Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
workdog3

*** All aboard the J Train - Official Jay Ajayi Thread***

8 minutes ago, TheWinz said:

Unless my ears are playing tricks on me, I just heard Chris Collinsworth say HOU just signed Jay Ajayi, but I can't find it anywhere else.  Anyone?

I thought I heard Al Michaels say it...but yea, I definitely did hear it and couldn’t find mention of it anywhere either.

4 minutes ago, Long Ball Larry said:

definitely heard the same thing and was getting me kind of down after I just drafted Duke about 20 minutes ago...

OK, at least I'm not going senile

John McClain @McClain_on_NFL

I’m told Texans have not signed RB Jay Ajayi.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TheWinz said:

OK, at least I'm not going senile

But Al Michael's might be

• Like 1
  • Laughing 3

Can't understand why any team would be interested in Ajayi. Mediocre RB who is always injured.

Even if he signed anywhere, at this point would be irrelevant for fantasy IMO.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, RushHour said:

Can't understand why any team would be interested in Ajayi. Mediocre RB who is always injured.

Even if he signed anywhere, at this point would be irrelevant for fantasy IMO.

He'd be relevant in that he's just good enough to hurt a guy on Duke Johnson's level. 

Ajayi is a lot better than Hyde or Yeldon, and teams signed them for some reason. 

• Like 1

Crockett >> Ajayi if they would give him a chance. Unfortunately we’re talking about a head coach who was a slave to Alfred Blue.

• Like 1

Field Yates @FieldYates

Heard this on the broadcast as well, but I have been told there is nothing to this at this time.

40 minutes ago, travdogg said:

Ajayi is a lot better than Hyde or Yeldon, and teams signed them for some reason. 

So if hes a lot better then why did they sign Hyde or Yeldon instead? 

I added him this afternoon speculatively. If he gets signed for real, I’ll probably sell him to the highest bidder.

1 hour ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

health?

I remember years ago the medical report on Ajayi was bone on bone to his knee.  I say he probably did as well as he could have, but maybe he's at the end.

20 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

I remember years ago the medical report on Ajayi was bone on bone to his knee.  I say he probably did as well as he could have, but maybe he's at the end.

he was hurt and rehabbing through the Spring. he only got medical clearance at the beginning of camps.

12 hours ago, Dr. Dan said:

So if hes a lot better then why did they sign Hyde or Yeldon instead? 

Because those guys are/were healthy, also Hyde was cut by the Jags, so he was a FA, before free agency started.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet

With the focus on free agent running backs thanks to the high-ankle sprain for #Giants RB Saquon Barkley, worth noting: FA RB Jay Ajayi is close to being game-ready and might be next week, source said. Would be an intriguing midseason addition.

14 minutes ago, az_prof said:

Ajayi also trolled Gase in a tweet after Superbowl victory. This may explain why NYG not interested.

I'm not getting what this has to do with the Giants?

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Jello_Biafra said:

I'm not getting what this has to do with the Giants?

They aren't really, other than they should probably not sign a backup RB who isn't known as a good locker room guy. 

50 minutes ago, kittenmittens said:

They aren't really, other than they should probably not sign a backup RB who isn't known as a good locker room guy. 

i don't recall any issues during his tenure at Philly. 

4 hours ago, az_prof said:

Ajayi also trolled Gase in a tweet after Superbowl victory. This may explain why NYG not interested.

Oh boo hoo, Gase is a jackass......Ajayi just isn't 100%.....and why would the NYG care that he trolled the jets coach?

I do remember Ajayi being left behind week one because he was sulking about not winning the job after they signed Foster.

Not aware of anything else behind the scenes. There did seem to be real animus between him and Gase that as an outside observer was not related to Ajayi ability to play football.

I would love to see Jay able to play at a high level again. I hope he gets a shot.

14 minutes ago, Biabreakable said:

I do remember Ajayi being left behind week one because he was sulking about not winning the job after they signed Foster.

Not aware of anything else behind the scenes. There did seem to be real animus between him and Gase that as an outside observer was not related to Ajayi ability to play football.

I would love to see Jay able to play at a high level again. I hope he gets a shot.

In a few weeks with the Jets, Gase has managed to sometimes utterly beclown himself when it comes to diplomacy with his players and about other matters. Doesn't surprise me in the least and shouldn't be a black mark on the player. 

16 minutes ago, steelwind said:

He's 26 so he will get work outs.  Just keep an eye on the news.

He’s much better than the CJA types out there. He’s a good RB.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet

Free agent RB Jay Ajayi has informed all 32 teams that he is ready for game action and fully recovered from ACL surgery, source said. His market could heat up quickly.

Free agent Jay Ajayi (knee) is expected to work out for teams next week.

Ajayi is a full year removed from a torn ACL. He's told teams he's healthy and could start to draw interest if he can prove it in workouts. Ajayi has a scary knee history, but he's still just 26 and averaged 4.1 YPC in three starts before going down last year. It may take the right situation, but Ajayi should resurface on a non-guaranteed deal.

SOURCE: Les Bowen on Twitter

Oct 12, 2019, 11:12 AM ET

Healed, rested and ready...let’s go 

possible spots

NE - they have a stable of mediocre

Hou - no depth and probably just a matter of time until Hyde gets dinged

KC - why not?

TB 

St Louis - Gurley is not sustainable and Henderson is not ready

7 minutes ago, Rove! said:

possible spots

KC - why not?

TB 

lol at St. Louis

19 minutes ago, Casting Couch said:

I'm was thinking more along the lines of WAS or NOS

Saints just snagged Zenner...I would think that Ajayi >> Zenner

Was may not want to bother this year to upgrade and positions....

38 minutes ago, Rove! said:

possible spots

KC - why not?

TB 

Houston is the best fit. Ajayi can't be so done that he's not even better than Hyde.

Edited by cloppbeast

Always thought he was overrated(especially once he joined my Eagles where he was a decent power back, but nothing special), but the thought of him coming in fresh and relatively healthy during the middle of the season has to be intriguing for a steam in the playoff mix. If C.J. Anderson can do it, I don't see why Ajayi can't. 

Free agent RB Jay Ajayi will work out for the Cardinals on Tuesday.

Ajayi is over his 2018 ACL tear and will begin his free-agent tour in Arizona. The Cards are also taking a look at former Chief Spencer Ware, suggesting the team expects to be without David Johnson (who was limited to three snaps in Sunday's win over the Giants) when they visit New Orleans in Week 8. Both would be depth options behind presumed starter Chase Edmonds, who broke out for 150 yards (126 rushing, 24 receiving) and three touchdowns against the Giants.

RELATED: 

David Johnson

, Arizona Cardinals

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Oct 21, 2019, 11:28 AM ET

I see he's getting a few workouts, but it is pretty damning so far that he can't even get an injury replacement gig for the rest of the season at this point.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Foosball God said:

I see he's getting a few workouts, but it is pretty damning so far that he can't even get an injury replacement gig for the rest of the season at this point.

Eh, some guys can't even get workouts...

:2cents: