Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Faust

Official Dynasty & Redraft: RB Ezekiel Elliott, Cowboys

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Dez said:

If only I had enough money and time to play in 1,000 leagues a year..............with 100 of them being $1500 to $20,000 entry leagues............maybe then I would be the top ranked player in the industry.

HAHA!!  I don't know how they calculate those, but I was always pretty sure it was based on volume.  I have to say I saw a recent draft of his, from the 4 spot, and it looked pretty average.  I guess it comes down to in season management, but with that many leagues, it has to be his full time job.  I won the entry, so its house money, but I'd still rather not screw it up.

For the record, he did not go with Zeke at 1.04.   In the FFPC scoring, he went Kelce.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, cobalt_27 said:

Well, if Jerry doesn't want one to pay his employee, should be an easy decision to have a different employee take over in the same role.  I'm sure as a business man, he understands all the implications of that decision. 

As an employee, Zeke also has a business decision to make, he is the business owner of his talents and can make decisions whether to work for the same company, work for a different company, or not work at all.  

I would trade him. The picks you would gain would be better spent on guys who weren't so dumb and immature. 

 

ETA - I dont't think Zeke is dumb for wanting more money or even the way he is going about it is at least a discussion. The other stuff is just dumb. 

Edited by STEADYMOBBIN 22

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, iamkoza said:

this one feels like it should get done.... but it is scary using a 1st round pick on him

He went 1.9 in my draft last night. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, travdogg said:

He went 1.9 in my draft last night. 

That's where I am picking on Sunday.  I am hoping someone else takes him before then so I don't have to make that decision.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, SayWhat? said:

I’d snap grab Zeke at 1.09.

Don't agree at this point.  He is not signed with no news that anything is imminent or will get done.  He could sit out the entire year.  1st round draft pick needs to be a given, 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, stlrams said:

Don't agree at this point.  He is not signed with no news that anything is imminent or will get done.  He could sit out the entire year.  1st round draft pick needs to be a given, 

Zero percent chance.  Quote this for posterity.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, stlrams said:

Don't agree at this point.  He is not signed with no news that anything is imminent or will get done.  He could sit out the entire year.  1st round draft pick needs to be a given, 

Sitting out an entire year does less than nothing for Zeke.

That makes no sense at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, matuski said:

Sitting out an entire year does less than nothing for Zeke.

That makes no sense at all.

Agree that it makes no sense at all. But then again, Zeke has already proven (multiple times) that he is a knucklehead of the highest order, so you never know. LOL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He will at least report to accrue his year of service which means he would have to play 8 games, I think.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dhockster said:

He will at least report to accrue his year of service which means he would have to play 8 games, I think.

So where you draft him if missing 8 games?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, stlrams said:

So where you draft him if missing 8 games?

earlier than Kareem Hunt  😉

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, SayWhat? said:

Zero percent chance.  Quote this for posterity.  

OK - I believe he already has lost game 1 even if he signs today and every day unsigned means more games lost/playing lost yet you want to draft 1.09.  Makes no sense unless you draft Pollard.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, stlrams said:

So where you draft him if missing 8 games?

I think he will miss 3 games max, if he misses any. I drafted him with the 4th pick which is probably high but I still think they will come to an agreement before the season. I did take Pollard just in case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SayWhat? said:

I’d snap grab Zeke at 1.09.

 

5 minutes ago, stlrams said:

So where you draft him if missing 8 games?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Keith1 said:

Agree that it makes no sense at all. But then again, Zeke has already proven (multiple times) that he is a knucklehead of the highest order, so you never know. LOL.

He has an agent.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If he's missing 3 games I take him at 9.  If he's missing 8 I start to seriously consider him in the 5th round.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think he misses 2 games.  Comes back with the Cowboys 2-0, to play his first game at home and get in a rhythm against Miami.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, wgoldsph said:

If he's missing 3 games I take him at 9.  If he's missing 8 I start to seriously consider him in the 5th round.

If looking for a general rule, I'd drop him half a round for every game he misses.

0 games- round 1
2 games- round 2
4 games- round 3
6 games- round 4
8 games- round 5

Obviously impossible to predict how many he will miss, but this is generally where I'd see his value based on missed games.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Dr. Octopus said:

He has an agent.

One that is obviously giving him bad advice. Or, more likely, he is giving him good advice, and Zeke is simply being Zeke. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SayWhat? said:

Zero percent chance.  Quote this for posterity.  

Sorry if I'm not up on all the contract technicalities...but is Zeke's situation fundamentally different than Bell's that would put the chance at zero? Or is this just your hopeful opinion because you want to draft him late? Otherwise we've got last year as a very recent precedent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, PhantomJB said:

Sorry if I'm not up on all the contract technicalities...but is Zeke's situation fundamentally different than Bell's that would put the chance at zero? Or is this just your hopeful opinion because you want to draft him late? Otherwise we've got last year as a very recent precedent.

Short version:

Bell was entering the last year of his deal tagged with the franchise tag that he didn’t sign

Zeke is under contract for 2 years

Zeke has to play in 6 games this year for it to count. 

If he does not make himself available to play 6 games the entire thing just resets next year and he would be in the exact same spot he’s in now except several million dollars poorer.

Edited by STEADYMOBBIN 22
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, PhantomJB said:

Sorry if I'm not up on all the contract technicalities...but is Zeke's situation fundamentally different than Bell's that would put the chance at zero? Or is this just your hopeful opinion because you want to draft him late? Otherwise we've got last year as a very recent precedent.

Yes. Zeke is under contract. Bell wasn't.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

Short version:

Bell was entering the last year of his deal

 

Bell was not under contract at all.  He never signed the franchise tender.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, matuski said:

Bell was not under contract at all.  He never signed the franchise tender.

Thanks. I’ll correct it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dhockster said:

He will at least report to accrue his year of service which means he would have to play 8 games, I think.

6

i think 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Getting the impression that Zeke will get an adjustment on his contract for this year, without an extension of time, and report sooner rather than later.  

I am particularly liking the banter between him and Jerry Jones right now.  Both are playing negotiations in the media at this point.  Fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Hairy Snowman said:

Getting the impression that Zeke will get an adjustment on his contract for this year, without an extension of time, and report sooner rather than later.  

I am particularly liking the banter between him and Jerry Jones right now.  Both are playing negotiations in the media at this point.  Fun.

Jerry would have paid him by now. Stephen Jones is the guy Zeke needs to worry about. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So in redraft for those targeting Zeke where are you taking Pollard? At some point soon it's going to take a lot of draft capital to acquire both.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PhantomJB said:

So in redraft for those targeting Zeke where are you taking Pollard? At some point soon it's going to take a lot of draft capital to acquire both.

My three live drafts someone sniped him from the zeke owner each time.   Somewhere between rounds 7-10 he went in each.  I thought it was to high for the non zeke owners.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Joe Thomas has it right.  Give Zeke 5% more than Gurley's contract with clauses to protect against Zeke flaking out.

DAL needs to end the horse and pony show.  Just get the deal done and stop playing games with Zeke.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, ILUVBEER99 said:

Joe Thomas has it right.  Give Zeke 5% more than Gurley's contract with clauses to protect against Zeke flaking out.

DAL needs to end the horse and pony show.  Just get the deal done and stop playing games with Zeke.

 

Those references belong in the Gallup thread. Keep it at "dog and pony" here, please.

  • Like 4
  • Laughing 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ILUVBEER99 said:

Joe Thomas has it right.  Give Zeke 5% more than Gurley's contract with clauses to protect against Zeke flaking out.

DAL needs to end the horse and pony show.  Just get the deal done and stop playing games with Zeke.

 

Sign and trade. I like it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mozzy84 said:

My three live drafts someone sniped him from the zeke owner each time.   Somewhere between rounds 7-10 he went in each.  I thought it was to high for the non zeke owners.  

I got him in the 14th round of a ten team draft last night. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I took Pollard late in redraft in the hopes I can get flex start value for a week or two until Zeke is signed and up to speed. Compared to the other options in those rounds, I'll take it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, stlrams said:

OK - I believe he already has lost game 1 even if he signs today and every day unsigned means more games lost/playing lost yet you want to draft 1.09.  Makes no sense unless you draft Pollard.. 

What? He could report on Saturday and he would still play Sunday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

6

i think 

1

He doesn't need to accrue the year of service, he just needs to not have the contract toll.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

Short version:

Bell was entering the last year of his deal tagged with the franchise tag that he didn’t sign

Zeke is under contract for 2 years

Zeke has to play in 6 games this year for it to count. 

If he does not make himself available to play 6 games the entire thing just resets next year and he would be in the exact same spot he’s in now except several million dollars poorer.

:goodposting:Which is why the front office holds the best hand. They are playing this smart. Zeke stands to loose $240,000 per game.  They start out with a weak schedule so he isn't likely to hurt them much by missing a couple games like Emmett did. He's playing week 1.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Hankmoody said:

1

He doesn't need to accrue the year of service, he just needs to not have the contract toll.

Clipped from NFL.com.  

Quote

 

Accrued seasons: Used to determine a player's free agency status (unrestricted, restricted, exclusive rights). In order to accrue a season, a player must have been on (or should have been on) full-play status for at least six regular-season games in a given season. A player under contract must report to his team at least 30 days prior to the start of the regular season to accrue a season.

Credited seasons: Used as a measure for many benefits, it's most notably used to determine a player's minimum salary. To earn a credited season, a player must be on full-pay status for a total of three or more regular season games.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's correct, but Zeke doesn't need to accrue the season.  He's under contract already for 2020, and he has three accrued seasons already.  So after 2020 he'll have 4 and be a UDFA in 2021.  Having 2019 give him an accrued year means very little to him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hankmoody said:

It's correct, but Zeke doesn't need to accrue the season.  He's under contract already for 2020, and he has three accrued seasons already.  So after 2020 he'll have 4 and be a UDFA in 2021.  Having 2019 give him an accrued year means very little to him.

Read the first sentence. Accrued years are used to determine free agent status.  If he doesn't accrue he doesnt get to free agency.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Incorrect.  Free agent status is determined by expiration of a contract.  Free Agent classification is determined by accrued seasons.  A Free Agent with 2 or fewer accrued seasons is an Exclusive Rights Free Agent, 3 accrued seasons is Restrictred Free Agent, and 4 or more is Unrestricted Free Agent.

Elliott is under contract through 2020 by virtue of the option Dallas exercised in May.  He's not a Free Agent until 2021.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, tonydead said:

Read the first sentence. Accrued years are used to determine free agent status.  If he doesn't accrue he doesnt get to free agency.  

Quote

A player under contract must report to his team at least 30 days prior to the start of the regular season to accrue a season.

Whats up with this line? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Hankmoody said:

Incorrect.  Free agent status is determined by expiration of a contract.  Free Agent classification is determined by accrued seasons.  A Free Agent with 2 or fewer accrued seasons is an Exclusive Rights Free Agent, 3 accrued seasons is Restrictred Free Agent, and 4 or more is Unrestricted Free Agent.

Elliott is under contract through 2020 by virtue of the option Dallas exercised in May.  He's not a Free Agent until 2021.

Plus you're ignoring the 5th year option the cowboys have. And franchise tag after that.  He's dead in the water right now. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, tonydead said:

Plus you're ignoring the 5th year option the cowboys have. And franchise tag after that.  He's dead in the water right now. 

I'm not ignoring anything.  The "5th year" option is the 2020 year.  The Franchise Tag only happens once he's a --- wait for it --- Free Agent.  Which is the only claim I made, that he doesn't need the accrued season.

 

6 minutes ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

Whats up with this line? 

This is a weird one.  It's in Section 8 of the CBA regarding players with fewer than three accrued season - which Zeke is not.  So I'm not entirely sure it applies to him.  If it does, the rest of the discussion is moot because he's not getting credit for an accrused season in 2019 anyway (but like I said, that's mostly irrelevant to him).  Even if it doesn't, he just needs to not have the contract toll.  THAT would screw him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hankmoody said:

I'm not ignoring anything.  The "5th year" option is the 2020 year.  The Franchise Tag only happens once he's a --- wait for it --- Free Agent.  Which is the only claim I made, that he doesn't need the accrued season.

 

This is a weird one.  It's in Section 8 of the CBA regarding players with fewer than three accrued season - which Zeke is not.  So I'm not entirely sure it applies to him.  If it does, the rest of the discussion is moot because he's not getting credit for an accrused season in 2019 anyway (but like I said, that's mostly irrelevant to him).  Even if it doesn't, he just needs to not have the contract toll.  THAT would screw him.

What's the definition of full play?  Why would the cowboys activate him for a single game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, tonydead said:

What's the definition of full play?  Why would the cowboys activate him for a single game?

Full pay is anything the team is required to fully pay him for.   NFI and PUP aren't full pay, even if a team chooses to they aren't required to, and games suspended don't count either since he's not paid.  Obviously games he doesn't report for he's not paid for as well.  Pretty much everything else is.  IR, inactive, active DNP, they are all still full pay status.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Hankmoody said:

I'm not ignoring anything.  T

 

Apologies, you're assuming he gets an accrued season in 2020. To get to unrestricted. That's not logical if he holds out entirely and is in the exact same situation next year, only as Steaddy put it, 3.85 million dollars poorer. 

As Jerry would put it: we're circumcising the mosquito here. 

Edited by tonydead

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.