Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Biabreakable

Duke Johnson RB Houston Texans

7 hours ago, Bracie Smathers said:

I think this week he will get a lot more touches, not just Higgins dinged and Willies out but they tried utilizing Chubb in the passing game last week and that didn't work and they were sniffing around Rishard Mathews and even if they sign him it is too late in the week for him to see any touches. 

Meanwhile the light bulb over Hue Jackson turned on where he remembered he already has Duke Johnson on his roster and he's being under utilized.

--------------------------------------------------

Nate Ulrich‏ @ByNateUlrich 5h5 hours ago

#Browns HC Hue Jackson on RB Duke Johnson: I understand everybody's frustration when they're not getting the ball and they're used to getting the ball, we'll work through it, he's a huge part of what we want to do, we've got to find ways to get him the ball

---------------------------------------------------

Nate Ulrich‏ @ByNateUlrich 5h5 hours ago

#Browns HC Hue Jackson said WR Derrick Willies injured shoulder during today's practice and did not finish practice. Hue said "we'll see" when asked if he's optimistic about Willies' chances to play Sunday. Hue pointed out Damion Ratley and Duke Johnson are candidates to fill in.

Problem is hue has no power over the offense. I think it is all on Haley.

The Browns are running out of options in the passing game.

Landry is getting as much as he can handle, Njuko's work increased and he still is inconsistent catching the ball, Higgins and Willies are not playing, Hyde is getting a full workload, Chubb is ineffective in the passing game.  

Duke has been underutilized, knows how to pick up the blitz, can run, and is an excellent receiver.

Haley has the 30th ranked offense in the league but even he can figure it out.

Feed Duke.

EDIT:  Oh and Callaway can't catch but he's been getting tons of targets so their is still plenty of meat on the bone for Duke to get more looks.

Edited by Bracie Smathers

Looks like he may be headed back to my starting lineup. 

21 hours ago, Bracie Smathers said:

The Browns are running out of options in the passing game.

Landry is getting as much as he can handle, Njuko's work increased and he still is inconsistent catching the ball, Higgins and Willies are not playing, Hyde is getting a full workload, Chubb is ineffective in the passing game.  

Duke has been underutilized, knows how to pick up the blitz, can run, and is an excellent receiver.

Haley has the 30th ranked offense in the league but even he can figure it out.

Feed Duke.

EDIT:  Oh and Callaway can't catch but he's been getting tons of targets so their is still plenty of meat on the bone for Duke to get more looks.

Box score from yesterday's game.  Double receptions and triple yardage on half the targets.  Who would you use more?

Antonio Callaway

• targets 11
  • receptions 2
  • yards 10

Jarvis Landry

• targets 9
  • receptions 2
  • yards 11

Duke Johnson

• targets 5
  • receptions 4
  • yards 73

109 total yards on 2 rushes and 4 receptions to lead the team in both rushing and receiving.

The injuries that have devastated the WR corps and his ability to thrive out of the slot won't dictate him getting more reps  at WR. 

-------------------------------------------

Scott Petrak ct‏ @ScottPetrak

FollowFollow @ScottPetrak

#Browns Duke Johnson shook his head back and forth repeatedly when asked if he sees role changing with all the injuries at WR. Later was asked how he'd fare if playing as WR: I think I'd have some success. I have the skill set to do it.

10:07 AM - 17 Oct 2018

• Like 1

Great Info!  Thanks guys I'll definitely pick him up.  

Hopefully the idiots who call themselves a coaching staff will utilize the best passing weapon they have on the team save Landry.  

• Like 1

Dropped him a few weeks ago and he's still on the WW. But I do like Cleveland's upcoming schedule, so I'll keep tabs on him in case his production starts to tick up.

On 10/15/2018 at 4:04 AM, flapgreen said:

Everyone drop him? 

Dropped in my league for Marlon Mack.

On 10/15/2018 at 2:45 PM, Bracie Smathers said:

Box score from yesterday's game.  Double receptions and triple yardage on half the targets.  Who would you use more?

Antonio Callaway

• targets 11
  • receptions 2
  • yards 10

Jarvis Landry

• targets 9
  • receptions 2
  • yards 11

Duke Johnson

• targets 5
  • receptions 4
  • yards 73

Based on this one game? Still Landry.

Chubb also sitting on my wire. Haley seems to love feeding one RB regardless of other options.

28 minutes ago, Chaka said:

Chubb also sitting on my wire. Haley seems to love feeding one RB regardless of other options.

Haley has one offense regardless of personnel. Not a great OC.

5 hours ago, Chaka said:

Based on this one game? Still Landry.

You'd use him MORE?  He's being taken away by the opposition.

( Landry and The Others. Against the Chargers, he was double-teamed >> "If you're a defensive coordinator and if there's one guy to stop and you just stop that one guy, your chances go up of winning the game, so why not try to stop that one guy and just see who else can beat you?'' Landry said. ).  

Duke is being underutilized (not only as a receiver) but just as a receiving RB he should thrive against the Bucs who are giving up a ton of yards to receiving backs.  From ROTO:

With 41.7 receiving yards per game the past three outings, Johnson is finally earning some steady inclusion in the passing phase again. The Buccaneers, meanwhile, have allowed 66.6 receiving yards per game to tailbacks, third most in the NFL. There is still a good bit of risk given Johnson's lack of reliable usage this season, but the matchup and recent trends align for a sneaky flex play in deeper leagues.

-----------------------------------------------------

Duke started out with a bad game and that was clearly an anomaly if you look at what he's done every game since the first game but the poor catch rates for Callaway and Landry have been  their all year. 

Antonio Callaway

• 37.5% Catch rate (over past 5 games 38.46 %)

Jarvis Landry

• 46.3% Catch rate (over past 5 games (over past 5 games 46.15 %)

Duke Johnson

• 63.3% Catch rate (over the past 5 games 81.3%)

Duke should be used more in the passing game.

1 hour ago, Bracie Smathers said:

Duke started out with a bad game and that was clearly an anomaly if you look at what he's done every game since the first game but the poor catch rates for Callaway and Landry have been  their all year. 

Antonio Callaway

Jarvis Landry

Duke Johnson

I suspect aDOT would explain most of this.

Grabbed Chubb but Duke is still available. I wonder if I should double up and drop Clement. Gotta love RBBC.

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Everybody running to Chubb but I wonder if Duke is the play in PPR

In full point ppr I think Duke is the better play here.  

8 hours ago, Bracie Smathers said:

( Landry and The Others. Against the Chargers, he was double-teamed >> "If you're a defensive coordinator and if there's one guy to stop and you just stop that one guy, your chances go up of winning the game, so why not try to stop that one guy and just see who else can beat you?'' Landry said. ).  

Duke is being underutilized (not only as a receiver) but just as a receiving RB he should thrive against the Bucs who are giving up a ton of yards to receiving backs.  From ROTO:

With 41.7 receiving yards per game the past three outings, Johnson is finally earning some steady inclusion in the passing phase again. The Buccaneers, meanwhile, have allowed 66.6 receiving yards per game to tailbacks, third most in the NFL. There is still a good bit of risk given Johnson's lack of reliable usage this season, but the matchup and recent trends align for a sneaky flex play in deeper leagues.

Antonio Callaway

Jarvis Landry

Duke Johnson

Yes. Landry is their best player in the passing game.

Maybe he'll finally play like I drafted him to 

11 hours ago, Bracie Smathers said:

Antonio Callaway

Jarvis Landry

Duke Johnson

Hi, where are you getting your numbers? 

What resource shows receiving yards per game to tailbacks?  

Never-mind found a site.  

Edited by the spanker

4 hours ago, Deamon said:

did yoiu mean to link the same thread?

Yes this is the moment I’ve been waiting for 

1 hour ago, creepythinman said:

Going Duke over Chubb in waiver priority.

Steel balls. 

2 hours ago, creepythinman said:

Going Duke over Chubb in waiver priority.

Gong luck with that

12 minutes ago, the spanker said:

Duke RB11 ppr last year.   No luck required.   

Exactly 

On 10/19/2018 at 6:01 AM, cloppbeast said:

Haley has one offense regardless of personnel. Not a great OC.

Still trying to figure out WTF Big Ben liked about this guy? It seems Ben Succeeded in spite of the guy and so did the Steelers offense. 

2 hours ago, Underachievers said:

I'm still wondering how in hell Chubb is even available in anything over 8 team leagues.

lol he is  not, this thread is for peeple bragging they have chubb. duke isstill better imo.

• Like 1

Just now, Ilov80s said:

lol he is  not, this thread is for peeple bragging they have chubb. duke isstill better imo.

I was gonna trade for him in my keeper league but the owner who has him quit. Comish is now in charge of three ghost teams line up. One guy hasn't been seen since draft night other two unprofessionally quit and one guy dropped all his players and tried to sabotage the league. The other was just incredible disrespectful to boss in charge. Trade veto as many of us thought there was collusion involved between two managers having issues with others including the Comish in the league. I might try and get a high draft pick for one guy to possible have a chance at Chubb in next years draft as league is going down to 10 teams and we're finding an owner for the one team who didn't sabotage the league just never showed as its the better of 3 teams. Just sucks I can't have the opportunity to get him. Would be funny though to have the two UGA guys on my fantasy roster though

5 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

I was gonna trade for him in my keeper league but the owner who has him quit. Comish is now in charge of three ghost teams line up. One guy hasn't been seen since draft night other two unprofessionally quit and one guy dropped all his players and tried to sabotage the league. The other was just incredible disrespectful to boss in charge. Trade veto as many of us thought there was collusion involved between two managers having issues with others including the Comish in the league. I might try and get a high draft pick for one guy to possible have a chance at Chubb in next years draft as league is going down to 10 teams and we're finding an owner for the one team who didn't sabotage the league just never showed as its the better of 3 teams. Just sucks I can't have the opportunity to get him. Would be funny though to have the two UGA guys on my fantasy roster though

Can I get in the league? 

8 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

Can I get in the league? 

No money league if that is an issue and we have two guys lined up for next year possible but the one guy I emailed taking over now hasn't gotten back to me and it's been 2 weeks now. This was a league we had from a baseball board the MLB.com boards team version but MLB got rid of all the boards in March literally 2 weeks before opening day. We had a few issues getting the league going but Commissioner set up a Facebook group. DM me and I could talk to the Comish about possible having you come in.It's a keep 4 league with a draft every year. Typical league settings PPR. Noting is for certain but I could run it by the Commissioner who if he's ok with it will run it by the other owners. It's a great group of guys (Seriously even with the drama I just posted about) who are left. The 2 that were basically banned after quitting caused a lot of drama. The one dude constantly made a mountain of a mole hole on the smallest of things in the league. A few of us already expressed our concerns of having him gone from the league since the ending of the first year he joined. The other just became a complete douchbag after the trade was vetoed. Went after everyone after threatening to quite and we called his bluff. Then he went on a rampage making some comments on the comish. The Comish didn't kick them out both quit just to be clear. He posted a messaged on the FB group explaining what happened through the whole ordeal and asked our opinions of bring one or both back. It was a pretty big "don't let the door hit them on the way out" response from everyone left. I didn't realize almost everyone had at least 2 issues with the one owner already.

The rest of the guys are good owners know a good amount of football for baseball guys. I actually came up with the idea for the league after we already had a redraft league we had going for 5-6 yrs already. A few of the guys from that joined and I wanted to start a keeper league. I was hoping to be able to get everyone to agree on keeping more then 4 guys though at least 6. All new ideas run through the comish who puts up a poll. Rosters are freezes after the playoffs until the league opens the next year as we had an issue with a guy making shady trades that if the league was in session would've been vetoed. That guy hasn't been around for 3 yrs though. 

Edited by DJackson10
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

Still trying to figure out WTF Big Ben liked about this guy? It seems Ben Succeeded in spite of the guy and so did the Steelers offense. 

Ben has aided Tomlin in his job security too imo. With good players, especially at qb, any coach can win. See barry switzer or mike mcarthy. 

As for Haley, he's pretty bad at subbing personell to create matchups. There's a good chance one of these backs gets the majority of the work. Imo DJJ could reap a haul since he can play all three downs.

Edited by cloppbeast
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, cloppbeast said:

Ben has aided Tomlin in his job security too imo. With good players  especially at qb, any coach can win. See barry switzer or mike mcarthy. 

As for Haley, he's pretty bad at subbing personell to create matchups. There's a good chance one of these backs gets the majority of the work. Imo DJJ could reap a haul since he can play all three downs.

Don't get me started on McCarthy. The Dude makes Andy Reid's clock management look amazing and I'm saying that as a die hard Eagles fan who literally grew up from 5th grade too part of my adult life with the guy as coach. Rodgers is the only reason McCarthy is still HC there. He's the dictionary version of A team being successful and winning in spite of the HC. Still trying to figure out how that guy won a SB before Andy Reid. 

Duke Johnson - RB -  Browns

Duke Johnson is listed as the starter for Week 7 against the Bucs.

We wouldn't read much into this. Johnson is listed ahead of Chubb out of seniority, but may not start depending on what formation the Browns open in. Chubb remains the favorite to lead Cleveland in Week 7 carries.

Source: Akron Beacon-Journal 

Oct 21 - 11:42 AM

9 minutes ago, Faust said:

Duke Johnson - RB -  Browns

Duke Johnson is listed as the starter for Week 7 against the Bucs.

We wouldn't read much into this. Johnson is listed ahead of Chubb out of seniority, but may not start depending on what formation the Browns open in. Chubb remains the favorite to lead Cleveland in Week 7 carries.

Source: Akron Beacon-Journal 

Oct 21 - 11:42 AM

Never read into a piece of information which doesn't fit your preconceived notions.

Edited by cloppbeast

Given up. Hue has proven he's a moron many times over. He's not waking up now. 

Edited by flapgreen