Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Biabreakable

DeVante Parker Miami Dolphins Signs a 2 year deal to stay with the Dolphins for some reason

Dolphins re-signed DeVante Parker to a two-year contract with a max value of $13 million.

The Dolphins have been expected to cut Parker all offseason with one reporter saying the receiver was "all but gone," but the new coaching staff has apparently decided to take a shot on the former first-round pick. Parker was scheduled to make $9.387 million under the terms of his fifth-year option, so he is taking a pretty big pay cut in order to get a second season.

SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter

Mar 12, 2019, 10:25 AM

[/quote 

I'm waiting for the Groundhog Day reboot where instead of a radio with Sonny and Cher, Phil's got an Echo tuned to a sports-talk station.

His alarm goes off at 6:00 every morning and it's always Bobby from Orlando saying, "So if the Fins just make him the feature piece and get him the ball, I , uh, I really think this is gonna be DeVante Parker's year!"

• Like 3
  • Laughing 2

Great thread title. This guy is one of my biggest busts ever, why can't the Fins quit him?

30 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

Great thread title. This guy is one of my biggest busts ever, why can't the Fins quit him?

The Dolphins are in clear tank mode. If they were trying to put a winning team on the field next season, Parker would have been gone, no question. It’s a very low risk deal that they signed him to. The new coaching staff probably wants to make sure he’s an absolute bust before letting him go.  He has shown some signs of being a very talented player. His work ethic and his ability to stay on the field are the biggest issues with this guy. Miami has nothing else at wide receiver at the moment. If he’s healthy, big if, he’s going to get a lot of time on the field to show he’s worth being part of the rebuild. If he has another year of looking like a bust, he’ll be gone after the season. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Man In The Box said:

The Dolphins are in clear tank mode. If they were trying to put a winning team on the field next season, Parker would have been gone, no question. It’s a very low risk deal that they signed him to. The new coaching staff probably wants to make sure he’s an absolute bust before letting him go.  He has shown some signs of being a very talented player. His work ethic and his ability to stay on the field are the biggest issues with this guy. Miami has nothing else at wide receiver at the moment. If he’s healthy, big if, he’s going to get a lot of time on the field to show he’s worth being part of the rebuild. If he has another year of looking like a bust, he’ll be gone after the season. 

Yeah.  Can't blame the new staff for wanting to find out what is really there.  Gase consistently misused talented players in his tenure.  

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Man In The Box said:

That is fair. I could see the case for wanting to reset the locker room culture and get someone who has a reputation as lazy out of there, but I also can understand what you said about being totally sure about him.

• Thanks 1

Tyrod Taylor telling Miami no could be good for him but I really get a sense from Parker that he just does not love football. I keep getting burnt by him because I see flashes but a guy I hoped could be AJG like is really probably more Justin Hunter.

Saying all that I'm more surprised he returned to Miami then Miami wanted him back for cheap. I'd have thought a change of scenery would be good for him but that's where I go back to questioning his love for football. I think living in South Beach and making a few million works just fine for him.

he's talented but suffered under Gase and his drama. i think he's got a chance to be relevant and/or valuable in a brand new offense. i've held onto him in my dynasty because of his talent. i'd acquire him in other leagues because he can be had for peanuts and the upside is there.

28 minutes ago, menobrown said:

Tyrod Taylor telling Miami no could be good for him but I really get a sense from Parker that he just does not love football. I keep getting burnt by him because I see flashes but a guy I hoped could be AJG like is really probably more Justin Hunter.

Saying all that I'm more surprised he returned to Miami then Miami wanted him back for cheap. I'd have thought a change of scenery would be good for him but that's where I go back to questioning his love for football. I think living in South Beach and making a few million works just fine for him.

Yeah, he just doesn’t care.

I keep trying to quit this guy but if they sign Teddy Bridgewater I might get sucked back in considering that was his QB in college, maybe he can bring some spark out of the him.

3 minutes ago, Faust said:

Teddy Bridgewater resigned with the Saints to remain the backup QB to Drew Brees.

Is this true? Latest link I can find says that Miami is still interested and he hasn’t decided. 

5 minutes ago, Faust said:

Teddy Bridgewater resigned with the Saints to remain the backup QB to Drew Brees.

As of a start of FA he was re-considering and sounds to me like Miami is closing in on him. What changed is I think Miami thought they'd get Tyrod but when they lost out on him they increased their offer to Teddy B

5 hours ago, menobrown said:

As of a start of FA he was re-considering and sounds to me like Miami is closing in on him. What changed is I think Miami thought they'd get Tyrod but when they lost out on him they increased their offer to Teddy B

i don't think it's all about money for Teddy. he may want some assurances of starting instead of repeating what happened in NYJ.