Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
gianmarco

***Official Melvin "Flash" Gordon*** Thread of Love

1 hour ago, Andrew74 said:

Any insights on Gordon this week?  I see Schefter tweeted he is expected to play.  I’m paranoid he’ll pull a Cook.  I could put in Chubb but Gordon has been a stud. 

Full practice Friday. I’d start him with confidence. He was reportedly close to playing last game,  but with the BYE the team was cautious. 

19 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Full practice Friday. I’d start him with confidence. He was reportedly close to playing last game,  but with the BYE the team was cautious. 

Maybe Minnesota or Jacksonville could take notes...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:

Is he a free agent? Him and Bell free agents possibly? Wowza!

They exercised his 5th year option, so he isn't a FA next year

Edited by Alex P Keaton

Melvin Gordon rushed 18 times for 93 yards and hauled in 5-of-6 targets for 72 yards and a touchdown in the Chargers' Week 10 win over the Raiders.

Gordon looked like he might bust in a great spot early in this game, but he started to get things cooking in the second quarter before blowing the game open on the first drive of the second half. After catching a dump off from Philip Rivers, Gordon made two defenders miss and beat everyone else to the end zone for a 66-yard touchdown. He was mostly unstoppable from that point on, and he stacked rushing yardage as the Chargers ran down the clock late. With a great matchup against the Broncos on deck, Gordon will remain a high-end RB1.

Nov 11 - 6:59 PM

Dammit. Well at least I have a fallback (Gore) in a game starting 20 minutes AFTER the Chargers' game. 

Hopefully they just sit him and let him get healthy for the stretch run.  Have a feeling he sits.  If the way they treated him a few weeks back tells us anything they will.

1 hour ago, icehouse said:

What do y'all expect from Ekeler if Gordon sits?

Not much.  He didn't show anything outstanding last time he was the man.

6 hours ago, icehouse said:

What do y'all expect from Ekeler if Gordon sits?

Top-15 RB, with upside for more. Arizona is about as easy a match up as it gets for RB's. 

I got a blurb on sleeperbot saying he convinced the team to,let him play despite knee and hamstring issues. Do we start him no matter what? I don't have Ekeler sitting around but I could play Richard in that spot. Man....fighting for the 6th and last seed here...

Edited by Kwai Chang Caine

2 hours ago, Kwai Chang Caine said:

I got a blurb on sleeperbot saying he convinced the team to,let him play despite knee and hamstring issues. Do we start him no matter what? I don't have Ekeler sitting around but I could play Richard in that spot. Man....fighting for the 6th and last seed here...

If you're worried that gordon plays but doesn't get a full workload...

Would you rather have richard not getting a full workload in a bad matchup or gordon not getting a full workload in an easy matchup?  How many more touches would you have to expect from richard to even make this a decision? 

I'm deciding between gordon and breida and i'm leaning towards breida but if my only other option was Richard, i could live with getting knocked out of ther playoffs because my stud back got hurt more easily than because i played a bad player over him.

3 minutes ago, bostonfred said:

If you're worried that gordon plays but doesn't get a full workload...

Would you rather have richard not getting a full workload in a bad matchup or gordon not getting a full workload in an easy matchup?  How many more touches would you have to expect from richard to even make this a decision? 

I'm deciding between gordon and breida and i'm leaning towards breida but if my only other option was Richard, i could live with getting knocked out of ther playoffs because my stud back got hurt more easily than because i played a bad player over him.

Good stuff. It’s actually more colllicated though. As off now I have Gordon and Richard in flex but might not have Baldwin therefore I put Richard in at RB and Gordon at flex and if he pulls something warming up and gets declared out then I can put Sutton in his spot. Baldwin being Q hurts too. What a pain in the ### fantasy is...

14 hours ago, tkrull said:

Not much.  He didn't show anything outstanding last time he was the man.

This may be moot since Gordon is expected to play, but "last time he was the man":

• The Chargers played TEN, which gives up the 3rd fewest fantasy points to RBs.
  • The Chargers ran just 44 offensive plays, their lowest total of the season and well below their average of 58.4 offensive plays per game.

I would not expect that TEN game to be predictive, especially against Arizona, if Gordon ends up not playing or playing a reduced role.

Edited by Just Win Baby

2 hours ago, BigBlue_RI said:

Don’t worry folks. He’s playing against me in a must win. He’s bound to go off.

I'll counter that with we are starting him in a must win and he's bound to screw us.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Polka King said:

Assuming Gordon is active, anyone starting Ekeler over him anyway?

Nope.

The Chargers have already shown they'll sit Gordon if he's not right.  If he's active, he's in my lineup.  Otherwise I'm looking at Ekeler or Drake (both sharing backfields).

Edited by tkrull

1 minute ago, lod001 said:

I'll counter that with we are starting him in a must win and he's bound to screw us.

Yup. Remember when he got hurt in first half of first week of the fantasy playoffs 2 years ago? Fun times. Lost my playoff match 5 points cause of that.

1 hour ago, Polka King said:

Assuming Gordon is active, anyone starting Ekeler over him anyway?

Tempted but don't think i can do it.

ETA: pulled him for Edwards.

Edited by Tool

Rough hit but looks like it could have definitely been worse. Wouldn't expect him to play next week at least.

Every year with this guy smh...always around the playoffs.

6 minutes ago, ShamrockPride said:

Rough hit but looks like it could have definitely been worse. Wouldn't expect him to play next week at least.

Every year with this guy smh...always around the playoffs.

What's the basis for this?

Well guys up up deer camp refreshing my fantasy stats with no TV.  How bad did the hit look?

He walk off on his own?

This is not looking good. Gordon was acting like his season was done. He walked to the locker room but with a towel over his head and visibly upset.

Edited by Futz

Just now, in2win said:

Well guys up up deer camp refreshing my fantasy stats with no TV.  How bad did the hit look?

He walk off on his own?

Got leg whipped. Looked like ankle to me

1 minute ago, Futz said:

This is not looking good. Gordon was acting like his season was done. He walked off the field but with a towel over his head and visibly upset.

Let's not get carried away

11 minutes ago, in2win said:

He walk off on his own?

Chargers called a double reverse except a AZ defender broke in right as Gordon got the ball. Came in low around his ankle and whole body got flipped around. Looked worse in real time, but he got up slow regardless.

Just gotta wait for info now. Too much speculation on internet right now. Could be ankle, could be knee, no idea.

Edited by ShamrockPride
  • Like 1