What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Breshad Perriman, IND (1 Viewer)

According to ESPN's Jamison Hensley, Breshad Perriman is in a "battle" to make the Ravens' Week 1 roster.

Perriman is owed a $649,485 roster bonus on Saturday and there was some thought he could be released ahead of that deadline, but apparently that won't be the case. However, the former first-round pick is far from a sure thing to crack the Ravens' opening-week roster, particularly after struggling to just 10 catches on 34 targets last year. Even if the draft bust makes Baltimore's 53-man squad, he won't be any better than fourth on the team's receiving depth chart behind offseason adds Michael Crabtree, John Brown and Willie Snead.

Source: Jamison Hensley on Twitter 

Jul 19 - 8:46 AM

This guy must be one of the nicest people in the world or one helluva workout guy.
His dad was a solid WR. Breshad is still around because he's got elite speed. Dropped passes and injuries have derailed his career. So far he's just been another straight line speed demon that can't catch. But maybe the change of scenery will benefit him.

Saw something on Twitter that Crabtree already has more drops this year than Perriman was credited with last year. 

Reading the first page of this thread is kinda funny. Lots of respected analysts really liked this guy, and talked about him catching without issue - concentration drops were the problem. 

There’s a sliver of hope here to me. The Browns need WR help. Callaway hasn’t caught the ball. Ratley dropped two last week and was known for drops at A&M. Higgins catches almost everything, but is a very poor athlete. Baker is going to chuck it ...

Maybe Perriman figures it out, and at least gets the drops to a more manageable level? You can’t teach size and speed like he has. 

Saw something on Twitter that Crabtree already has more drops this year than Perriman was credited with last year

Reading the first page of this thread is kinda funny. Lots of respected analysts really liked this guy, and talked about him catching without issue - concentration drops were the problem. 

There’s a sliver of hope here to me. The Browns need WR help. Callaway hasn’t caught the ball. Ratley dropped two last week and was known for drops at A&M. Higgins catches almost everything, but is a very poor athlete. Baker is going to chuck it ...

Maybe Perriman figures it out, and at least gets the drops to a more manageable level? You can’t teach size and speed like he has. 
On twice as many targets and with three times as many catches.  And Crabtree has been absolutely awful until last week.  That statistic actually proves even further just how bad Perriman was.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Browns re-signed WR Breshad Perriman to a one-year, $4 million contract.

After busting with the Ravens, Perriman showed some signs of life with the Browns in 2018, so this is a good re-signing for both parties. The Browns will almost certainly bring in more competition to the wide receiver group via the draft, but there's not a team that gives Perriman a better chance to break out as a situational deep threat than the Browns.

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Mar 12, 2019, 2:30 PM

The Cleveland Plain Dealer's Mary Kay Cabot reports Breshad Perriman wants out of his one-year, $4 million contract with the Browns.

The Browns traded for Odell Beckham on Tuesday night, locking OBJ, Antonio Callaway, Jarvis Landry, and Rashard Higgins into the team's top-four receiver spots. Perriman sees the writing on the wall that he's not going to get much playing time. We'd guess the Browns will be fine letting Perriman out of the agreement.

SOURCE: Cleveland Plain Dealer

Mar 12, 2019, 7:18 PM

Bucs agreed to terms with WR Breshad Perriman, formerly of the Browns, on a one-year, $4 million contract.

Perriman initially chose to re-sign with the Browns on the same one-year, $4 million pact, but after Cleveland pulled off its trade for Odell Beckham, Perriman wanted out. He wasn't going to be anything more than the No. 5 wideout in Cleveland and will now head to Tampa Bay to compete for a role in three-wide sets alongside Mike Evans and Chris Godwin. Perriman had his best string of pro games last year with Baker Mayfield and the Browns and is looking to build on it in a similar downfield passing game with Jameis Winston.

RELATED: 

Cleveland Browns

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Mar 12, 2019, 8:49 PM

The best game of Kevin White’s career was 14 targets for 62 yards. It’s tough to be that bad.
He's had a lot of bad luck too. Those injuries really cost him, and then he had what, three different OCs and/or HCs each of his first 3 seasons? On top of that, he's had a lot of different QBs, like Cutler, Hoyer, Glennon, Daniel, and Trubisky.

I think he needs to work on his route running, so he should spend an offseason learning slot routes. That's the school of thought that I come from. That should help him out with his versatility and longevity.

I like that move for Perriman. He can take over for DJax in Tampa and I think that's a role that would suit him well. He still has to work on his hands, but he surprised me a little bit in Cleveland. Of course, I'm sure a lot of that had to do with Baker, but he did look better. He'll have more opportunity in Tampa, or at least that's what it looks like right now, and Winston loves to chuck it deep, so I could see it working out a little for him. I wouldn't say keep an eye on him in fantasy leagues because of his troubled past, but I wouldn't be surprised if he started off the year strong, just like DJax did last season, when PFF had him as the #1 WR in the NFL through the first 2 weeks of the year.

But don't get me wrong, Evans and Godwin are still higher up on the depth chart than Perriman. I just think that Perriman could easily be flexed into DJax's spot at times, but I'm sure the Bucs want to see what they can get out of Godwin on the outside too.

Pewter Report's Scott Reynolds reports Buccaneers WR Breshad Perriman is "in rhythm early" with Jameis Winston.

Perriman's tenuous career finally clicked under Freddie Kitchens in Cleveland last season as he closed out the team's final eight games with a total 15/334/2 receiving line. Although it's no guarantee, the former first-rounder appears well on his way to opening the year as Tampa Bay's No. 3 wideout behind Mike Evans and slot receiver Chris Godwin. A tremendous fit in Bruce Arians' over-the-top offensive approach, Perriman is currently going undrafted (and thus an early late-round value dart) in deep Best-Ball leagues.

SOURCE: PewterReport.com

May 20, 2019, 3:35 PM ET

Shocking news:

Breshad Perriman has been sidelined at Bucs OTAs with a shoulder injury.

Per The Athletic's Greg Auman, Perriman has been sidelined since getting hurt two weeks ago. The good news is he doesn't have a sling or anything like that and has been in attendance. It sounds like Perriman should be fine for training camp, but he's still missing valuable reps as he competes for the No. 3 job.

SOURCE: Greg Auman on Twitter

May 29, 2019, 12:29 PM ET

According to Pewter Report's Mark Cook, of the Buccaneers' offseason signings, many in the organization are "most excited about" Breshad Perriman.

After flaming out in Baltimore, Perriman redeemed himself somewhat by contributing 16 grabs for 340 yards and two touchdowns over a 10-game stint with Cleveland last year. Perriman's speed is obviously an asset, though the UCF alum has shown suspect hands since arriving in the league as a first-round pick in 2015. While he won't match DeSean Jackson's production as a deep threat, Perriman has a good chance to establish himself as the Bucs' No. 3 wideout behind mainstays Mike Evans and Chris Godwin.

SOURCE: Pewter Report

Jul 12, 2019, 3:23 PM ET

Hoyer if I remember right
Yeah, that was the Dallas game. It was Hoyer. 

Hard to be that inefficient for sure, but sometimes that's the way it goes. I'm looking at his game log, and his next game he was 6/9 and the game before the 14 target performance he was 4/6.

Breshad Perriman caught 3-of-5 targets for 70 yards and a touchdown in the Buccaneers’ Week 14 win over the Colts.

Perriman had a nice one-handed snag for a chunk gain, was overthrown on a potential touchdown from 26 yards out, and later did find the end zone from the 12 yard line on a well-executed back shoulder connection. The boost in workload was a result from Scotty Miller (hamstring) being inactive, and Mike Evans (hamstring) leaving for the afternoon shortly after the second quarter started. Of course, Perriman will still likely work as the No. 3 to No. 4 pass-game option at best behind Chris Gowdin and the team’s pair of pass-catching TEs even if Evans and Miller remain sidelined in Week 15. Justin Watson will also be involved. Don’t treat Perriman as anything more than a boom-or-bust WR4 against the Lions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Offensive Snap %

19-B.Perriman TB, WR - 65, 83%

17-J.Watson TB, WR - 43, 55%

Breshad Perriman played more snaps and if Scotty Miller is back Watson's snaps will decrease.  I'm going with the larger opportunity share.

Per FPros,

Perriman and Watson each found the zone against the Colts. Watson gained more targets (eights) and catches (five), but Perriman turned his five looks into 70 yards. The latter also registered 87 yards as an ancillary option in Week 13; Watson had grabbed his only reception in Week 4. Perriman is thus the better add capable of shining against Detroit’s suspect secondary. Evans’ injury also increases the likelihood of Darius Slay shadowing Godwin.

Well, my only other option is Curtis Samuel, so looks like Perriman is slotting into my flex. Here's hoping Fantasy God Jameis shows up.

Offensive Snap %

19-B.Perriman TB, WR - 65, 83%

17-J.Watson TB, WR - 43, 55%

Breshad Perriman played more snaps and if Scotty Miller is back Watson's snaps will decrease.  I'm going with the larger opportunity share.
Good insight.

Just grabbed Perriman overnight. He's my "break glass in case of emergency" if I panic over starting T. Lockett. Also has a nice matchup next week so definitely holding in the case where I bench Perriman and he blows up this week. Hell...I may grab Watson too end of week if I can find room just in case week 15 proves one to be the superior option over the other. Winston is going to sling it these last 2-3 weeks.

Scotty Miller (hamstring) was upgraded to full participation at Thursday's practice.

It puts Miller on track to return from a two-game absence. It's fortunate timing with Mike Evans lost to a season-ending hamstring injury. Miller will presumably work in three-wide sets alongside Chris Godwin and Breshad Perriman Sunday in the Motor City. His expected return ends any discussion of Justin Watson as a viable streamer.
I was online with Roto's Jesse Pantuosco yesterday and asked him about Perriman and Watson in his chat. He wasn't initially aware Miller practiced, but he pretty much said the same: Miller would go back to being the 3rd WR and Watson would lose significant playing time.

I can’t be the only one rolling him out there tomorrow am I? :unsure:  
Think a lot of guys were on this in the Waiver Wire Thread. Worse would be losing the waiver order on him, I guess...

I have to admit. He would have been my third or so choice behind Anthony Miller and Danny Amendola in a PPR matchup. 

I don't know why but Perriman's play this year scares me, as does Jameis's hairline fracure. I'm not sold on Perriman. He looks like Darius Heyward-Bey out there. That's not a compliment

Going RB heavy in the beginning and having Ridley and Diggs and Fuller V plus fill-ins as staples for my boom-bust team on my way to the semis is taking a crash landing around right where it should.   

Glllllllll peas

Does Slay travel into the slot? Because it seems Godwin is mostly a slot receiver, correct? If so, that would mean Slay likely shadows Perriman. 

Users who are viewing this thread