What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Patriots being investigated after Colts game (2 Viewers)

Percent of NFL teams actively trying to steal play sheets?

• 0%

Votes: 90 33.0%
  • 25%

Votes: 91 33.3%
  • 50%

Votes: 19 7.0%
  • 75%

Votes: 16 5.9%
  • 100%

Votes: 57 20.9%

• Total voters
Stephen Brown ‏@PPVSRB 16m16 minutes agoNew York, USA
Kessler: "We’ve now put into the public record Mr. Brady’s personal issues about a pool cover that appeared on national television!"

Stephen Brown ‏@PPVSRB 15m15 minutes agoNew York, USA
Kessler has moment of clarity: Calls this "the most overblown issue" he's ever dealt with in his career.
You missed some of the texts:

Stephen Brown@PPVSRB 17m17 minutes agoMassapequa Park, NY
Kessler: After all this money, all this investigation, he couldn’t get beyond…at least he was generally aware something may have happened."

Stephen Brown@PPVSRB 8m8 minutes agoNew York, USA
But Kessler concedes Brady should have conducted himself differently with Wells.

Reading through the dialogue... the trial seems to have gone pretty significantly in favor of Brady.
Really? if anything I'd say it was a toss up but the biggest thing from all of that imo was Brady's own lawyer saying that Brady believes something may have happened with this.

Reading through the dialogue... the trial seems to have gone pretty significantly in favor of Brady.
Really? if anything I'd say it was a toss up but the biggest thing from all of that imo was Brady's own lawyer saying that Brady believes something may have happened with this.
What's "big" about that? Brady believing something may have happened doesn't mean he was involved or responsible for whatever happened.

What's "big" about that? Brady believing something may have happened doesn't mean he was involved or responsible for whatever happened.
It is big in the sense that even Brady thinks something happened, just that he wasn't involved. That alone shoots down all of the arguments that claimed that this was a witchhunt and that there were no intentionally deflated footballs.

If anything, that just helps support the NFL's position that something was done from a Patriots perspective.

:lol: at ANYONE who reads that full exchange and thinks it went in favor of the NFL or was a toss up

Last edited by a moderator:
What possible offer could Brady offer the NFL after today? It would be hard to offer anything I would think, other than Brady agreeing to not sue their ###.

:lol: at ANYONE who reads that full exchange and thinks it went in favor of the NFL or was a toss up
:shrug:

Brady's lawyer in an effort to save his client just validated the fine/loss of draft picks that the NFL levied against the Patriots.

It is big in the sense that even Brady thinks something happened, just that he wasn't involved. That alone shoots down all of the arguments that claimed that this was a witchhunt and that there were no intentionally deflated footballs.

If anything, that just helps support the NFL's position that something was done from a Patriots perspective.
I think when people say it is a witch hunt (at least from my perspective) it is in regards to a witch hunt on the Patriots and Brady, not that the world isn't perfect in relation to the amount of air in an NFL football in the cold weather.

The judge focused his questions not on process (which both sides expected) but on the evidence. That is the best case scenario for Brady's camp as well as his focus on just the AFC Championship game.

NFL needs to up their offer.

And there are still those that will defend him m and think the NFL would lose in court.

:lmao:
Make no mistake. The NFL WILL lose in court. In terms of reputation, for sure, and in terms of losing the case, likely.
lol
It's tugging on Superman's cape. There are just certain players that the NFL is going to look like shat against, short of a video showing the person in the act. This leaves too much reason for reasonable doubt in too many people's minds of a very polarizing player for this not to get ugly.
Too soon to call this one??

I think the NFL should just give Brady a $25K fine and try to save themselves. At least the Brady haters would cling to him agreeing to punishment and therefore must be guilty.

I think the NFL should just give Brady a $25K fine and try to save themselves. At least the Brady haters would cling to him agreeing to punishment and therefore must be guilty.
There will be dimwits who cling to this no matter how badly the NFL gets clobbered for having no case... Just gotta stay out of some folks way as they stumble through life in their own strange world.

This should have been the initial punishment and it should have ended there. However this thing has dragged on so long that I am not sure what to think anymore.

@PatriotsExtra: "Judge Berman told the NFL that they better come to grips that a settlement in favor of the NFLPA is very possible"

Claimed source is schefter

This should have been the initial punishment and it should have ended there. However this thing has dragged on so long that I am not sure what to think anymore.
Maybe they could fine Brady the cost of the Wells report cause we cant have the NFL losing money.

Brady is going to get showered in apologies from the haters who have been at his throat all summer.
There isn't an outcome, even complete vindication that would draw apologies from that crowd.
and what outcome would make Pat fans admit something actually did happen and/or Brady was involved?

Like I said pages back, both sides will remain unconvinced either way.
Difference is, federal court looks like they are about to take a stand that one side is right, and one side are just bitter ;)

Fine for illegally using stickem' for enhanced grip; $8600

Fine for illegally allegedly using lower air pressure* for enhanced grip:

$1MM, two first round draft picks, 4 games, etc

:lol: what a racket

*which is still in dispute

Hard to believe

Don't forget: Fine for going over salary cap in uncapped year and league approving said contracts in question - $10M or $36M.

So....reading the tweets quickly and skimming the last 4 pages that I've missed. Essentially what we got out of court today was:

1. NFL evidence is lacking in the judge's eyes.

2. Brady's lawyers admit Brady handled this incredibly poorly.

3. NFLPA lawyers are essentially conceding the fact the deflation happened but Brady was unaware.

Did I miss anything else outside of this? I'll concede I didn't read the whole transcript or anything else, but I don't see anyone coming out of this looking like they "won".

My idea of a possible settlement: $50k and 1 game for being uncooperative

I read no settlement and that the NFLPA does not believe the balls were deflated
Bad wording on my part. Changed above. That was my idea on the outcome.

Stephen Brown ‏@PPVSRB 20m20 minutes agoMassapequa Park, NY
Kessler: "It is conceivable Mr. McNally thought it would be something that would be good for his QB. That makes a certain logical sense."

I read the above as admission of it happening, perhaps taken out of context.

So....reading the tweets quickly and skimming the last 4 pages that I've missed. Essentially what we got out of court today was:

3. NFLPA lawyers are essentially conceding the fact the deflation happened but Brady was unaware.

Did I miss anything else outside of this? I'll concede I didn't read the whole transcript or anything else, but I don't see anyone coming out of this looking like they "won".

the bold is way off and/or adding your own spin to the facts. Nothing wrong with doing that but don't present it as fact.

Brady is going to get showered in apologies from the haters who have been at his throat all summer.
There isn't an outcome, even complete vindication that would draw apologies from that crowd.
and what outcome would make Pat fans admit something actually did happen and/or Brady was involved?

Like I said pages back, both sides will remain unconvinced either way.
If they showed me proof that they did what they are saying they did I would change my tune without needing a court judgement.

No player has been suspended for not cooperating before. Probably not going to happen now.

They are leaving the door open on 3, because no one has proved it happened yet - but if it did, Brady was unaware. Its not an admission by the NFLPA or NE that something happened.

Important distinction.

No player has been suspended for not cooperating before. Probably not going to happen now.
Particularly given Goodell event told Brady there would be no penalty for not turning over the phone/texts, from what I understand.

4. Judge rolls eyes at idea ball boys would deflate balls without Brady's knowledge.

Users who are viewing this thread