What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WSL2 DISCUSSION THREAD (1 Viewer)

The way QB's have been flying off the board, I thought it best to grab Dalton to go with Tannehill. Not many "sure thing" starters left and Dalton is as close to a sure thing as anyone who's left.

Tony Romo

Jay Cutler

Eddie Lacy
Alfred Morris

DeAndre Hopkins
Torrey Smith

Travis Kelce

Doubt I end up with Cutler on too many of my "real" teams but if he falls outside the top 16 and I can pair him with a steady performer like Romo, he might actually end up on quite a few of my best ball teams. He's inconsistent and lacks the upside of some QBs left - I would not want him as my QB1, but this pair should provide a good QBBC.

Yeah, didn't want to comment until after the expected QB run was solidily under way...

Took the risk at the 4/5 turn of not taking a QB "early" knowing the run was coming. Laid all the QB's out and, of course worst case scenario happened - I hoped to get at least Eli to team with one of these shaky QB's.

Figured Rudy and or Fro would bypass QB2 after spending for a top QB1...

Thought about sloshing QB till much later and piecing together some rooks/projects but, decided to just grab 2 starters now.

Could be some upside with Kaepernick...Flacco seems pretty stable so, not end of the world in best play.

Is it just me, or is there a lot of hopeful optimism being sold, errrr, presented in the previous few posts?

My favorite part of these early drafts is seeing and hearing everyone's thoughts on who they took, who they were excited to get, and such.

Keep up the conversations! Awesomeness.

Is it just me, or is there a lot of hopeful optimism being sold, errrr, presented in the previous few posts?

My favorite part of these early drafts is seeing and hearing everyone's thoughts on who they took, who they were excited to get, and such.

If you're referring to my comment that Romo/Cutler make a good QBBC, why wouldn't they?

If you're referring to my comment that Romo/Cutler make a good QBBC, why wouldn't they?
It's ALL Hopeful optimism this time of year ; )

Not like the QB run is a surprise to anyone.... Best Ball does allow mediocre Qb's to catch up a little tho...

If you add up even Kaep and Flacco from last year taking the best scores they add up to a top 6 QB....

I think both QB's can put up better numbers - I'd hope both teams also add a top WR.

you were only one of three consecutive. Cutler is usually great in best ball and a due of him and Romo should be excellent. I am sure that I am among a legion who were significantly disappointed in Cutler's production this season and at this point, should we be fooled by his performances? He will not be on any of my redraft teams in 2015 outside of best ball UNLESS he drops farther than I expect.

It's ALL Hopeful optimism this time of year ; )

Not like the QB run is a surprise to anyone.... Best Ball does allow mediocre Qb's to catch up a little tho...

If you add up even Kaep and Flacco from last year taking the best scores they add up to a top 6 QB....

I think both QB's can put up better numbers - I'd hope both teams also add a top WR.
agree, all teams are 0-0 and the slate is clean. I was excited by the run to a point, but now I am one of many with one solid player and what will we find under this rock?

1.8 Jimmy Graham - 2PPR for TE and TE2 floor made this one pretty easy

2.9 Alshon Jeffery - Cutler adds a little risk, but best of WR left and 5 of 7 picking before my next pick started w RB, so WR easy choice

3.8 Lamar Miller - Would have possibly been pick at 2.9 if I went RB. Given more work in last two games and he responded. Arrow pointing up

4.9 Giovani Bernard - PPR mainstay even w Hill getting 20+ carries and still a big play threat. No WR stood out here. Hard to pass on Morris too

5.8 Doug Martin - Kind of punting WR bc I feel more confident about later value in best ball. Seriously considered Stewart too, but Martin came on late

6.9 Matthew Stafford - Predictable QB run pick. QB5-12 or so very level

7.8 Derek Carr - Didn't want to be without a steady QB2, and news of no huddle this AM only helps his weekly ceiling

Picks I wish I could have made

2.06 krsone21- AJ Green WR8 CIN

3.01 Reaper - Brandon Marshall WR15 CHI

4.03 Norseman - Andre Ellington RB15 ARZ

4.12 FUBAR - Alfred Morris RB19 WAS

5.05 FUBAR - Torrey Smith WR34 BAL

6.05 HellToupee - Cam Newton QB7 CAR

I went With Gronk for the first pick b/c, if you can't beat em join em - I want some of that Cheatin' BS garbage on my side for once.....
Guess it was too much to hope that he'd fall to #5

I suspect he'll fall more in other drafts later this off-season, but he's one of the safer bets in the 1st (barring injury).

Fairly happy with Lacy, one of the top young backs in the league. He should just be entering his prime while others in his tier are declining.
Lacy over Forte/Charles is interesting. Seems like Lacy is still trying to climb to where they already are

I was very tempted to go with Brown or Forte at 1.4 instead of Murray. But he did catch a lot of passes this year, and I'm hoping the Cowboys include him even more next year in the passing game.
not sure he's going to be a Cowboy. Signs point to no, but lotta ballgame left

1.11 Antonio Brown WR PIT

2.06 A.J. Green WR CIN

I can't complain about this start. A.J. Green was banged up this season if he can stay healthy all next season Brown and Green could be a really good round 1 & 2 pick.
Green was exceptional value. this duo could give you quite the headstart if you can nail a later RB pick or two

Ingram at 2.14?! :shock:

Something I don't know....?
I admit to not being a consistent group-think guy, but MI was 2014's #14 RB (total points) in this format while missing 3 games. With 5 of the guys ahead of him turning 29 or 30 this year and he being 25 and completely healthy, I think he's top 12 if he stays in NO and higher if he goes somewhere they really need a lead dog. Sorry if I startled you.
RB scarcity is magnified in 16 teamer forces hand earlier. this one will be interesting to track... Ingram says NO wants him back...

Regretting C.J. Anderson in the 2nd now. Didn't want to start RB-RB but decided to just take my highest ranked available, regardless of position. It was close with him, Sanders, and Evans, and I should have seen that a mini-run on WR was coming and taken one of the two.
big range of outcomes here w Kubiak in town. Who knows what he thinks of Ball, etc...

3.9 Josh Gordon WR Cle
3.11 Carlos Hyde RB 49ers
I debated for about 20 minutes this morning between these two and Kelce. Gordon's one of those picks who could almost win this thing for you or be a waste. Hyde has real potential, his stock will probably rise by August.
I think Hyde will be the starter in SF this next season so as long as he stays healthy he could be a real good get in the back half of the 3rd round. *crosses fingers*
SF would be smart to bring back Gore and he won't go away quietly if they do... but we can't count on SF to be smart after what went down w Harbaugh

Since my last pick, 13 RBs were taken from 24 picks, leaving the cupboard almost bare. I'll take a shot with Forsett, who will hopefully sign a team friendly contract with the Ravens who gave him an opportunity in 2014.
easy pick in this format... if it ain't broke... wish i had had the guts to take him over martin.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went With Gronk for the first pick b/c, if you can't beat em join em - I want some of that Cheatin' BS garbage on my side for once.....
Guess it was too much to hope that he'd fall to #5

I suspect he'll fall more in other drafts later this off-season, but he's one of the safer bets in the 1st (barring injury).

Fairly happy with Lacy, one of the top young backs in the league. He should just be entering his prime while others in his tier are declining.
Lacy over Forte/Charles is interesting. Seems like Lacy is still trying to climb to where they already are
Admittedly, he doesn't do as well in PPR. But his star is rising while the others are setting.

Alex Smith seemed like the last safe QB pick left on the board. He isn't exciting but he is the starting QB in KC. I can see Smith getting me 4-5 scoring weeks during the season. He does have a few big games every season. The rest of the QB's are either big question marks or 2nd year QB's in iffy situations or rookies.

Love the QB run. Get them while they're hot!

Funny that for the most part we all waited longer than I expected but now the floodgates are open.

never envisioned taking Bortles in the 7th but being on the tail end of this epic QB run it makes sense too me

Anybody ever watch the old sitcom "everybody loves Raymond" episode where they buy fruit for his mom? Raymond, make it stop, no more fruit!

I feel the same way, no more QBs

1.02 Fullback Fro - LeVeon Bell - RB1 PIT

2.15 Fullback Fro - Drew Brees QB3 NO

3.02 Fullback Fro - Jeremey Maclin WR16 PHI

4.15 Fullback Fro - Melvin Gordon RB21 ROOK

5.02 Fullback Fro - Anquan Boldin WR32 SF

6.15 Fullback Fro - Eli Manning QB14 NYG

7.02 Fullback Fro - Larry Fitzgerald WR40 ARZ
There are still some things that need to fall into place with my WR's contracts but its nothing I think that are huge obstacles. The Eagles need Maclin and he came through last year in a big way. I think that gets ironed out. I think Larry is open to a paycut as well. I see good faith on both sides on that one. Big believer in getting a good QB in these hence the early pick on Brees. Was considering P.Manning there, but his up and down end of the season scared me off. E.Manning picked it up once ODB exploded. Loving that connection. Overall I'm carrying a fair amount of risk (uncertian wr contracts, rookie RB) and a fair amount of safe picks (QB's, Bell, Boldin) that I'm right in line with where I comfortable.

QB - Ben Roethlisburger

RB - Arian Foster

Andre Ellington

WR - Odell Beckham Jr.

Julian Edelman

TE - Delaine Walker

Coby Fleener

Nick Foles

Matt Forte

CJ Anderson

Jordan Matthews

Mike Wallace

Andre Johnson

Antonio Gates

Felt great about my first two picks, then went downhill from there. I missed two opportunities to get in early on position runs, and it resulted in some big reaches in Nick Foles and Jordan Matthews (although I could have had Watkins instead of Matthews, which will haunt me all season).

Fullback Fro said:

There are still some things that need to fall into place with my WR's contracts but its nothing I think that are huge obstacles. The Eagles need Maclin and he came through last year in a big way. I think that gets ironed out. I think Larry is open to a paycut as well. I see good faith on both sides on that one. Big believer in getting a good QB in these hence the early pick on Brees. Was considering P.Manning there, but his up and down end of the season scared me off. E.Manning picked it up once ODB exploded. Loving that connection. Overall I'm carrying a fair amount of risk (uncertian wr contracts, rookie RB) and a fair amount of safe picks (QB's, Bell, Boldin) that I'm right in line with where I comfortable.
The way the market receives Maclin is going to be very interesting indeed... Guessing PHI draws a line in the sand and sees if anyone will overpay him. I'd say 50% he's back in PHI, but not higher. Fitz I think will stay and could be a nice pick. Interesting to see the old men WRs fall in 6th/7th even in a 16 teamer. Wide range of outcomes for Gordon, all comes down to destination... high weekly QB scores and Bell could keep you afloat either way

Nick Foles

Matt Forte

CJ Anderson

Jordan Matthews

Mike Wallace

Andre Johnson

Antonio Gates

Felt great about my first two picks, then went downhill from there. I missed two opportunities to get in early on position runs, and it resulted in some big reaches in Nick Foles and Jordan Matthews (although I could have had Watkins instead of Matthews, which will haunt me all season).
I have no problems with a high-risk, high-reward approach to these drafts. A team that's good enough to consistently finish 8th or 9th place every week usually winds up getting you booted out in ... 8th or 9th place.

Personally I love the Foles / Matthews stack as I agree with Bloom ... there's a good chance Kelly won't want to pony up top-10 WR money for Maclin and I don't see #18 giving my Birds any sort of hometown discount ... he doubled down on himself and came up 21; good for him, he's gonna get paid somewhere. And I'd much, much rather have a potential #1 WR on a Chip Kelly offense than the #1 WR on a Rex Ryan-coached sinking ship of a Buffalo offense.

IMO with this squad you're more likely to get booted in September than the average team but also more likely to make it into December. Nothing wrong with that.

Nick Foles

Matt Forte

CJ Anderson

Jordan Matthews

Mike Wallace

Andre Johnson

Antonio Gates

I have no problems with a high-risk, high-reward approach to these drafts. A team that's good enough to consistently finish 8th or 9th place every week usually winds up getting you booted out in ... 8th or 9th place.

Personally I love the Foles / Matthews stack as I agree with Bloom ... there's a good chance Kelly won't want to pony up top-10 WR money for Maclin and I don't see #18 giving my Birds any sort of hometown discount ... he doubled down on himself and came up 21; good for him, he's gonna get paid somewhere. And I'd much, much rather have a potential #1 WR on a Chip Kelly offense than the #1 WR on a Rex Ryan-coached sinking ship of a Buffalo offense.

IMO with this squad you're more likely to get booted in September than the average team but also more likely to make it into December. Nothing wrong with that.
not at all. as a guy who made it to the last handful of teams in a few of these last year but didn't win any, I'd almost rather get booted early than mid-season.

Russell Wilson QB8 6.06

Alex Smith QB24 KC 7.11

Carlos Hyde RB14 SF 3.11

Jerick McKinnon RB28 MN 5.11

Antonio Brown WR2 PIT 1.11

A.J. Green WR8 CIN 2.06

Jarvis Landry WR28 MIA 4.06

Charles Clay TE17 MIA 8.06

Tony Romo

Jay Cutler

Eddie Lacy
Alfred Morris

DeAndre Hopkins
Torrey Smith

Davante Adams

Travis Kelce

Took a bit of a risk with Davante Adams in the 8th. If Cobb stays in Green Bay, he's an okay upside guy. If Cobb leaves, Adams becomes a strong #3. Considered another and hoping that he'd fall to the 9th but saw Tex drafted Cobb in the 2nd and presume he'd be likely to take Adams here (I know I would). In hindsight, I'd redo the Hopkins pick and take Cobb with Adams on the team now.

1.04 Tex - Demarco Murray

2.13 Tex - Randall Cobb

3.04 Tex - Greg Olsen

4.13 Tex - Martavis Bryant

5.04 Tex - Ahmad Bradshaw

6.13 Tex - Ryan Tannehill

7.04 Tex - Andy Dalton

8.13 Tex - Pierre Garcon

9.04 Tex - Fred Jackson

10.13 Tex - Jermaine Gresham

11.04 Tex - Cecil Shorts

12.13 Tex - Phillip Dorsett

13.04 Tex - Chris Matthews

14.13 Tex - Green Bay D/ST

15.04 Tex - Indianapolis D/ST

16.13 Tex - Chandler Catanzaro

17.04 Tex - Alfred Blue

18.13 Tex - Luke Wilson

Garcon had a down year this season but was #11 WR in 2013. I expect a comeback year from him in '15. Good value here IMO. And Freddy, the old man, isn't going away--especially as much as Rex likes to run the ball.

Nice pick with Williams, Fubar. I had thought about him at 9.04 but didn't do a search and just assumed he was already gone. My mistake and your bonus. <_<

Just a coincidence he just got picked but, My wife tore her ACL and has been talking to some of the doctors that have dealt with Victor Cruz.... I'm sure Brammel can clarify and probably has but, I wasn't aware that his injury is MUCH more intense than your standard ACL repair -> come back in 6 months deal....

Doctor told my wife he probably won't be the same.

For whatever that's worth....

But, Cruz/ODB combo is one reason i really wanted Eli....

ahhh yes... http://subscribers.footballguys.com/apps/article.php?article=14bramel_monday_rounds_7

A Patella tear..... Though it will be closer to 11 months to start of season

Just a coincidence he just got picked but, My wife tore her ACL and has been talking to some of the doctors that have dealt with Victor Cruz.... I'm sure Brammel can clarify and probably has but, I wasn't aware that his injury is MUCH more intense than your standard ACL repair -> come back in 6 months deal....

ahhh yes... http://subscribers.footballguys.com/apps/article.php?article=14bramel_monday_rounds_7

my wife did the same. Her NFL career is over.

my wife did the same. Her NFL career is over.
Told mine she's got 6 months to be back in action

Gronk did it.!!!

9.14 Eddie Royal WR SD

Usually he goes undrafted. Not saying it's a bad pick, just interesting that someone finally noticed he scores a lot.

Headed to the beach for the weekend, will check periodically on the phone so hopefully you guys do not notice that I am enjoying the beacg.

Tony Romo

Jay Cutler

Eddie Lacy
Alfred Morris

Andre Williams

Frank Gore

DeAndre Hopkins
Torrey Smith

Davante Adams

Travis Kelce

A little heavier on RBs than I planned, but I like this quartet quite a bit. Gore will be 32 but he hasn't lost a step yet. Hyde is coming on for sure but he isn't the starter yet. If Gore does move on, he'll play quite a bit still and one team he's rumored to go to is Washington - which wouldn't be horrible to have the 1/2 there but it would bring Alf's value down a tad.

Tony Romo

Jay Cutler

Eddie Lacy

Alfred Morris

DeAndre Hopkins

Torrey Smith

Davante Adams

Travis Kelce
I wasn't a huge fan of your start (thought Kelce was an unnecessary reach and couldn't believe you passed on Cobb for Hopkins) but you've been hitting it out of the park in the mid-rounds. AlMo deserved to go at least a round earlier than you got him, Torrey and Davante are really solid plays in a best-ball format, and the Romo/Cutler QBBC has top-5 potential. If you can hit on a couple of diamonds in the rough at WR4/5/6 this could be a serious contender.

Tony Romo

Jay Cutler

Eddie Lacy

Alfred Morris

DeAndre Hopkins

Torrey Smith

Davante Adams

Travis Kelce
I wasn't a huge fan of your start (thought Kelce was an unnecessary reach and couldn't believe you passed on Cobb for Hopkins) but you've been hitting it out of the park in the mid-rounds. AlMo deserved to go at least a round earlier than you got him, Torrey and Davante are really solid plays in a best-ball format, and the Romo/Cutler QBBC has top-5 potential. If you can hit on a couple of diamonds in the rough at WR4/5/6 this could be a serious contender.
Thanks.

- Kelce: I obviously could be wrong but I suspect he's about to break out big. He certainly has the potential.

- Hopkins/Cobb: was expecting to go with Cobb but the more I looked into it, the safer Hopkins seems to be. I have Cobb elsewhere and hope for the best but the free agency deal is a risk.

- agreed that the team is lacking depth at WR right now but I figure I don't need to take another RB or QB, so the next 10 rounds can include maybe up to 5 WRs and 7 or 8 total should be more than enough with some upside picks.

8.15 Fullback Fro - Devante Parker WR47 ROOK

9.02 Fullback Fro - Eric Ebron TE20 DET

10.15 Fullback Fro - Terrance Williams WR58 DAL

11.02 Fullback Fro - Pierre Thomas

11.11 Vernon Davis TE 49ers
I'm trying to figure out how much money you could have won from me if you had bet me twelve months ago that Vernon Davis would be healthy, wouldn't have retired, and would still be the 25th TE off the board in the 2015 WSLs.

11.11 Vernon Davis TE 49ers
I'm trying to figure out how much money you could have won from me if you had bet me twelve months ago that Vernon Davis would be healthy, wouldn't have retired, and would still be the 25th TE off the board in the 2015 WSLs.
Davis had a horrible 2014 season no doubt, but just the year before in 2013 he was a top 5 TE. I doubt he will be a top 5 TE this season, however if he can get somewhere around the top 12+ then he could end up being a real good pick-up here in the 11th round. With a new coaching staff who knows maybe he will get back on track. Well worth the shot in the 11th round.

Users who are viewing this thread