Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
workdog3

*** All aboard the J Train - Official Jay Ajayi Thread***

Dolphins-Titans Friday Injury Reports

Three Dolphins players were ruled out for the game against the Tennessee Titans when the team released its final injury report of the week Friday. 

The three players — TE  Jordan Cameron  (concussion), CB  Xavien Howard  (knee) and LB Koa Misi  (neck) — did not practice Friday. Misi was limited in practice Wednesday. 

Running back  Arian Foster , who missed the past two games because of a hamstring injury, was listed as doubtful. He practiced on a limited basis Friday. 

Four other players were listed as questionable: T  Branden Albert  (ankle/illness), LB Jelani Jenkins  (groin), C  Mike Pouncey  (hip) and C/G  Anthony Steen  (ankle). All four were limited in practice Friday. 

Tennessee ruled out three players Friday: S Da’Norris Searcy (ankle), CB Cody Riggs (hamstring) and NT Al Woods (calf). 

Tackle Jack Conklin, the eighth overall pick in the 2016 NFL draft, was removed from the injury report Friday and will play. He was limited in practice Wednesday because of a shoulder injury but was a full participant the last two days. 

Tight end Jace Amaro (shoulder) was listed as questionable. He was a full participant in practice Friday after being limited the previous two days.

Edited by Biabreakable

12 minutes ago, DocHolliday said:

My plan is to sit Gio for Ajayi this week. Not real confident but really need some production from my RB2.  

Hmmmm, Ajayi sitting on my wire and I won Gio as my RB2 as well (and foster).

Tempted to grab him, but not sure I can pull the trigger.

I am probably playing Ajayi in the flex over Ryan Mathews and Brice Butler in PPR. Choo Choo...

5 hours ago, jtd13 said:

I am probably playing Ajayi in the flex over Ryan Mathews and Brice Butler in PPR. Choo Choo...

Not sure I would make either of those choices.  Doug Pederson has been very clear that Matthews is the starter, he practiced all week, isn't on the injury report and is playing a bad defense that is missing their best defensive players (Ansah & Levy).  Butler has a tougher matchup and you don't want to chase a one week wonder (which he likely is) so I guess I can see rolling the dice on Ajayi.

19 hours ago, jtd13 said:

I would stick with Mathews.  Ajayi is for us desperate guys. 

1 hour ago, DocHolliday said:

I would stick with Mathews.  Ajayi is for us desperate guys. 

Agreed.  Matthews has a better match-up, probably a better offensive line and a coach who has quite specifically stated that Matthews is the unquestioned starter when healthy (and Matthews practiced in full all week and isn't on the injury report).

I was considering Ajayi in my flex spot today but am rolling Enunwa out there today.  Barring bad news about Enunwa's knee, or maybe an absolute statement from Gase about committing to Ajayi before kick-off, I think it is the right decision.

YMMV

Ajayi slated to start, per Rotoworld.

Anyone have the stones to start him? I'm concerned that "start" only means he's on the field for the first play but will still be an ugly RBBC. And one mistake and he's on the bench for good.

he's available in 1 of my leagues and I'm planning to start either Sproles or Jacquizz over him... sure he's the "starter", but i'm not all that confident in him

Currently starting him over Gio (non-ppr).  This is his opportunity, and he better know that.

Miami O line is hurting.....starting LT and LG are out

I am starting Gio over Ajayi, but pulling for Ajayi to establish himself today

3 minutes ago, mashedbananas said:

Miami O line is hurting.....starting LT and LG are out

I am starting Gio over Ajayi, but pulling for Ajayi to establish himself today

Yup.  Tunsil & Albert both out.  Pouncey being back helps but the line is still a big question mark.  Sticking with Enunwa as my #2 flex with Blount, Crowell as my #1 & #2 RB and Ryan Matthews as my #1 flex.

Just now, The Man With No Name said:

Wow. On my bench but good to see

Same.

Just traded for him three days ago to back-up Foster. Didn't start either today though. 

1 minute ago, The Man With No Name said:

Wow. On my bench but good to see

Same. What a day. 

...aaaand I managed to drop him this week (short bench league). Eff my life.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, mr roboto said:

On that last one he straight outran a DB who had the angle on him. 

That big run was well blocked, he just follows the path of the play for the most part. Not sure if the DB was gassed or what on that one.

Going into this week the Steelers were top 6 against the run and I was considering them a bad match up. It also seemed that Foster would get the start today.

Thankfully I didn't drop this guy for Washington.  I can't believe I was considering that only a few days ago.

Of course Ajayi was on my bench today but he has to have the lead role now.  How was he not getting the majority carries all season?  

Saw very little of him today. Did he look as good as his numbers, or did the Steelers lay an egg?

This team needed to get their offensive line healthy. I think whoever winds up running for them is going to be productive.

8 minutes ago, renesauz said:

Saw very little of him today. Did he look as good as his numbers, or did the Steelers lay an egg?

The highlights are posted 4 replies ahead of your question.

I guess he dropped a catchable pass earlier on in the game and missed some pass protection assignments according to MOP.

So very quiet for a guy that went 200 and 2...

9 minutes ago, mr roboto said:

Trying to figure out if this is for real 

4 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

Same here. Was Foster still hurt or were they trying to ease him back? I still think Ajayi is the game but what kind of split? I would think after today a HUGE part.

59 minutes ago, mr roboto said:

There are a lot of people who have said Jay Ajayi lacks talent, vision, elusiveness, receiving ability, you name it. They have said he is a complete bum basically. This would include the main journalists who cover the team and the fans who were there at training camp and said it was so obvious that Jay has no talent.

This would seem to include the coaching staff as well who have bent over backwards to not give Jay the opportunity to do what he did today.

I have felt pretty alone supporting this player who based on my observations of his play did not meet any of the above criticisms.

I am not sure if this is because people do not like his name? Maybe they do not like his accent?

I can't put my finger on it.. but there is something about this player many people do not like, that has nothing to do with his abilities as a football player.

Thus the silence.

Edited by Biabreakable

2 minutes ago, Biabreakable said:

There are a lot of people who have said Jay Ajayi lacks talent, vision, elusiveness, receiving ability, you name it. They have said he is a complete bum basically. This would include the main journalists who cover the team and the fans who were there at training camp and said it was so obvious that Jay has no talent.

This would seem to include the coaching staff as well who have bent over backwards to not give Jay the opportunity to do what he did today.

I have felt pretty alone supporting this player who based on my observations of his play did not meet any of the above criticisms.

I am not sure if this is because people do not like his name? Maybe they do not like his accent?

I can't put my finger on it.. but there is something about this player many people do not like, that has nothing to do with his abilities as a football player.

Thus the silence.

Yeah it's really weird. 

1 hour ago, KingPrawn said:

Same here. Was Foster still hurt or were they trying to ease him back? I still think Ajayi is the game but what kind of split? I would think after today a HUGE part.

I didn't see the game, and it's easy to read too much into a box score (see Smallwood, Wendell, Week 3). But 200 yards is 200 yards. Especially given the mess the backfield has been all year, and the team's generally crappy performance, it's just hard to imagine this performance won't carve out a bigger role for him going forward.

He looks pretty good in the highlights.   I didn't expect this at all,  especially with Foster back.  If he gets the same workload next week maybe we can feel good about him going forward. 

7 hours ago, dickey moe said:

I have him on four of my teams. 

... and he was benched on all four. 

8 hours ago, dickey moe said:

yep....had to make a roster move to cover bye and decided he was the guy to go based on performance to date, Foster back, and helped by  RB54 ranking in FBguys Top 200 this week........damn!

Figures, but in all fairness there was nothing to indicate something like this would happen.  Owners who dropped will never get back now unless high waiver priority, he'll be the hot pickup this week obviously.  Win some......lose some.

Will be interesting to see if this this is a one week blip or he has turned the corner.  To those that held congrats, if this is the start of something you'll be well rewarded.

Yeah that explains some of the quietness as well because I don't think anyone started him against what should have been considered a good run defense, uncertain situation with Foster active and all of the question marks surrounding this team going into the game.

Those things are not necessarily in the past either, although you would think the coaches would stick with Jay after what he proved today.

10 hours ago, tricky92 said:

Same.

Just traded for him three days ago to back-up Foster. Didn't start either today though. 

Traded for him this morning to back up Foster - gave up Jacquizz to the Martin owner. Had Ajayi on my bench like everyone else.

If anyone says they started Ajayi they are not being truthful.

5 hours ago, Ilov80s said:

I think it was so quiet because no one started him. He had been ok at best in previous weeks and Foster was back with the assumption that Foster would take over as starter. Since he was on everyones bench no one really talked about him.

9 hours ago, mr roboto said:

On that last one he straight outran a DB who had the angle on him. 

That wasn't a DB, it was the ROLB #95. That's Jarvis Jones, whose 40 time was 4.88 at his pro day.

5 minutes ago, thatguythere said:

Looks like the RB competition in miami is over.

I'm not so sure. While Ajayi obviously had a monster game, Gase himself pointed to the great job of the offensive line as much as Ajayi.

It's hard to imagine Gase not giving Ajayi a lot of work, but I wouldn't rule Foster out the equation at all - especially in the passing game.

Edited by zamboni

2 minutes ago, zamboni said:

I'm not so sure. While Ajayi obviously had a monster game, Gase himself pointed to the great job of the offensive line as much as Ajayi.

It's hard to imagine Gase not giving Ajayi a lot of work, but I wouldn't rule Foster out the equation at all - especially in the passing game.

Well at least until he gets back on the field and gets hurt again.  

The question is, how much to spend in FAB on the guy? He was cut in my league Saturday as news of Fosters return and bye weeks forced an owners hand. Is he a break the bank guy or someone to fade?

1 hour ago, Ilov80s said:

The question is, how much to spend in FAB on the guy? He was cut in my league Saturday as news of Fosters return and bye weeks forced an owners hand. Is he a break the bank guy or someone to fade?

I bid $70/$200 but my backs are terrible with the byes coming up 

4 hours ago, ZWK said:

That wasn't a DB, it was the ROLB #95. That's Jarvis Jones, whose 40 time was 4.88 at his pro day.

Good clarification. Makes more sense. 

1 hour ago, Ilov80s said:

I have $43 left (out of $100) and bidding it all. But I have a great team and basically just trying to lock down more RB depth.