What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Ezekiel Elliott, NE (7 Viewers)

Amy Dash‏Verified account @AmyDashTV 8m8 minutes ago

Judges not only not in a rush to decide but all commented on why they didn't understand the NFL rush to suspend. I say he's playing Sunday

Amy Dash‏Verified account @AmyDashTV 41s42 seconds ago

Standard under CBA is credible evidence. Accuser & her pictures formed basis of evidence (investigator questioning her credibility impt)

Amy Dash‏Verified account @AmyDashTV 36s36 seconds ago

Smart move by @EzekielElliott showing up every time - very smart

Last edited by a moderator:
Now...

We...

Wait...

*Refresh twitter, Refresh twitter, Refresh twitter, Refresh twitter, Refresh twitter, Refresh twitter, Refresh twitter, Refresh twitter, Refresh twitter, Refresh twitter*

This is not about the merits of the actual case...its about the injunction.

NFL did not appeal the injunction with Brady, the NFL did not oppose him.

This is new territory.
There was no injunction in Brady's case. He won his initial case (so his suspension was lifted) and the NFL appealed, but the appeal wasn't heard until the next offseason.

Zeke just lost.

Pete Brush‏ @PeteBrush 1m1 minute ago

BREAKING: INJUNCTION OVERTURNED. STAY TERMINATED. ZEKE IS SUSPENDED

Just another reminder that no one really knows anything. Most legal experts were convinced he'd at least be able to play this weekend with a good chance he'd get to play out the season, based on the way today went.

It was fun while it lasted, fellas.

Dilly Dilly, Time for the Rod Smith show. Everyone is on DMC and Morris but Smith could end up stealing the show. 

In 30 minutes.

Decision by tomorrow.

Appeal of that decision by tomorrow afternoon.

Expect a stay by Saturday.

And then a reversal of the stay by Sunday morning.
Not....Taking a page from Brady's case his last recourse is the Supreme Court, Brady chose not to go that route because he had virtually no chance of winning at that point, same as Zeke now. Will Zeke try to go to the Supreme Court? He might but that doesn't mean the Supreme Court would even hear the case. His goose is basically cooked.

We don't know that. If not for a video, many (especially Raven fans and fantasy owners) would be crying that Ray Rice got screwed over. 
Nobody knows.  But we do know that the NFL's own investigator didn't support a suspension. So in the absence of proof, I'll side with presuming innocence.

Nobody knows.  But we do know that the NFL's own investigator didn't support a suspension. So in the absence of proof, I'll side with presuming innocence.
And I'll side against the kid who's shown time and again that he has character issues. There's rarely video of this kind of thing. Maybe if Zeke had beat her in Ray Rice's elevator....

YOOOO Cowboy fans are DESTROYING Wallach on Twitter now. Having a slant one way or another really doesn't look good when your side loses.

EDIT: Killing Amy Dash too.

YOOOO Cowboy fans are DESTROYING Wallach on Twitter now. Having a slant one way or another really doesn't look good when your side loses.

EDIT: Killing Amy Dash too.
Which is a joke, I own Zeke and learned a lot on this case because of them two.  I applaud them for having an opinion and stating how they'd rule and why.  Turns out they were wrong.  This didn't hurt either of them. 

I want to be a fly on the wall wherever Jerry Jones is crying.
This is fantastic news for all non-Zeke owners!  Zeke will miss Weeks 10-15 (2 weeks of FF playoffs) instead of Weeks 1-6.  Was Zeke still worth drafting in the 2nd round this year?  :P

Don't worry, Jerry is going to sue, sue, sue and get back at Goodell!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2017/11/08/jerry-jones-hires-attorney-david-boies-threatens-lawsuit-over-roger-goodell-contract-extension/?utm_term=.58e4632c2606

Jerry can't believe that Goodell is "overcorrecting" vs Zeke.  I mean, when has Goodell ever over-punished someone because the public thought he didn't punish enough the first time?  :lmao:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/cowboys/2017/10/31/cowboys-jerry-jones-says-nfl-handling-ezekiel-elliott-case-overcorrection/816632001/

"Report: Roger Goodell's Deflategate ruling was 'makeup call' for Spygate"

'It's not surprising that there's a makeup call,' one team owner says. Another longtime executive says a number of owners wanted Goodell to 'go hard on this one.'"

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-patriots-espn-spygate-deflategate-20150908-story.html

This is fantastic news for all non-Zeke owners!  Zeke will miss Weeks 10-15 (2 weeks of FF playoffs) instead of Weeks 1-6.  Was Zeke still worth drafting in the 2nd round this year?  :P

Don't worry, Jerry is going to sue, sue, sue and get back at Goodell!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2017/11/08/jerry-jones-hires-attorney-david-boies-threatens-lawsuit-over-roger-goodell-contract-extension/?utm_term=.58e4632c2606

Jerry can't believe that Goodell is "overcorrecting" vs Zeke.  I mean, when has Goodell ever over-punished someone because the public thought he didn't punish enough the first time?  :lmao:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/cowboys/2017/10/31/cowboys-jerry-jones-says-nfl-handling-ezekiel-elliott-case-overcorrection/816632001/

"Report: Roger Goodell's Deflategate ruling was 'makeup call' for Spygate"

'It's not surprising that there's a makeup call,' one team owner says. Another longtime executive says a number of owners wanted Goodell to 'go hard on this one.'"

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-patriots-espn-spygate-deflategate-20150908-story.html
Save the  :P  stuff for somewhere else if you want to keep posting here. 

So what are y'all doing Zeke owners? Trying to get in on the Dallas RBBC or looking elsewhere? I think whoever gets the most touches can be a RB2 ROS, but have no clue who that will be  

I wish his suspension started last week. 

So what are y'all doing Zeke owners? Trying to get in on the Dallas RBBC or looking elsewhere? I think whoever gets the most touches can be a RB2 ROS, but have no clue who that will be  

For dynasty I have been carrying the whole backfield since I acquired him after the news a suspension was imminent.  I am glad it wasn't a waste of roster space, but it hurts my total score each week.  

The first hearing in Ezekiel Elliott's "expedited appeal" before the Second Circuit Court of Appeals has been set for Dec. 1.

In theory, it means Elliott could maybe have his ban overturned or delayed before it's through in Week 16, but the Dallas Morning News' Kate Hairopoulos — who has been all over the case — believes it would be a "fast process for whole thing to be completed within the six weeks." Right now, Elliott seems likely to serve all six games before the Second Circuit can decide on the merits of his appeal. That, of course, would make any victory more symbolic than anything else.

Holding Zeke through the suspension, and I managed to grab Alf a little while ago. I don't see Alf as match-up proof, like I saw Zeke, so I doubt he sees my starting line-up unless he gets fed 20+ times. I wouldn't be surprised to hold Alf for a couple weeks, and drop him for a second defense or a better bench stash in preparation for the playoffs.

Disclaimer though, I've already locked down my playoff spot and am fighting for that first round bye now, giving me the ability to look a little further ahead than just this week.

Basically like I said earlier, unless they introduce new evidence to attack Brady, he's done. Every time they have gone up against Brady in the NY courts they have lost. That's why I thought it was odd they argued basically the same argument form a few weeks ago citing "irreparable harm"; that argument has consistently lost to NFL CBA/Brady precedent.

Traded my all of my roster depth for McCoy....going to ride McCoy, Hunt, Woodhead, and DMC into the playoffs

:fingerscrossed:

Users who are viewing this thread