Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Faust

Official Dynasty & Redraft: RB Ezekiel Elliott, Cowboys

9 hours ago, themeistersinger said:

From Ian Rappoport

Now officially suspended, #Cowboys RB Zeke Elliott is leaving the country for an undisclosed location to clear his head & train, sources say
4:09 AM - 12 Nov 2017

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/929682644400566272

Not sure what to make of this.  Trying to decide whether to hold him until Week 16 or just cut him.  I can definitely use the roster spot.

footage

• Like 2

I think he is going the Ricky Williams route of overseas training. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sinn Fein said:

So I see we resolved who will replace Elliot: Nobody.

Come on, give the Cowboys a break. Sure, it would be nice if they had a plan to replace him, but it's not like they had any advanced warning that this could happen.

14 minutes ago, smcindoe said:

Come on, give the Cowboys a break. Sure, it would be nice if they had a plan to replace him, but it's not like they had any advanced warning that this could happen.

Yea, too bad they only had 4 offensive linemen.

• Like 1

You guys hanging onto him? I'm tempted to dump him in my short bench league. Even at 9-1 there's no guarantee of making the SB. 6 weeks off to return against the Seattle D isn't a great recipe IMO.

• Like 1

Not a chance I'd drop him. He's a rb1 against anyone, even the Seattle matchup mentioned. We're talking about winning 1 or 2 playoff games and then plugging him in for the ship. Easy hold.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tommy Collins said:

You guys hanging onto him? I'm tempted to dump him in my short bench league. Even at 9-1 there's no guarantee of making the SB. 6 weeks off to return against the Seattle D isn't a great recipe IMO.

I will be holding him although I'm not sure I expect him to play his normal snaps week 16 as I wonder if the Cowboys will be legitimately in the hunt for a playoff spot. I question if they will win another game all year except for possibly against the Giants. The Eagles are about to embarrass them this week. That will carry over against the Chargers and then the snowball will be too big to stop. There are too many negatives surrounding the Cowboys right now. 

My only hope is that Jerry's vendetta will spell the end for the tyrannical dictator. If anyone can spearhead the attack it's probably him.

Holding on to him.  I have one year left on his contract for a keeper league, so the decision is a no brainer.  However, even if it wasn't a keeper league, I would hold him if at all possible with hopes of a Brady like post suspension vengeance game on his return.  Maybe Garrett is coaching for his job, too, and knows after dropping a bunch of games winning the last two of the season on Elliot's back is what it would take to keep his job at that point?

• Like 1

is it possible the end result of this December 1 hearing is he gets reinstated and eligible for week 13 (12/3/17)?

Holding!

At the very least he won't be used against me should I get that far. I think he still has a chance to lessen the suspension too but have not been following closely. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, iamkoza said:

is it possible the end result of this December 1 hearing is he gets reinstated and eligible for week 13 (12/3/17)?

Yes

6 minutes ago, iamkoza said:

In a Zeke thread, any question that starts "Is it possible..." should be answered "yes" at this point.

"Is it possible that Zeke has an identical twin who signs with the Cowboys this week while his brother is out of the country?"

"Yes."

"Is it possible that Donald Trump forces the NFL to reinstate Elliott by threatening antitrust action?"

"Yes."

"Is it possible that Elliott is a visitor from an alien world that will now anihilate all life on earth, having taken offense to our treatment of him?"

"Yes."

11 minutes ago, iamkoza said:

they play Washington on a Thursday nighter the day prior to the hearing (11/30), so no way for week 13. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Arodin said:

In a Zeke thread, any question that starts "Is it possible..." should be answered "yes" at this point.

"Is it possible that Zeke has an identical twin who signs with the Cowboys this week while his brother is out of the country?"

"Yes."

"Is it possible that Donald Trump forces the NFL to reinstate Elliott by threatening antitrust action?"

"Yes."

"Is it possible that Elliott is a visitor from an alien world that will now anihilate all life on earth, having taken offense to our treatment of him?"

"Yes."

sorry, i should have phrased my question better... i meant is it even possible to get a ruling from a judge that day? or do these type of hearings typically take several days.... ? more a legal procedural question.... i understand the ruling itself is a total wild card..  @otb_lifer correctly identified week 13 is totally out of the picture due to thursday 11/30 game

Edited by iamkoza

3 minutes ago, iamkoza said:

sorry, i should have phrased my question better... i meant is it even possible to get a ruling from a judge that day? or do these type of hearings typically take several days.... ? more a legal procedural question.... i understand the ruling itself is a total wild card..  @otb_lifer correctly identified week 13 is totally out of the picture due to thursday 11/30 game

Fair enough.

The last hearing before a single judge did have a ruling later the same day so that is possible.

Appeals like this with multiple judges havent produced any same-day rulings in this or the Brady case, though, so I think it unlikely.

56 minutes ago, iamkoza said:

And he'll be in Prague. Or Vanuatu.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ourmanflint said:

I will be holding him although I'm not sure I expect him to play his normal snaps week 16 as I wonder if the Cowboys will be legitimately in the hunt for a playoff spot. I question if they will win another game all year except for possibly against the Giants. The Eagles are about to embarrass them this week. That will carry over against the Chargers and then the snowball will be too big to stop. There are too many negatives surrounding the Cowboys right now. 

My only hope is that Jerry's vendetta will spell the end for the tyrannical dictator. If anyone can spearhead the attack it's probably him.

Cmon dude. Boys were looking past Atlanta. 

Cowboys win 27-17

8 minutes ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

Cowboys win 27-17

We are about to get destroyed for real.

35-10 ish

5 minutes ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

Cowboys win 27-17

Hope you're right. But at the moment, we have no left tackle, no Zeke, the receiving corp is hobbled and the heart of the defense is out. Even without all of those problems we would struggle mightily to beat arguably the best team in football.

I will be holding him although I'm not sure I expect him to play his normal snaps week 16 as I wonder if the Cowboys will be legitimately in the hunt for a playoff spot.

FootballOutsiders is now projecting that the Cowboys have a 20.4% chance of making the playoffs.

17 minutes ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

Cowboys win 27-17

Good schtick :lol:

14 minutes ago, Bankerguy said:

35-10 ish

11 minutes ago, ourmanflint said:

Hope you're right. But at the moment, we have no left tackle, no Zeke, the receiving corp is hobbled and the heart of the defense is out. Even without all of those problems we would struggle mightily to beat arguably the best team in football.

2 minutes ago, The General said:

Good schtick :lol:

And you call yourselves fans. The Eagles have never once been the best team and they are going down. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bankerguy said:

.....and this why Cowboy fans get a bad rap too.  Just saying...

Oh cmon dude. You know I'm not a obnoxious Cowboys fan. I'm not suggesting we're going to win the Super Bowl every year. 

I just have a good feeling about this game. I believe that Dak won't allow us to crumble like last week. The Cowboys have generally sucked vs Atlanta the past 20 years. The best thing that happened to the Cowboys was losing like they did last week. The Eagles will come in thinking they can win easily and get punched in the mouth. 

If Im wrong, I'm wrong. This isn't life or death. 

3 minutes ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

Oh cmon dude. You know I'm not a obnoxious Cowboys fan. I'm not suggesting we're going to win the Super Bowl every year. 

I just have a good feeling about this game. I believe that Dak won't allow us to crumble like last week. The Cowboys have generally sucked vs Atlanta the past 20 years. The best thing that happened to the Cowboys was losing like they did last week. The Eagles will come in thinking they can win easily and get punched in the mouth. 

If Im wrong, I'm wrong. This isn't life or death. 

You are a good guy best I can tell. I just don't share any optimism going into this game. The only peace I get for this week is that I have zero expectations, so I can't be disappointed.

Funny story....My son who is 7 is a good little hockey player.  At his game this week, he scored a beauty goal and proceeded to do the Zeke feed me motion. I almost soiled myself from laughing so hard.  It was all kinds of awesome.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Bankerguy said:

.....and this why Cowboy fans get a bad rap too.  Just saying...

That's a reach. Noone is allowed to be optimistic now?

54 minutes ago, Joe Summer said:

FootballOutsiders is now projecting that the Cowboys have a 20.4% chance of making the playoffs.

Sounds about right.

39 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

That's a reach. Noone is allowed to be optimistic now?

:goodposting:

It was one game against a good team without 3 of our very best players. We just got the offense rolling before last week. 

Its a week to week league. Can't overreact. 

• Like 2

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 8:50 PM, Alex P Keaton said:

You should be banned from this thread.  It's ridiculous that you are allowed to continue doing this.

Relax Precious. If you're that sensitive, you can simply block everyone who doesn't agree with you. He insinuated that Elliott was totally innocent and was suspended for nothing. I said Oh Stop.  You think that's banable? lol  We get it. He's your number one pick. You took the chance and got burned. It doesn't mean everyone has to agree with your opinion. Toughen up a little and appreciate varying viewpoints. 

12 hours ago, Bankerguy said:

35-10 ish

I can't see that happening. NFC East games are wars. And the game is a prime time game in Dallas.  The crowd will be lit.  Keep in mind, the Giants are one of the worst teams in the league and the Eagles only won because of a 61 yard field goal. I see Philly winning, but I think it'll be close. 

46 minutes ago, JuniorNB said:

Relax Precious. If you're that sensitive, you can simply block everyone who doesn't agree with you. He insinuated that Elliott was totally innocent and was suspended for nothing. I said Oh Stop.  You think that's banable? lol  We get it. He's your number one pick. You took the chance and got burned. It doesn't mean everyone has to agree with your opinion. Toughen up a little and appreciate varying viewpoints. 

You aren't offering a viewpoint.  You are putting your fingers in your ears and saying "lalalalalalala" anytime someone suggests that maybe, just maybe, the guy is innocent.  But please, keep up with the fishing and the name calling.

13 hours ago, Bankerguy said:

Funny story....My son who is 7 is a good little hockey player.  At his game this week, he scored a beauty goal and proceeded to do the Zeke feed me motion. I almost soiled myself from laughing so hard.  It was all kinds of awesome.

When Zeke does it it's terrible.

When a 7 y.o. hockey player does it it rules!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Alex P Keaton said:

You aren't offering a viewpoint.  You are putting your fingers in your ears and saying "lalalalalalala" anytime someone suggests that maybe, just maybe, the guy is innocent.  But please, keep up with the fishing and the name calling.

Not true. I've spoken numerous times on the subject. There have been three incidents already in this kid's short career. My opinion is and always has been that he should have manned-up and taken the six games at the beginning of the season. The Brady incident should have told him that he wasn't getting out of it. I also happen to believe 100% that he beat that woman. If he, and the Cowboys, were smart, they'd have gotten the suspension over with and had Zeke ready to roll for the most important part of the season. Instead, they did the opposite. Every steroid guy claims innocence. "Must have been an ingredient I wasn't aware of in my protein powder". If not for the video, Ray Rice would have talked his women into saying it never happened. These guys realize that these things kill any chance of endorsements, so they fight them tooth and nail. Zeke is young. Hopefully he learned some valuable lessons and straightens out.  In the meantime, it's another example of Dallas taking chances with low-character players and getting burned. (Hardy, Gregory, etc).

Now, would you agree that I'm offering a viewpoint? (Don't confuse a varying viewpoint as not offering one)

12 minutes ago, FBG Moderator said:

Please be way cooler. Focus on the topic and taking shots at other posters.

Understood

• Like 1

Dropped him for Kenyan Drake Monday night and no one else has picked him up yet. Short bench league and I can’t afford to carry dead weight in hopes of being able to start him week 16.

Thanks Zeke - you were worth the 3rd rounder but I need someone who is on the field, not hanging out in Amsterdam.

25 minutes ago, JuniorNB said:

Not true. I've spoken numerous times on the subject. There have been three incidents already in this kid's short career. My opinion is and always has been that he should have manned-up and taken the six games at the beginning of the season. The Brady incident should have told him that he wasn't getting out of it. I also happen to believe 100% that he beat that woman. If he, and the Cowboys, were smart, they'd have gotten the suspension over with and had Zeke ready to roll for the most important part of the season. Instead, they did the opposite. Every steroid guy claims innocence. "Must have been an ingredient I wasn't aware of in my protein powder". If not for the video, Ray Rice would have talked his women into saying it never happened. These guys realize that these things kill any chance of endorsements, so they fight them tooth and nail. Zeke is young. Hopefully he learned some valuable lessons and straightens out.  In the meantime, it's another example of Dallas taking chances with low-character players and getting burned. (Hardy, Gregory, etc).

Now, would you agree that I'm offering a viewpoint? (Don't confuse a varying viewpoint as not offering one)

Definitely appreciate an actual viewpoint and never mind a varying viewpoint.  That's the whole reason I enjoy this board.

Anybody who sees Zeke as a model citizen is failing to face reality.  He could have and should have been suspended easily for at a minimum conduct detrimental to the league.

On the flip side, there doesn't appear to be compelling and overwhelming evidence that he beat his former girlfriend.  If anything, the evidence available is stronger than she had a vendetta and set out to ruin him.  

Reasonable people should be able to look at both sides and discuss this, rather than outright dismissing contrarian views as absurd --- which is what you've been doing previously anytime an opposing view is brought up.

Hope you have a great day.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Alex P Keaton said:

Definitely appreciate an actual viewpoint and never mind a varying viewpoint.  That's the whole reason I enjoy this board.

Anybody who sees Zeke as a model citizen is failing to face reality.  He could have and should have been suspended easily for at a minimum conduct detrimental to the league.

On the flip side, there doesn't appear to be compelling and overwhelming evidence that he beat his former girlfriend.  If anything, the evidence available is stronger than she had a vendetta and set out to ruin him.  

Reasonable people should be able to look at both sides and discuss this, rather than outright dismissing contrarian views as absurd --- which is what you've been doing previously anytime an opposing view is brought up.

Hope you have a great day.

This what should have happened. Not calling him a DV offender when the lead investigator recommended no punishment.

Roger got pressured from Mara and Blank to suspend Zeke and went back on what he had already told Jerry. All in exchange for a sweet recommendation from the committee to extend him with a jet and free healthcare for life. He completely botched this.

17 minutes ago, Bankerguy said:

This what should have happened. Not calling him a DV offender when the lead investigator recommended no punishment.

Roger got pressured from Mara and Blank to suspend Zeke and went back on what he had already told Jerry. All in exchange for a sweet recommendation from the committee to extend him with a jet and free healthcare for life. He completely botched this.

This sounds like one of those 9-11 conspiracy theories. Roger Goodell gains nothing from having one of his league's biggest stars sit out 6 games.  Same as when he made his ruling on Tom Brady.  This Sunday's Cowboys/Eagles prime time game would much juicier if Zeke was playing. Goodell and the NFL gain nothing having him miss time. If he's guilty of anything, it may be overcompensating for his initial soft punishment on Ray Rice. But nothing as sinister as you're suggesting. 

2 minutes ago, JuniorNB said:

This sounds like one of those 9-11 conspiracy theories. Roger Goodell gains nothing from having one of his league's biggest stars sit out 6 games.  Same as when he made his ruling on Tom Brady.  This Sunday's Cowboys/Eagles prime time game would much juicier if Zeke was playing. Goodell and the NFL gain nothing having him miss time. If he's guilty of anything, it may be overcompensating for his initial soft punishment on Ray Rice. But nothing as sinister as you're suggesting. 

I don't think its out of the question. It was being reported that Goodell was being pressured to suspend Zeke. https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-owners-reportedly-pressuring-roger-goodell-to-suspend-cowboys-zeke-elliott/

I keep seeing this thread at the top of page 1 thinking there is hot news about suspension, appeal, etc.

32 minutes ago, JuniorNB said:

I would argue that overcompensating for Ray Rice and levying a harsher penalty on Zeke than is justified is pretty damn sinister.

You and others are willing to consider Zeke a woman beater even though he has never even been charged and has never received a remotely fair process by the NFL. The NFL's decision to punish and punish severely plays a role in this perception. If the NFL is willing to treat Zeke even a little unfairly for their own PR benefit they are pretty evil.

16 minutes ago, electric Ape said:

I would argue that overcompensating for Ray Rice and levying a harsher penalty on Zeke than is justified is pretty damn sinister.

You and others are willing to consider Zeke a woman beater even though he has never even been charged and has never received a remotely fair process by the NFL. The NFL's decision to punish and punish severely plays a role in this perception. If the NFL is willing to treat Zeke even a little unfairly for their own PR benefit they are pretty evil.

6 games is the league standard now for domestic abuse. The number 6 wasn't an arbitrary choice by Goodell. I think the league, in general, may overcompensate a bit because of what was perceived as light penalties before.

11 minutes ago, JuniorNB said:

6 games is the league standard now for domestic abuse. The number 6 wasn't an arbitrary choice by Goodell. I think the league, in general, may overcompensate a bit because of what was perceived as light penalties before.

True. But many would argue that levying ANY punishment against Zeke is overcompensating.

He was investigated heavily by police and they elected not to charge him.

The NFL sent only one investigator to interview the alleged victim and she concluded the victim was lying and recommended no charges.

This is purely a he said / she said case where the she has zero credibility, why is he being suspended at all?

With all the craziness that we witness in the world, I'm shocked people still doubt conspiracies. Just because you dont know the motive doesnt mean it isnt shady. Still, people trusting the commish's judgement over the cops, prosecutors and the person in charge of the investigation. With all this commish has done, you trust him, because the punishment is against a player you dislike? Seems fair.

To think Zeke should have been suspended 6 games shows an obvious bias, and you are taking your beliefs over actual facts. It clear a few Eagles fans in here have that bias.

Edited by WheelsUp