What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR DeVante Parker, Eagles. (3 Viewers)

Dropped him in one league for Crowder (small bench league guy dropped him before his break out). Debating dropping him for Dede in another.
Dropped him.

Nobody picked him up.

He's no better than many other waiver wire WRs right now. Any outperformance at this point by Parker will be completely random/unpredictable. Goodbye.

There's literally no one better than this guy on our WW (maybe Agholor... yuk). With Cutler coming back, he's still a hold for me. Schedule is decent too after this week. That said, I'm playing Goodwin over him in a must win game this week.

I have no faith and he's riding my bench for DeDe Westbrook right now.  I would also consider starting T. Benjamin over him against CLE (Benjamin's original team).

@Stompin' Tom Connors I think his floor has disappeared given the last couple weeks.
Agree it's totally hard to trust his floor returns, but you still feel that way with Cutler's return?

Wishful thinking, but at this point, Denver D is much stronger against the run than it is vs the pass, and while Talib being out may open up that many more opportunities for Landry, have to think MIA will be passing to win against a Denver offense that may struggle to put up points.

There's literally no one better than this guy on our WW (maybe Agholor... yuk). With Cutler coming back, he's still a hold for me. Schedule is decent too after this week. That said, I'm playing Goodwin over him in a must win game this week.
Agholor head and shoulders above Parker. He had more touchdowns in his last game than Parker has all season.

I would definitely swap Agholor for Parker.  Much better offense with an elite QB.  Not playing on a bum ankle.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hear you guys but that Eagle schedule is rough and N.A. hasn't been much better in PPR. It's all rubbish at this point. Might even gamble on Reed...

I hear you guys but that Eagle schedule is rough and N.A. hasn't been much better in PPR. It's all rubbish at this point. Might even gamble on Reed...
What part of this schedule is rough?

@Sea, @LAR, @NYG, vs Oak weeks 13 - 16.  Seattle has lost all of their secondary.  NYG Jenkins was just put on IR.  Even against tough match ups the Eagles still put up 30+ ppg.

In the handful of games that he's played with Cutler, Parker has been solid.  5 full games together = 29/372/1  FYI that's a 16 game pace of 93/1190/3

This is a dumpster fire of a season for the Dolphins obviously.  Long term I don't see any change in Parker's dynasty value/potential.

In the handful of games that he's played with Cutler, Parker has been solid.  5 full games together = 29/372/1  FYI that's a 16 game pace of 93/1190/3

This is a dumpster fire of a season for the Dolphins obviously.  Long term I don't see any change in Parker's dynasty value/potential.
Yeah, the problem is that 6/70/0 has pretty much been both his floor and his ceiling with Cutler. If your roster is bare and you need a reliable plug-in, I guess that's OK. But the breakout we were hoping for is probably not coming. Add to that the risk that Miami's offense may be stuck in Toilet Mode and his value declines even further.

Dropped him for Aaron Rodgers as a stash. I expect him to be on the WW the rest of year...Miami offense will not turn it around.

Might pick up Goodwin with Garropolo now starting.

Stompin' Tom Connors said:
I'm here for ya, good buddy. Cutler starting is huge for me, and gives me some glimmer of hope, however misguided, that Parker can be an effective contributor to my squad. With Moore, it seemed, the chances were slim to none.
3 targets last week.

Moore doesn't think much of Parker apparently.

For some reason (I guess it's purely draft pedigree) Parker is like Sammy Watkins. Doesn't matter how underwhelming the production is, people will always make excuses for these guys and hold out hope that a breakout is just around the corner - it's nothing to do with the player, it's just situation, coaching, whatever.....and talent will always rise to the top if you are patient. Certainly dynasty is a long game and these guys were drafted high for a reason, but at some point maybe it's just not going to happen.

For some reason (I guess it's purely draft pedigree) Parker is like Sammy Watkins. Doesn't matter how underwhelming the production is, people will always make excuses for these guys and hold out hope that a breakout is just around the corner - it's nothing to do with the player, it's just situation, coaching, whatever.....and talent will always rise to the top if you are patient. Certainly dynasty is a long game and these guys were drafted high for a reason, but at some point maybe it's just not going to happen.
I agree that Parker deserves plenty of credit for not living up to what I think his potential is.

I need to admit that a lot of why I have liked Parker so much is because of watching him in college with Teddy Bridgewater. Those two had a special connection. I read about Parker and Bridgewater practicing together this offseason, which just reinvigorated my optimism for Parker. I figured Teddy recovering from a career threatening injury had to inspire Parker, and I am sure it did. At the same time my optimism is irrational.

I hate to blame a guy for getting injured, and that is what happened to Parker this year. As the OC says, Parker lost his edge after getting injured and may not have gotten it back.

I have seen flashes of Parker doing some of the great things he did in college at the pro level. But it has been too sporadic. This is his 3rd season and it is time to just see him for what he is, and that is not as good as I thought he would be.

I hope he proves me wrong and ends up being great next year like I thought he could be, but I am not trying to make excuses for him and I won't be as optimistic about him going into next season. This is his 3rd year, time to just accept that this is who he is.

In regards to Watkins, I have seen him show more at the NFL level than I have seen from Parker so far. I still think Watkins is very good. To me there is a difference between what they have proven when healthy. Both have been injured but I think Watkins injuries have been more serious than what Parker has had to overcome.

I hope your right SSND.

Last week was Parkers worst game of the year so far and it does seem like Matt Moore prefers Stills over Parker, while Cutler perhaps the other way around.

Stills is a good player don't get me wrong, but 3 targets for Parker? Come on Moore, got to give him more chances than that.

If Parker was not getting open at all though then thats on him. I didn't see their last game so I don't really know.

The last Dolphins game I saw was against the Ravens and Parker didn't play in that game. Carroo still had 8 targets in that game. So I just don't get how Parker only sees 3 targets when he played 92% of the offensive snaps.

When both Cutler and Parker have completed games together this year Parker has averaged 9 targets, 5.8 receptions, 74.4 yards and .2 TDs. That is good. Those are good numbers.

I can already envision him putting up a 6/75/1 line vs. Denver and all of the people who dropped him running to twitter/reddit to complain. That is stupid. Those are stupid people.
The scary thing is the amount that came in the last 3 minutes of games down by multiple scores. I'll be starting him out of desperation though.

My concern about starting Parker this week is his ankle.  Sprained ankles and WRs are a bad mix.  Everybody thought Davante Adams was garbage in 2015, and he more or less was.  Turns out he was just hobbled for most of the season by a high ankle sprain.  I want to see Parker do it on the field before I trust him anymore this year.  

I hope your right SSND.

Last week was Parkers worst game of the year so far and it does seem like Matt Moore prefers Stills over Parker, while Cutler perhaps the other way around.

Stills is a good player don't get me wrong, but 3 targets for Parker? Come on Moore, got to give him more chances than that.

If Parker was not getting open at all though then thats on him. I didn't see their last game so I don't really know.

The last Dolphins game I saw was against the Ravens and Parker didn't play in that game. Carroo still had 8 targets in that game. So I just don't get how Parker only sees 3 targets when he played 92% of the offensive snaps.
Something is up.  I get the Cutler prefers Parker argument.  But I watched those games and even when Cutler is starting Landry is the first read.  Parker is getting most of his yards in the 4th qtr during catch up mode with Cutler throwing up prayers down the field.  @SameSongNDance I can also see Parker doing well vs Denver if his usage is corrected by Gase.  But as Biabreakable mentioned they are not focusing on Parker like they did beginning of the year.  I truly believe Parker had a HAS.  And that ankle is limiting him.

One Dolphins beat writer Omar Kelly reported seeing Parker still limping around everywhere.  I don't know if that's true or what but he is around the locker room.

Check out this quote by Stephon Gilmore.  Sounds like Parker's ankle is limiting him from exploding off the line making cuts.  If the CB is beating him at the line of scrimmage it makes sense that Parker is only good for go routes.

“I was pressing him all the time,” Gilmore said. “He couldn’t get off it. He struggles against the press. He’s a good, deep-ball guy and has great size to make plays downfield.”

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-sp-hyde-dolphins-column-20171126-story.html

Something is up.  I get the Cutler prefers Parker argument.  But I watched those games and even when Cutler is starting Landry is the first read.  Parker is getting most of his yards in the 4th qtr during catch up mode with Cutler throwing up prayers down the field.  @SameSongNDance I can also see Parker doing well vs Denver if his usage is corrected by Gase.  But as Biabreakable mentioned they are not focusing on Parker like they did beginning of the year.  I truly believe Parker had a HAS.  And that ankle is limiting him.

One Dolphins beat writer Omar Kelly reported seeing Parker still limping around everywhere.  I don't know if that's true or what but he is around the locker room.

Check out this quote by Stephon Gilmore.  Sounds like Parker's ankle is limiting him from exploding off the line making cuts.  If the CB is beating him at the line of scrimmage it makes sense that Parker is only good for go routes.

“I was pressing him all the time,” Gilmore said. “He couldn’t get off it. He struggles against the press. He’s a good, deep-ball guy and has great size to make plays downfield.”

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-sp-hyde-dolphins-column-20171126-story.html
Last thing I saw from Kelly about Parker's ankle was weeks ago (https://twitter.com/OmarKelly/status/931595749766418433) so hope there has been ongoing healing since, but agree entirely that Parker being dinged this year is the culprit for his poor production vs expectations. 

Also have to agree that Parker looks like a guy who doesn't perform well playing through injury.

Conditions seem right for him this week, even so. Huge risk, but taking the gamble.

It isn't purely draft pedigree. On the NFL field both players have flashed genuinely special ability. Admittedly those flashes and been fewer and father between than you'd like but fantasy football is often an upside game an both players have it in a big way. It's easy to get "fantasy drunk" on players like that and make poor decisions.

With Watkins you call tell a more credible story about what has held him back and why he might ascend in the future. With Parker that's harder. In addition to being fragile and unproductive, DP also appears to have poor off field habits which might end up being the final nail in his coffin.

Cutler will be asking to get picked off if he targets Landry with Chris Harris covering him.  Essentially Parker or Stills will have a good game jump ball or not.

http://www.espn.com/blog/denver-broncos/post/_/id/29504/aqib-talibs-suspension-may-have-been-reduced-but-it-still-hurts-broncos-plenty

From a football perspective, it means Harris won't get much of a look from the Dolphins if the Broncos don't match him up on specific receivers. The past two Broncos opponents have been especially effective at isolating Bradley Roby or rookie Brendan Langley in coverage.

The Bengals went after Roby plenty -- including on a touchdown by A.J. Green -- and the Raiders went after Langley after Talib's ejection, including on a 9-yard touchdown catch by Amari Cooper. The Dolphins, with former Broncos offensive coordinator Adam Gase as their coach, figure to spread the Denver defense out, forcing it to play nickel or dime and then direct the ball away from Harris.

Cutler will be asking to get picked off if he targets Landry with Chris Harris covering him.  Essentially Parker or Stills will have a good game jump ball or not.

http://www.espn.com/blog/denver-broncos/post/_/id/29504/aqib-talibs-suspension-may-have-been-reduced-but-it-still-hurts-broncos-plenty

From a football perspective, it means Harris won't get much of a look from the Dolphins if the Broncos don't match him up on specific receivers. The past two Broncos opponents have been especially effective at isolating Bradley Roby or rookie Brendan Langley in coverage.

The Bengals went after Roby plenty -- including on a touchdown by A.J. Green -- and the Raiders went after Langley after Talib's ejection, including on a 9-yard touchdown catch by Amari Cooper. The Dolphins, with former Broncos offensive coordinator Adam Gase as their coach, figure to spread the Denver defense out, forcing it to play nickel or dime and then direct the ball away from Harris.
Great post.  I'm coming around to starting Parker in my flex this week for all these reasons.  I will be sure to keep all heavy objects away from me on Sunday to ensure I don't throw them at my TV if Parker disappoints again :)  

So Cutler played and the Dolphins spanked the Broncos (man what has happened to the Broncos?).

Same result for Parker 1 catch 5 yards.

Cutler likes Kenny Stills too.

So its not the QB.

Only excuse left is that Parker is hurt.

No excuses anymore, Parker just is not doing enough. Will not be ranking him high after this season.

And they ****ed around and did not extend Jarvis Landry.

The story of the Dolphins. Piss poor management.

So Cutler played and the Dolphins spanked the Broncos (man what has happened to the Broncos?).

So its not the QB.

No excuses anymore, Parker just is not doing enough. Will not be ranking him high after this season.
Yeah, it's over for the rest of the season at least. There's no way I'd even entertain starting him in the playoffs at this point. I read somewhere that 5 of the last 6 INTs thrown by MIA were targeted at Parker. I have a feeling that when I go back and look at them it's going to be due to some combination of him being lost and a lack of effort.

So its not the QB.

My concern about starting Parker this week is his ankle.  Sprained ankles and WRs are a bad mix.  Everybody thought Davante Adams was garbage in 2015, and he more or less was.  Turns out he was just hobbled for most of the season by a high ankle sprain.  I want to see Parker do it on the field before I trust him anymore this year.  

Parker will shock the world on MNF and be on everyone's bench 
You know what? I thought this was a distinct possibility. And still dropped him to add bench depth/options for the playoffs. At this point, even if he did blow up, would you trust him for the next game?

Happy to take a lower and more reliable floor at the WR position than have to rely on this bum again.

Users who are viewing this thread