What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR DeVante Parker, Eagles. (1 Viewer)

I like Parker but reading some of the recent posts in this thread you'd think Parker had just wrapped up his 2nd straight 200 yard receiving game, rather than him looking like he's almost about to breakout (as he has looked in the past).

I like Parker but reading some of the recent posts in this thread you'd think Parker had just wrapped up his 2nd straight 200 yard receiving game, rather than him looking like he's almost about to breakout (as he has looked in the past).
Hate hate hate. 

I wish I could find a spot for him this week. Running out AJG/Tate/MBryant at WR, and Hunt/TyMont/Cook at RB/O-flex

parker in a mouthwatering matchup at the Jets. I kinda feel like Miami will get up a lot & Ajayi NYJ to death. But Parker could be part of why they get up.

cutler loves him deep and I think Parker is going to have a fine year. 

I wish I could find a spot for him this week. Running out AJG/Tate/MBryant at WR, and Hunt/TyMont/Cook at RB/O-flex

parker in a mouthwatering matchup at the Jets. I kinda feel like Miami will get up a lot & Ajayi NYJ to death. But Parker could be part of why they get up.

I think Miami wins this game, but I dont think its a blowout.  Miami is not the Patriots...its not a given that they will run away from any team on the road, nonetheless a divisional game.  Miami's defense is very beatable, even by the Jets.  They have 2 special teamers starting at LB, and Nate Allen pretending to be a safety.  Their CBs (Maxwell/Howard) are OK, but not world beaters.  Even the Jets should put up a few points at home against this defense.  I bet this game is decided by less than 10 points, and Parker remains in the gameplan throughout.

I think Miami wins this game, but I dont think its a blowout.  Miami is not the Patriots...its not a given that they will run away from any team on the road, nonetheless a divisional game.  Miami's defense is very beatable, even by the Jets.  They have 2 special teamers starting at LB, and Nate Allen pretending to be a safety.  Their CBs (Maxwell/Howard) are OK, but not world beaters.  Even the Jets should put up a few points at home against this defense.  I bet this game is decided by less than 10 points, and Parker remains in the gameplan throughout.
This is great insight on Miami Defense. Hopefully the Miami D streamers end up in here and see this and look elsewhere.  I was hot on them to start the week as my streaming option.

IMO, most of the fun and a lot of the success in FF stems from being ahead of the curve on players.

Everyone knows about Parker's potential.  If he put up 2 straight 200 yard games then the breakout would be rather obvious and the price to obtain him goes up considerably.

As you said, he's flashed before, but many of us like what we saw last week and are predicting the break out is upon us.  Like all prognostications, time will tell.

But I've had versions of this argument for over a decade.  Anyone can wait for a player to put up huge numbers before being really high on them.

Again, to me, the fun is trying to be slightly ahead of the pack on some of this stuff.

IMO, most of the fun and a lot of the success in FF stems from being ahead of the curve on players.

Everyone knows about Parker's potential.  If he put up 2 straight 200 yard games then the breakout would be rather obvious and the price to obtain him goes up considerably.

As you said, he's flashed before, but many of us like what we saw last week and are predicting the break out is upon us.  Like all prognostications, time will tell.

But I've had versions of this argument for over a decade.  Anyone can wait for a player to put up huge numbers before being really high on them.

Again, to me, the fun is trying to be slightly ahead of the pack on some of this stuff.
Preaching to the choir here.  If we were talking about something completely different, like trying to acquire the player, and not people celebrating as if Parker had already had his big season for them.

I'm talking about stuff like the people saying they feel like a genius because they traded ARob for Parker after ARob's injury, as if that had already been vindicated by Parker having his big breakout.  He's in the same spot he was when that trade was made.  Nothing has changed yet.

That is my issue.

I have Devante Parker, Alshon Jeffries, Dez Bryant and Derrick Henry to choose from for my WR2 and flex spot.

I have Henry and Jeffries slotted in right now.......and feel like I should go with my gut and keep it that way as I feel strongly Henry is the lead dog and will get the lions share today with a gimpy Murray.....and Alshon is now a clear #1 in Philly and they throw the ball a ton.

Yeah nothing is ever a slam dunk with our defense. Ever.

With that though....I feel Ajayi is the focal point, Landry still the lead dog. Parker is going to have some big games this year....and is also looking like a breakout player.....but he still has to prove it.

But wow is a he a sexy player this year with Cutler at the helm. I would not be saying this if Tanny was pulling the trigger.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is my issue.

I have Devante Parker, Alshon Jeffries, Dez Bryant and Derrick Henry to choose from for my WR2 and flex spot.

I have Henry and Jeffries slotted in right now.......and feel like I should go with my gut and keep it that way as I feel strongly Henry is the lead dog and will get the lions share today with a gimpy Murray.....and Alshon is now a clear #1 in Philly and they throw the ball a ton.
I'd be tempted to swap Parker for Jeffery. NYG pass defense is legit AF, and unless Eli finds the Fountain of Competence, that might not be a shootout. 

As a Wentz owner I'm concerned but have little alternative.

good luck. 

Currently have Parker in over Henry at the flex.  It really comes down to matchup and game script.  I could see the Dolphins sit on the lead and not throw as much.  That said, it's still early in the season and Miami needs to create chemistry in the passing game with Cutler and the wr's.  Henry is awesome but damn it's still the Seattle D, and Murray is active and should play at least some

Sat Hogan for what should have been a no-brainer start. Even when Dolphins are trailing by 20, he's got 1 catch for negative yards.

Any given Sunday biting my ### this week.

Yea, starting to feel like I drank the kook-aid here,

It's just one game, but man this is awful. It's the Jets! What the hell.

LOL.....garbage of all garbage TD's

Just goes to show you how much BS is involved in FF.....LOL gotta laugh if you are on the losing side of a play like that this week.

Early in the game, Cutler threw a long pass to Parker, but the DB grabbed him as he evaded the DB close to the LOS, which threw off the timing. Got a defensive hold, but could've been a long gainer.  He's a good start against the Saints next week in London.

God i wish I'd played him instead of MBryant. :doh:  

i should still win, but I hate leaving points on the bench. 

Early in the game, Cutler threw a long pass to Parker, but the DB grabbed him as he evaded the DB close to the LOS, which threw off the timing. Got a defensive hold, but could've been a long gainer.  He's a good start against the Saints next week in London.
Ugh.  The bolded is probably true.  But, this is the last time I am starting him if he is garbage!  I mean it. 

devante parker seems like one of those players where every offseason he is about to break out.  then the break out never happens.  repeat cycle next year

Come on. It's only the beginning of his 3rd season. 
He was going in the fourth round in August drafts. Because of a preseason touchdown pass from Cutler. Every year is going to be 'the year'. I drafted him, so I hope this truly is the year. But it's definitely starting to be a common August theme.

He was going in the fourth round in August drafts. Because of a preseason touchdown pass from Cutler. Every year is going to be 'the year'. I drafted him, so I hope this truly is the year. But it's definitely starting to be a common August theme.
He has played in 2 games this year and gone over 75 yards in both, with a TD.  Dont care how he got his stats last week, they count the same in my league.  Brand new QB that he just started working with.  I'd say so far, so good!

I guess its nice, Haters taking time too make excuses.. End of Game results?  Maybe Coach decides too punch Gas opening.. Think its fair too wanna see more, but ya all may wanna lose the Blinders soon.. As Chuck is pointing out, Only two games in...  Bad posts here, maybe lead some too question ya other posts..  Once is enough for Good or Bad.. Lets talk halfway through Season, haters..  I mean, I/Wr could be Wrong.. I kinda thought Miami, may tear *hit up this Season.. dam sure aint heard/seen much on the RB (not informed perhaps)

Claiborne shut him down, just as he did Cooper. Claiborne covered him on 68% of his routes and held him to 2 catches for 23 yards, just as he did Cooper.

I guess its nice, Haters taking time too make excuses.. End of Game results?  Maybe Coach decides too punch Gas opening.. Think its fair too wanna see more, but ya all may wanna lose the Blinders soon.. As Chuck is pointing out, Only two games in...  Bad posts here, maybe lead some too question ya other posts..  Once is enough for Good or Bad.. Lets talk halfway through Season, haters..  I mean, I/Wr could be Wrong.. I kinda thought Miami, may tear *hit up this Season.. dam sure aint heard/seen much on the RB (not informed perhaps)
Say what?

Lil Jon?

Users who are viewing this thread