What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Melvin Gordon, BAL (9 Viewers)

I got a blurb on sleeperbot saying he convinced the team to,let him play despite knee and hamstring issues. Do we start him no matter what? I don't have Ekeler sitting around but I could play Richard in that spot. Man....fighting for the 6th and last seed here...

Last edited by a moderator:
I know he is supposed to play, but who knows how much or how long.  I am starting Aaron Jones over him in 2 leagues.  

I got a blurb on sleeperbot saying he convinced the team to,let him play despite knee and hamstring issues. Do we start him no matter what? I don't have Ekeler sitting around but I could play Richard in that spot. Man....fighting for the 6th and last seed here...
If you're worried that gordon plays but doesn't get a full workload...

Would you rather have richard not getting a full workload in a bad matchup or gordon not getting a full workload in an easy matchup?  How many more touches would you have to expect from richard to even make this a decision? 

I'm deciding between gordon and breida and i'm leaning towards breida but if my only other option was Richard, i could live with getting knocked out of ther playoffs because my stud back got hurt more easily than because i played a bad player over him.

If you're worried that gordon plays but doesn't get a full workload...

Would you rather have richard not getting a full workload in a bad matchup or gordon not getting a full workload in an easy matchup?  How many more touches would you have to expect from richard to even make this a decision? 

I'm deciding between gordon and breida and i'm leaning towards breida but if my only other option was Richard, i could live with getting knocked out of ther playoffs because my stud back got hurt more easily than because i played a bad player over him.
Good stuff. It’s actually more colllicated though. As off now I have Gordon and Richard in flex but might not have Baldwin therefore I put Richard in at RB and Gordon at flex and if he pulls something warming up and gets declared out then I can put Sutton in his spot. Baldwin being Q hurts too. What a pain in the ### fantasy is...

Not much.  He didn't show anything outstanding last time he was the man.
This may be moot since Gordon is expected to play, but "last time he was the man":

• The Chargers played TEN, which gives up the 3rd fewest fantasy points to RBs.
  • The Chargers ran just 44 offensive plays, their lowest total of the season and well below their average of 58.4 offensive plays per game.
I would not expect that TEN game to be predictive, especially against Arizona, if Gordon ends up not playing or playing a reduced role.

Assuming Gordon is active, anyone starting Ekeler over him anyway?
Nope.

The Chargers have already shown they'll sit Gordon if he's not right.  If he's active, he's in my lineup.  Otherwise I'm looking at Ekeler or Drake (both sharing backfields).

Rough hit but looks like it could have definitely been worse. Wouldn't expect him to play next week at least.

Every year with this guy smh...always around the playoffs.

Well guys up up deer camp refreshing my fantasy stats with no TV.  How bad did the hit look?

He walk off on his own?

This is not looking good. Gordon was acting like his season was done. He walked to the locker room but with a towel over his head and visibly upset.

Well guys up up deer camp refreshing my fantasy stats with no TV.  How bad did the hit look?

He walk off on his own?
Chargers called a double reverse except a AZ defender broke in right as Gordon got the ball. Came in low around his ankle and whole body got flipped around. Looked worse in real time, but he got up slow regardless.

Just gotta wait for info now. Too much speculation on internet right now. Could be ankle, could be knee, no idea.

And had he broken it for a touchdown you would have been exclaiming how wonderful an idea it was. 
No, I wouldnt have.  It was idiotic to risk his health in a game where he came in ailing with a chronic knee and hamstring and wasnt even needed to begin with, let alone to continue to ride him in the second half when the chargers were already cruising to an easy win.  I nearly benched him for James White coming into this game over my concern of just this sort of thing happening early in the game.

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/772636-gordon-remains-iffy-do-i-play-him-regardless/

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/10284/melvin-gordon

ESPN's Eric Williams reports Melvin Gordon suffered an MCL injury Week 12 against the Cardinals.

Williams did not report if it is a tear or a sprain -- we know, a sprain is a tear -- which will significantly affect the timetable. That said, it is unlikely Gordon will be ready to face the Steelers next Sunday night. That would leave Austin Ekeler and Justin Jackson to carry the load in the Chargers' backfield. Nov 25 - 8:14 PM

Source: Eric Williams on Twitter

Users who are viewing this thread