What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2015 Tiers (DL/LB/DB updated 7/5) (1 Viewer)

This is the reason I'm about to bail on IDP. Rotoworld calls the Falcons D a 4-3, like the Vikings and Raiders, but switches Beasley to DE when the Falcons call him a LB, just like the Raiders label Mack and the Vikings label Barr. But they decide Beasley is a DE?

Too much windfall and rug pulling in IDP unless you move to an Edge position. Even then this Rotoworld stuff even throws a wrench into that idea.

I agree- the Falcons, on their official website label him an OLB-

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/team/player-roster.html

It's getting harder and harder to make these sorts of calls- like with Terrell Suggs a couple of years ago- he was an OLB the entire time, but for a couple of years was listed at DE. I think the only way around this issue is to label them all EDGE players (4-3 DE and 3-4 OLB), but where do you label a 3-4 5 tech DE? The position switches and uncertainty really messes with fantasy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pilot episode of Ballers on HBO.

Rob Corddry to Dwayne Johnson:

"They think I hired you because you were on my fantasy team. You play defense for crying out loud! What? I'm going to play in an IDP league? That's for suckers"

Updated DL tiers w/ additional commentary and strategy after free agent movement -- http://subscribers.footballguys.com/apps/article.php?article=15bramel_defensive_line_tiers_post_2015FA

Working to get LB written up this weekend. With luck, I'll get that done. There will be no DB tiers until after the draft. I'm going to focus on getting through as many front seven prospects as I can this month and put draft preview together. Should be a podcast reviewing the offseason so far coming soon, too.
Are DB tiers still in the works or did I miss that article?

Jene Bramel. I'm seeing reports of Duke Ihenacho starting at SS for WAS and not Jeron Johnson. You have Johnson higher in your tiers. Thoughts there?

Also who do you suspect wins the SS role in SD? Jimmy Smith or Addae?

Stay away from the squirrels. Lol. Thanks

Jene Bramel. I'm seeing reports of Duke Ihenacho starting at SS for WAS and not Jeron Johnson. You have Johnson higher in your tiers. Thoughts there?

Johnson signed this year and with a decent contract for his position/role. Duke is playing on a "show me" or flyer contract. They'd like their investment to actually start. It's the first week of camp. I'm not inclined to read too much into who is getting first team reps at this point in time.

What are the chances Mario Williams stays listed as a DE on MFL like he has been switched back to? When are the final position changes made?

What are the chances Mario Williams stays listed as a DE on MFL like he has been switched back to? When are the final position changes made?
Usually the final preseason MFL position adjustment is between the third and fourth weeks in August.MFL follows Rotoworld's depth charts. As long as Rotoworld doesn't switch Williams and Hughes to LB on their depth charts, MFL won't switch either. With the makeup of the Bills D line / LB corps and high percentage of 4-3 looks that have been witnessed in OTA's, a switch doesn't sound likely.

That said, if you just monitor Rotoworld's blurbs about their usage in training camp and the preseason, you'll be forewarned of a potential switch.

Usually the final preseason MFL position adjustment is between the third and fourth weeks in August.MFL follows Rotoworld's depth charts. As long as Rotoworld doesn't switch Williams and Hughes to LB on their depth charts, MFL won't switch either. With the makeup of the Bills D line / LB corps and high percentage of 4-3 looks that have been witnessed in OTA's, a switch doesn't sound likely.

That said, if you just monitor Rotoworld's blurbs about their usage in training camp and the preseason, you'll be forewarned of a potential switch.
Looks like Jerry Hughes was switched back to DE on Rotoworld. That's odd. They have switched Chandler Jones once too. He's been a DE for a couple months now and hopefully stays there.

MFL's last change was July 30th

• BUF: Mario Williams from LB to DE
  • BUF: Jerry Hughes from LB to DE
  • BUF: Corbin Bryant from DT to DE
  • BUF: Michael Buchanan from LB to DE
  • BUF: Stefan Charles from DE to DT
  • BUF: Alex Carrington from DE to DT
  • BUF: Alex Carrington from DE to DT
  • BUF: Jarius Wynn from DE to DT
  • KC : Nick Williams from DT to DE
  • KC : Jaye Howard from DE to DT
  • TB : Da'Quan Bowers from DE to DT

Avery Williamson will start on the strong side now. Is this good or bad for his numbers?
i saw that and it doesn't make much sense. they're running 3-4 still aren't they? that means morgan and orakpo are the OLB. they're going to have williamson and brown inside.

ETA - i just asked the Titans beat reporter about how the LB corps looks. He confirmed still 3-4 and Orakpo/Brown/Williamson/Morgan is what is being run out there. no hybrids to speak of for LeBeau. This too:

Jim Wyatt ‏@jwyattsports 5m5 minutes ago so far, so good. Brown looks fast. Williamson is bigger

Wasn't sure where to put this but Rotoworld reporting that Cole is in the lead for MLB duties in Minny. I guess we are all assuming this is temporary until Kendricks learns the system?

Figures I just dropped Cole in one of my Dyno leagues

Wasn't sure where to put this but Rotoworld reporting that Cole is in the lead for MLB duties in Minny. I guess we are all assuming this is temporary until Kendricks learns the system?

Figures I just dropped Cole in one of my Dyno leagues
I would be surprised to see Cole last in that spot. This is temporary and expect Kendricks to surpass him soon.

Any reason that Nick Moody no longer warrants observation?
I thought I had elevated everyone I still had a little interest in up from the Tier Jumper then Moving Out section. Moody belongs in the same range as Sheppard, Cole, etal. Thanks for asking. I'll make sure he's back in next week's update.

Any thought on Zach Vigil? He's already working with second team defense in Miami and the LB depth chart is quite open

Any thought on Zach Vigil? He's already working with second team defense in Miami and the LB depth chart is quite open
Know very little about him. I think all the various dings those once ahead of him on the linebacker depth chart is giving him more opportunity than he otherwise would've had. If he's still seeing opportunity after those players return, I'll take a much closer look.

What are y'alls thoughts on Sean Lee? He's already missing preseason games and not practicing in pads. I really like him but these news are worrisome for someone with the "injury prone" label.

Take this with a grain of salt... I was out with two very good friend of mine that grew up with and are still close to two agents that work for Relativity Sports, the firm that represents JPP. One of the agents was back in town visiting family and came out to meet my two friends.

He said that JPP will not play this year. He has severe nerve damage in his hand. They kept everyone from the Giants organization at bay due to the ongoing contract negotiations/issue.

I can say that this guy is the real deal, I can't confirm what he is saying is true, but food for thought as he's closer to JPP than any of us are including the organization.

ETA: This was about 2 weeks ago.

Thoughts on Christian Jones? Haven't seen much of him but last 3 weeks last year he put up very good numbers, wondering how that'll translator to this defense.

Jones is listed in the latest update as TIER 2A | RISK-REWARD LB2
Yes I saw him there but wondered if Jene had seen anything more. Podcast talked about McClellin possibly getting to call the plays but I don't see him as a 3 down ILB, but others may.

Yes I saw him there but wondered if Jene had seen anything more. Podcast talked about McClellin possibly getting to call the plays but I don't see him as a 3 down ILB, but others may.
everything i have read/heard has Shea calling plays at ILB. they're happy with him to this point from what i understand (unless something has changed in the last week).

McClellin and Jones are every down players. Bostic and Foster aren't threats today, though Bostic is still on my watch list.

The communicator thing isn't meaningful to me. It's not necessarily an indicator the user is a special talent.

Watching Patriots and Sheard starts at DE (with Chandler Jones)with Ninkovich at OLB/ Interesting.

everything i have read/heard has Shea calling plays at ILB. they're happy with him to this point from what i understand (unless something has changed in the last week).
Shea has a bonus on passing downs... he is a good pass rusher.

McClellin and Jones are every down players. Bostic and Foster aren't threats today, though Bostic is still on my watch list.

The communicator thing isn't meaningful to me. It's not necessarily an indicator the user is a special talent.
Very true.

But it gives more opportunities because the team trust the player from a mental standpoint.

They dont just allow everyone to set the defense, read the offense and be a communicator.

We are typically happy with compiling stats in fantasy football. Green dot is more good then bad.

McClellin and Jones are every down players. Bostic and Foster aren't threats today, though Bostic is still on my watch list.The communicator thing isn't meaningful to me. It's not necessarily an indicator the user is a special talent.
We are typically happy with compiling stats in fantasy football. Green dot is more good then bad.
A little condescending, aren't we?

McClellin and Jones are every down players. Bostic and Foster aren't threats today, though Bostic is still on my watch list.The communicator thing isn't meaningful to me. It's not necessarily an indicator the user is a special talent.
Very true.

But it gives more opportunities because the team trust the player from a mental standpoint.

They dont just allow everyone to set the defense, read the offense and be a communicator.

A little condescending, aren't we?
Why is that condescending?

Your last line read a little snarky in response to a guy who churns out content here to the benefit of many. If not intended, my mistake. Carry on...

Jene on the Sep 2 DL article there was no mention of Malik Jackson of Denver. Kinda penciled him in as a sleeper to possibly take in the draft...any hope for him or move on?

LaDarius Gunter and Quinten Rollins are ball hawks and if starting could be rookie corner rule targets but Randall could be too. If Gunter is the slot CB he could put up a lot of points but that hasn't been decided yet. Ge's had a good prison but is probably 3rd in the rookie pecking order because he's an UDFA. He is from Miami U and Shields has been mentoring him. He isn't fast but seems to play fast on the field. Players to watch...

LaDarius Gunter and Quinten Rollins are ball hawks and if starting could be rookie corner rule targets but Randall could be too. If Gunter is the slot CB he could put up a lot of points but that hasn't been decided yet. Ge's had a good prison but is probably 3rd in the rookie pecking order because he's an UDFA. He is from Miami U and Shields has been mentoring him. He isn't fast but seems to play fast on the field. Players to watch...
Gunter only had 6 picks and 21 PD's in 37 college games.

Rollins had 7/9 in 12 games.

Users who are viewing this thread