What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

It's been a great run Peyton - now enjoy retirement.. (1 Viewer)

His arm strength may well have diminished, but none of the throws they showed in that video had anything to do with arm strength. The pass to D.Thomas in the end zone was inaccurate, but that throw didn't require arm strength. The one where he missed Owen Daniels was just a bad read (which means nothing in the preseason).

To show a lack of arm strength, you have to show him trying to complete a pass that actually requires arm strength.

Analysis: An NFC executive said Manning looked "immobile" in the pocket during the preseason and "flinches under pocket pressure." Manning struggled this preseason, fluttering passes across the middle of the field and underthrowing receivers down the sidelines. Manning has the football intelligence to overcome physical limitations, but his collapse down the stretch last year mixed with his underwhelming preseason raise legitimate concerns about his ability to hang with the other elite fantasy quarterbacks.
Manning looked immobile? This changes everything!

Brock will start more than 1 game this year.
You're predicting injury?
I think that's how it will be explained. I believe Brock will give them a better chance to win at some point this year.
Fwiw I Agree with your logic. But I don't think they bench Peyton without it being a true injury.
Why? John Elway has to continue to run the team after Manning so I'm not sure that his main concern is going to be Mannings pride or legacy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that's how it will be explained. I believe Brock will give them a better chance to win at some point this year.
Fwiw I Agree with your logic. But I don't think they bench Peyton without it being a true injury.
Why? John Elway has to continue to run the team after Manning is the quarterback so I'm not sure that his main concern is going to be Mannings pride or legacy.
Peyton would have to completely fall apart or get injured for that decision to be made.

I seem to remember the last time these arm rumors came out before a season he threw 7 TDs....at home vs. the Baltimore Ravens(with 55 TD's on the season)

Wanna bet it was the same executive that said that then too? Maybe he won't look like such a fool this time.....

Analysis: An NFC executive said Manning looked "immobile" in the pocket during the preseason and "flinches under pocket pressure." Manning struggled this preseason, fluttering passes across the middle of the field and underthrowing receivers down the sidelines. Manning has the football intelligence to overcome physical limitations, but his collapse down the stretch last year mixed with his underwhelming preseason raise legitimate concerns about his ability to hang with the other elite fantasy quarterbacks.
Manning looked immobile? This changes everything!
The whole reason I drafted him was for his rushing yards.

I seem to remember one season with the Colts when he rushed for four touchdowns -- all sneaks, I think. I guess that won't be happening this year.

Yep, he's going to play forever.
Maybe I don't really wanna know

How your qb throws

'Cause I just wanna fly

Lately did you ever feel the pain

In the morning rain

As he sacks you to the ground

Maybe I just wanna fly

Want to live I don't wanna die

Maybe I just wanna breath

Maybe I just don't believe

Maybe you're the same as me

We see things they'll never see

You and I are gonna play forever

I think so too. Injury or not, Brock will start more than one game.
He only starts if Manning is hurt or playoff spot has been clinched or the season is lost. He may play more in the fourth quarter in games Denver has in hand.

I think so too. Injury or not, Brock will start more than one game.
He only starts if Manning is hurt or playoff spot has been clinched or the season is lost. He may play more in the fourth quarter in games Denver has in hand.
This I can see.

Now, if Peyton got hurt and oz played so well that he took over... maybe. Still doubt that but maybe.

Sabertooth said:
The year before Favre retired, he threw for 33 touchdowns and 7 picks.

The end comes quickly.
Favre was a gunslinging Qb who relied on his arm strength and his toughness for success n the NFL.

Manning is a cerebral Qb Who relies on his smarts and his ability to read defenses and catch them off guard. He's a chess player. Chess players play long into their lives. :)

I still can't believe Favre and the Vikings were gone game away from the Super Bowl that year. Unbelievable run. But hey when the time comes, the time comes. Father time waits for no one.

Sabertooth said:
The year before Favre retired, he threw for 33 touchdowns and 7 picks.

The end comes quickly.
Favre was a gunslinging Qb who relied on his arm strength and his toughness for success n the NFL.

Manning is a cerebral Qb Who relies on his smarts and his ability to read defenses and catch them off guard. He's a chess player. Chess players play long into their lives. :)
:lmao:

I still can't believe Favre and the Vikings were gone game away from the Super Bowl that year. Unbelievable run. But hey when the time comes, the time comes. Father time waits for no one.
Actually one bad/ dumb throw away from the super bowl. It was kind of amazing. And the end did come quickly.

It will be interesting to see what he can do on deep passes and ones which require noticeable zip. I love the guy, but feel those will be difficult for him, especially as the season drags on.

Unsubstantiated rumor: Broncos have been playing rope-a-dope all pre-season. Manning is showing much more in practice than in games. The Broncos staff treated pre-season games as more of dress-practices than games - they didn't do any game-planning, and they set things up just to evaluate personnel in game-day situations.

Don't be fooled by not-so-great pre-season production from starting O. The team will come out vs Baltimore and show some completely different stuff. Of course we don't really know what the O will look like, and any thoughts on Manning getting through the season is pure speculation, but I have to believe the O will be just fine. Start your Broncos if you have them.

================

Cecil Lammey ‏@CecilLammey 22h22 hours ago
for those floating "Peyton's arm is weak" know DEN kept things super vanilla in preseason, PM arm looked much stronger at #BroncosCamp

Cecil Lammey ‏@CecilLammey 22h22 hours ago
Cecil Lammey retweeted Brandon White
LOL, a small handful of preseason snaps is 1 thing...but everyday practice observations from #BroncosCamp are better

Running vanilla offenses in preseason is one thing, but Manning was taking some good shots on the pass rushes right up in the middle. I can't believe that letting their 39-year old QB take those kind of shots was part of their "dress practices."

We'll know a lot more by the end of the day, but I have zero Broncos offensive players on my handful of fantasy teams this year. I'm not just overly confident that Peyton will defeat Father Time this year, and if he doesn't, the whole offense comes down with him. I pray I am wrong.

Running vanilla offenses in preseason is one thing, but Manning was taking some good shots on the pass rushes right up in the middle. I can't believe that letting their 39-year old QB take those kind of shots was part of their "dress practices."

We'll know a lot more by the end of the day, but I have zero Broncos offensive players on my handful of fantasy teams this year. I'm not just overly confident that Peyton will defeat Father Time this year, and if he doesn't, the whole offense comes down with him. I pray I am wrong.
I avoided Manning and receivers, but took CJ everywhere I could. Hillman too, for good measure.

I'm all in. I have Manning/Demaryius in both my leagues.

This "old man" is going to show everyone who's still the king.

Okay, I know the Ravens D is tough and it's not easy to look great against them, but Peyton has clearly lost a lot. He should not have come back. Yeah, I am saying it.

Two years ago I got burned by Peyton's 7 TDs in the first game. Two years later, I'm going to be looking for a WW QB as a Peyton owner next week. SMH

Coming from a longtime Peyton supporter, I really, really wish I didn't have him on so many fantasy teams. I laughed at the "Osweiler will replace him" talk before today. Now I'm not so sure.

Thanks Kubs
:confused:

It's Kubiak's fault that Manning's arm is done?
Manning is in the twilight of his career. He has talent all around him and all he has to do is make limited plays just like Elway did. Is he a 400 yards passer like the Manning of the past? No, but he can still manage the game enough to get wins.

What I saw today were timing issues with WRs and O-line issues. Plus the Balt. Defense is no joke--this was a great game to get a win.

Denver is going to kill KC.

Thanks Kubs
:confused:

It's Kubiak's fault that Manning's arm is done?
Manning is in the twilight of his career. He has talent all around him and all he has to do is make limited plays just like Elway did. Is he a 400 yards passer like the Manning of the past? No, but he can still manage the game enough to get wins.What I saw today were timing issues with WRs and O-line issues. Plus the Balt. Defense is no joke--this was a great game to get a win.

Denver is going to kill KC.
KC could very well kill Denver.

Users who are viewing this thread