Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
workdog3

*** All aboard the J Train - Official Jay Ajayi Thread***

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, TheWinz said:

Unless my ears are playing tricks on me, I just heard Chris Collinsworth say HOU just signed Jay Ajayi, but I can't find it anywhere else.  Anyone?

I thought I heard Al Michaels say it...but yea, I definitely did hear it and couldn’t find mention of it anywhere either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Long Ball Larry said:

definitely heard the same thing and was getting me kind of down after I just drafted Duke about 20 minutes ago...

OK, at least I'm not going senile

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Quote

John McClain @McClain_on_NFL

I’m told Texans have not signed RB Jay Ajayi.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheWinz said:

OK, at least I'm not going senile

But Al Michael's might be

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't understand why any team would be interested in Ajayi. Mediocre RB who is always injured.

Even if he signed anywhere, at this point would be irrelevant for fantasy IMO.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, RushHour said:

Can't understand why any team would be interested in Ajayi. Mediocre RB who is always injured.

Even if he signed anywhere, at this point would be irrelevant for fantasy IMO.

He'd be relevant in that he's just good enough to hurt a guy on Duke Johnson's level. 

Ajayi is a lot better than Hyde or Yeldon, and teams signed them for some reason. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Crockett >> Ajayi if they would give him a chance. Unfortunately we’re talking about a head coach who was a slave to Alfred Blue.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Field Yates @FieldYates

Heard this on the broadcast as well, but I have been told there is nothing to this at this time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, travdogg said:

 

Ajayi is a lot better than Hyde or Yeldon, and teams signed them for some reason. 

So if hes a lot better then why did they sign Hyde or Yeldon instead? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I added him this afternoon speculatively. If he gets signed for real, I’ll probably sell him to the highest bidder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

health?

I remember years ago the medical report on Ajayi was bone on bone to his knee.  I say he probably did as well as he could have, but maybe he's at the end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

I remember years ago the medical report on Ajayi was bone on bone to his knee.  I say he probably did as well as he could have, but maybe he's at the end.

he was hurt and rehabbing through the Spring. he only got medical clearance at the beginning of camps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Dr. Dan said:

So if hes a lot better then why did they sign Hyde or Yeldon instead? 

Because those guys are/were healthy, also Hyde was cut by the Jags, so he was a FA, before free agency started.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Quote

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet

With the focus on free agent running backs thanks to the high-ankle sprain for #Giants RB Saquon Barkley, worth noting: FA RB Jay Ajayi is close to being game-ready and might be next week, source said. Would be an intriguing midseason addition.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, az_prof said:

Ajayi also trolled Gase in a tweet after Superbowl victory. This may explain why NYG not interested.

I'm not getting what this has to do with the Giants?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Jello_Biafra said:

I'm not getting what this has to do with the Giants?

They aren't really, other than they should probably not sign a backup RB who isn't known as a good locker room guy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, kittenmittens said:

They aren't really, other than they should probably not sign a backup RB who isn't known as a good locker room guy. 

i don't recall any issues during his tenure at Philly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, az_prof said:

Ajayi also trolled Gase in a tweet after Superbowl victory. This may explain why NYG not interested.

Oh boo hoo, Gase is a jackass......Ajayi just isn't 100%.....and why would the NYG care that he trolled the jets coach?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do remember Ajayi being left behind week one because he was sulking about not winning the job after they signed Foster.

Not aware of anything else behind the scenes. There did seem to be real animus between him and Gase that as an outside observer was not related to Ajayi ability to play football.

I would love to see Jay able to play at a high level again. I hope he gets a shot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Biabreakable said:

I do remember Ajayi being left behind week one because he was sulking about not winning the job after they signed Foster.

Not aware of anything else behind the scenes. There did seem to be real animus between him and Gase that as an outside observer was not related to Ajayi ability to play football.

I would love to see Jay able to play at a high level again. I hope he gets a shot.

In a few weeks with the Jets, Gase has managed to sometimes utterly beclown himself when it comes to diplomacy with his players and about other matters. Doesn't surprise me in the least and shouldn't be a black mark on the player. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, steelwind said:

He's 26 so he will get work outs.  Just keep an eye on the news.

He’s much better than the CJA types out there. He’s a good RB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Quote

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet

Free agent RB Jay Ajayi has informed all 32 teams that he is ready for game action and fully recovered from ACL surgery, source said. His market could heat up quickly.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Free agent Jay Ajayi (knee) is expected to work out for teams next week.

Ajayi is a full year removed from a torn ACL. He's told teams he's healthy and could start to draw interest if he can prove it in workouts. Ajayi has a scary knee history, but he's still just 26 and averaged 4.1 YPC in three starts before going down last year. It may take the right situation, but Ajayi should resurface on a non-guaranteed deal.

SOURCE: Les Bowen on Twitter

Oct 12, 2019, 11:12 AM ET

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Healed, rested and ready...let’s go 

possible spots

NE - they have a stable of mediocre

Hou - no depth and probably just a matter of time until Hyde gets dinged

KC - why not?

TB 

St Louis - Gurley is not sustainable and Henderson is not ready

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Rove! said:

Healed, rested and ready...let’s go 

possible spots

NE - they have a stable of mediocre

Hou - no depth and probably just a matter of time until Hyde gets dinged

KC - why not?

TB 

St Louis - Gurley is not sustainable and Henderson is not ready

lol at St. Louis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Casting Couch said:

I'm was thinking more along the lines of WAS or NOS

Saints just snagged Zenner...I would think that Ajayi >> Zenner

Was may not want to bother this year to upgrade and positions....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Rove! said:

Healed, rested and ready...let’s go 

possible spots

NE - they have a stable of mediocre

Hou - no depth and probably just a matter of time until Hyde gets dinged

KC - why not?

TB 

St Louis - Gurley is not sustainable and Henderson is not ready

Houston is the best fit. Ajayi can't be so done that he's not even better than Hyde.

Edited by cloppbeast

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Always thought he was overrated(especially once he joined my Eagles where he was a decent power back, but nothing special), but the thought of him coming in fresh and relatively healthy during the middle of the season has to be intriguing for a steam in the playoff mix. If C.J. Anderson can do it, I don't see why Ajayi can't. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Quote

Free agent RB Jay Ajayi will work out for the Cardinals on Tuesday.

Ajayi is over his 2018 ACL tear and will begin his free-agent tour in Arizona. The Cards are also taking a look at former Chief Spencer Ware, suggesting the team expects to be without David Johnson (who was limited to three snaps in Sunday's win over the Giants) when they visit New Orleans in Week 8. Both would be depth options behind presumed starter Chase Edmonds, who broke out for 150 yards (126 rushing, 24 receiving) and three touchdowns against the Giants.

RELATED: 

David Johnson

, Arizona Cardinals

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Oct 21, 2019, 11:28 AM ET

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see he's getting a few workouts, but it is pretty damning so far that he can't even get an injury replacement gig for the rest of the season at this point.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Foosball God said:

I see he's getting a few workouts, but it is pretty damning so far that he can't even get an injury replacement gig for the rest of the season at this point.

Eh, some guys can't even get workouts...

 

:2cents:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.