What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR DeVante Parker, Eagles. (1 Viewer)

So Parker is playing in the last preseason game. Thinking I made a mistake passing on him.

How does he rank in relation to the other rookie WR fliers?

Phillip Dorsett, Breshad Perriman, Dorial Green Beckham, Ty Montgomery, Funchess, and Jaelen Strong?
I would love to hear some opinions on this as well

So Parker is playing in the last preseason game. Thinking I made a mistake passing on him.

Phillip Dorsett, Breshad Perriman, Dorial Green Beckham, Ty Montgomery, Funchess, and Jaelen Strong?
#1 and it's not that close. Funchess has opportunity, but other than that none of those players have more talent or more opportunity. I thought Parker was the best WR in the draft. I might have to concede that to Cooper, but Parker is super talent IMO.

#1 and it's not that close. Funchess has opportunity, but other than that none of those players have more talent or more opportunity. I thought Parker was the best WR in the draft. I might have to concede that to Cooper, but Parker is super talent IMO.
Thanks for the feedback. I recently heard Greg Cosell discuss Parker on a podcast and he was up in the air on the kid.

Thanks for the feedback. I recently heard Greg Cosell discuss Parker on a podcast and he was up in the air on the kid.
Cossell certainly knows more than I do about player evaluation, but I love what I saw in college. He's big, will come up with any ball in his vicinity, DBs are too small to stop him on jump balls and I think he was one of the best in college for yac.

Last edited by a moderator:

I agree. Parker has the ability to be the next AJ Green. I agree I would pick Cooper by a nose but liked Parker ahead of White.

I wasn't too keen on him during the draft process but if he's going AFTER guys like Strong, Funchess, DGB, then I'm definitely a buyer. Sign me up for that all day long. I never hated him, just thought there was 3 better WR's in this class. Usually the 4th guy on my board ends up doing pretty good so maybe I did that on purpose?

Rotoworld:

DeVante Parker caught an 11-yard pass in the Dolphins' preseason finale Thursday night.

He played eight snaps. Recovered from June foot surgery, Parker was healthy enough to start Thursday night's game, although his quarterback was someone named McLeod Bethel-Thompson, or "MBT." MBT completed an 11-yard pass to Parker on Miami's second drive. Later, Parker got open deep downfield but was overthrown by Bethel-Thompson. Parker's participation in this game bodes well for his chances of having a role in Week 1 against the Redskins, even if it won't be as a starter. He figures to open the season as Miami's fourth or fifth receiver and should ascend as the year moves along.

Sep 3 - 8:11 PM

If you think about it from a value perspective, the timing of Parker's injury was perfect. It allowed for him to slide under the radar and not garner any preseason hype/attention. We already know that he'll to contributing in some fashion as early as week 1 and depending on how quickly he can catch on he could be a steal. There are few other WR5/6 lottery tickets I'd rather own around his ADP.

I agree. I just scooped him up in my short roster league. It's an auction, Amari Cooper went for $13, so getting him for the league minimum $2 seems like a steal. I think he's going to be awesome.

Honest expectations/projections for the rest of the season? I think he can do some damage this year, but I guess I don't have the same enthusiasm as many of you. WR3 or better? WR2 (ie WR 24 or better going forward)? Who do you expect him to out produce?

My best guess...First 6 games he gets eased in. 30 targets 18 receptions 200 yards 2 TDs. Last 10 games he's a mid to high end WR2. 80 targets 50 receptions 600 yards 4 TDs. Total 110 targets 68 receptions 800 yards 6 TDs. Top 20 receiver in 2016.

Will he run as the slot guy or move Landry there and play outside in 3 WR sets?
I think he will play outside. Landry is best used in the slot, and should be a well above average slot guy. If all goes well, Parker will eventually be the featured WR in the offense, working from the outside, probably with Kenny Stills stretching the field on the other side. Has the potential to be a very good WR corps. Jennings and Matthews are really good as 4/5.

Will he run as the slot guy or move Landry there and play outside in 3 WR sets?
Landry is the slot. Jennings and Stills are the outside guys until the switch flips for Parker and he leapfrogs those guys. Parker is going to excel on slants and posts this year IMO.

I just have a very special feeling about this kid. He's under the radar. He's uber-talented. He's going to be awesome.

Grabbed him in both my leagues. Not starting this week though. I'll wait and see if he's fully healed.

I grabbed him in the late 2nd in a Rookie/Vets draft last week. Two owners before me called his name but changed their mind to drafted Dorsett and Perriman. I then drafted Parker with Agholor, Lockett, Strong and Montgomery still on the board.

Tex

Yes. Just like with Agholar, its going to take a few weeks for the rookie to get acclimated. The talent is there.

So back away from the computer and don't put a claim in for T Williams (longshot)?

Hope he gets in gear soon.

It's possible that Parker isn't 100% healthy.

http://www.thephinsider.com/2015/9/17/9346759/do-dolphins-need-to-get-devante-parker-more-involved-against-jagaurs

“It’s just a matter of him getting healthy,” quarterback Ryan Tannehill said this week. “We can’t put him out there and have him be a liability to himself or to us with his foot. He’s working, he’s close, he’s getting closer by the day, but we have to make sure he’s right.”

"I just wasn’t comfortable with certain things," Parker did admit about last week's practices leading into the Washington game. "I think my foot, I get better every week, I feel like. This week I’m looking forward to doing different things."

Hopefully Parker is part of the game plan for this week.

Struggling with this guy and if he's worth holding.......is it likely he is a WR1/2 by yeard end or too many mouths to feed for an OK QB?

Struggling with this guy and if he's worth holding.......is it likely he is a WR1/2 by yeard end or too many mouths to feed for an OK QB?
Had to know coming in that he wouldnt be much of a factor early on. He missed almost the entire camp - it was pretty widely suspected that he wouldnt do much until October, right here in this thread. I wouldnt react too harshly after one...or even 3 weeks. Unless you absolutely need the roster spot I dont think dropping him is the prudent move.

Yes. Just like with Agholar, its going to take a few weeks for the rookie to get acclimated. The talent is there.
Took both of them in a keeper league, waiting to see who rises.
Same here. Have Agholor and Parker on my bench and will probably wait until week 5 or 6 to see how things shake out. Hopefully we have come clarity be then.

Took both of them in a keeper league, waiting to see who rises.
Same here. Have Agholor and Parker on my bench and will probably wait until week 5 or 6 to see how things shake out. Hopefully we have come clarity be then.
I have NA, but really nothing behind him. He needs to get on track quick or I'm going to be in a tough spot and might have to cut him loose. Parker is a guy I hope gets cut in a few weeks and I will have space to grab.

Rotoworld:

DeVante Parker - WR - Dolphins

DeVante Parker absorbed one catch for three yards in the Dolphins' Week 2 loss to the Jaguars.

Parker played more than he did last week (it would be hard not to after getting just one snap) but remained a non-factor. With so many capable players in front of, it's going to be hard to get Parker involved on a week to week basis. Parker can safely be dropped in redraft leagues ahead of next week's tilt with Buffalo.

Sep 20 - 8:54 PM

My mind tells me to drop him, but my gut says I'll regret it in a few weeks.
Classic regret aversion bias. Dump him and move on.
I have been debating the same thing. I think it comes down to how your bench can handle it. If you have some clear cut starters and you still have room for Devante, I say keep him. If you are hurting and need to make a move to snag a potential waiver wire gem or instant week 3 starter (Starks, Freeman, etc...), then the decision should be easy.

I had high hopes for him but problem is Tannehill likes to spreads the ball around more so then other QBs.

I had high hopes for him but problem is Tannehill likes to spreads the ball around more so then other QBs.
I don't think it's so much that as he hasn't built any trust or rapport with Parker at all. He missed damn near every snap of training camp.

Hold in redraft if you have roster space. And if you drop him to navigate bye weeks, just hope he doesn't break out before you can pick him back up again.

Tannehill turning Rishard Matthews into a stud just makes me more excited about what Parker can do when he gets up to speed.

I don't think it's so much that as he hasn't built any trust or rapport with Parker at all. He missed damn near every snap of training camp.
:goodposting:

It's not Madden where you just turn off injuries and he's okay. Takes time
Wow you might of stumbled on to something. Cause if it was Madden I doubt Stoneburner would have more TDs then Cameron

im still holding. probably hold till week 9. hopefully ship takes off before then
You're holding until Week 9 in a redraft for a guy who has never done anything in the NFL? You'd be much better off trying to use that spot to find a waiver wire gem.

Users who are viewing this thread