Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Faust

Official Dynasty & Redraft: RB Ezekiel Elliott, Cowboys

Excited to get him back into my lineup, dealt Diggs and Henry to get him knowing I'd likely lose him for these 6 games, then somehow made the championship game anyways starting Morris nearly every week. 

On 11/15/2017 at 5:00 PM, tjnc09 said:

lol, but do you burn a roster spot for a long shot championship game week 16 vs Seattle? 

I did and with a little luck it worked out.  Seattle is a wreck on defense and both teams are still in the playoff hunt. 

And reports are out that Zeke is absolutely ripped and in the best shape of his life.  

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/look-ezekiel-elliott-is-ripped-after-spending-past-six-weeks-training-in-mexico/

Ive gotta believe he’s going to be super motivated to prove something in his return and I think he will EAT.   Perfect storm brewing for owners who burned that spot for 6 weeks. 

• Like 3

Well, I was 6-3 with Zeke, and only 3-2 in the Division.  Finished the last 2 games of the regular season 2-2, but my 8-5 record allowed me to back into a Bye even though I had none of the tie breakers in my division.  (Helps to play in this year's soft division, and also post the lowest Points Against in the league this year).  So my record was 3-2-Bye with Zeke out.  Still alive!  

How did everybody else do before/during the suspension?  I'm sure hoping to reap the rewards this week.

5 minutes ago, themeistersinger said:

Well, I was 6-3 with Zeke, and only 3-2 in the Division.  Finished the last 2 games of the regular season 2-2, but my 8-5 record allowed me to back into a Bye even though I had none of the tie breakers in my division.  (Helps to play in this year's soft division, and also post the lowest Points Against in the league this year).  So my record was 3-2-Bye with Zeke out.  Still alive!  

How did everybody else do before/during the suspension?  I'm sure hoping to reap the rewards this week.

I was 5-4 and went 3-1 in the regular season without him, secured a bye and rolled easily last week.  The guy I am facing in the final pulled a heavily lopsided trade (he sent Pats D, R Anderson and A Collins and received Jags D, T Hill and Kamara) at the deadline so I am hoping to send him home in the finals with a loss due to him angering the fantasy gods.  Run wild Zeke. 

19 hours ago, themeistersinger said:

Lost once with him, and twice without him.  We have an auction/keeper format, so I came in stacked after the draft anyway, but it helped I had Dion Lewis for cheap and he emerged at a good time, and I snagged Kenyon Drake on waivers to help a couple of weeks as well.

Still looking forward to have him back in the lineup though.

On 10/30/2017 at 8:10 PM, phandango said:

We're currently fourth overall in the FFPC Main Event. This could cost us a bunch of money, but we drafted Zeke over Hunt at third overall because we didn't want to take a chance on the rookie, and at the time everyone was guaranteeing that Elliott would play out the year. Gambled and lost.

Our team is currently in second place in the FFPC Main Event, 1.8 points behind the leader. First place wins $250,000. We get Zeke back this week.

• Like 8

What do people think his return means for dak?  Clearly a tale of two offenses with zeke in vs out and that telegraphs to Dak's numbers as well.  

52 minutes ago, dnurk said:

Looks like he was back at practice in full as expected today and took all first team reps.  Get ready to fire him up boys. 

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2750288-ezekiel-elliott-practices-with-cowboys-for-1st-time-since-nfl-suspension

I fired him up when the game with Oakland ended!

Giddy Up,

Tex

• Like 1

On 12/20/2017 at 1:25 PM, phandango said:

Our team is currently in second place in the FFPC Main Event, 1.8 points behind the leader. First place wins $250,000. We get Zeke back this week.

Wow. What does second place get? How many on your team to split your winnings?

• Like 1

Whoa. Good luck.

• Like 1

On 12/20/2017 at 4:25 PM, phandango said:

Good luck. Your team is insane.

• Like 1

Who does your roster consist of?

I assume some variation of these gents: Kamara, Kelce, Ertz, Gurley, Thielen

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Just Win Baby said:

Wow. What does second place get? How many on your team to split your winnings?

There are four of us who run the team together. Second place gets $30k, third gets $15k, fourth gets $10k on down. 

5 hours ago, ahartig said:

Who does your roster consist of?

I assume some variation of these gents: Kamara, Kelce, Ertz, Gurley, Thielen

None of them. :lol: 

Cam, Zeke, Ingram, Hopkins, Landry, Davante, Funchess, Gronk and Ravens D, plus Agholor and Latavius on our bench. 

• Like 1

Zeke is still my #1 overall dynasty player. I think he comes close to 2K rushing yards this year. The line should be better and the offense IS Zeke. The Cowboys know their path to the playoffs runs through an ability to run the football and will give Zeke a massive workload.

Edited by Ack88

On 12/23/2017 at 0:36 PM, phandango said:

There are four of us who run the team together. Second place gets $30k, third gets $15k, fourth gets $10k on down. 

None of them. :lol: 

Cam, Zeke, Ingram, Hopkins, Landry, Davante, Funchess, Gronk and Ravens D, plus Agholor and Latavius on our bench. 

So what happened?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Faust said:

Regardless of how much of that situation you attribute to Zeke himself, it had to be hard riding that suspension rollercoaster each week. Ongoing legal troubles where we could all lose a proportionate amount of our own income could certainly affect the job performance of the best of us.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jeaton6 said:

So what happened?

Todd Gurley happened. :lol: But we didn't have him. :(

We finished the FFPC main event at ninth overall. Top eight finishers all had Gurley. 

He remains my #1 overall player, regardless of format. Monster workload, versatile skill set, excellent o-line, and passing game good enough maintain some balance.

2,000 yards rushing is not out of the question. 

2 hours ago, Ack88 said:

He remains my #1 overall player, regardless of format. Monster workload, versatile skill set, excellent o-line, and passing game good enough maintain some balance.

2,000 yards rushing is not out of the question. 

It’s funny for a guy who’s averaged over 125 yards and exactly 1 td a game  that people talk about him like he’s a safe, low-ceiling player. 

Zeke is after that contract the Gurley got make no mistake about and he’s going to put it all on the field! Bell has been trying to set the market but he kept getting tagged, Gurley set the market and now Zeke has a target.

Tex

33 minutes ago, BigTex said:

Zeke is after that contract the Gurley got make no mistake about and he’s going to put it all on the field! Bell has been trying to set the market but he kept getting tagged, Gurley set the market and now Zeke has a target.

Tex

Huh?  He’s signed for two more years, and the team has an option for 2020.  He’s not going to hit a contract year for a while, and the notion that players “put it all on the field” is questionable anyway, but to extend it 3 years out?  C’mon man!

8 minutes ago, Bayhawks said:

Huh?  He’s signed for two more years, and the team has an option for 2020.  He’s not going to hit a contract year for a while, and the notion that players “put it all on the field” is questionable anyway, but to extend it 3 years out?  C’mon man!

That’s not exactly what I’m saying but don’t worry about it. What I’m saying goes pass what you’re saying. We’ll look back at my comment when certain news break only then will my comment make any sense.

Go Zeke!

Tex

3 minutes ago, BigTex said:

That’s not exactly what I’m saying but don’t worry about it. What I’m saying goes pass what you’re saying. We’ll look back at my comment when certain news break only then will my comment make any sense.

Go Zeke!

Tex

:confused:

2 minutes ago, socrates said:

:confused:

I know....I’m sorry!!!! It’ll make sense in time lol!

Tex

Just now, BigTex said:

Tex

No worries :thumbup:

How soon can the Cowboys even talk contract extension with him?  Don't rookies now HAVE TO play out their rookie deals, or at least get to the last year of them?

29 minutes ago, BigTex said:

Tex

Are you from the future?

• Like 2

Just now, Dr. Octopus said:

Are you from the future?

Lol, no! Certain conversations need to stay where they are. It’s not my place. Everything is good!

Tex

17 minutes ago, matttyl said:

How soon can the Cowboys even talk contract extension with him? 

Next year

21 minutes ago, matttyl said:

How soon can the Cowboys even talk contract extension with him?  Don't rookies now HAVE TO play out their rookie deals, or at least get to the last year of them?

Gurley got extended and he's heading into Year 4 - they didn't tear up his Year 4 and 5th year option though they just added years onto it.

Just now, menobrown said:

Next year

You sure?  This says he can't get a deal for 2 more years, and was written just a few days ago.  They can keep him next year for under $4m, then 5th year option him (transition tag amount for him) in 2020 for around $10m or so.  Then franchise tag him annually for ~$12-13m a year.  At that point he'd be 28, and no idea how much wear on him.  And he's not exactly a poster child off the field, either.  I think an extension, like what Gurley just got, for an annual amount near what the tag would be, is the most likely outcome - and that's at least a year or two away.

Just now, matttyl said:

You sure?  This says he can't get a deal for 2 more years, and was written just a few days ago.  They can keep him next year for under $4m, then 5th year option him (transition tag amount for him) in 2020 for around $10m or so.  Then franchise tag him annually for ~$12-13m a year.  At that point he'd be 28, and no idea how much wear on him.  And he's not exactly a poster child off the field, either.  I think an extension, like what Gurley just got, for an annual amount near what the tag would be, is the most likely outcome - and that's at least a year or two away.

Yes I'm sure and so should you be. See: Gurley, Todd.

• Like 1

Just now, menobrown said:

Yes I'm sure and so should you be. See: Gurley, Todd.

Right, he got an extension, though - not a new deal.  He'll still play out the 4th year of his original rookie deal this season, and then next year will be the equivalent to his 5th year option.  My question was, could the Rams have given him a new deal last week rather than tacking on years two years away?  Doesn't he contractually have to play out his 4th year with the way these new rookie deals are structured?

Just now, matttyl said:

Right, he got an extension, though - not a new deal.  He'll still play out the 4th year of his original rookie deal this season, and then next year will be the equivalent to his 5th year option.  My question was, could the Rams have given him a new deal last week rather than tacking on years two years away?  Doesn't he contractually have to play out his 4th year with the way these new rookie deals are structured?

You specifically asked when he could get an extension.

All I know is players can renegotiate their contract after 3 seasons. I can't say I've paid a lot of attention to if they got years just tacked on or redid contracts,  when talking guaranteed money really makes no difference to me. But I'd guess they can full on redo their deals since I know someone like Carr got paid $5M in base salary alone in his 4th season.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BigTex said:

Go Zeke!

Tex

Oh, OK.  Now I understand.:loco:

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Bayhawks said:

He’s not going to hit a contract year for a while, and the notion that players “put it all on the field” is questionable anyway, but to extend it 3 years out?  C’mon man!

The Rams just re-did Gurley with 2 years remaining.  If they do it now, then in two years when new money is coming in, the cap is going up, the CBA is looming to expire, they may end up paying a whole lot more.

22 hours ago, matttyl said:

Gurley's existing deal was modified.  The only requirement is that the player must complete 3 years of his rookie contract before they can begin negotiating any kind of new one.  The article quoted was flat out wrong.  Exact CBA language:

(k) Renegotiations.
(i) A Rookie Contract for a Drafted Rookie may not be renegotiated, amended or altered in any way until after the final regular season game of the player’s third contract year.
(ii) A Rookie Contract for an Undrafted Rookie may not be renegotiated, amended or altered in any way until after the final regular season game of the player’s second contract year.

Ezekiel Elliott is expected to be used more in the passing game this season.

Elliott upped his catches from 2.1 per game as a rookie to 2.6 last season, but he is looking to do more this year. "I think it's just an opportunity to elevate my game, an opportunity to show that I can do more," Elliott said. "In the past, I really wasn't asked to run as many complex routes but now I have a couple of more routes to add to my route tree." Elliott is worthy of an early pick in the first round even if his role in the passing game does not grow, but more receptions would help him compete with the likes of Todd Gurley and Le'Veon Bell for the top-overall designation.

Source: Dallas Morning News 

Aug 13 - 10:50 AM

• Like 1

Looks like DAL All-Pro center just diagnosed with Guillian Barre syndrome and Zach Martin is injured. How are the team's backups at these positions? Zeke good enough to be productive behind a subpar oline?

• Like 1

Making me a bit nervous. Two of the best at their position cannot be replaced easily. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Payne said:

Making me a bit nervous. Two of the best at their position cannot be replaced easily. 

Tyron is not great at staying healthy either

Edited by Cowboysfan8

I'm very nervous also they're probably gonna miss Frederick all yr , Martin banged up and starting a rookie guard so their interior oline very suspect I'm contemplating Barkley over Zeke in ppr 

I think from what I've read they will be "ok" with Looney at C as long as Williams is ok.

If any of the other OL miss time they're ####ed imo.

Will be interesting to see if they trade for anyone once they get an idea how much time Fred is going to miss

I have the 3rd pick in a draft next weekend, was planning to take EE if he was there, not sure now