Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
gianmarco

***Official Melvin "Flash" Gordon*** Thread of Love

38 minutes ago, Weebs210 said:

Enough with the Ekeler owner circle jerk. Here is some real news that will benefit Gordon this week. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/mysportsupdate/status/1187075693961723904?s=21

#Chargers HC Anthony Lynn said LT Russell Okung (pulmonary embolism) will play Sunday vs. Chicago. Positive development

No doubt having starting Tackles is better than them being OUT. 

-When I look at OL injuries, I typically down grade the passing when a starting LT is OUT, RT imact as well but most QBs are right handed and can see the rush coming vs their blind side. These Tackles obviously help a lot in the run game when sweeps and Off Tackles are called. 

-When a Center is OUT like Pouncey it really hampers the running game. LG-RG impact there as well. SO when I am reading that both Center or Guard is OUT I downgrade the run more than the pass and vice versa for the Tackles. 

That's my feelings about it but they all have an impact to both the pass and run. 

On 10/27/2019 at 8:13 PM, Weebs210 said:

There we go!

"..... not so much" ~ Kevin Whisenhunt

I like the Whiz, but really he should have been fired for the way he handled the end of that TEN game forcing the offense through Gordon. It was really a tire fire. 

If Whisenhunt ends up landing someplace and that team also acquires Gordon it would be worth monitoring. Whiz has always given Gordon a GIANT workload(which is why people think he's so talented in the first place).

13 minutes ago, BoltBacker said:

I like the Whiz, but really he should have been fired for the way he handled the end of that TEN game forcing the offense through Gordon. It was really a tire fire. 

If Whisenhunt ends up landing someplace and that team also acquires Gordon it would be worth monitoring. Whiz has always given Gordon a GIANT workload(which is why people think he's so talented in the first place).

In case you missed it. The head coach loves Gordon. Good luck with your ekeler usage. 

24 minutes ago, BoltBacker said:

I think Whis has been doing what Lynn wants in terms of forcing the ball to Gordon. I do think Whis deserved to be fired, but I'm not particularly optimistic that the offensive playcalling will improve. Okung just returned, though, and that should have positive impact for sure.

11 minutes ago, Weebs210 said:

In case you missed it. The head coach loves Gordon. Good luck with your ekeler usage. 

We get it.....you own Gordon.  He's not very good so far this year, and the offense is better with Ekeler in the backfield.  That's what's factual here.

• Love 1

22 minutes ago, Weebs210 said:

I don't have either one on any of my rosters. When I looked at the chargers OL going into this season it looked pretty awful. It wasn't a shock to me at all.

32 minutes ago, Shawnky said:

We get it.....you own Gordon.  He's not very good so far this year, and the offense is better with Ekeler in the backfield.  That's what's factual here.

We get it....you own Ekeler. I'll admit ekeler looks better in the receiving role but looks atrocious running the ball. That's why Gordon gets get rushes and Ekeler gets the passing down work.

• Laughing 1

1 minute ago, Weebs210 said:

We get it....you own Ekeler. I'll admit ekeler looks better in the receiving role but looks atrocious running the ball. That's why Gordon gets get rushes and Ekeler gets the passing down work.

But that's the thing.....I'm not an owner.  Just  tired of your whining, and also aware of Ekeler's production/all purpose yards on the season.  Gordon flat out sucks rushing and receiving.

Edited by Shawnky
  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1

Just now, Shawnky said:

But that's the thing.....I'm not an owner.  Just  tired of your whining.

So you decided to come in and cry about it?

Just now, Weebs210 said:

So you decided to come in and cry about it?

Evidence of me crying?

1 minute ago, Shawnky said:

But that's the thing.....I'm not an owner.  Just  tired of your whining.

Agreed, if anything negative about Gordon is said in this thread, they are immediately met with, "good luck with Ekeler"

It's tiring.

• Like 1

Stop. All of you.  If you have something substantive to say, cool.  Otherwise just drop it.

Please don't reply to this either.  It's done.  Nobody cares why you were right and the other guy was wrong. 

Edited by bostonfred
  • Laughing 1

39 minutes ago, bostonfred said:

Stop. All of you.  If you have something substantive to say, cool.  Otherwise just drop it.

Please don't reply to this either.  It's done.  Nobody cares why you were right and the other guy was wrong. 

I agree with Fred even though he is usually wrong.

• Like 1

Melvin Gordon rushed 20 times for 80 yards and two touchdowns in the Chargers' Week 9 win over the Packers, adding three receptions for 29 additional yards.

Gordon cashed in a pair of goal-line carries as Austin Ekeler was stymied on his. Gordon's second score came only after the Chargers took a field goal off the board to go for a 4th-and-inches from inside the one following a Packers penalty. Ekeler played well, though Gordon out-touched him 23-16. Today was how the Chargers want their backfield to look, as well as how it worked when it was going right in 2018. An awful run defense in the Packers played a huge part, of course. Week 10 Thursday night opponent Oakland has a soft overall defense but is better on the ground than through the air. Gordon will be a mid-range RB2.

Nov 3, 2019, 7:32 PM ET

On 10/29/2019 at 2:29 PM, Shawnky said:

But that's the thing.....I'm not an owner.  Just  tired of your whining, and also aware of Ekeler's production/all purpose yards on the season.  Gordon flat out sucks rushing and receiving.

😂

Melvin Gordon rushed 22 times for 108 yards and a touchdown in the Chargers' Week 10 loss to the Raiders, adding a 25-yard reception.

Even with Philip Rivers bumbling through a disastrous performance behind nonexistent pass protection, Gordon picked up where he left on last Sunday's hot performance, looking explosive and powerful. He pushed the pile on his three-yard touchdown in the second quarter, and might have had a second score late had he not been briefly forced to exit the game following a helmet-to-helmet hit. Finally looking like the back fantasy players thought they were stashing, Gordon has 11 days to rest up for a date with the Chiefs' run-leaky defense.

Nov 7, 2019, 11:48 PM ET

Gordon looked really, really good tonight. 

Raiders are no push-overs against the run, and Gordon was simply carving them up -- up the middle, on stretch plays and sweeps, on end-runs, and had a really great catch-and-run.

6 minutes ago, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

Gordon looked really, really good tonight. 

Raiders are no push-overs against the run, and Gordon was simply carving them up -- up the middle, on stretch plays and sweeps, on end-runs, and had a really great catch-and-run.

He did. Time to sell high?

2 hours ago, Weebs210 said:

No. Hes in game shape now.

I think both can be true in this case. I could see him not topping this one tonight but we’ll see.

Melvin Gordon rushed 14 times for 69 yards and caught 3-of-5 targets for 21 yards in the Chargers' Week 11 loss to the Chiefs Monday night.

Gordon handled just four carries after halftime and dropped his two fourth-quarter targets. He was chewing up yards, along with Austin Ekeler (132 total yards), but the Chargers went extremely pass-happy after the break for some reason despite being in striking distance. Gordon out-carried Ekeler 14-5, but Ekeler led the team with 12 targets. Both backs are strong weekly fantasy plays and get the Broncos in Denver after L.A.'s Week 12 bye.

Nov 19, 2019, 12:04 AM ET

9 hours ago, Faust said:

Melvin Gordon rushed 14 times for 69 yards and caught 3-of-5 targets for 21 yards in the Chargers' Week 11 loss to the Chiefs Monday night.

Gordon handled just four carries after halftime and dropped his two fourth-quarter targets. He was chewing up yards, along with Austin Ekeler (132 total yards), but the Chargers went extremely pass-happy after the break for some reason despite being in striking distance. Gordon out-carried Ekeler 14-5, but Ekeler led the team with 12 targets. Both backs are strong weekly fantasy plays and get the Broncos in Denver after L.A.'s Week 12 bye.

Nov 19, 2019, 12:04 AM ET

I put the first drop on the KCC pass rush. Rivers had to unload that ball a second too soon, hit Gordon awkward as he turned to look for it. The second one (4th qtr) was a flat out bad drop.

Honestly was expecting a big night from Gordon. Juicy match-up against a terrible run defense... wasted opportunity.

2 minutes ago, Dizzy said:

I put the first drop on the KCC pass rush. Rivers had to unload that ball a second too soon, hit Gordon awkward as he turned to look for it. The second one (4th qtr) was a flat out bad drop.

Honestly was expecting a big night from Gordon. Juicy match-up against a terrible run defense... wasted opportunity.

Just wasn't given enough rushing opportunities due to game script.  Was averaging about 5 yards a pop, but when they couldn't convert red zone to TDs early, I knew Rivers would be throwing a lot - so Ekeler would be on the field more later in the game. 

Melvin Gordon rushed 20 times for 99 yards in the Chargers' Week 13 loss to the Broncos, adding two receptions for 11 additional yards.

The Chargers continue to feed Gordon all the run-game work he can handle. He’s made good use of the opportunities in recent weeks, displaying some 2018-esque tackle-breaking ability. Austin Ekeler was also plenty involved, as the offense seemed to embrace two-back formations more than usual. Gordon has become a near-weekly lock for 20-plus touches. Fire him up as a borderline RB1 in Week 14 against a Jaguars defense that has struggled to stop opposing rushing attacks for most of the season.

Dec 1, 2019, 7:47 PM ET

On 12/1/2019 at 9:46 PM, Faust said:

He couldn't get me that one extra yard, could he?

Melvin Gordon rushed 12 times for 55 yards and a touchdown in the Chargers' Week 14 win over the Jaguars, adding five receptions for 29 additional yards.

Gordon scored a goal line touchdown on the first drive of the game. He was plenty effective as both a rusher and receiver, although Austin Ekeler stole the spotlight with 8-101-0 rushing and 4-112-1 receiving lines. Gordon continues to receive borderline RB1 usage as the lead back in this offense. The only problem is a fairly tough matchup in Week 15 against the Vikings’ ferocious front seven. Regardless, treat Gordon as an upside RB2 at home.

Dec 8, 2019, 7:16 PM ET

This guy held out for a big contract to start the year :lmao:

• Laughing 1

Melvin Gordon rushed nine times for 15 yards and two touchdowns in the Chargers' 24-17, Week 16 loss to the Raiders.

He added six catches for 32 yards on seven targets as a receiver. The Chargers simply couldn't run the ball. This offense is totally broken and needs to be revamped under center in the offseason. Gordon accounted for the team's two touchdowns via one-yard plunges, but he obviously didn't do the work in getting the offense to the goal line. Gordon will wrap up his season in Week 17 against the Chiefs and then head to free agency.

Edited by The Frankman