires, or does this mean Grads is hurt, or what? Rumor: Steelers meeting with Vick.

Just kicking the tires, or does this mean Grads is hurt, or what? Rumor: Steelers meeting with Vick.
Schefter saying Gradkowski dislocated his finger and will have surgery. Guess it's serious interest.

Vick certainly still a lightning rod. Reactions on social media:

If they sign him ,I'll never watch another steeler game as long as I live

Hell no! I don't care if no one else will accept him I'd rather see him starve than watch him wear a Steelers jersey!

Y'all are petty. I don't like Vick, but he'd be a solid backup. If you don't like Vick, don't buy Vick merchandise. I'll be bleeding black and gold until the day I die, no matter who is on the team.

A true Steelers fan would never give up on their team no matter what

Steeler fans would hate Vick until Ben gets hurt and he comes in and throws for 3 scores and runs for another.

Schefter saying Gradkowski dislocated his finger and will have surgery. Guess it's serious interest.
I would rather have Vick than Grad straight up anyway.
If you have Vick, you need another QB on the roster for when he gets hurt 30 seconds into his first start.
It's not like Grad has been the pillar of health and stability in his career. I like what Vick brings to the table a lot more than Gradkowski.

Vick had the dog fighting in the past but has stayed out of trouble for 8 or 9 years now. Time to move on...

Steeler fans would hate Vick until Ben gets hurt and he comes in and throws for 3 scores and runs for another.
Pretty much. He's paid his due, has Tony Dungy on his side, kept clean. If he can help the team that's fine.

Users who are viewing this thread