What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WSL 3 Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Bamac

Footballguy
Unless Bass chimes in, I say we follow protocol: give Crippler 8 hours, then move him to 1.16. If he still hasn't logged in when he's up at 16, go to Jeaton. Thoughts?

Unless Bass chimes in, I say we follow protocol: give Crippler 8 hours, then move him to 1.16. If he still hasn't logged in when he's up at 16, go to Jeaton. Thoughts?
if he hasn't logged in for 3 weeks, how do we even know he wants in still?

im willing to swap spots since I have a late pick here and had a late one in wsl 1.....would allow time to try and contact crippler or eventually replace him

Last edited by a moderator:
Forte at 1.02 felt like the safest pick. He finished 2014 as the #3 RB, 2013 at #2. His play in the passing game gives him a nice scoring floor, and I expect to see his catches drop but TDs rise. The coaching change does not scare me - CJ Anderson was the #2 scoring pack over the last 5 weeks of the season. I don't see a likely scenario where Forte is not a major part of the offense week in and week out.

1.09 - I went with DeMarco Murray.

I'm going to drop a few names here, but I don't think anything is earth-shattering as they are all first rounders in the other WSLs.

I would have taken Jimmy Graham had he fell to me.

Other considerations:

WR - Dez Bryant - Love him as the next WR, but thought I should go RB1.

WR - Calvin Johnson (I think Dez has more upside and is ascending, vs. Calvin who might be declining and is starting to get hurt more)

WR - OBJ - Love his explosiveness and nearly went with him, but I have Dez a little higher for next year

RB - DeMarco Murray - Age, injury, and contract uncertainty. If he leaves Dallas, that's a plus to Dez in my book too. But I wanted a RB1 to start and he fell too far here.

Overall, I think DeMarco or Dez is the pick here, but would love it more if I knew DeMarco was a Cowboy for sure.

1.09 - I went with DeMarco Murray.

I'm going to drop a few names here, but I don't think anything is earth-shattering as they are all first rounders in the other WSLs.

I would have taken Jimmy Graham had he fell to me.

Other considerations:

WR - Dez Bryant - Love him as the next WR, but thought I should go RB1.

WR - Calvin Johnson (I think Dez has more upside and is ascending, vs. Calvin who might be declining and is starting to get hurt more)

WR - OBJ - Love his explosiveness and nearly went with him, but I have Dez a little higher for next year

RB - DeMarco Murray - Age, injury, and contract uncertainty. If he leaves Dallas, that's a plus to Dez in my book too. But I wanted a RB1 to start and he fell too far here.

Overall, I think DeMarco or Dez is the pick here, but would love it more if I knew DeMarco was a Cowboy for sure.
As discussed in the draft thread, I messed up and took the wrong guy in the draft thread. Attempted to correct it, but too late.

I now have Dez, and Ref has DeMarco. Sorry for the confusion and making everyone else confused. Won't happen again - I'll try and pick with more time available to me and not eff it up again.

Surprised at the love morris gets in ppr he was the rb25 in my ppr says rb17 in this format so not far off from his adp but suprised still

Surprised at the love morris gets in ppr he was the rb25 in my ppr says rb17 in this format so not far off from his adp but suprised still
He's one of the safer bets among running backs right now and IIRC 2014 was his worst year.

He fell further in WSL2.

Had to take Bennett there. Great season last year and Gase might even add value.

WR/RB/TE start also give me flexibility for next few picks.

Really did not plan to start with three receivers but Gordon's upside is too much to pass on.

At least Beckham, Hilton and gordon will be a tough trio to beat.

Matthew Stafford
Teddy Bridgewater

CJ Anderson
Branden Oliver
Dan Herron
Jerrick McKinnon

Desean Jackson
Mike Evans
Anquan Boldin
Robert Woods
Cole Beasley

Antonio Gates

Owen Daniels

Hauschka
Suisham

Philly

Matt Forte

Jeremy Maclin

DeAndre Hopkins

Martavis Bryant

Roddy White

This draft is setting up as a WR minimalist.

R Wilson

J Stewart

B Marshall

G Tate

R Gronkowski

Erm, well, it wasn't the plan going in to hitch the wagon to J Stew. The QB runs can be disastrous in these so I had to get ahead of the game there. It is so tough to find a balance after going TE in the 1st. I hope Gronk can stay healthy.

QB Joe Flacco. Eli Manning

RB: Marshawn Lynch, Melvin Gordon

WR: Jordy Nelson, Torrey Smith

I like the Lynch pick if he plays. I think over 50-50 that the guy is back but if not it helps my dynasty teams. If he goes not than could be trouble.

Gordon is a wild card but the type that can win for you. I did not like the rest of the RB's here and 2 RB's is a must

Nelson is easy pick as one of my fav players and with Rodgers, Guy is fun to watch.

Smith is probably something I could have let go on bye but unless going QB, I am fine with him. WR value probably later on

Forced to go 2 QB and I had planned that earlier today but Rivers, Big Ben or Stafford was the goal from the other drafts. Flacco as my #2 would have been good but I missed on all 3 of them and took Eli. Couple other QB's I thought about but the weapons of Beckum and Cruz made me take him even though I wonder how bad of a pick it will end up being.

Not a bad team but not a terrible one either

1.09 Jeff Pasquino -- Dez Bryant, WR2 DAL
2.08 Jeff Pasquino -- Jeremy Hill, RB10 CIN

3.09 Jeff Pasquino -- Martellus Bennett, TE5 CHI

4.08 Jeff Pasquino -- Andre Ellington, RB19 ARI

5.09 Jeff Pasquino -- Ben Roethlisberger, QB9 PIT

6.08 Jeff Pasquino -- Colin Kaepernick, QB19, SF

Took the approach of getting a stud WR, 2 strong Top 20 RBs and a Top 5 TE.

Added 2 QBs at a position where things get sketchy after 22-25 guys go off the board.

Chosen shortfall (as you must choose one in 16-team leagues) is WR. I think WR is very deep and that I can recover from it. Time (and the next several rounds) will tell.

Echoed your QB strategy Jeff. Buyers remorse on DJax. Should've grabbed Forsett there. Thought he would make it back to me but broncos stole him. Wound up with Gates which was on my short list along with Brees.

Stafford
Bridgewater

CJ Anderson
Jerick McKinnon

Dan Herron

Desean Jackson
Mike Evans
Anquan Boldin

Robert Woods

Antonio Gates

3.10 Peyton Manning

1.10 DeMarco Murray

2.07 Adrian Peterson

4.07 Julian Edelman

5.10 Vincent Jackson

6.07 Jason Witten

I'll take it.......

QB - Palmer

RB - Bell, Spiller

WR - Sanders, Floyd, Adams

TE - Thomas

Some thoughts. 7.1 ended up being a dead spot for me. You guys pick my board clean. Really wanted Harvin there. Palmer was the last of the good QBs for me. I think he was top ten this year based on ppg. Really consistent and good enough to not grab a bag of poo because everyone else is doing it. End up going Adams for his upside if Cobb leaves. Even as a WR3 in GB he has great value in a BB format.

Feel good about my RB start. Won't have to burn a ton of more picks there. Thomas may have been a reach, but I believe injury slowed him this year.

Floyd seems to be a value pick this year. Seems discounted to his price last year, but that was due to the QB situation, not his performance. Surprised to see Sanders finished as WR5 last year.

Overall a decent start and not really behind at any position.

loading up at WR

QB - LUCK

RB - LACY

WR - WATKINS, LANDRY, FITZGERALD, STILLS

TE - KELCE
Not as excited about that group as you are after Watkins. Worried about Landry with Wallace gone. Stills seems to have limited upside in that offense and it wouldn't shock me to see NO get Brees another toy.

The Gordon pick is setting me back big time, so taking a riskier approach to try to make up for it. So a few of the picks have been and are going to continue to be different than if my 3rd round pick were actually playing this year.

Cam Newton

Mark Ingram

Todd Gurley

Odell Beckham

TY Hilton

John Brown

(Josh Gordon)

Dwayne Allen

If I could redo the Gordon pick, pretend I took Keenan Allen instead this looks a whole lot different. First, I probably don't take Gurley (although I might have) and might have gone with the more conservative Witten (2nd order effect would have meant taking a RB not yet drafted instead of Allen). Second, I don't take Brown in the 8th - there's another guy I'd have taken but now he would have been a luxury pick and the hole at receiver would be too big.

ETA: as Ref took him, I can mention that I would have (and almost did anyway) taken Reed instead of Brown if not for the gap at WR. They're in the same tier IMO, went with need over luxury.

With 4 more picks

QB Joe Flacco. Eli Manning

RB: Marshawn Lynch, Melvin Gordon. Shane Vereen

WR: Jordy Nelson, Torrey Smith, Michael Crabtree

TE: Kyle Rudolph, Austin Sefrani-Jenkins

I like the Lynch pick if he plays. I think over 50-50 that the guy is back but if not it helps my dynasty teams. If he goes not than could be trouble.

Gordon is a wild card but the type that can win for you. I did not like the rest of the RB's here and 2 RB's is a must

Vereen gives me a guy who should get me points each week with the occasional TD

Nelson is easy pick as one of my fav players and with Rodgers, Guy is fun to watch.

Smith is probably something I could have let go on bye but unless going QB, I am fine with him. WR value probably later on

I love Crabtree as my #3 WR,. I expect him to go somewhere that takes advantage of his talent. He will be on every team if he lasts this long

Forced to go 2 QB and I had planned that earlier today but Rivers, Big Ben or Stafford was the goal from the other drafts. Flacco as my #2 would have been good but I missed on all 3 of them and took Eli. Couple other QB's I thought about but the weapons of Beckum and Cruz made me take him even though I wonder how bad of a pick it will end up being.

MY TE is not great but I like the combo I got going on. I expect big things from Rudolph and like Sefrani-Jenkins in year 2.

LIking this team more and more with each round.

1.09 Jeff Pasquino -- Dez Bryant, WR2 DAL

2.08 Jeff Pasquino -- Jeremy Hill, RB10 CIN

3.09 Jeff Pasquino -- Martellus Bennett, TE5 CHI

4.08 Jeff Pasquino -- Andre Ellington, RB19 ARI

5.09 Jeff Pasquino -- Ben Roethlisberger, QB9 PIT

6.08 Jeff Pasquino -- Colin Kaepernick, QB19, SF

Took the approach of getting a stud WR, 2 strong Top 20 RBs and a Top 5 TE.

Added 2 QBs at a position where things get sketchy after 22-25 guys go off the board.

Chosen shortfall (as you must choose one in 16-team leagues) is WR. I think WR is very deep and that I can recover from it. Time (and the next several rounds) will tell.
7.09 Jeff Pasquino -- Steve Smith, WR44, BAL

8.08 Jeff Pasquino -- Charles Johnson, WR51, MIN

9.09 Jeff Pasquino -- Legarrette Blount, RB35 NEP

10.08 Jeff Pasquino -- James Jones, WR59, OAK

Loaded up on WR depth, as you might expect after taking just Dez in first 6 rounds. Gives me 4 reasonable options that can all find the end zone and are the most consistent targets on their respective teams (as of December).

Was slightly sniped on Vereen vs. Blount (Vereen better in PPR as we saw Sunday) but Blount is the TD guy, so he's still worth a RB3 pick.

Definitely sniped on J. Blackmon - nice pick - and if it wasn't for being in WSL3 (trailing the other drafts) he might have lasted. Oh well, I still don't know if Goodell will reinstate him after a Mary Jane arrest last July (he has to be clean for a year, according to the reinstatement policy). We'll see, but I think he will be in Stage 3 and not back until around October. He's a WR1 when active though, so worth a gamble. If he gets reinstated for Week 1, he will be a Top 40 pick for sure, so worth a pick this late.

My team is OK - not loving the WRs, but still the goal is not to win every week, just not be last.

6x champ Team BSS starting to round into shape:

QB - ANDREW LUCK

RB - Eddie Lacy, Bishop Sankey, Terrance West

WR - Sammy Watkins, Larry Fitzgerald, Jarvis Landry, Kenny Stills

TE - Travis Kelce, Vernon Davis

3.10 Peyton Manning QB DEN

1.10 DeMarco Murray RB

2.07 Adrian Peterson RB

9.10 Frank Gore RB

4.07 Julian Edelman

5.10 Vincent Jackson

7.10 Eric Decker WR NYJ

10.07 Justin Blackmon WR JAC

6.07 Jason Witten TE DAL

8.07 Jordan Reed TE WAS

(7) Decker: Not a huge fan of his situation, but a quality WR.....last years number should be the absolute floor and I expect a better year in 2015.

(8) Reed: On the way back down, Reed seemed like a nice pick as the 15th TE off the board and with Witten should give me a real nice combo

(9) Gore: finished strong last year and not done yet, will be 32 in May but will find work and I expect him to still contribute wherever it's at, I don't see him going out as as an MJD or DMC type

(10) Blackmon: good shot at being reinstated and a beast when he plays; worth the gamble in mid 10th

R Wilson

J Stewart

F Jackson

K Robinson

D Robinson

B Marshall

G Tate

A Johnson

K Wright

R Gronkowski

Texans

Mostly addressing the RB deficiency the last few rounds. The Robinsons give me a glimmer of hope of production far surpassing their draft spot. TE/WR will be the driving force behind this squad though.

Users who are viewing this thread