What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Tevin Coleman, SF (1 Viewer)

His point per touch must be absolutely insane because he's not really getting much work. Hell, he's only on the field about 40% of the time a game.

Week 1

Week 2

Week 3

Week 4

Week 5

Week 1

Week 2

Week 3

Week 4

Week 5

Freeman

55%

53%

59%

51%

60%

Coleman

49%

47%

42%

43%

39%

That looks pretty close to a 50/50 split to me. Last week is skewed because ATL was preserving a lead and using Freeman a lot to do so. 

I think I'm finally starting him this week in .5 ppr over forte and blount.  Should play a roll like last week I hope

So, I know I'm not the only person who owns this dude but has never started him.

Last week we saw what his floor looks like and it's obviously scary low due to the fact the he's in a committee. Without looking too close at game flow his utilization has been trending downward (utilized 7 times last week).

This week however, it looks like he has the dream match-up. SD has allowed the most receptions to RBs this year (54) so seemingly every team has been able to exploit RB mismatches This also obviously plays to Coleman's strength.

He seems like a tough sit even though I don't see myself playing him once again.

So, I know I'm not the only person who owns this dude but has never started him.

Last week we saw what his floor looks like and it's obviously scary low due to the fact the he's in a committee. Without looking too close at game flow his utilization has been trending downward (utilized 7 times last week).

This week however, it looks like he has the dream match-up. SD has allowed the most receptions to RBs this year (54) so seemingly every team has been able to exploit RB mismatches This also obviously plays to Coleman's strength.

He seems like a tough sit even though I don't see myself playing him once again.
You are the only one. Lol it sounds like you have much better options. I am playing him this week in the 2 leagues I have him. But I must not have the plethora of choices you have. Thought about trading him?

Later in his rookie season slipped in the shower and had a concussion (seriously).  
Seems like every year we get at least one player slipping in the shower or breaking and elbow diving for an iPhone. I suspect most (or all) of these accounts are BS stories used to hide an embarrassing and/or damning real incident. 

Seems like every year we get at least one player slipping in the shower or breaking and elbow diving for an iPhone. I suspect most (or all) of these accounts are BS stories used to hide an embarrassing and/or damning real incident. 
Likely, though unless you think it is impossible to get a concussion from slipping and falling in a shower, I'd go with most (not all).

Coach Dan Quinn indicated Monday the Falcons are bracing for Tevin Coleman's hamstring injury to cost him time.
Quinn called Coleman a "quick healer," but also noted he has dealt with hamstring injuries in the past. The Falcons don't want to get themselves in a situation like the Bills' with LeSean McCoy. "We're discussing that big this afternoon," Quinn said. "Fortunately for us, (practice squad RB Terron) Ward is here, and he's somebody that's got game experience in the system and somebody that we can totally rely on." Expect Devonta Freeman to be an every-down workhorse in Week 8 against the Packers' No. 1 run defense.

Own him a lot and agreed with your thoughts on this SD matchup being great and first time ever I started him in all the leagues I own him. I don't have a single league I've not used him at least once, even prior to this week, but most leagues only 2-3 times this season have I put him in my lineup.

But now that he looks to miss some time and I have injuries and bye weeks mounting I keep hearing that line from that song in my head, "you left me, just when I needed you most".

Anyone bought low here?  Guy was crazy efficient early in the year, and the Falcons have the look of a playoff team.  Once Coleman's back, would imagine they would love to go back to that near even timeshare to keep both guys fresh for the postseason.

Anyone bought low here?  Guy was crazy efficient early in the year, and the Falcons have the look of a playoff team.  Once Coleman's back, would imagine they would love to go back to that near even timeshare to keep both guys fresh for the postseason.
He was dropped in one of my money leagues.  couldn't believe it.  I was able to get him off the ww without burning my priority on him too.  also couldn't believe it.  I think he's a nice rb2 if healthy 

He is still the #17 rb after missing most of the last 3 weeks.  I would think he would come back after their bye next week.  Their remaining schedule is actually fairly tough against the run with AZ, LA, and CAR.  This may mean they pass more, which is where they focus on Coleman.  They also have SF and KC who are both bottom 6 against the run.   

He is still the #17 rb after missing most of the last 3 weeks.  I would think he would come back after their bye next week.  Their remaining schedule is actually fairly tough against the run with AZ, LA, and CAR.  This may mean they pass more, which is where they focus on Coleman.  They also have SF and KC who are both bottom 6 against the run.   
They are talking about him playing this week.  hope it's just talk.  give him the bye to heal 

Tried in one league with not much luck yet... trying in others. 

Successfully bought in a keeper for Christine Michael. 

He's back. I'm starting him today.

I'm hoping he can perform like he did pre-injury down the FF playoff stretch.

He's been practicing since before the bye so I'm guessing he's 100%.  will he get the looks he was getting pretty injury or will they ease him in?  trying to decide between him and ingram.  atl offense has struggled without coleman.  he will help them alot

He's been practicing since before the bye so I'm guessing he's 100%.  will he get the looks he was getting pretty injury or will they ease him in?  trying to decide between him and ingram.  atl offense has struggled without coleman.  he will help them alot
Same situation here,I'm trusting Atlanta to give him a decent amount of touches over the whim of Sean Payton regarding Ingram's snaps.

ESPN Falcons reporter Vaughn McClure told Next Level Fantasy's Mike Clay Tevin Coleman (hamstring) "has his step back."
McClure also thinks Coleman is in for a big game this week against the Chiefs. Coleman was quiet last week against the Cardinals, his first game action since Week 7, but he should pick it up as he gets back into game shape. Kansas City does not present a great matchup, but Coleman has the explosiveness to put up big numbers against anyone. He is a borderline RB2 with upside this week.

Source: 

How many of you are trusting him this week? If you are starting him, who are you playing him over? I'm leaning Coleman over Starks in a non-ppr league. I think they are going to take it KC and I'm hoping Coleman gets a few more touches than he did last week. 

How many of you are trusting him this week? If you are starting him, who are you playing him over? I'm leaning Coleman over Starks in a non-ppr league. I think they are going to take it KC and I'm hoping Coleman gets a few more touches than he did last week. 
I am strongly considering him in non ppr in place of Hightower.  I need to swing for the fences and I think he gives me the best chance of a big game.

Although not an ideal opponent, I am considering using Coleman in my RB2 slot this week.  I am hoping the Falcons get him more involved as a pass catcher with Julio Jones looking more and more like a decoy at best.

Although not an ideal opponent, I am considering using Coleman in my RB2 slot this week.  I am hoping the Falcons get him more involved as a pass catcher with Julio Jones looking more and more like a decoy at best.
He's the perfect boom or bust Flex. Trend is Devonta is the lead dog and will get 65% and Coleman 35%. Now that being said it is LA and Julio limited / decoy / a game time decision. Coleman could easily score twice and pick up 50 - 75 total yards, or he could get 40-50 yards and no TD's. With Miller sucking so bad lately I am tempted to go with Coleman with upside.

Very interesting guy this week.

Consider that Julio's two worst games of this season happened to be Tevin Coleman's two best fantasy games.  Julio had two other games with poor production but Coleman was out.

Conversely Julio's best game of the season was one of Colemans worst games, the 300 yard Julio day vs Carolina. Julio has had 5 100+ yard game with Coleman in the lineup and in those games Coleman's high yardage total is 74 and from a fantasy angle in none of those games would Coleman have hit double digit PPR fantasy games without a TD. Coleman's best game for fantasy when Julio goes over 100 is 15.1 points, aided by a TD and that was in week two.

I am an owner.  From what I've seen in preseason this year, he still doesn't have it.  I don't know what parts of his game he may have improved, but his running style/ability still looks the same to me.  Not very athletic and goes down easily with any contact to the legs or feet.

Anyone else have any thoughts?
Well he pleasantly surprised with a very productive season.  But if was just a little more athletic he could be really good.

Re-ranking the 2015 RB class: The Todd Gurley conundrum

Excerpt:

6) Tevin Coleman, Atlanta Falcons

Originally drafted: Round 3, No. 73 overall.

Coleman leads the league in forcing inside linebackers to mutter "Oh, s---"under their breath. When the Falconsisolate Coleman one-on-one against the wrong player, the play is over before it starts. The most famous example came when Coleman beat Rob Ninkovich for a touchdown in Super Bowl LI, but Coleman is the rare NFL player who routinely makes opponents, even defensive backs, look like they are moving in slow motion.

Coleman is not your typical shifty third-down back. He's a decisive cutback runner who knows when to square his shoulders and take the 7-yard gain in front of him. He has a nose for the end zone (14 TDs in 16 games last year, including the playoffs) and can briefly take over a game like he did during a third-quarter drive in the Divisional Round against Seattle.

So why isn't he ranked higher?:Coleman wouldn't fit in most systems. He was only on the field for 34 percent of the Falcons' regular-season snaps in 2016, a number that decreased in the playoffs. That's primarily because Coleman plays alongside one of the league's 10 best backs in Devonta Freeman, but it's worth wondering if Coleman could hold up to 300 carries with his frame and running style. The Falcons smartly use him as a turbo-charged 1B.

It's a shame that Coleman's breakout season ended on such a tragic, if forgotten note. On second-and-2 with nine minutes left and a 28-12 lead in Super Bowl LI, Coleman was injured on a 1-yard gain. Freeman replaced him and missed a block on the next play, leading to a Matt Ryan fumble and the greatest comeback in Super Bowl history.

that's a great deal.  i'm a coleman owner and i'm high on him....but not derek carr high.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unless it's a two start QB league I'd rather have Coleman and by quite a lot.
Why?  In two season combined TC has just over 900 yards rushing. 

Just the RB vs QB discrepancy? Is Freeman leaving? Are looking to catch lightning for a season?  You think Coleman goes somewhere 3 years from now and then breaks out?

Why?  In two season combined TC has just over 900 yards rushing

Just the RB vs QB discrepancy? Is Freeman leaving? Are looking to catch lightning for a season?  You think Coleman goes somewhere 3 years from now and then breaks out?
Thankfully most leagues give credit for receiving yards too. Tevin had 941 yards and 11 TD last year with freeman.  He's unlikely to do that again with the change at OC, but he looks like a better Danny Woodhead. 

But I'm far more concerned with the drop off from shanny to Sarkisian. So tevin drops a bit imo but i'd still take him over all but the truly elite QB - which Carr might be but that's yet to be determined. 

BigSteelThrill said:
Why?  In two season combined TC has just over 900 yards rushing. 

What's so great about Derek Carr???

-OZ- said:
Thankfully most leagues give credit for receiving yards too. Tevin had 941 yards and 11 TD last year with freeman.  He's unlikely to do that again with the change at OC, but he looks like a better Danny Woodhead. 

But I'm far more concerned with the drop off from shanny to Sarkisian. So tevin drops a bit imo but i'd still take him over all but the truly elite QB - which Carr might be but that's yet to be determined. 
I don't even think it's the OC so much as natural regression. Tevin basically had one of the best years in the history of the NFL as a pass catching RB. 13.6 yards per reception for a RB is wild. 

Isn't he a free agent next year?  

Never mind not until 2019 but I see them trading him if they extend Freeman. 

I don't even think it's the OC so much as natural regression. Tevin basically had one of the best years in the history of the NFL as a pass catching RB. 13.6 yards per reception for a RB is wild. 
we need to define those terms a little clearer here.  Obviously "pass catching RB" includes  Woodhead and Sproles.  Does it also include Marshall Faulk, LT and Thurman Thomas?  Larry Centers, Charlie Garner, Brian Westbrook, Tiki Barber, and quite a few others have had better years.  

I don't know many people (any?) who would predict Tevin to turn into Thomas, Faulk or LT; but Tiki, Garner and Westbrook type careers seem possible.  But I don't trust Sark to game plan for his skillset. 

What's so great about Derek Carr???
Was the #11 QB in his 3rd year who continues to improve.  A virtual lock to play at a high (i.e. worthy of starting) level for another decade.

Solid for a fantasy team without much concern whatsoever. Can easily elevate to higher levels.

imho

Was the #11 QB in his 3rd year who continues to improve.  A virtual lock to play at a high (i.e. worthy of starting) level for another decade.

Solid for a fantasy team without much concern whatsoever. Can easily elevate to higher levels.

imho
Carr is squarely a tier 2 QB along with Winston, Mariota, Wilson, and possibly Cam and Ryan.  I wouldn't argue strongly against someone trading for him, Winston or Mariota (I personally have MM and wouldn't trade him for Tevin) but objectively it's fairly easy IMO to see why someone would prefer Coleman.  

Carr is squarely a tier 2 QB along with Winston, Mariota, Wilson, and possibly Cam and Wilson.  I wouldn't argue strongly against someone trading for him, Winston or Mariota (I personally have MM and wouldn't trade him for Tevin) but objectively it's fairly easy IMO to see why someone would prefer Coleman.  
My issue with TC is with Freeman there. Freeman looks like he is assuredly getting an extension. So TC gets "maybe" the main gig on a different team in 3 years??? 

Hmmm.

My issue with TC is with Freeman there. Freeman looks like he is assuredly getting an extension. So TC gets "maybe" the main gig on a different team in 3 years??? 

Hmmm.
understood.  Freeman is one of the best backs in the league.  Then you have Julio needing to get his, but also opening the field.  If Hooper or one of the other receivers improves, TC could lose a bit of his role. Great problem for Ryan, not so great for Coleman. 

we need to define those terms a little clearer here.  Obviously "pass catching RB" includes  Woodhead and Sproles.  Does it also include Marshall Faulk, LT and Thurman Thomas?  Larry Centers, Charlie Garner, Brian Westbrook, Tiki Barber, and quite a few others have had better years.  

I don't know many people (any?) who would predict Tevin to turn into Thomas, Faulk or LT; but Tiki, Garner and Westbrook type careers seem possible.  But I don't trust Sark to game plan for his skillset. 
It includes every RB ever. 13.6 yards per reception is insane for a RB. 

imho
Wasn't a QB 11 in any league I play in, more like QB15-17 both in terms of total and ppg. Unless this is 2QB/Superflex, I don't get it the excitement with Carr. 

Wasn't a QB 11 in any league I play in, more like QB15-17 both in terms of total and ppg. Unless this is 2QB/Superflex, I don't get it the excitement with Carr. 
we must play with different settings. He was QB7 in my main league last year, PPG. Just slightly above Ben. 

Users who are viewing this thread