Faust

Dynasty & Redraft: WR Breshad Perriman, Ravens

465 posts in this topic

He looks good in the games. I have no idea what Baltimore was doing not throwing to him more. Either they're dumb or Flacco sucks. Maybe a combination of both. 

Perriman looks good running all the routes. Hands aren't bad. He needs double digit targets every game. 

He's been impressing for three pre-seasons now. Time for him to start producing or GTFO.

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Healthy and looking good so far this year. I have a feeling this is when he takes over the #1 spot and hauls in a bunch of deep TDs. People will score big taking him in middle round redrafts. He'll finish a good fantasy WR2. 

Also, I had no idea he's Brett Perriman's son. Damn I'm old. I remember watching those high flying Detroit offenses back in the 90s - Barry, Mitchell, Herman Moore, Perriman. 

Team officials and fans have envisioned Perriman making these types of acrobatic catches since the Ravens selected him in the first round of the 2015 draft. The best sign of the third-year wide receiver's progress from Thursday's organized team activities, though, came moments later when Perriman, guarded closely along the sideline by cornerback Jimmy Smith, turned at the exact moment the ball was on him and made a back-shoulder catch of a Flacco pass.

The catch earned him a congratulatory pat from Smith and was the latest example of Perriman's improving rapport with Flacco after the two weren't often on the same page last season.

"You look at Breshad out here and nobody, I think, is having a better camp than him so far," Ravens tight end Dennis Pitta said after Thursday's workout. "He's making big plays everywhere, catching everything thrown his way."

Edited by flysack
The quote function is a midget terrorist with an evil mustache and small penis

Pitta likely out for the season. High volume passing offense. If Baltimore doesn't pick up a vet.......Perriman is inline for what 140+ targets?

Posted (edited)

Meh looking at it a little closer 140 is way to high for a floor. 100 targets is a good floor with 140 being a more realistic ceiling. Still that's a huge bump for Perriman. 

Edited by Milkman

Joe Flacco says Breshad Perriman seems more confident in year three.

"Listen, you can just see the confidence in his eyes," said Flacco. Perriman reportedly lit up OTAs, but the Ravens still signed Jeremy Maclin. Perriman now projects as Baltimore's third receiver behind Maclin and Mike Wallace, although they are believed to be in continued pursuit of free agent Eric Decker.

Source: Jeff Zrebiec on Twitter 

Jun 13 - 2:50 PM

If Perriman is flashing in shorts and showing signs of growing into his 1st round pick and pedigree, then there is no reason to think he can't ascend to be the top receiver for the Ravens. The addition of Maclin with Wallace and Perriman could give Perriman more 1 on 1 coverages which should offer opportunity to excel....assuming he is an ascendant talent whose skills and health/physical tools are improving. He is one of my breakout of the year star predictions.

ESPN Ravens reporter Jamison Hensley singled out Breshad Perriman as having the "most impressive offseason" of Baltimore's receivers.

It's not saying a whole lot, as veteran Mike Wallace doesn't need to go full-bore in shorts and t-shirts, while Jeremy Maclin just signed last month. But it's notable nonetheless that Perriman is showing more consistency in Year 3. The Ravens are expected to use more three-wide sets in 2017 now that they have more talent at receiver and following the career-threatening injury of Dennis Pitta. Perriman's fantasy star dimmed significantly following the Maclin addition.

Source: ESPN.com

Jul 19 - 9:28 AM

On 5/26/2017 at 3:28 PM, dickey moe said:

He's been impressing for three pre-seasons now. Time for him to start producing or GTFO.

Same sentiment.  Three years now of Perriman hype.   "Looking good in camp" seems more like a kiss of death to me than a complement but we'll see.

There will be a point in the draft where Perriman is an option.  We know he is fast; his pedigree and wheels are what drives the hype train.  No doubt he'll see a couple long TDs but will he be a bigger, more dependable part of the game plan?  Statements like I'm 100% focused on football makes me wonder where his head was in the past. Overall, I think the addition of Maclin hurts.  I'd rather see Perriman in a prominent role rather than supporting cast. 

I could take a flyer on him - maybe as WR5 or WR6.  But a long preseason TD could vault him up the boards into the over-valued range.

Breshad Perriman left Tuesday's practice early with what appeared to be a hamstring injury.

Perriman reportedly pulled up while running a route. He stayed on the field for a while to stretch his right leg, but he ended up going inside with a trainer. There is no reason to believe the injury is serious at this point, but any setback is notable considering Perriman's injury history. As of now, we are considering him day to day.

Source: ESPN

Aug 1 - 11:28 AM

The Baltimore Sun's Jeff Zrebiec reports Breshad Perriman has a "Grade 2 hamstring strain."

The usual timeline for the injury is around a month, and the receiver has already missed two weeks. Coach John Harbaugh did not rule out Perriman returning during the preseason, but it is more likely they try to get him ready for Week 1. "He's making progress. Everything is on schedule," Harbaugh said. "They're happy with the way he's progressing." Coming off a lost camp, Perriman should be well behind both Jeremy Maclin and Mike Wallace in the pecking order.

Aug 15 - 12:03 PM

Always hurt.....I like his talent and I see flashes but that's all I see is flashes and then he's gone. Plus his situation is getting worse imo.......

I have this guy for the minimum in a contract auction league and I'm not sure I can keep him.  I have money to spend and his roster spot may be better utilized.

This guy is killing me. How much longer do we wait?

If you're interested in him, then you wait longer. If you're tired of waiting, you cut bait. Hamstring problems in training camp can lead to impatience. If you picked up Perriman from the waiver wire as a reclamation project, just sit tight and see what comes of it all. You likely have better fantasy starters on your roster. He's the long shot lottery ticket. 

I'm now getting him with the last pick of my drafts. Practically free. Can always cut in a few weeks...

Ravens coach John Harbaugh is optimistic Breshad Perriman (hamstring) will be ready for Week 1.

Perriman has been sidelined all month. Even if he is able to get back on the field for the opener, he is not likely to have a fantasy-relevant role right out of the gate. He does not need to be drafted in standard-sized redraft leagues.

Aug 29 - 11:29 AM

Breshad Perriman (hamstring) returned to Ravens practice on Saturday.

He was there with Joe Flacco (back) and Danny Woodhead (hamstring). Perriman appears to be on track to play in the opener, where he'll likely serve as the Ravens' No. 3 receiver behind Mike Wallace and Jeremy Maclin. Perriman maintains value in Dynasty leagues, but his re-draft appeal is minimal at this point.

Breshad Perriman failed to reel in any of his four targets in the Ravens' Week 2 win over the Browns.

He now has one catch for five yards on eight targets through two games.

Sep 17 - 6:39 PM

It's time to pull the plug in dynasty. 

On 9/17/2017 at 7:13 PM, Andrew74 said:

It's time to pull the plug in dynasty. 

It's been three years and I'm starting to agree. If they had any faith in him, they wouldn't have rushed to sign Maclin. Now I see why. 

What is it with this guy? Just constant injuries?

1 minute ago, flysack said:

It's been three years and I'm starting to agree. If they had any faith in him, they wouldn't have rushed to sign Maclin. Now I see why. 

What is it with this guy? Just constant injuries?

Those haven't helped. I knew he was raw coming into the league but it doesn't look like he's improving.

I dropped him yesterday.