What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Ezekiel Elliott, NE (4 Viewers)

I said this since September. It was absolutely crazy to not just take those first six games. The Tom Brady situation should have told him and the cowboys that he was not going to win this thing. Take your medicine and be there for your team as they're coming down the stretch. As we stand here now, I bet his fantasy owners wish he had done the same.
Man idk. He single handedly won me a couple of weeks and I have good RB depth. And he'll be fresh for a potential championship game. 

Would be a tough choice 

I said this since September. It was absolutely crazy to not just take those first six games. The Tom Brady situation should have told him and the cowboys that he was not going to win this thing. Take your medicine and be there for your team as they're coming down the stretch. As we stand here now, I bet his fantasy owners wish he had done the same.
But what if he's innocent? Take your medicine anyway? Not sure if I could do that. 

You guys hanging onto him? I'm tempted to dump him in my short bench league. Even at 9-1 there's no guarantee of making the SB. 6 weeks off to return against the Seattle D isn't a great recipe IMO.

Not a chance I'd drop him. He's a rb1 against anyone, even the Seattle matchup mentioned. We're talking about winning 1 or 2 playoff games and then plugging him in for the ship. Easy hold.

You guys hanging onto him? I'm tempted to dump him in my short bench league. Even at 9-1 there's no guarantee of making the SB. 6 weeks off to return against the Seattle D isn't a great recipe IMO.
I will be holding him although I'm not sure I expect him to play his normal snaps week 16 as I wonder if the Cowboys will be legitimately in the hunt for a playoff spot. I question if they will win another game all year except for possibly against the Giants. The Eagles are about to embarrass them this week. That will carry over against the Chargers and then the snowball will be too big to stop. There are too many negatives surrounding the Cowboys right now. 

My only hope is that Jerry's vendetta will spell the end for the tyrannical dictator. If anyone can spearhead the attack it's probably him.

Holding on to him.  I have one year left on his contract for a keeper league, so the decision is a no brainer.  However, even if it wasn't a keeper league, I would hold him if at all possible with hopes of a Brady like post suspension vengeance game on his return.  Maybe Garrett is coaching for his job, too, and knows after dropping a bunch of games winning the last two of the season on Elliot's back is what it would take to keep his job at that point?

Holding!

At the very least he won't be used against me should I get that far. I think he still has a chance to lessen the suspension too but have not been following closely. 

is it possible the end result of this December 1 hearing is he gets reinstated and eligible for week 13 (12/3/17)?
In a Zeke thread, any question that starts "Is it possible..." should be answered "yes" at this point.

"Is it possible that Zeke has an identical twin who signs with the Cowboys this week while his brother is out of the country?"

"Yes."

"Is it possible that Donald Trump forces the NFL to reinstate Elliott by threatening antitrust action?"

"Yes."

"Is it possible that Elliott is a visitor from an alien world that will now anihilate all life on earth, having taken offense to our treatment of him?"

"Yes."

In a Zeke thread, any question that starts "Is it possible..." should be answered "yes" at this point.

"Is it possible that Zeke has an identical twin who signs with the Cowboys this week while his brother is out of the country?"

"Yes."

"Is it possible that Donald Trump forces the NFL to reinstate Elliott by threatening antitrust action?"

"Yes."

"Is it possible that Elliott is a visitor from an alien world that will now anihilate all life on earth, having taken offense to our treatment of him?"

"Yes."
sorry, i should have phrased my question better... i meant is it even possible to get a ruling from a judge that day? or do these type of hearings typically take several days.... ? more a legal procedural question.... i understand the ruling itself is a total wild card..  @otb_lifer correctly identified week 13 is totally out of the picture due to thursday 11/30 game

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry, i should have phrased my question better... i meant is it even possible to get a ruling from a judge that day? or do these type of hearings typically take several days.... ? more a legal procedural question.... i understand the ruling itself is a total wild card..  @otb_lifer correctly identified week 13 is totally out of the picture due to thursday 11/30 game
Fair enough.

The last hearing before a single judge did have a ruling later the same day so that is possible.

Appeals like this with multiple judges havent produced any same-day rulings in this or the Brady case, though, so I think it unlikely.

I will be holding him although I'm not sure I expect him to play his normal snaps week 16 as I wonder if the Cowboys will be legitimately in the hunt for a playoff spot. I question if they will win another game all year except for possibly against the Giants. The Eagles are about to embarrass them this week. That will carry over against the Chargers and then the snowball will be too big to stop. There are too many negatives surrounding the Cowboys right now. 

My only hope is that Jerry's vendetta will spell the end for the tyrannical dictator. If anyone can spearhead the attack it's probably him.
Cmon dude. Boys were looking past Atlanta. 

Cowboys win 27-17

Cmon dude. Boys were looking past Atlanta. 

Cowboys win 27-17
Hope you're right. But at the moment, we have no left tackle, no Zeke, the receiving corp is hobbled and the heart of the defense is out. Even without all of those problems we would struggle mightily to beat arguably the best team in football.

We are about to get destroyed for real.

35-10 ish

Hope you're right. But at the moment, we have no left tackle, no Zeke, the receiving corp is hobbled and the heart of the defense is out. Even without all of those problems we would struggle mightily to beat arguably the best team in football.

Good schtick :lol:
And you call yourselves fans. The Eagles have never once been the best team and they are going down. 

.....and this why Cowboy fans get a bad rap too.  Just saying...
Oh cmon dude. You know I'm not a obnoxious Cowboys fan. I'm not suggesting we're going to win the Super Bowl every year. 

I just have a good feeling about this game. I believe that Dak won't allow us to crumble like last week. The Cowboys have generally sucked vs Atlanta the past 20 years. The best thing that happened to the Cowboys was losing like they did last week. The Eagles will come in thinking they can win easily and get punched in the mouth. 

If Im wrong, I'm wrong. This isn't life or death. 

Oh cmon dude. You know I'm not a obnoxious Cowboys fan. I'm not suggesting we're going to win the Super Bowl every year. 

I just have a good feeling about this game. I believe that Dak won't allow us to crumble like last week. The Cowboys have generally sucked vs Atlanta the past 20 years. The best thing that happened to the Cowboys was losing like they did last week. The Eagles will come in thinking they can win easily and get punched in the mouth. 

If Im wrong, I'm wrong. This isn't life or death. 
You are a good guy best I can tell. I just don't share any optimism going into this game. The only peace I get for this week is that I have zero expectations, so I can't be disappointed.

You should be banned from this thread.  It's ridiculous that you are allowed to continue doing this.
Relax Precious. If you're that sensitive, you can simply block everyone who doesn't agree with you. He insinuated that Elliott was totally innocent and was suspended for nothing. I said Oh Stop.  You think that's banable? lol  We get it. He's your number one pick. You took the chance and got burned. It doesn't mean everyone has to agree with your opinion. Toughen up a little and appreciate varying viewpoints. 

We are about to get destroyed for real.

35-10 ish
I can't see that happening. NFC East games are wars. And the game is a prime time game in Dallas.  The crowd will be lit.  Keep in mind, the Giants are one of the worst teams in the league and the Eagles only won because of a 61 yard field goal. I see Philly winning, but I think it'll be close. 

JuniorNB said:
Relax Precious. If you're that sensitive, you can simply block everyone who doesn't agree with you. He insinuated that Elliott was totally innocent and was suspended for nothing. I said Oh Stop.  You think that's banable? lol  We get it. He's your number one pick. You took the chance and got burned. It doesn't mean everyone has to agree with your opinion. Toughen up a little and appreciate varying viewpoints. 
You aren't offering a viewpoint.  You are putting your fingers in your ears and saying "lalalalalalala" anytime someone suggests that maybe, just maybe, the guy is innocent.  But please, keep up with the fishing and the name calling.

Bankerguy said:
Funny story....My son who is 7 is a good little hockey player.  At his game this week, he scored a beauty goal and proceeded to do the Zeke feed me motion. I almost soiled myself from laughing so hard.  It was all kinds of awesome.
When Zeke does it it's terrible.

When a 7 y.o. hockey player does it it rules!

You aren't offering a viewpoint.  You are putting your fingers in your ears and saying "lalalalalalala" anytime someone suggests that maybe, just maybe, the guy is innocent.  But please, keep up with the fishing and the name calling.
Not true. I've spoken numerous times on the subject. There have been three incidents already in this kid's short career. My opinion is and always has been that he should have manned-up and taken the six games at the beginning of the season. The Brady incident should have told him that he wasn't getting out of it. I also happen to believe 100% that he beat that woman. If he, and the Cowboys, were smart, they'd have gotten the suspension over with and had Zeke ready to roll for the most important part of the season. Instead, they did the opposite. Every steroid guy claims innocence. "Must have been an ingredient I wasn't aware of in my protein powder". If not for the video, Ray Rice would have talked his women into saying it never happened. These guys realize that these things kill any chance of endorsements, so they fight them tooth and nail. Zeke is young. Hopefully he learned some valuable lessons and straightens out.  In the meantime, it's another example of Dallas taking chances with low-character players and getting burned. (Hardy, Gregory, etc).

Now, would you agree that I'm offering a viewpoint? (Don't confuse a varying viewpoint as not offering one)

Dropped him for Kenyan Drake Monday night and no one else has picked him up yet. Short bench league and I can’t afford to carry dead weight in hopes of being able to start him week 16.

Thanks Zeke - you were worth the 3rd rounder but I need someone who is on the field, not hanging out in Amsterdam.

Not true. I've spoken numerous times on the subject. There have been three incidents already in this kid's short career. My opinion is and always has been that he should have manned-up and taken the six games at the beginning of the season. The Brady incident should have told him that he wasn't getting out of it. I also happen to believe 100% that he beat that woman. If he, and the Cowboys, were smart, they'd have gotten the suspension over with and had Zeke ready to roll for the most important part of the season. Instead, they did the opposite. Every steroid guy claims innocence. "Must have been an ingredient I wasn't aware of in my protein powder". If not for the video, Ray Rice would have talked his women into saying it never happened. These guys realize that these things kill any chance of endorsements, so they fight them tooth and nail. Zeke is young. Hopefully he learned some valuable lessons and straightens out.  In the meantime, it's another example of Dallas taking chances with low-character players and getting burned. (Hardy, Gregory, etc).

Now, would you agree that I'm offering a viewpoint? (Don't confuse a varying viewpoint as not offering one)
Definitely appreciate an actual viewpoint and never mind a varying viewpoint.  That's the whole reason I enjoy this board.

Anybody who sees Zeke as a model citizen is failing to face reality.  He could have and should have been suspended easily for at a minimum conduct detrimental to the league.

On the flip side, there doesn't appear to be compelling and overwhelming evidence that he beat his former girlfriend.  If anything, the evidence available is stronger than she had a vendetta and set out to ruin him.  

Reasonable people should be able to look at both sides and discuss this, rather than outright dismissing contrarian views as absurd --- which is what you've been doing previously anytime an opposing view is brought up.

Hope you have a great day.

Definitely appreciate an actual viewpoint and never mind a varying viewpoint.  That's the whole reason I enjoy this board.

Anybody who sees Zeke as a model citizen is failing to face reality.  He could have and should have been suspended easily for at a minimum conduct detrimental to the league.

On the flip side, there doesn't appear to be compelling and overwhelming evidence that he beat his former girlfriend.  If anything, the evidence available is stronger than she had a vendetta and set out to ruin him.  

Reasonable people should be able to look at both sides and discuss this, rather than outright dismissing contrarian views as absurd --- which is what you've been doing previously anytime an opposing view is brought up.

Hope you have a great day.
This what should have happened. Not calling him a DV offender when the lead investigator recommended no punishment.

Roger got pressured from Mara and Blank to suspend Zeke and went back on what he had already told Jerry. All in exchange for a sweet recommendation from the committee to extend him with a jet and free healthcare for life. He completely botched this.

Is Zeke droppable in a short bench league for David Johnson?  Trying to be a little ahead of the curve and it appears that DJ might be back.

Users who are viewing this thread