What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Ameer Abdullah - The Bandwagon (1 Viewer)

I guess since Bell isn't healthy yet they needed to put him behind someone. That's laughable to have him behind Riddick.
Veteran respect....who knows.Like I said matter of time. Cream always rises to the top.
It is ridiculous to have him behind Riddick. I could see him remaining behind Bell most, if not all of the year. Not that it will matter much for fantasy. He's going to get on the field.

Another strong pre season game from the rook and you will have to spend a third round pick to get him
This. I think he wins out eventually on talent, but if Bell stays healthy (an if, I know) Abdullah will likely not live up to the ADP of where you;ll need to take him as his stock continues to rise over the next few weeks.

Like it or not, Bell will syphon carries. There are too many down and distance situations in a game where there's the need for a 5'11 230 pound instead of one at 5'10 205.

Stompin said:
Gopher State said:
Another strong pre season game from the rook and you will have to spend a third round pick to get him
This. I think he wins out eventually on talent, but if Bell stays healthy (an if, I know) Abdullah will likely not live up to the ADP of where you;ll need to take him as his stock continues to rise over the next few weeks.

Like it or not, Bell will syphon carries. There are too many down and distance situations in a game where there's the need for a 5'11 230 pound instead of one at 5'10 205.
I agree. Bell is the guy to have here.

Has the fumbling been an issue at all during camp?

That's the one thing that gives me a little pause with him.

Has the fumbling been an issue at all during camp?

That's the one thing that gives me a little pause with him.
This has been discussed and fumbling is a non-issue. At least no more of an issue than any other RB in the NFL.

2011-2012 6 Fumbles 3 Lost 84 Touches Fumble Rate = 14

2012-2013 8 Fumbles 6 Lost 283 Touches Fumble Rate = 35.375
2013-2014 5 Fumbles 5 Lost 311 Touches Fumble Rate = 62.2
2014-2015 4 Fumbles 2 Lost 300 Touches Fumble Rate = 75

I used carries, receptions, KR, and PR to calculate total Touches.

Looks like bootster21 is correct. He has improved dramatically over his 4yr college career.

I am trying to move from 1.6 to 1.3 to secure him in a dynasty.
I've been sitting at 1.6 all off-season with him penciled in. And now, in one week...

I hate preseason. Happens to me every year.
Man, that's a late rookie draft compared to all of my leagues. I got him at 1.06 after not being able to move down in one league, and traded to get him at 1.09 in a Zealots league draft. Did have to overpay for him in an auction startup, though. Paid almost as much as Gurley and Gordon went for.

I'm seriously considering him at 1.2 !!
Careful now. Gurley is an elite-tier prospect, and Amari Cooper is way up there too. I err towards receivers in dynasty, but I don't think I'd take Abdullah over Gurley in any non-redraft league, unless you really need a guy to maybe put you over the top for a championship this year.

I am trying to move from 1.6 to 1.3 to secure him in a dynasty.
I've been sitting at 1.6 all off-season with him penciled in. And now, in one week...

I hate preseason. Happens to me every year.
I am in the same spot. Was going to try to trade to 1.4 but the guy wants Adbullah just as bad and now does not want to move that pick. I MIGHT have a shot at 1.3, but if I can get Gurley or Cooper I would do that instead. Gordon is for sure going #1 in our league.

Last edited by a moderator:
Abdullah blasted right through consensus ADP in my long-time redraft auction league last night. League is fairly sharky:

10% of team cap

T-33rd highest bid overall

T-11th highest RB

Abdullah blasted right through consensus ADP in my long-time redraft auction league last night. League is fairly sharky:

10% of team cap

T-11th highest RB
So picked ahead of veteran starters like Miller, Gore, Ingram, and Alf Morris. Very interesting as those aren't guys who I could see AA going ahead of because of health or track record questions ike Forsett, Randle, and Ellington.

10% of team cap

T-11th highest RB
So picked ahead of veteran starters like Miller, Gore, Ingram, and Alf Morris. Very interesting as those aren't guys who I could see AA going ahead of because of health or track record questions ike Forsett, Randle, and Ellington.
Behind Anderson, Hill, Forsett.

Tied with Miller, Randle.

Ahead of Gore, McCoy, Murray, Ingram

10% of team cap

T-11th highest RB

that's pretty steep and he will not only need to be the feature back but a good one to justify that price tag. I like him but that's a tall task with the information we have right now.

I've got a rookie draft coming up where I have the #2 and #8 overall. If this draft was a month ago, I get this guy at #8 easily. Now, if I want him, I have to take him at #2. What a waste.

With that said, Gurley and Parker are the only other two I can justify taking over him. I'm not a fan of Cooper. I'm definitely not a fan of Gordon. At this point, I could probably get White at #8 with his injury, and now that KB might be down and out, that brings Funchess in to play at #8. I won't get Agholor at #8 and #2 is simply too early for a guy that is tied to the system.

Man, this sucks.

I've got a rookie draft coming up where I have the #2 and #8 overall. If this draft was a month ago, I get this guy at #8 easily. Now, if I want him, I have to take him at #2. What a waste.

With that said, Gurley and Parker are the only other two I can justify taking over him. I'm not a fan of Cooper. I'm definitely not a fan of Gordon. At this point, I could probably get White at #8 with his injury, and now that KB might be down and out, that brings Funchess in to play at #8. I won't get Agholor at #8 and #2 is simply too early for a guy that is tied to the system.

Man, this sucks.
You could trade...

Man, this sucks.
You could trade...
Or just tell us more about your fantasy football dilemma.

Man, this sucks.
You could trade...
Or just tell us more about your fantasy football dilemma.
Yeah ... sorry ... wasn't a "what should I do" post ... just venting. But yes ... sounds more like a bunch of shat that noone is interested in when I read back through it. I was venting ... topic appropriate venting ... but venting just the same. Thanks for the slap in the face Warhogs. I needed that.

10% of team cap

T-11th highest RB

that's pretty steep and he will not only need to be the feature back but a good one to justify that price tag. I like him but that's a tall task with the information we have right now.
Gore is old for a RB

McCoy is injured but probably a great pick that late

Murray should go earlier, as should Ingram

I do think he belongs in the Miller/Randle tier.

10% of team cap

T-11th highest RB

Gore is old for a RB

McCoy is injured but probably a great pick that late

Murray should go earlier, as should Ingram

I do think he belongs in the Miller/Randle tier.
Ingram? Can we just change post to Saints RBs? Do any of these guys stack up to what Craig Heyward meant for taking pressure off Bobby Hebert?

I meant Lat Murray above, not DeMarco.

Iggles Murray went for 16% of cap, T-7th RB (with Hill).

I hope he has a quiet night, as I don't want his draft stock to soar out of hand:

Ameer Abdullah's highlight run boosts his draft stock

http://espn.go.com/fantasy/football/story/_/page/leapmomentsabdullah/ameer-abdullah-fantasy-football-value-nfl-rookie-running-backs

I hope he has a quiet night, as I don't want his draft stock to soar out of hand:

Ameer Abdullah's highlight run boosts his draft stockhttp://espn.go.com/fantasy/football/story/_/page/leapmomentsabdullah/ameer-abdullah-fantasy-football-value-nfl-rookie-running-backs
Today will be the last chance to draft him with less than a third round pick

Ameer Abdullah's highlight run boosts his draft stockhttp://espn.go.com/fantasy/football/story/_/page/leapmomentsabdullah/ameer-abdullah-fantasy-football-value-nfl-rookie-running-backs
Today will be the last chance to draft him with less than a third round pick
About 15 minutes ago he was taken w/ pick 3.10 in a 12 team, .5 PPR redraft league I'm in.

In the 3 MFL10s that I started after last week's game he has went 4.04 (RB19), 4.06 (RB20), 4.04 (RB21).

My guess is that he could get as high as RB11, if he continues to have a solid preseason and Bell doesn't get on the field.

Where is everyone seeing him go in rookie drafts?
Before the 1st preseason game he was around that 1.7 - 1.10 spot. After the 1st preseason game he is at the 1.4 with White getting moved down.

If he plays good tonight, I wouldn't be surprised to see people taking him in the 1.2 or 1.3. Not saying I agree with that, but you better be in the top 4 of you want a chance, especially in PPR.

Also, any homers here that go to Lions training camp? Has he been monopolizing goal line carries in practice?
Don't know but it could be a concern once Bell is healthy.
That's my main concern. He doesn't have breakaway speed so he will need goal line carries to be elite. He reminds me so much of Emmitt Smith. I'm betting Larry Allen could have beaten Emmitt in a 100m sprint but he got the goal line carries ... ALL OF THEM.

I won't get into whether Abdullah is like Bernard in terms of physical attributes, running style, etc. But in terms of situations, it really does appear to be comparable to Bernard's rookie year. Everyone could see that he was talented, and it seemed only a matter of time before he took over the starting job from the incumbent. But the coaches were determined to spread things around, use Law Firm at the goal line, etc.

I see the same thing here. Just because, from a fantasy perspective, we want the Lions to pick a bellcow back doesn't mean it makes sense from a football perspective for them to do it.

As a Lions fan, I hope Abdullah turns out to be the next Barry Sanders. But I'm tempering my fantasy expectations for this season, and if his ADP keeps shooting up I'll avoid him entirely.

He looks good and Gordon started off slow. My conundrum in one league is which one would I rather have for say the next 3 seasons. It was Gordon hands down for the longest time but now Abdullah is making this really tough to call for me.

Ameer Abdullah's highlight run boosts his draft stock

http://espn.go.com/fantasy/football/story/_/page/leapmomentsabdullah/ameer-abdullah-fantasy-football-value-nfl-rookie-running-backs
I was right there with you. Glad it worked out for us :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread