What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR DeVante Parker, Eagles. (3 Viewers)

So what. He's a rookie. I'm thinking Greg Jennings has some early season value but thinking from a dynasty perspective his value doesn't change one bit.
Jennings is one of the best value WRs right now, imo. I've nabbed him in round 16 in 2 MFL10 drafts so far. I think he's severely undervalued. He's basically a lock for 800/6 with potential for another 400 yards or so. He's played with crap at QB since leaving GB and will play this season as a 32 year old with the best QB he's had since Rodgers. 32 years old for a WR is not old. He knows the system and I really seeing him as the #1overall in MIA this season.
I like Jennings for the first half of the season also. If you look at his numbers last season from week 7 on (when Bridgewater started) he was a mid WR 3. That put him right next to DeSean Jackson & Jarvis Landry (when he got on his roll). This was done with a rookie QB making his first starts. He should do well with Tannehill.

Last season Greg Jennings ran 70% of his snaps from the slot IIRC. He was used extensively from the slot in GB as well.

That is a role occupied by Jarvis Landry. So I don't see Jennings getting as much opportunity for snaps or targets with Miami as he did with Minnesota.

So what. He's a rookie. I'm thinking Greg Jennings has some early season value but thinking from a dynasty perspective his value doesn't change one bit.
Jennings is one of the best value WRs right now, imo. I've nabbed him in round 16 in 2 MFL10 drafts so far. I think he's severely undervalued. He's basically a lock for 800/6 with potential for another 400 yards or so. He's played with crap at QB since leaving GB and will play this season as a 32 year old with the best QB he's had since Rodgers. 32 years old for a WR is not old. He knows the system and I really seeing him as the #1overall in MIA this season.
I agree. I scooped him out of FA in my 12 team 24 roster dynasty.

It would be nice to see this guy fall to the end of the first in rookie drafts. He's got a legit shot to be the best in this class.

It would be nice to see this guy fall to the end of the first in rookie drafts. He's got a legit shot to be the best in this class.
I'm hoping so. In one of my redraft keeper leagues, we have a rookie draft. I have the 11th and would love if he fell to me.

Dolphins Fantasy Preview

Excerpt:

First-round pick DeVante Parker missed the initial seven games of his final college season with a broken left foot, then underwent an additional surgery in early June after experiencing soreness following OTAs. He's likely to miss most or all of training camp and the preseason. Parker is big (6'3/209) and fast (4.45) with a huge catching radius, but he's also raw from a route-running standpoint, and the Dolphins are deep enough at receiver to treat Parker's return cautiously. His rookie-year impact is entirely up in the air. Parker is still an intriguing best-ball pick in the double-digit rounds, and will be worth stashing on re-draft benches even if he doesn't open the season as a starter. It would be overly bold to project an Odell Beckham-like rookie year from Parker, but he is the most talented receiver on Miami's roster and was ripping up spring practices before the setback, even when matched up with Dolphins top CB Brent Grimes.

Rotoworld:

DeVante Parker - WR - Dolphins

DeVante Parker's (foot surgery) agent says everything is going "perfect" in his rehab, and that he remains on track for Week 1.

Parker's agent is also confident he won't need further surgeries after having a screw replaced in June. "I dont think it will happen again," the rep said. "They got it right." We'd expect nothing but optimism from Parker's agent, but it's still better than the opposite. Parker will likely begin camp on the active/PUP list, but most signs suggest he'll be ready to go for the regular season.

Source: Miami Herald

Jul 14 - 4:44 PM

1. Mike Evans

2. Odell Beckham

3. Amari Cooper

4. Kevin White

5. Sammy Watkins

6. Devante Parker

7. Allen Robinson

8. Kelvin Benjamin

9. Jordan Mathews

10. Breshad Perriman

11. Nelson Agholor

12. Jarvis Landry

13. Brandin Cooks

14. Devin Funchess

15. Martavis Bryant

Top 15 from the last two drafts IMO.

1. Mike Evans

2. Odell Beckham

3. Amari Cooper

4. Kevin White

5. Sammy Watkins

6. Devante Parker

7. Allen Robinson

8. Kelvin Benjamin

9. Jordan Mathews

10. Breshad Perriman

11. Nelson Agholor

12. Jarvis Landry

13. Brandin Cooks

14. Devin Funchess

15. Martavis Bryant

Is this based on the efficient market of the NFL and draft position?

So you think 6 guys are the next AJG or better?
Well, I think Evans and Beckham or more valuable right now.

I'm not arrogant enough to think I can predict the future. But yeah, I think if they stay healthy, Cooper, White, Watkins, and Parker all have a shot at 95-100 catches, and 1300-1400 yard seasons. Maybe not right out of the gate, but it wouldn't surpise me one bit to see some or even all of them go 65-1000, which is what Green did as a 23 year old.

1. Mike Evans

2. Odell Beckham

3. Amari Cooper

4. Kevin White

5. Sammy Watkins

6. Devante Parker

7. Allen Robinson

8. Kelvin Benjamin

9. Jordan Mathews

10. Breshad Perriman

11. Nelson Agholor

12. Jarvis Landry

13. Brandin Cooks

14. Devin Funchess

15. Martavis Bryant

And gut.

So you think 6 guys are the next AJG or better?
Well, I think Evans and Beckham or more valuable right now. I'm not arrogant enough to think I can predict the future. But yeah, I think if they stay healthy, Cooper, White, Watkins, and Parker all have a shot at 95-100 catches, and 1300-1400 yard seasons. Maybe not right out of the gate, but it wouldn't surpise me one bit to see some or even all of them go 65-1000, which is what Green did as a 23 year old.
It is funny how quick AJ Green has gone from the hotness to boring.

I think AJ is much more likely than any of those player to reach AJ Green numbes. But Parker just looks and plays a lot like Green and I think he's got a good chance to dominate the way Green does. Love the kid. Bummed about the injury but hopefully he shrugs it off and has a nice long career. Just seems like a natural football player. More player than athlete but still a great athlete.

Rotoworld:

Dolphins coach Joe Philbin expects first-round WR DeVante Parker (foot surgery) to be ready for Week 1.

Parker is expected to begin camp on the active/PUP list, but Philbin remains optimistic about his regular-season status. "It's hard to predict if Week 1 he'll be ready for 30 snaps or 60 snaps," Philbin said. "We're not there yet. Right now he's been working, doing what he can do. And you got to let that stuff heal." Parker was given a 2-3 month timeline after going under the knife in early June. Parker should avoid the reserve/PUP list, which would cost him the first six games of the season.

Source: Miami Herald
Jul 25 - 11:44 AM

not sure why people are so down on him, I've seen him go at around the 9th pick in some dynasty drafts. They guy is talented, pass on him and you might regret it

not sure why people are so down on him, I've seen him go at around the 9th pick in some dynasty drafts. They guy is talented, pass on him and you might regret it
Fantasy football has a "what have you done for me lately" mentality and Parker had surgery so has not had any other good news than the couple of media days at Dolphin OTAs.

It is very similar to Odell Beckham Jr last year. He had an injury and as a result slid in rookie drafts a few spots and basically went under the radar as a result of "no news".

1. Mike Evans

2. Odell Beckham

3. Amari Cooper

4. Kevin White

5. Sammy Watkins

6. Devante Parker

7. Allen Robinson

8. Kelvin Benjamin

9. Jordan Mathews

10. Breshad Perriman

11. Nelson Agholor

12. Jarvis Landry

13. Brandin Cooks

14. Devin Funchess

15. Martavis Bryant

id be interested in your ranking of the same players if you care to post it. Or anyone else's as well.

1. Mike Evans

2. Odell Beckham

3. Amari Cooper

4. Kevin White

5. Sammy Watkins

6. Devante Parker

7. Allen Robinson

8. Kelvin Benjamin

9. Jordan Mathews

10. Breshad Perriman

11. Nelson Agholor

12. Jarvis Landry

13. Brandin Cooks

14. Devin Funchess

15. Martavis Bryant

id be interested in your ranking of the same players if you care to post it. Or anyone else's as well.
Pure eyeball and gut methodology:

[SIZE=11.9999990463257px]1. [/SIZE][SIZE=11.9999990463257px]Odell Beckham[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11.9999990463257px]2. [/SIZE][SIZE=11.9999990463257px]Amari Cooper[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11.9999990463257px]3. [/SIZE][SIZE=11.9999990463257px]Mike Evans[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11.9999990463257px]4. [/SIZE][SIZE=11.9999990463257px]Devante Parker[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11.9999990463257px]5. Sammy Watkins[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11.9999990463257px]6. [/SIZE][SIZE=11.9999990463257px]Kevin White[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11.9999990463257px]7. [/SIZE][SIZE=11.9999990463257px]Martavis Bryant[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11.9999990463257px]8. [/SIZE][SIZE=11.9999990463257px]Allen Robinson[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11.9999990463257px]9. [/SIZE][SIZE=11.9999990463257px]Brandin Cooks[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11.9999990463257px]10. [/SIZE][SIZE=11.9999990463257px]Jordan Mathews[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11.9999990463257px]11. [/SIZE][SIZE=11.9999990463257px]Jarvis Landry[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11.9999990463257px]12. [/SIZE][SIZE=11.9999990463257px]Breshad Perriman[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11.9999990463257px]13. [/SIZE][SIZE=11.9999990463257px]Kelvin Benjamin[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11.9999990463257px]14. [/SIZE][SIZE=11.9999990463257px]Nelson Agholor[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11.9999990463257px]15. [/SIZE][SIZE=11.9999990463257px]Devin Funchess[/SIZE]

I could shuffle Mathews/Landry/Perriman, they're hard to sort out for me. I'm much higher on Bryant. I was really impressed with him last season and his upside seems sky high. I'm pretty sure I would be rejected if I offered a guy like Perriman, Agholor, or Funchess for him straight up in my dynasty leagues.

fridayfrenzy said:
Sunday Devil said:
Fantasy football has a "what have you done for me lately" mentality and Parker had surgery so has not had any other good news than the couple of media days at Dolphin OTAs.

It is very similar to Odell Beckham Jr last year. He had an injury and as a result slid in rookie drafts a few spots and basically went under the radar as a result of "no news".
Allen Robinson basically had the same injury and is now healthy so no one's worried about Robinson. Recency bias is unfairly hurting Parker.

fridayfrenzy said:
Sunday Devil said:

I get this perspective and do not take points away from his long term potential (and ultimately dynasty ranking) because of the surgery. However, Parker certainly needs to refine his route running to be successful at the next level. Lack of training camp and other preseason workouts to help that does not make me expect a big year one impact.

Here are my rough, top of head rankings
1.Beckham
2. Evans
3. Cooper

4. Parker

5. Watkins

6. Brown

7. Matthews

8. Bryant

9. Robinson

10. Cooks

11. White

12. Benjamin

12. DGB

14. Agholor

15. Perriman

eta: Forgot about Dorsett...he's up there pretty high, maybe between White and Agholor

Last edited by a moderator:
Rotoworld:

Dolphins placed WR DeVante Parker (foot) on active/PUP.

As expected. Parker underwent surgery last month to have a screw replaced in his previously-operated foot. The No. 14 overall pick is expected to avoid the reserve/PUP list to open the season, which would cost him the first six games, but he's questionable for Week 1 and not expected to get much work in camp.

Jul 29 - 1:30 PM

Last edited by a moderator:
Rotoworld:

First-round pick DeVante Parker (foot surgery) was observed jogging for the first time at Dolphins camp Monday.

Beat writer Adam Beasley emphasizes that Parker was jogging "slowly." Parker has undergone foot surgeries in back-to-back seasons after originally fracturing the foot at Louisville last year. The fact that he is just now resuming slowly jogging may hint Parker won't be ready for the Dolphins' season opener. The team has all along maintained Parker will be ready for Week 1.

Source: Adam Beasley on Twitter
Aug 17 - 11:24 AM

He's going to be the best WR in this class. Future all pro.
I think he has all the tools to be top 3 of the class.

Amari Cooper is a super stud.

He needs to get healthy and get on the field. He will be way behind this season though.

Kid's upside is AJ Green. I think he gets pretty damn close. Here are the WRs taken in the Top 15 since 2010. Pretty solid company.

Watkins

Evans

ODB

Tavon

Blackmon

Floyd

Green

Julio
This is good information and its something I found last year when I was researching for stats on rookie WRs. Bust rates, what to expect etc.

Last year I was desperate for WR help in a dynasty league and had two top rookie picks and wound up taking WR Mike Evans and WR Brandin Cooks.

I had done extensive research and found that 1st round WRs hit a lil-over 50% to have solid fantasy production over their careers so I knew I wanted to use both top picks on wideouts to make sure I had at least one guy who would pan out over time. I didn't expect such a high return so quickly and its looking even better in year two.

My league tends to lose track of top rookie WRs who get injured and don't play in the preseason that happened last year when ODB fell and it happened again this year. From my research I think DeVante Parker has a 'good shot' to turn into a solid fantasy WR. Here's just a few things I filed away specifically on Parker:

=====

... Before Davante Parker underwent foot surgeryhttp://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...iami-dolphins-devante-parker-has-foot-surgery earlier this month, Dolphins linebacker Jelani Jenkins lauded the rookie wide receiver as "an animal" who "goes and gets the ball wherever it is."

... Based on snap data of the current 90-man rosters, below are five rookies who can make a significant fantasy impact in 2015 because they were drafted into favorable situations. It is unlikely that any of these rookies will be top-10 fantasy players, but they could provide value in deeper leagues and potentially emerge as late-round steals. It should be noted that the snap percentages may change as teams take shape in the preseason.

DeVante Parkerhttp://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/2576623/devante-parker, WR, Miami Dolphins: The Miami Dolphins lost an NFL-high 69 percent of their 2014 wide receiver snaps in the offseason after Mike Wallace, Brian Hartline and Brandon Gibson were traded or released. Tight end Charles Clay, the team's third-leading receiver, signed with Buffalo. That leaves Jarvis Landry and new additions Kenny Stills and Greg Jennings as the Dolphins' top receiving options. Are any of those players No. 1 receivers? When you consider that Miami lined up with three of more wide receivers at the second-highest rate in the NFL in 2014, Parker should have plenty of opportunities to thrive in Bill Lazor's offense.

... Armando Salguero@ArmandoSalguero http://www.scout.com/ArmandoSalgueroDeVante Parker is a mismatch nightmare out here.

First-round WR DeVante Parker (foot) is now uncertain if he'll be ready Week 1.
Both the Dolphins and Parker's agent had been saying they fully expect Parker ready for the season opener, but with 18 days to go and Parker yet to begin cutting on his surgically-repaired foot, it's appearing less likely he'll be ready. Still, Parker is expected back at some point early in the season after being activated from the active/PUP list last week.

Well at least they are facing reality now. I expect him to debut some time in October.
Oh sure, that is a reasonable time frame for a healthy return. Not expecting much from his rookie season.

I wouldn't mind if they hold him out till he's 100% allowing him to hopefully step-up with his best rookie games right around fantasy playoff time.

I mostly like his long-term dynasty value and don't expect too much his rookie season.

Rotoworld:

DeVante Parker (foot) is expected to begin practicing in individual drills next week.

It's a step in the right direction for Parker, but reporter Armando Salguero acknowledges it's still too soon to know whether Parker will be ready for Week 1. Parker will be available for the game, but could be listed as an inactive. Assuming he avoids setbacks, we would not be surprised to see Parker in the Dolphins' starting lineup by late September or early October.

Source: Armando Salguero on Twitter

In redraft, Parker is a must have for me. With this surgery, he is way off people's radars and is a great value.
Do you think he will be this years OBJ? Start slow due to injury and blow it up later in the season
Yeah, I don't know what to compare him to Beckham because that was a once in a decade type rookie year. It might take a few weeks for him to transition and get starter reps, but he is the best outside WR on the team. He has a good young QB capable of taking the next step, but also in real need of a playmaking WR. He has good enough complimentary targets to hold the attention of defenses. He is big RZ target. MIami is a high paced offense looking to replace a lot of targets. I would say over weeks 6-16, I think he can be a WR that performs similarly to what a DeAndre Hopkins did last year on a per game basis.

He's practicing.

From MiamiDolphins.com:

First-round pick DeVante Parker is getting closer and closer to his first action in a Dolphins uniform.

Even though the wide receiver from Louisville sat out his third consecutive preseason game Saturday night, he was in uniform for the first time and caught some passes during pregame warmups.

On Monday, Parker took part in practice for the first time since being activated from the Physically Unable to Perform list.

Head Coach Joe Philbin said after practice the issue for Parker now is getting his timing down.

“I watched some of the route timing,” Philbin said. “I didn’t really get a great glimpse of him during the team period, but I watched him in route timing and it looks like it’s a while since he’s run routes. He looks good, he’s moving well. Just working on the timing and the rhythm of the play and the splits and the depth and those things is extremely valuable for him at this point.”

Philbin was asked what it would take for Parker to see action in a game.

“We’ve got to get him some reps, get him used to getting in and out of the huddle, get the right split, get the right alignment, do the right adjustment versus press or cloud or off and understand where he fits in in the progressions, all those things that reps will provide,” Philbin answered. “We’ll try to amp that up as soon as we can.”
Link

His redraft ADP is down in the "flyer" range right now, at round 12 or later. He seems to be the forgotten man lately, most likely due to the injury. It should go up a little next week with the news of him practicing.

I got him in round 13 last night in a redraft league full of guys who usually take chances on rookies early and often. Dorsett, Perriman, and DGB all went before him.

So Parker is playing in the last preseason game. Thinking I made a mistake passing on him.

How does he rank in relation to the other rookie WR fliers?

Phillip Dorsett, Breshad Perriman, Dorial Green Beckham, Ty Montgomery, Funchess, and Jaelen Strong?

Users who are viewing this thread