Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
gianmarco

***Official Melvin "Flash" Gordon*** Thread of Love

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, tjnc09 said:

lol their RBs had 197 yards combined against Detroit.  And those teams are 4-1-1 in their other six games.

That one loss was the Saints without Drew Brees, against the undefeated Rams. 

The Chargers are a very good team that happens to be 1-2. Frankly, I think they are quite a bit better than the 3-0 Bills, who have played nothing but bottom feeders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, travdogg said:

That one loss was the Saints without Drew Brees, against the undefeated Rams. 

The Chargers are a very good team that happens to be 1-2. Frankly, I think they are quite a bit better than the 3-0 Bills Cowboys, who have played nothing but bottom feeders.

Fixed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, SayWhat? said:

Dude is trying to secure a $13MM+ per year contract and likely $25-35MM+ guaranteed at the only stage of his career that he has the opportunity to do that.  And he attempted to use the only leverage he has available to him to accomplish that objective.  Pretty sure Melvin Gordon (a) weighed the cost/benefit of losing a few $300K game checks vs the likelihood that his holdout might result in the Chargers caving and conceding an extra $1-3MM+ per year in out years to get him on the field this year and (b) is glad that you're not his agent. 

Melvin, you clearly haven't thought this out!  I don't care that you're almost guaranteed $10MM+ per year moving forward if you simply avoid injury this year, nor do I give a rats ### that you'll likely get $25MM+ guaranteed.  And quite frankly, it's not my concern that you're only making $4.5MM this year, and are risking that $10MM+ per year and $25MM+ guaranteed every time you step on the field.  You'll get your ### out there and damn well like it, ACL's, MCL's, PCL's, broken bones, and concussions be damned.  You hear me?! 

Ummm..NO? What did his SHORT holdout net him in the end? Anyone?  The bolded doesnt help your argument as he had no leverage. None. Zero. With this white flag move he has even less. Let's see if he goes all out for his teamates or shows he's worried about injury. Not sold on all out atm. Do I get what you're saying? Yes. Do I agree?  No.  We shall soon see what he is going to bring to the Chargers. My guess is a small bump in rb production but not enough to be paid like the likes of Gurley et all. Even those guys have contracts that might illicit a head scratch or two(Elliot excepted so far, maybe, kinda). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, matttyl said:

Fixed.

I wouldn't go that far. Dallas has been blowing out the bottom feeders, Buffalo has barely been scraping by, and could easily be 1-2 themselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BoltNlava said:

Ummm..NO? What did his SHORT holdout net him in the end? Anyone?  The bolded doesnt help your argument as he had no leverage. None. Zero. With this white flag move he has even less.

Yeah, it didn't work.  That doesn't mean it was a "bad decision."  Do you want me to spell out what his holdout didn't get him?  It didn't get him hurt the past two months.  That's what it didn't get him.  And regardless of you feeling like he had zero leverage, I guarantee you a team with a 37 year old franchise QB with Super Bowl aspirations cares that their RB1 wasn't on the field to start the season.  Did they care enough to increase their supposed offer from $10MM to $13MM per year?  Clearly not.  That doesn't mean that Gordon had zero leverage, or that he made a "bad decision" by holding out.  That talk is nonsense, and anyone with an ounce of financial sense understands that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SayWhat? said:

Yeah, it didn't work.  That doesn't mean it was a "bad decision."  Do you want me to spell out what his holdout didn't get him?  It didn't get him hurt the past two months.  That's what it didn't get him.  And regardless of you feeling like he had zero leverage, I guarantee you a team with a 37 year old franchise QB with Super Bowl aspirations cares that their RB1 wasn't on the field to start the season.  Did they care enough to increase their supposed offer from $10MM to $13MM per year?  Clearly not.  That doesn't mean that Gordon had zero leverage, or that he made a "bad decision" by holding out.  That talk is nonsense, and anyone with an ounce of financial sense understands that. 

Ok....The Chargers want thier money back. They are going after the fines levied so far. Does that say "OMG WE MISSED YOU SO MUCH!" ? No. But you know what? You absolutely might be right. I admit that. I'm saying I think you're not. I'm as sure of this stance as you are. I respect your position and would only ask you this...Why did the Cowboys pay Elliot and the Chargers not pay Gordon? My position is Gordon is no Elliot. Everyone see's that. Everyone. As for Rivers. Yes he's old and and whatever you think but he has nothing to do with Gordons situation as has been shown by Charger's brass and the great work of Ekler and Jackson. Mistakes have been made by the hapless Chargers ,many  in the past of Rivers tenure. This has been what it is for 10 + years. Gordon has no bearing on that. At least that's what most in the know believe. As far as financial sense...lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BoltBacker said:

With neutral game script I think the split would be closer to 55/35/10 but I just don't think the chargers are as good as everyone is saying they are.

That OL is just horrible and won't really be improving anytime soon, if anything they are more likely that one of those five guys gets hurt and the wheels REALLY come off at that point. Anyone that thinks Gordon was the reason the chargers were 1-2 are in for a rude awakening. The next four teams they face are a combined (1-11) this year but just before the bye they play @CHI, GB(which let's be honest will have more green and gold in the stadium no matter where the game is getting played), and KC(there will probably be more Mahomes jerseys in the stands than charger jerseys combined). Those playoff caliber teams will really expose this charger team imo.

I expect the chargers to be in passing situations and behind often for the rest of the season so a 45/45/10 split may be more reasonable than most people think just based on the fact Ekeler has such a big role in the passing game. Not saying Ekeler is so good, or that Gordon is so bad, just saying the chargers are pretty bad and adding Gordon doesn't make them all that much better because RB wasn't really among the biggest problems on the lac roster.

Assume your 10% portion of splits is Jackson. I think Jackson will be closer to 0-5%. He has not performed well in the passing game this year, and he has been terrible at pass blocking. Ekeler is great in the passing game and solid at pass blocking and Gordon is solid/good at both, so Jackson won't likely see any passing downs ahead of the other two unless someone gets hurt. I expect that will keep him off the field for the most part.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Quote

Chargers coach Anthony Lynn "doubts" Melvin Gordon will play this Sunday.

"Never say never, but doubt he’ll play this weekend," was Lynn's exact quote. Lynn also made it clear Gordon will remain the team's starter once he's back up to speed following his lengthy holdout. "He's our starter. No doubt," Lynn said. "As soon as Melvin's ready, he'll go back. He'll go back to number one." Gordon could be looking at a 70 percent snap share over Austin Ekeler as early as Week 5.

SOURCE: Omar Ruiz on Twitter

Sep 26, 2019, 3:28 PM ET

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SayWhat? said:

And he attempted to use the only leverage he has available to him to accomplish that objective.  Pretty sure Melvin Gordon (a) weighed the cost/benefit of losing a few $300K game checks vs the likelihood that his holdout might result in the Chargers caving and conceding an extra $1-3MM+ per year in out years to get him on the field this year and (b) is glad that you're not his agent. 

Gordon had no leverage, as has now been proven. The Chargers didn't cave, Gordon caved. Your statement makes no sense.

Furthermore, in his absence, a UDFA (Ekeler) and 7th round pick (Jackson) thrived, which made Gordon look replaceable, or at least closer to it than he would have had he not held out.

Gordon is subject to approximately $2M in fines for missed preseason training camp and games and about $1.3M in regular season checks, assuming he doesn't get paid for week 4. So in the end he may have given up about $3M, more than half of this year's salary, in order to make himself look foolish and possibly replaceable.

He got terrible advice and should fire his agent.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BoltNlava said:

Ok....The Chargers want thier money back. They are going after the fines levied so far. Does that say "OMG WE MISSED YOU SO MUCH!" ? No. But you know what? You absolutely might be right. I admit that. I'm saying I think you're not. I'm as sure of this stance as you are. I respect your position and would only ask you this...Why did the Cowboys pay Elliot and the Chargers not pay Gordon? My position is Gordon is no Elliot. Everyone see's that. Everyone. As for Rivers. Yes he's old and and whatever you think but he has nothing to do with Gordons situation as has been shown by Charger's brass and the great work of Ekler and Jackson. Mistakes have been made by the hapless Chargers ,many  in the past of Rivers tenure. This has been what it is for 10 + years. Gordon has no bearing on that. At least that's what most in the know believe. As far as financial sense...lol

The Cowboys paid Zeke because he's the 23 year old engine that drives their offense and based upon that he had an insane amount of leverage when combined with the fact that he had two years left on his contract.  Gordon is not even remotely as critical to the Chargers, they've clearly decided he's not worth more than $10MM per year moving forward, and he was in the last year of his deal.  But he's still important to the Chargers and impactful to their W's and L's.   Again, I'm not claiming the Chargers were ever going to change their offer.  But Gordon's holdout was his only means by which to truly find out and as an added benefit, it allowed him to avoid two months of practices and a month of games where he wasn't subjected to a career altering injury that would severely impact the relative jackpot he might hit this coming offseason. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does he get his $10 Million?  Or is he playing under his rookie deal?  If the latter, holding out for four games was a truly terrible idea.  I guess he "saved" himself from injury for five games.

SMH - I got this one wrong, thought he'd have been back day 1 - the way he and his agent handled this makes no sense!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SayWhat? said:

The Cowboys paid Zeke because he's the 23 year old engine that drives their offense and based upon that he had an insane amount of leverage when combined with the fact that he had two years left on his contract.  Gordon is not even remotely as critical to the Chargers, they've clearly decided he's not worth more than $10MM per year moving forward, and he was in the last year of his deal.  But he's still important to the Chargers and impactful to their W's and L's.   Again, I'm not claiming the Chargers were ever going to change their offer.  But Gordon's holdout was his only means by which to truly find out and as an added benefit, it allowed him to avoid two months of practices and a month of games where he wasn't subjected to a career altering injury that would severely impact the relative jackpot he might hit this coming offseason. 

The injury angle is not as viable as you think. Every minute presents injury possibilities. If he was worried about injuries he should realize then that he is in the wrong business. EVERY time you set foot on a football field injury is possible. Period. Don't sign if you don't want to risk that. He may be setting himself up for injury moreso from this holdout. We don't know. What I do know is that holdouts lead to soft tissue injuries. We have seen that over and over. Missed games with checks are better though right? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Just Win Baby said:

Gordon had no leverage, as has now been proven. The Chargers didn't cave, Gordon caved. Your statement makes no sense.

Furthermore, in his absence, a UDFA (Ekeler) and 7th round pick (Jackson) thrived, which made Gordon look replaceable, or at least closer to it than he would have had he not held out.

Gordon is subject to approximately $2M in fines for missed preseason training camp and games and about $1.3M in regular season checks, assuming he doesn't get paid for week 4. So in the end he may have given up about $3M, more than half of this year's salary, in order to make himself look foolish and possibly replaceable.

He got terrible advice and should fire his agent.

I think even Gordon likely realized that he had little to no leverage.  That's beside the point.  As I said, withholding his services (which are clearly valued by his employer or they wouldn't have offered a $10MM per year contract) was the only leverage available to him.  Did his employer cave to his demands?  Nope.  But can you answer whether the Chargers might be 2-1 instead of 1-2 if they had Gordon?  You'll never know.  But I bet the Chargers wish he had reported before Week 1.   

And made himself look foolish, received terrible advice and should fire his agent?  Because he felt that he wasn't being paid what he deserves?  Give me a break.  My word.   :lmao:

I guess we'll see what the NFL market thinks about Gordon as "replaceable" this offseason, provided he gets through the year healthy.  (For the record, I don't think he's a $10MM per year RB, but I'll be willing to bet that 1 out of 32 teams feels differently.) 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Faust said:

Chargers coach Anthony Lynn "doubts" Melvin Gordon will play this Sunday.

"Never say never, but doubt he’ll play this weekend," was Lynn's exact quote. Lynn also made it clear Gordon will remain the team's starter once he's back up to speed following his lengthy holdout. "He's our starter. No doubt," Lynn said. "As soon as Melvin's ready, he'll go back. He'll go back to number one." Gordon could be looking at a 70 percent snap share over Austin Ekeler as early as Week 5.

SOURCE: Omar Ruiz on Twitter

Sep 26, 2019, 3:28 PM ET

 

I didn't even think he was eligible to play.  If he is, wouldn't the Dolphins be the perfect team to have him play against to get him up to speed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, matttyl said:

I didn't even think he was eligible to play.  If he is, wouldn't the Dolphins be the perfect team to have him play against to get him up to speed?

On any given Sunday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, matttyl said:

I didn't even think he was eligible to play.  If he is, wouldn't the Dolphins be the perfect team to have him play against to get him up to speed?

i'd start 10 snaps of melvin gordon over my current rb2 (michel :bag:  )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But haven't we been seeing the last day or two that he can't play this weekend?  Something about reporting yesterday vs Tuesday or something. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, iamkoza said:

i'd start 10 snaps of melvin gordon over my current rb2 (michel :bag:  )

Dark Helmet will never let a non BRADY shine more than his glint. RB's wr"s and D lineman know this sad truth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The conversation in here has turned a little strange. People have really dug into their positions. As kind of an outsider to the whole thing, Gordon showed one thing: that LA could go with two other guys for less money and get reasonably similar results. He showed he was replaceable. Heck, one back on the roster is rated the 8th overall back thus far into the season in the league by PFF. That's impressive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BoltNlava said:

The injury angle is not as viable as you think. Every minute presents injury possibilities. If he was worried about injuries he should realize then that he is in the wrong business. EVERY time you set foot on a football field injury is possible. Period. Don't sign if you don't want to risk that. He may be setting himself up for injury moreso from this holdout. We don't know. What I do know is that holdouts lead to soft tissue injuries. We have seen that over and over. Missed games with checks are better though right? 

I can't even respond to this.  You're right.  He should change careers.  Plenty of things Melvin Gordon could do to make $10MM per year, I'm quite sure.  He shouldn't have signed that slotted rookie deal four years ago which fixed his wages for five years regardless of his performance. He should've just went and taught at his local high school.  

If he was worried about injuries he should realize he's in the wrong business. Don't sign if you don't want to risk that.  I'd get banned if I said what I felt about that statement.  Gordon is simply attempting to maximize his earnings.  Ya know, like most people do in their respective professions.  Except in most professions you don't sit around in 2019 making $80K knowing that next year you'll be making $300K per year with $1.5MM guaranteed, but before that occurs you suffer a debilitating injury such that every prospective employer now says that you're actually now only worth $40K per year with no guarantee of future earnings.   

The injury concern is the primary thing that Melvin Gordon is concerned about this year, I can virtually guarantee you that.  And if you think the risk for injury while training alone for two months = the risk for injury during an NFL training camp and playing in NFL games, then I'm not sure this conversation is going anywhere.  In fact, it's not.  Good luck Charger Nation!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, rockaction said:

The conversation in here has turned a little strange. People have really dug into their positions. As kind of an outsider to the whole thing, Gordon showed one thing: that LA could go with two other guys for less money and get reasonably similar results. He showed he was replaceable. Heck, one back on the roster is rated the 8th overall back thus far into the season in the league by PFF. That's impressive.

The chargers are 1-2. What it showed is Ekeler is a great receiving back and medicore rusher (we knew this and that will be his role on the team). Jackson is a good runner and medicore receiver. Gordon is the best rusher and still a great receiving back. This is the main reason he will see at minimum 65% of the snaps.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PFF rates Justin Jackson and Austin Ekeler the 11th and 8th best all-around backs in the NFL. Not sure where Gordon sits in relation. I'm not sure anyone is going to have their mind changed by rankings and facts, though, as the issue seems very impassioned on both sides.

I'm just saying if you have those two guys on your roster, you might not want them competing with you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lynn made it clear, however, that once Gordon is ready to roll, he'll be the workhorse.

"No doubt. He's our starter," the coach said. "He was the starter for a reason and I like the way Austin and J.J [Justin Jackson]'s been working. They've done a heck of a job. They've both proved they can play in this league, but they will still have a major role in the offense. But as soon as Melvin's ready, he'll go back. He'll go back to No. 1."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001059135/article/anthony-lynn-gordon-will-be-no-1-rb-when-hes-ready

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, BoltNlava said:

Should have stuck with this. 

First thing you've posted that makes sense.  :hifive:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Frenchy Fuqua said:

Lynn made it clear, however, that once Gordon is ready to roll, he'll be the workhorse.

"No doubt. He's our starter," the coach said. "He was the starter for a reason and I like the way Austin and J.J [Justin Jackson]'s been working. They've done a heck of a job. They've both proved they can play in this league, but they will still have a major role in the offense. But as soon as Melvin's ready, he'll go back. He'll go back to No. 1."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001059135/article/anthony-lynn-gordon-will-be-no-1-rb-when-hes-ready

Where does it say “workhorse”?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Alex P Keaton said:

So starter = workhorse?

Cool.  Matt Breida is a workhorse too.

hey whatever. not trying to win the internet or nothing but starter has meant 60+% of all snaps in the Charger history last 10 years if not way more. That is a lot fyi but we will have to wait and see won't we. If you are right I will give you a like on your post Jan 2020. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BoltNlava said:

hey whatever. not trying to win the internet or nothing but starter has meant 60+% of all snaps in the Charger history last 10 years if not way more. That is a lot fyi but we will have to wait and see won't we. If you are right I will give you a like on your post Jan 2020. 

LOL.  Doesn’t matter to me, I have Gordon and Ekeler.  :shrug:

It’s just odd to see the term workhorse.  IMO that implies a fairly high usage rate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Alex P Keaton said:

LOL.  Doesn’t matter to me, I have Gordon and Ekeler.  :shrug:

It’s just odd to see the term workhorse.  IMO that implies a fairly high usage rate.

Didn't look it up but you can.. his usage rate is high. Right? They will grind him like hamburger and Eckler will catch passes and spell him. JMO.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, matttyl said:

I didn't even think he was eligible to play.  If he is, wouldn't the Dolphins be the perfect team to have him play against to get him up to speed?

This is a bit tricky, but I have to imagine that if he suits up he will be getting a good number of snaps.  I will play him against the lowly Dolphins if that’s the case over James White.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Count me in with those saying Gordon will get high usage.  They don't care about his long term health since he'll likely be gone next year.  And if he gets hurt it's no biggie since they have very capable backups.  They are going to milk Gordon for every thing they can and in the process will be preserving Ekeler and Jackson for the future.  The Charger's coaches/front office/ownership might even get a little satisfaction if Gordon does get hurt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Crazysight said:

This is a bit tricky, but I have to imagine that if he suits up he will be getting a good number of snaps.  I will play him against the lowly Dolphins if that’s the case over James White.

You don't want to be benching White this week. NE will be feeding him in the receiving game. Burkhead and Edelman are both banged up and they have no healthy TE's . . . so they won't be able to run much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Don Hutson said:

  The Charger's coaches/front office/ownership might even get a little satisfaction if Gordon does get hurt.

I'm almost sure you didn't mean this. Right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Career Stats: 

Yds/Car: Gordon: 4.0 / Ekeler 5.1

Carries/TD:  Gordon 32 / Ekeler 27

Yds/Rec: Gordon 8.7 / Ekeler 10.9 

Catch% : Gordon 74.9% / Ekeler 78.7%

Yds/Touch: Gordon 4.8 / Ekeler 6.8 

:popcorn: 

 

I do think it would be wise for them to get their money’s worth before letting Gordon go and handing the job to the superior back next year. 

Gordon will likely get every chance to carry the bigger slice of this shared backfield, this year. However, if Gordon reverts to his sub 4.0YPC ways, I could see Ekeler possibly taking back a larger share down the stretch. 

Edited by [icon]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BoltNlava said:

I'm almost sure you didn't mean this. Right?

I doubt Anthony Lynn would get any satisfaction but I don't think highly of the Spanos family.  People can be petty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SayWhat? said:

The injury concern is the primary thing that Melvin Gordon is concerned about this year, I can virtually guarantee you that.

Then why not wait a few more weeks to come back?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Don Hutson said:

I doubt Anthony Lynn would get any satisfaction but I don't think highly of the Spanos family.  People can be petty.

The Spanos family is the definition of suck in SD. NO ONE here would piss on them if they were on fire. I have to say though I doubt they wish injury to any player in their employ. Truly. They have their own injuries. Self inflicted or not. See patriarch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BoltNlava said:

The Spanos family is the definition of suck in SD. NO ONE here would piss on them if they were on fire. I have to say though I doubt they wish injury to any player in their employ. Truly. They have their own injuries. Self inflicted or not. See patriarch.

Alex and Dean may be lousy owners, but none of the Spanoses are wishing injury on anybody.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Maurile Tremblay said:

Alex and Dean may be lousy owners, but none of the Spanoses are wishing injury on anybody.

A not insignificant part of the population is selfish, petty, and vindictive.  You often see the selfishness on this board when someone is happy when a player gets hurt because it helps their fantasy team.  And then that person gets chastised.  It's not an infrequent occurrence.  From what I've seen of the Spanos family, they seem shallower than your average owner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think folks continue to ignore the fact that Gordon holding out reduced his chance of injury.  He missed training camp and a quarter of the season, and it cost him some money in the short term.  But he’s back in plenty of time to showcase his talents to the league while significantly reducing his chance of injury.   If the chargers weren’t going to pay him what he wanted it makes sense to go with that approach to give yourself the best chance at securing a big contract in the off season 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Don Hutson said:

A not insignificant part of the population is selfish, petty, and vindictive.  You often see the selfishness on this board when someone is happy when a player gets hurt because it helps their fantasy team.  And then that person gets chastised.  It's not an infrequent occurrence.  From what I've seen of the Spanos family, they seem shallower than your average owner.

You appear to be making a really weird inference about people you seem not to know all that well.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Skeletore Eh said:

I think folks continue to ignore the fact that Gordon holding out reduced his chance of injury.  He missed training camp and a quarter of the season, and it cost him some money in the short term.  But he’s back in plenty of time to showcase his talents to the league while significantly reducing his chance of injury.   If the chargers weren’t going to pay him what he wanted it makes sense to go with that approach to give yourself the best chance at securing a big contract in the off season 

By what percentage chance do you think he reduced the likelihood of suffering an injury that would have affected his future earnings?

In the worst-case scenario, how much do you think an injury might have reduced his future earnings?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Don Hutson said:

A not insignificant part of the population is selfish, petty, and vindictive.  You often see the selfishness on this board when someone is happy when a player gets hurt because it helps their fantasy team.  And then that person gets chastised.  It's not an infrequent occurrence.  From what I've seen of the Spanos family, they seem shallower than your average owner.

No one is saying you are wrong. Some might disagree. I'm one of those who do. For all we know they are devil worshipers and are currently rubbing chicken blood all over themselves and wishing Melvin spontaneously combusts  on the 50 yard line. Just as he was scoring on a 79 yard td....  all the while ordering from Doordash orange chicken from Panda Express. No insult intended but you get my point right? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, [icon] said:

Career Stats: 

Yds/Car: Gordon: 4.0 / Ekeler 5.1

Carries/TD:  Gordon 32 / Ekeler 27

Yds/Rec: Gordon 8.7 / Ekeler 10.9 

Catch% : Gordon 74.9% / Ekeler 78.7%

Yds/Touch: Gordon 4.8 / Ekeler 6.8 

:popcorn: 

 

I do think it would be wise for them to get their money’s worth before letting Gordon go and handing the job to the superior back next year. 

Gordon will likely get every chance to carry the bigger slice of this shared backfield, this year. However, if Gordon reverts to his sub 4.0YPC ways, I could see Ekeler possibly taking back a larger share down the stretch. 

Holy statistical cherry-picking Batman!!!!

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BoltNlava said:

 starter has meant 60+% of all snaps in the Charger history last 10 years

Not true. It didn’t in 2013 or 2015, and Whisenhunt was the OC in those seasons, as he is now. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.