Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
EBF

Official Ameer Abdullah - The Bandwagon

It almost looks like this guy tackles himself half the time. It's unreal how quickly he goes down when someone gets the tiniest fingernail on him.

Gonna try to drop him for LaFell in a league with tight roster limits. He's blown an absolutely golden opportunity with all the fumbles.

Guys, guys..

Zenner is done for the year, Bell was downgraded to limited today and Riddick's hammy is still ailing him. All we need is for Winn to get hit by a truck after DET actives him off the PS and we might get 10 points out of AA this week in PPR.

• Like 1

Guys, guys..

Zenner is done for the year, Bell was downgraded to limited today and Riddick's hammy is still ailing him. All we need is for Winn to get hit by a truck after DET actives him off the PS and we might get 10 points out of AA this week in PPR.

Jesus, if Bell is out do we take a chance on this kid again???? Kinda crazy how rewinding to week 1 this would have been the absolute IDEAL scenario for him to thrive.

Minnesota got destroyed by Hyde week 1 but since then have been really stout against the run, per yahoo:

Minnesota has given up the 6th fewest fantasy points to Running Backs this season.

Hillman did post 100+ and TD last week though....

Decision decisions.

Pushed his per game average over 30 today with his stellar 8-43-0 performance. Oh, and zero targets.

Droppable in all redraft formats.

Pushed his per game average over 30 today with his stellar 8-43-0 performance. Oh, and zero targets.

He will rot on my bench instead of dropping him and watching someone pick him up free and then go off after investing a high pick on him.

On pace for:

765 yards from scrimmage

4.57 TDs

30 receptions

3.58 YPC

I invested a sixth rounder in him and was thrilled to get JStew in return. The latter is almost worthless in full PPR, won't start him, but if something happens to one of my lead backs at least I'll have a guy who is productive most weeks.

I no longer see any upside in AA. Bell, Burton or Winn will get RZ carries. Theo is the man in the passing game. If something happens to Riddick he might have Flex appeal but that's about it. The offense is woeful and though Abdullah is talented he is not a transcendent talent that can overcome the O-line or leadership deficiencies in Detroit.

Regardless of what you paid for him, it's a Sunk Cost. Your investment won't change based on what you do today or in the future. But continuing to hold a wasted roster spot may incur Opportunity Cost because you are foregoing more productive players who could help your team.

Caveat: Redraft only. Hold in Dynasty and hope for better seasons ahead.

He will rot on my bench instead of dropping him and watching someone pick him up free and then go off after investing a high pick on him.

I invested a high redraft (3 keeper) pick on him, then took Foster late since everyone was afraid to pull the trigger. Last couple weeks have been starting Foster and Woodhead, with AA sitting on my bench...hoping. Now I'm screwed.

Dropped for DWill last week, covering L Bell

I have him in a 14 team league with decent size bench. Only draft pick I whiffed on but I feel like there is still time for him to get it and come on strong by playoff time. I doubt there's anything on the waiver wire either I'd rather have either with that many teams. A 12 team or lower league, I could maybe see cutting him loose. Overall I think there is still hope.

In a league where we only need to start 1RB - I'm dropping him and rolling with GB's backfield Lacy/Starks rest of season.

Even with guys like Jonathan Stewart on waivers in a short 12 team bench league.

Okay so, Lombardi was fired today and the former OL coach Cooter is taking over. Caldwell is still there but maybe a shake-up at OC can help AA. I also decided to go back and watch his film from last week and he still looks very good to me, I will be uploading the video shortly.

He's still not startable but I still feel like he deserves a bench spot in redraft.

Lombardi fired as well as OL coach. I'm guessing this is good news for Abdullah????? Any insight into Jim Bob Cooter, the new OC?

Okay so, Lombardi was fired today and the former OL coach Cooter is taking over. Caldwell is still there but maybe a shake-up at OC can help AA. I also decided to go back and watch his film from last week and he still looks very good to me, I will be uploading the video shortly.

He's still not startable but I still feel like he deserves a bench spot in redraft.

Well, he did average 5.375 per carry this week. Zero targets. Plus side, no fumbles.

Lombardi fired as well as OL coach. I'm guessing this is good news for Abdullah????? Any insight into Jim Bob Cooter, the new OC?

He's smart. No schtick, 35 on his ACT.

Worked for Fox in Denver, Fox wanted to hire him in Chicago to be the OC.

UT guy.

Once was arrested for burglary.

That's all I got. But it's all true.

Edited by BobbyLayne

I am invested in him in a dynasty type league so I hope he works out. I'm no expert and don't watch film but it seemed to me like he tended to slam into the line a bit early and not wait to let the blocks set up. I could be wrong.

I am invested in him in a dynasty type league so I hope he works out. I'm no expert and don't watch film but it seemed to me like he tended to slam into the line a bit early and not wait to let the blocks set up. I could be wrong.

Although I think the OL played better vs. MIN I don't really think AA has the luxury of being able to be patient and let plays develop. IMO he either hits the first hole he sees or the play is going to get blown up. I'm no expert either, however.

Edited by SameSongNDance

UT guy.

Can't be too smart if you got caught stealing something.

UT guy.

Can't be too smart if you got caught stealing something.

He didn't steal anything.

ETA - 5 things

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25354693/who-is-jim-bob-cooter-five-things-to-know-about-the-new-lions-oc

Edited by BobbyLayne

Yet another reason for me to hang on to him... I'm hoping he's startable in a few weeks.... Keeping the faith..

It's not the talent...it's the situation. Kid has uber talent. His line has been dreadful and his QB looks awful so far.

Things can't get any worse. Hopefully the OC and OL coaching changes will be the shot in the arm the offense needs.

Redraft - moderate hold

Dynasty - ├╝ber strong hold

I'm amazed at Miami's turnaround, and specifically Miller & Tannehill, since the coaching change.

But I don't expect the same kind of miracles in Motown.

Coming up: @KC, bye, @GB, Oak, Phi, GB, @StL

The rest of the fantasy regular season is mostly bad match-ups. Even if Oak/Phi aren't bad, can I bring myself to start this guy when he isn't showing much? Ugh.

I'm amazed at Miami's turnaround, and specifically Miller & Tannehill, since the coaching change.

Miami came off a bye and got to face Tennessee and Houston. It's not that amazing.

Miami came off a bye and got to face Tennessee and Houston. It's not that amazing.

Well, let's review. During the bye week they were 30th in the Power Rankings. After the bye week they won by 28, and the next week they were up 41-0. Here's a complete list of NFL teams that have had back to back dominating games during the 2015 season:

Arizona

Miami

New England

One of these is not like the other two.

Back on topic: if Detroit, as expected, abandons the zone blocking scheme that cost three people their jobs, who benefits the most? Joique is healthier & still will see some work, Theo leads all NFL backs in receptions, and we kind of still don't know what AA is besides a fumbler with potential.

How does it play out from here?

Not sure what you're saying with that list. They aren't close to the other two, selective statistics is what I'd call it. Because they beat the Titans and the Texans convincingly somehow puts them up with AZ and NE?

They have 4 of their next 5 games on the road, including 3 in a row (Pats, Bills, Eagles). Then Dallas at home in W11 with Romo and Dez back. Then they play at the Jets. We will see if they are still amazing after that stretch.

Well, let's review. During the bye week they were 30th in the Power Rankings. After the bye week they won by 28, and the next week they were up 41-0. Here's a complete list of NFL teams that have had back to back dominating games during the 2015 season:

Arizona

Miami

New England

One of these is not like the other two.

Back on topic: if Detroit, as expected, abandons the zone blocking scheme that cost three people their jobs, who benefits the most? Joique is healthier & still will see some work, Theo leads all NFL backs in receptions, and we kind of still don't know what AA is besides a fumbler with potential.

How does it play out from here?

My prediction is that it's still going to be an RBBC. Caldwell seems to prefer some sort of committee based on his previous history with the Colts and Ravens and guys who's strength seems to be in scheming such as Cooter(lol) usually prefer a committee as well.

Agreed. He didn't look all that bad to me.
Easily the best RB on the team. He isn't a guy who can create something out of nothing consistently though. He needs solid blocking up front.

5ypc behind that line seems like something from nothing to me.

Although I think the OL played better vs. MIN I don't really think AA has the luxury of being able to be patient and let plays develop. IMO he either hits the first hole he sees or the play is going to get blown up. I'm no expert either, however.

The thing I am noticing is he seems to have a jet pack on. If he ever gets a crease, he'll be gone.

The thing I am noticing is he seems to have a jet pack on. If he ever gets a crease, he'll be gone.

Tremendous burst! We saw that twice in his very limited preseason, and first carry of the season (24 yard rushing TD.) Somehow they have gone almost half of a season & not figured out ways to get him the ball in space.

Such a wasted talent ATM. Hoping JBC finds a way to get him touches out wide & on screens.

Not a great top end burner, though. I wouldn't expect long home runs where he runs away from the crowd. But he's definitely got big play potential.

Tremendous burst! We saw that twice in his very limited preseason, and first carry of the season (24 yard rushing TD.) Somehow they have gone almost half of a season & not figured out ways to get him the ball in space.

Such a wasted talent ATM. Hoping JBC finds a way to get him touches out wide & on screens.

Not a great top end burner, though. I wouldn't expect long home runs where he runs away from the crowd. But he's definitely got big play potential.

Agreed, It's more about his first step than his top end speed. But if he jukes the first few guys out of their shoes, he'll be gone anyway.

as soon as abdullah learns to hold onto the football he'll have massive christine michael-like upside.

• Like 1

Sadly Abdullah's decline doesn't seem to be as much about opportunity as it does ball security...gonna be a big "what if..." when the season ends. Think David Wilson

Arizona

Miami

New England

Not sure what you're saying with that list. They aren't close to the other two, selective statistics is what I'd call it. Because they beat the Titans and the Texans convincingly somehow puts them up with AZ and NE?

They have 4 of their next 5 games on the road, including 3 in a row (Pats, Bills, Eagles). Then Dallas at home in W11 with Romo and Dez back. Then they play at the Jets. We will see if they are still amazing after that stretch.

So yeah, Miami was a mirage. And the road ahead ain't pretty.

I just moved A.J. Green and Abdullah for Forsett and Cooks. I'm honestly shocked he drew any interest at all. I'm still infatuated because I watch his tape and still believe in him as a player but how anyone would willingly invest DET's backfield is beyond me. It's possible that the OC change may have changed his perceived value so I guess it can't hurt to shop him around some.