What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Illinois, you've got some work to do... (1 Viewer)

Hoping Rauner can pull off some type of miracle turnaround but will be moving out of Illinois in a year or 2 anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Our state totally sucks. Unless you work for the government and bring in those big salaries and/or pensions, of course.

:lmao: so glad I'm getting the #### out this summer.
What took you so long?

I was born and raised in IL, but I left Chicago for Charlotte 10 years ago and would never move back. You couldn't pay me enough to move back to CHI. Too damn expensive, too damn cold in the winter, the traffic is brutal, and the property taxes are ridiculously high. My parents pay $12K or so in property taxes on their 500K home in the CHI suburbs. I pay just a small fraction of that down here in Fort Mill SC.

Going on a scouting run to Texas in April. North Carolina was considered but way more job opportunities for me in Texas.

Heard on the radio that there was a net migration out of Illinois of 95k people last year. I can only see this trend continuing and hope to be one of those moving in the next 12-18 months.

Going on a scouting run to Texas in April. North Carolina was considered but way more job opportunities for me in Texas.

Heard on the radio that there was a net migration out of Illinois of 95k people last year. I can only see this trend continuing and hope to be one of those moving in the next 12-18 months.
Will suck to lose the beer here GB! And I am strongly thinking about Florida....shouldn't be too hard to find a job in my field.

:lmao: so glad I'm getting the #### out this summer.
What took you so long?I was born and raised in IL, but I left Chicago for Charlotte 10 years ago and would never move back. You couldn't pay me enough to move back to CHI. Too damn expensive, too damn cold in the winter, the traffic is brutal, and the property taxes are ridiculously high. My parents pay $12K or so in property taxes on their 500K home in the CHI suburbs. I pay just a small fraction of that down here in Fort Mill SC.
It's a great place to be from. I decided when I was 15 I would leave some day and finally escaped at 26. Would not go back under any circumstances.

Users who are viewing this thread