Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
EBF

Official Ameer Abdullah - The Bandwagon

First action / posting on Ameer since August. Any takers on fantasy production from him week 17?

MIN would like to go out with a W and someone has to get the carries and targets. Someone has to score.

44 minutes ago, Team Smokin' said:

First action / posting on Ameer since August. Any takers on fantasy production from him week 17?

MIN would like to go out with a W and someone has to get the carries and targets. Someone has to score.

I have listened to both Bears and Vikings podcasts talking about the game this week.

Everyone thinks it doesn't matter so there is very little as far as diving down on players or game plans and so on. Both teams are already shifting towards off season talk.

Boone was pretty ineffective and as it turns out the Vikings only played him on 18 snaps last week. Most of that was in the first half of the game.

Ameer Abdullah ended up playing 32 offensive snaps (59%) and was the favored RB in the passing game, He had 6 receptions on 7 targets in the game getting dump off passes while the Vikings were trying to catch up. To illustrate how bad Kirk Cousins was. Ameers 31 yards receiving last week was 25% of his total yards passing. All of that was in the 2nd half of the game.

For this week it looks like the Vikings will be starting Sean Mannion. No idea if he can move the ball either or what his preferences might be, but based on how last game played out I think Ameer is a better start than Boone is.

Since the game doesn't matter why not give Ameer a chance to show what he can do? Main issue with him has been the fumbles. But for this game why not give it to him a lot and see how does?

I am expecting most of the Vikings starters to not play or only play as needed.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Biabreakable said:

I have listened to both Bears and Vikings podcasts talking about the game this week.

Everyone thinks it doesn't matter so there is very little as far as diving down on players or game plans and so on. Both teams are already shifting towards off season talk.

Boone was pretty ineffective and as it turns out the Vikings only played him on 18 snaps last week. Most of that was in the first half of the game.

Ameer Abdullah ended up playing 32 offensive snaps (59%) and was the favored RB in the passing game, He had 6 receptions on 7 targets in the game getting dump off passes while the Vikings were trying to catch up. To illustrate how bad Kirk Cousins was. Ameers 31 yards receiving last week was 25% of his total yards passing. All of that was in the 2nd half of the game.

For this week it looks like the Vikings will be starting Sean Mannion. No idea if he can move the ball either or what his preferences might be, but based on how last game played out I think Ameer is a better start than Boone is.

Since the game doesn't matter why not give Ameer a chance to show what he can do? Main issue with him has been the fumbles. But for this game why not give it to him a lot and see how does?

I am expecting most of the Vikings starters to not play or only play as needed.

Good analysis!

Bloom has Ameer ranked the highest this week at RB #20 in our league scoring format. He would fit as my top option at Flex this week over the likes of L Murray, M Lynch, DK Metcalf, J Watson, and Hollister. The question for me is could I do it? As a Detroit Lion homer I remember the fumbles and questionable Lions draft for Ameer. Vikings will be giving someone the ball. Bloom as Ameer at RB #20, that's low end RB #2 for the week. I just know I'm gonna have a hard time pulling the trigger on him. I'll prolly listen some this morning. At 12-4 we win with a win or the team at 11-5 loses.