What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** SPOON THE BAND -- Spare Some Change For A Great Rock N' Roll Band? (1 Viewer)

rockaction

Footballguy
Post anything relevant about Spoon here.

Anything. No BS. They're better than the Dead.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
for me they peaked early and have been very inconsistent since girls can tell

girls and sneaks are where its at

you cannot #### with fitted shirt

Long time ago, but this deserves a bump. I've been listening to their latest from 2015 and it's a good one.  

Watched their Austin City Limits performance a few weeks ago which is one of my Favorite ACLs.

http://www.totallyfuzzy.net/ourtube/spoon/the-beast-and-the-dragon-adored-austin-city-limits-video_f24329f81.html

Also have seen them live twice. Something about Britt's stage presence that is just pure effortlessness. Great frontman IMO
Yeah, he's amazing live. He actually watched a girl go by in New Haven, CT, and said to the guy, "oooh -- she likes you."

Or at least I like to think that happened. 

Thanks for the link. Been listening to them all weekend. 

Memorial Day is always Dillinger Four

Labor Day is Spoon.  

not one of their more well known joints, but i'm a big fan of this* one.

*you already know what it's going to be, but you're going to click it anyway

Spoon is a band out of Texas and residing in Portland right now. I would Google it, as it would take a long time to explain, and I'm sort of not in an explanatory mood right now, though I'm in a good one. 

Google Spoon the band.  Listen to Girls Can Tell, Kill The Moonlight, Gimme Fiction, and Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga. Reap rewards and benefits.  

One of my favorite bands. Every album is very good to great. 

I've seen them live at least 8 times and they always deliver. A buddy and I were having a drink before one of their shows and Britt Daniel sat down and drank a beer with us. Really nice guy. 

RA and I usually agree on music but this is a spot where we disagree. I don't get the love for this band.

RA and I usually agree on music but this is a spot where we disagree. I don't get the love for this band.
Neither did my friend who used to write music criticism for the local free/not free paper. He didn't like their minimalism. You're not alone, though most people love them. 

I love it.  

Neither did my friend who used to write music criticism for the local free/not free paper. He didn't like their minimalism. You're not alone, though most people love them. 

I love it.  
It's one of those things where so many people like them (many with great taste) that I have to just let it go and assume I'm the one missing something. I also love the Eagles so I guess maybe I have a crossed wire somewhere.

It's one of those things where so many people like them (many with great taste) that I have to just let it go and assume I'm the one missing something. I also love the Eagles so I guess maybe I have a crossed wire somewhere.
I just love Spoon viscerally, for some reason. They hit me right. It's not even consensus picking. I just dig them.  That's why I get when people don't. Spoon has to have a moment with you. Pull you aside, as it were. Then you get all of their decisions. But if you don't let them pull you aside for a moment, I can totally see it.  

I, too, like The Eagles and get the Eagles hate yet also love them.  Des-per-ado

Last edited by a moderator:
On a Spoon binge right now.

Front page and Dr. Octopus got me thinking that they're up there in the pantheon of American bands. Their quality of output mixed with their meaningful longevity gots to put them there.

Girls Can Tell is a supreme effort.

For all those that love them, i charge you with this mission -- put together a 90 minute cassette tape of their best, should you dare. 45 minute sides.

Users who are viewing this thread