What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR DeVante Parker, Eagles. (1 Viewer)

You know what? I thought this was a distinct possibility. And still dropped him to add bench depth/options for the playoffs. At this point, even if he did blow up, would you trust him for the next game?

Happy to take a lower and more reliable floor at the WR position than have to rely on this bum again.
Agreed! That said, how did he fare against the Pats a few weeks ago?

Agreed! That said, how did he fare against the Pats a few weeks ago?
1 measley catch, 5 freaking yards.

But that was with Moore under center. Cutler supposedly likes Parker more. But that's not going to fool me into thinking Parker's any more trustworthy than he's been these past many weeks. Gone are the days of 8+ targets, he's only been targeted 3 or 4 times last two games. Even when he was getting 8-9 targets, he only put up 6/66 and 4/26 -- terrible efficiency and performance. And only 1 TD on the year so not an RZ factor.

In the words of Pete Townshend, We Won't Get Fooled Again.

You know what? I thought this was a distinct possibility. And still dropped him to add bench depth/options for the playoffs. At this point, even if he did blow up, would you trust him for the next game?

Happy to take a lower and more reliable floor at the WR position than have to rely on this bum again.
My take as well.  Parker could blow up since he is a talented WR on a team that will be playing from behind most of this game.  I am not starting a player that has done nothing for weeks. 

It's a hell of a year when I need to start two of Parker, Keelan Cole, Decker, perriman, Kendall wright, Gerald Everett and Ricky seals Jones. Or I can start a second kicker. So the kicker it is!

I traded Hopkins for Parker and Crowell in the preseason.  I win any kvetching battle that anyone can bring my way.
I traded Jeffrey and Ebron for him. Not as bad but still.

Me too. Devante Adams gives me hope.
I was just reading a story about Rodgers once had Adams benched during his rookie season because he quit on a route. Cutler/the coaching staff doesn't seem to give a #### enough to do that even though it looks like Parker has been quitting on contested throws for weeks. 

I don’t know that Parker’s ankle ever fully healed (or if he got mentally over it). It sucks they didn’t have a true bye week for him to rest up. But, like others have said it does not look like he is playing with any fire in him. With that being said - I dropped him in both my leagues heading into the playoffs. 

Homer opinion?  I've been posting on these boards A LOOOONG time.  Just because I root for the Phins doesn't mean I'm a blind homer or irrational.  They are, at best, a wild card team this year that probably gets bounced in the first.  That, however, is a LOOONG way from the non sense that was just posted earlier in this thread.

They are a solid team.  Print this post out, post it to your fridge with a magnet and a happy face sticker and come back here at seasons end and we'll discuss the end results.

And one last thing, if you don't understand how Vegas betting lines work...then it's pointless to even engage with you.  They aren't "predicting" 7.5 wins, they are simply setting the line where the most betting is likely to occur on BOTH sides of the line.  That's how they make money...I know it's an astronomical concept to comprehend...but try it and then come back.
lol I'm here to discuss the end results.  Fourth worst point differential in the league and pythagorean win expectation of only five games.  But the homer told me they were even better than last year!

No offense...but this entire post is garbage.  You just moved here...I've lived here my entire life.  We've had plenty of teams over the years that were garbage.  This team isn't one of them.  The simple fact they got rid of Tannehill makes them better, addition by subtraction.  Last years team won 10 games and this years team has more talent.

Dolphins have a solid team.  With Pouncey back the O-line has the potential to be an above average line.  They've got 3 really good receivers and a very good running back.  The D has two good pass rushing ends and a dominant tackle.  They also get one of the best safeties in football back from injury in Rashad Jones.

I basically disagree with every syllable you typed...but other than that, hell of post.
No offense...but this entire post is garbage.

Dolphins exercised WR DeVante Parker's fifth-year team option for 2019.

This wasn't as clear cut in Parker's case as some other 2015 first-rounders, but always seemed more likely than not. The enigmatic fourth-year pro will now be due $9.4 million in 2019. That, of course, is guaranteed for injury only. Provided he can pass a physical at the start of the new league year, the Dolphins could move on from Parker without penalty if he struggles through another injury-prone and inconsistent campaign.

Source: Barry Jackson on Twitter 

Apr 24 - 3:40 PM

in redraft, he's going to be the same price he was last year... if not even a little higher based on landry leaving.... i'll probably get sucked in to the hype again fool me 3-4 times i guess shame on me

in redraft, he's going to be the same price he was last year... if not even a little higher based on landry leaving.... i'll probably get sucked in to the hype again fool me 3-4 times i guess shame on me
Same, kind of. 

I haven't taken him in redraft yet but I'm holding firm in dynasty. Will buy where he's cheap.

Omar Kelly‏Verified account @OmarKelly 9m9 minutes ago

Adam Gase said a Kenny Stills and Danny Amendola are leading the receiver group.

Dolphins coach Adam Gase said DeVante Parker has "done a great job so far this offseason."

Parker also received heaps of praise last offseason before catching 57 passes for 670 yards and one measly touchdown. Gase blames the lack of a breakout on injuries and a "little bad luck," however. "We felt like things were going really well last year. He had a really good camp," Gase said. "And then he gets the ankle. And it was legitimate." Parker's history suggests injuries could once again be a concern this year, but Jarvis Landry leaving opens up a big potential opportunity for the 2015 first-rounder if he can stay healthy.

Source: Palm Beach Post

May 10 - 12:19 PM

Omar Kelly‏Verified account @OmarKelly 9m9 minutes ago

Adam Gase said a Kenny Stills and Danny Amendola are leading the receiver group.
Talk about pulling misleading quotes. I think he got that from this article talking about Gase's annual hype of Parker: Miami Dolphins’ Adam Gase: DeVante Parker approaching offseason with purpose

Specifically this part at the end:

Gase said the presence of Kenny Stills and Danny Amendola will continue to help Parker’s growth.

“(Parker) says, ‘I’m going to work on this today,'” Gase said. “Kenny (Stills) has done a good job of guiding himself in the right direction, without holding his hand. He’s been trying to show him the right things to do. He’s been around a minute. He’s on his second contract. He knows exactly how we want to do things. He’s the leader of that room. And then adding a guy like Danny (Amendola), who has done it, and played in big time games and made big time plays in big moments and those guys watch him at 32 and he runs every route like this might be the last one. And when guys see that it just picks up the whole environment of that wide receiver group.

I can already see this playing out. I've finally rid myself of the multiple shares in dynasty, so he's going to finally put it together now. 

Fool me once.....
That's my take. While injury and general sucky QB play in Miami was a factor, there were many games when Parker was primed to showcase what he's got, and did not. Production was highly variable, and most times you'd get 60 yards on 4-5 rec and nothing else. The fact that he was not a RZ target whatsoever in this offense made him a super risky start even at flex, which was the only position you could potentially trust him. 

I don't see how the offensive gameplan has changed, and while Stills is really the only other target on their pass offense, I will gladly seek a more dependable floor instead of buying into the potential again.

Since I have washed my hands of Parker and the entire Dolphins offense now will likely be the year he blows up when I have no parts of him after sticking my neck out for this guy the last two years.

Still kicking myself for drafting Parker over Fitzgerald in one league last year.  :topcat:

I should know better.

Since I have washed my hands of Parker and the entire Dolphins offense now will likely be the year he blows up when I have no parts of him after sticking my neck out for this guy the last two years.

Still kicking myself for drafting Parker over Fitzgerald in one league last year.  :topcat:

I should know better.
It's not your fault. Gase said he was having a great off-season last year and that he was primed for a big year.

It's not your fault. Gase said he was having a great off-season last year and that he was primed for a big year.
I am done listening to him.

I took it a bit far though listening to him and expecting more up tempo and the offense to improve as a whole as well.

Yeah not going down that road again. Pass attempts did increase by 125 to 602 last season.

New Dolphins WRs coach Ben Johnson says the team is applying a "one day at a time" mentality with DeVante Parker.

"We were making these giant claims about him last year," Johnson, quite accurately, pointed out. "Now just one-day-at-a-time mentality. Keep stacking good days on top of each other." After the Dolphins tried to verbally will Parker to a breakout last season, he posted a modest 57/670/1 line across 13 games. Despite the change in tactics, Johnson stressed the team is happy with Parker. "I don’t know if there’s many guys that have spent more time in the building than him." Parker will open the year on the WR3/4 fringes in fantasy. It's a crowded receiver corps in Miami.

Source: Miami Herald 

May 31 - 3:40 PM

According to the Palm Beach Post, "Dolphins coaches say few if any players have spent more time in the building than (DeVante) Parker since last season ended."

It's notable because Parker doesn't have a great reputation for work ethic. Beat writer Joe Schad says Parker "has been focused on managing his health as well as studying film." Schad also noticed Parker running extra routes with Ryan Tannehill after a recent OTA practice. When Tannehill last stayed healthy (2016), Parker set career highs in receiving yards (744) and touchdowns (4).

Source: Palm Beach Post 

I have DeVante Parker on one team and was holding out hope that he could finally have a breakout season; however, this news was initially a little deflating to say the least.

Jeff Ratcliffe did mention yesterday that while it was not great news that Parker was struggling in beating coverage from Xavien Howard, that we shouldn’t overlook the fact that Howard is a rising star and earned some very good PFF grades towards the end of last year.

ESPN says Dolphins CB Xavien Howard is a rising star

Users who are viewing this thread