What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Ezekiel Elliott, NE (3 Viewers)

Exactly right. If EE won’t sign this deal then I hope they take all offers off the table. 
I doubt he signs it.  He wants to be the highest paid RB in the league nothing else is likely to satisfy him.  Dallas needs to just make him the highest paid RB and everyone can get on with their lives.  They are like a million short just up it a mill a year and get it done for god sakes.

Why would he sign for less than Gurley?

He was drafted higher (you make a direct declaration of his team value when you drafted him at #4). He never had knee surgery. He was the NFLs rushing leader 2 of his 3 years, and would have been 3 for 3 if not the NFL suspension. He is signing a contract in 2019 and not in 2018 so the cap has 11 million more dollars of room.

By any stretch he deserves to be the #1. And then some.
He’s also been suspended and can’t stay out of the news (and not in a good way)

How much does that matter in all of this?

Ezekiel Elliott is back in Cabo continuing his holdout, and Hall of Famer Marshall Faulk is headed to Mexico to train with him.

A recent photo of Elliott on a plane back to Dallas went viral, but he merely had a weekend off and returned stateside for it. Elliott still has his heels dug in, and the Cowboys don't appear ready to budge, especially after Tony Pollard's impressive second preseason game as the starter. Elliott grew up in St. Louis during Faulk's heyday with the Rams. Picking Elliott in fantasy drafts gets riskier by the day. Meanwhile, Pollard is a mid-to-late round target to come away with every time.

SOURCE: Rich Eisen Show

Aug 23, 2019, 10:25 AM ET

Calvin Watkins

@calvinwatkins

Stephen Jones continued to expressed the Cowboys won’t set the market for contracts. “We just can’t go to a place like that,” he said on

@1053thefan

3:22 PM · Aug 23, 2019·

Rotoworld take:

Cowboys executive VP Stephen Jones remains "very optimistic" that the team will get a deal done with Ezekiel Elliott ahead of Week 1.

While Jones cautioned that no deal is imminent, he's still confident the sides will find a middle ground before the Cowboys open their season against New York on September 8. "We feel confident things will get done," said Jones during his weekly radio appearance on 105.3 The Fan. "Things happen real quick, sometime within hours." ESPN's Ed Werder reported earlier this week that Dallas had offered Elliott an extension that would make him the second-highest-paid back in the league behind L.A.'s Todd Gurley. The last we heard, Zeke was in Mexico training with Hall of Famer Marshall Faulk.

SOURCE: 105.3 The Fan

Aug 23, 2019, 4:40 PM ET

Here in Dallas, word is Zeke is headed back to town this weekend from Cabo. Wouldn't be surprised if he's signed over the weekend or on Monday. Honestly I would love to see him sit the first three games, watch the Cowboys smoke the Giants, Skins, and Fins, and then watch him sign for pennies on the dollar!.. because he's been such a model citizen.

F Zeke. Dude is a hard runner but super dooshy 
lulz  I have a similar impression of Dak   Ingrained even more with what I would call his money grab seeking what 40M?  Watching some games it just appeared that Dak could have (Read: Should have) dumped the ball off to an open Zeke   (Maybe it wasn't the quick 20 yd gain but you know sometimes it be that if not much more) 

fwiw:  I wasn't too pleased to hear about the pulling of a  t-shirt incident which seemed quite out of character considering his family  (Dad played ball)

I'm outta here   Depressing to even think about the play being based on who can get what   I'd almost like to watch both of them play w/o their OLine

LOL at people thinking signing Zeke is a bad move.  That entire offense runs through him.  GL with Dak running the show.  

Jerry Jones is probably gonna die soon, he’s not looking long term, he need to win now and without Zeke they have zero shot at a SB.

zeke will be on the field week 1 as the highest paid RB in the NFL.  That’s a guarantee 

Last edited by a moderator:
Rotoworld take:
They never report the details that matter in these contract offer reports.  Unless they are measuring 2nd highest paid by the total guaranteed, it doesn't really tell us enough about the offer. 

It's probably out there to sway public perception against Zeke, but it doesn't tell me much without knowing how muhcb guaranteed money it is compared to the other deals. 

ILUVBEER99 said:
Jerry Jones is probably gonna die soon
Hilarious. Not that I want Jerry to die or anything. I couldnt stop laughing. Well eventally I did. And I dont know if you were trying to be funny or not, well done anyway. Impeccable delivery. 

I don’t know who I was discussing with on this thread but I said I don’t think any ‘Boys rbs will be startable if Zeke misses games

Ive changed my opinion. From what I’ve seen in these fake games it looks like Pollard will get a lot of work and be startable especially in ppr. 

Doesnt look like he’s built for 300 carries obviously but he looks good so far

Todd Gurley for one. ✅

*well he had 2 years left, but didn't have to hold out because the team recognized the mass underpay in the current deal as compared to the contract.
And conversely is the best evidence against doing what Zeke wants.

eta - I am for Zeke getting his.

That is what I said.
My bad - I read that as “evidence for”.

sorry about that. Yes, I agree. :)  

but it’s also evidence for a RB wanting to get paid since they’re in a volatile position. 

I think RBs get a raw deal. Their pay should be more than most offensive positions because they get hurt a lot & have a short shelf life. 

Call it hazard pay. 

So I understand both sides of it. 

I think part of the problem is the Rams gave Gurley too much.  Now NFL teams are realizing that but the bar has been set.  Zeke wants more than Gurley but Cowboys don't think that's a good deal for them.

Plural of anecdote, blah blah blah but ... had our long-running local (live, 0.5PPR) draft tonight and Zeke fell all the way to me at 1.09. 

Maybe a wee bit of belated panic creeping into the hive mind?

Plural of anecdote, blah blah blah but ... had our long-running local (live, 0.5PPR) draft tonight and Zeke fell all the way to me at 1.09. 

Maybe a wee bit of belated panic creeping into the hive mind?
Can’t really blame people for passing at this point. The season is getting too close for comfort and the memory of Bell is still fresh in everyone’s mind. I have Zeke in a keeper league and I’m very nervous. This is the last year I can keep him, so if he’s not signed by Labor Day I’m cutting him loose and keeping Michel instead. 

It's a game of chicken at this point, and with his agent yapping in his ear, I doubt Zeke will cave and be the first to make a move.  

That said, it's clear that the Jones' know it would be insanity to give Zeke the money he wants, but they might reach a point where they think that it's in their best short term interests to do so. 

Ezekiel Elliott offered new contract 'close to Gurley'

by Garett Thomas | Cowboys Correspondent | Tue, Aug 27th 8:24am EDT

Ezekiel Elliott has been given a new offer that is close to Todd Gurley's deal, $14-million annually per year. Elliott is rumored to be searching for "money that would make him the highest-paid running back in NFL history. Part of that desire includes surpassing Gurley’s other contractual numbers ($60 million total with $45 million guaranteed)." Elliott rejected the last offer from the Cowboys because it was not sufficient compensation in the young runner's eyes. (105.3 The Fan)

I like Faulk the player but in his recent interview with Rich Eisen he appeared to be stoned out of his mind and if he's in Zeke's ear this holdout may never end. He sounds like a very bitter and angry man. 

Some people are too dumb to understand that Jerry Jones is a business owner and the players are not slaves, they are employees. Faulk is one of those people. 

I like Faulk the player but in his recent interview with Rich Eisen he appeared to be stoned out of his mind and if he's in Zeke's ear this holdout may never end. He sounds like a very bitter and angry man. 

Some people are too dumb to understand that Jerry Jones is a business owner and the players are not slaves, they are employees. Faulk is one of those people. 
Well, if Jerry doesn't want one to pay his employee, should be an easy decision to have a different employee take over in the same role.  I'm sure as a business man, he understands all the implications of that decision. 

As an employee, Zeke also has a business decision to make, he is the business owner of his talents and can make decisions whether to work for the same company, work for a different company, or not work at all.  

I have pick 4 on Sunday and I'm right in front of the industry's top ranked player, Chad Schroeder. I don't want to have to think about this one.  
If only I had enough money and time to play in 1,000 leagues a year..............with 100 of them being $1500 to $20,000 entry leagues............maybe then I would be the top ranked player in the industry.

If only I had enough money and time to play in 1,000 leagues a year..............with 100 of them being $1500 to $20,000 entry leagues............maybe then I would be the top ranked player in the industry.
HAHA!!  I don't know how they calculate those, but I was always pretty sure it was based on volume.  I have to say I saw a recent draft of his, from the 4 spot, and it looked pretty average.  I guess it comes down to in season management, but with that many leagues, it has to be his full time job.  I won the entry, so its house money, but I'd still rather not screw it up.

For the record, he did not go with Zeke at 1.04.   In the FFPC scoring, he went Kelce.

Users who are viewing this thread