What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR DeVante Parker, Eagles. (2 Viewers)

Gase looks extremely dumb right now. Only active due to a numbers game with all the injuries and he spites Gase with this performance. 

Happy that I picked him up hours prior to the game.  He's looks like a giant when in trips next to Amendola and Grant. 

100 yards already through the 3rd quarter.

Osweiler also overthrew him very, very badly on what would have been a walk-in TD.

Hopefully he maintains some of this production once Wilson and Stills come back.
Doubt it, Gase too busy teaching Parker a “lesson” for that to happen. Only hope is if he gets traded. 

5/88 is beyond most people's expectations for him. 

But the 46 yarder counts just as much as the 65 yard TD that he should have had but didnt due to his QB overthrowing him by 10 yards when he was wide open does not count.  If there was a remotely competent QB back there he could have had a monster game.  He looked the part last night.

Last edited by a moderator:
5/88 is beyond most people's expectations for him. 

But the 46 yarder counts just as much as the 65 yard TD that he should have had but didnt due to his QB overthrowing him by 10 yards when he was wide open does not count.  If there was a remotely competent QB back there he could have had a monster game.  He looked the part last night.
Even the best QBs miss targets deep. That happens pretty much every game, sometimes multiple times per game. What doesn't happen every game is a ball popping out of a teammates hands right into your bread basket for 46 yards. 

Even the best QBs miss targets deep. That happens pretty much every game, sometimes multiple times per game. What doesn't happen every game is a ball popping out of a teammates hands right into your bread basket for 46 yards. 
This is true, but fluke plays and blown coverages and missed tackles happen all the time, and those plays still count.  Hopkins 49 yarder was a total blown coverage.  Still counts.  Trying to pull plays off of a stat sheet because something non-traditional happened on them is pointless in my opinion.  He had the awareness and focus to stay in the play, and catch the ball.  The 46 yards counts.  The 65 yarder that an NFL QB should at least come close enough on to allow a wide open receiver to make an attempt on the ball does not count.  In a perfectly logical world, the 46 yarded never happens, but the 65 yarder does.  Regardless of all of this, Parker made some very nice plays last night, and was running open in the secondary all night.  With a real NFL QB back there, his night could have been huge.  Back from the dead!

This is true, but fluke plays and blown coverages and missed tackles happen all the time, and those plays still count.  Hopkins 49 yarder was a total blown coverage.  Still counts.  Trying to pull plays off of a stat sheet because something non-traditional happened on them is pointless in my opinion.  He had the awareness and focus to stay in the play, and catch the ball.  The 46 yards counts.  The 65 yarder that an NFL QB should at least come close enough on to allow a wide open receiver to make an attempt on the ball does not count.  In a perfectly logical world, the 46 yarded never happens, but the 65 yarder does.  Regardless of all of this, Parker made some very nice plays last night, and was running open in the secondary all night.  With a real NFL QB back there, his night could have been huge.  Back from the dead!
Just watched highlights and man does #11 look the part. That's what a guy with talent motivated to sign a second contract with another team looks like.

And I'll take it.

This is true, but fluke plays and blown coverages and missed tackles happen all the time, and those plays still count.  Trying to pull plays off of a stat sheet because something non-traditional happened on them is pointless in my opinion.  He had the awareness and focus to stay in the play, and catch the ball.  The 46 yards counts.  The 65 yarder that an NFL QB should at least come close enough on to allow a wide open receiver to make an attempt on the ball does not count.  In a perfectly logical world, the 46 yarded never happens, but the 65 yarder does.  Regardless of all of this, Parker made some very nice plays last night, and was running open in the secondary all night.  With a real NFL QB back there, his night could have been huge.  Back from the dead!
By definition, fluke plays don't happen all the time and are, in fact, rare. Blown coverages happen a little more often. Missed tackles happen every game.

The 65 yarder you keep referencing was probably a 50/50 shot at best with another QB.

Not back from the dead. More like a dead cat bounce. I'd sell high, which is a relative term at this point.

By definition, fluke plays don't happen all the time and are, in fact, rare. Blown coverages happen a little more often. Missed tackles happen every game.

The 65 yarder you keep referencing was probably a 50/50 shot at best with another QB.

Not back from the dead. More like a dead cat bounce. I'd sell high, which is a relative term at this point.
The reason why someone compiles stats on a play where they did nothing spectacular doesnt really matter.  If a CB blows his coverage and allows you an easy walk-in TD, it counts.   Just because that happens more often than deflected passes is irrelevant - at least to me.  Paker made a nice play to bring that ball in, and discounting it just because the pass was not intended for him seems silly to me.

I dont agree that the pass I am referencing was 50-50.  He was wide open, and a decent QB gives him at least a chance to make a play on that ball a lot more than 50% of the time.  He had no shot.  Ran a perfect route on a play that could have changed the game, and Brock threw a terrible pass (not that its a surprise).  He gave him no shot.  

I remember Hakeem Nick's getting a catch like for a td during his rookie year. Stat line looked good but it proved nothing for nicks. In short it counts but not as much as him burning a CB for a long td even if his qb missed him.

The reason why someone compiles stats on a play where they did nothing spectacular doesnt really matter.  If a CB blows his coverage and allows you an easy walk-in TD, it counts.   Just because that happens more often than deflected passes is irrelevant - at least to me.  Paker made a nice play to bring that ball in, and discounting it just because the pass was not intended for him seems silly to me.

I dont agree that the pass I am referencing was 50-50.  He was wide open, and a decent QB gives him at least a chance to make a play on that ball a lot more than 50% of the time.  He had no shot.  Ran a perfect route on a play that could have changed the game, and Brock threw a terrible pass (not that its a surprise).  He gave him no shot.  
It's all about putting things in context. If a running back breaks 3 tackles and takes it to the house on a play that was called back for a holding penalty that didn't actually affect the play, I think that should be noted for context because it was a good play and indicates more good plays are coming. If a WR catches a ball that popped out of another WR's hands then that should be noted for context because it was a fluke play and does not indicate anything about future performance. Box score warriors will think the RB played a bad game and the WR had an exceptional game, but context proves neither to be true.

Even if Parker had caught the 65 yarder, we've got 3 previous years of data. Kenny Stills has outperformed him for two straight years. He's been injured all four years. It is time to sell high.

Motivated Parker always looks great for the 2 games a year it happens. Smart of Gase to bottle up that motivation for the game just before the trade deadline. Come on Indy, Philly, or Houston, offer up that 3rd!

Motivated Parker always looks great for the 2 games a year it happens. Smart of Gase to bottle up that motivation for the game just before the trade deadline. Come on Indy, Philly, or Houston, offer up that 3rd!
He'll probably end up in Arizona. ?

#######it I put a bid on him in Waivers hoping he got traded and forgot to remove it. It was only $8 FAAB but still...

Welp, maybe he'll have another ok game and I can sell him in a package.

anyone think the $ will motivate him?

when is tanny back?  i have a new roster spot w/ mostert's IR and looking for a late season stash w upside.  thinking devante or arob CHI.

Firing my Devante up this weekend with byes. Like the plus matchup vs the Jets and sounds like Kenny will stills be out. Hoping for a 90/1 type stat line, but honestly as long as he makes the box score it'll be a win for owners ...

Congrats Tombo for the longest topic title in Forum HIstory.   Enjoying it with a lot of laughter.  

Anxious to see how Devante and Courtland Sutton perform today (starting Tyreek, Devante Adams and Emmanuel Sanders) .     

Faust, as always great work with the article posting.   

it's a total ####show there as near as i can tell. Reshad Jones taking himself out of the game yesterday is just icing on the cake. i'm not sure that Gase isn't fired at season's end. he's showing that he can't manage the team very well.

DeVante Parker - WR -  Dolphins

DeVante Parker is "week to week" with a sprained AC joint in his shoulder.

"Week to week" typically means a player will miss the forthcoming game, then be evaluated on a day-by-day basis thereafter. The good news Miami has a Week 11 bye. Parker should have a great chance to return for Week 12.

Source: Tom Pelissero on Twitter 

Nov 12 - 4:41 PM

DeVante Parker caught 3-of-3 targets for 10 yards in the Dolphins' Week 12 loss to the Colts.

Never exactly known for his chemistry with Ryan Tannehill, Parker was invisible as coach Adam Gase employed a smoke-and-mirrors game plan for his quarterback's return. Although he's had two nine-target games over his past four contests, Parker has showed few signs of becoming a reliable WR4. He figures to see plenty of Tre'Davious White in Week 13 against the Bills.

Nov 25 - 7:53 PM

The Dolphins finally catching up with what fantasy football GMs have been doing for the last few seasons:

Speaking Thursday, Dolphins OC Dowell Loggains admitted the team was phasing DeVante Parker out of the offense.

"It's combination of injuries, production, practice," Loggains said. Fact check: True. It still seems uniquely Dolphins that the team has been so incapable of coaxing consistency out of its former first-rounder. Going on 26, Parker will not lack for teams looking to give him a second chance after the Dolphins decline his 2019 team option.

Source: Barry Jackson on Twitter 

Dec 20 - 5:16 PM

Users who are viewing this thread