What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

timschochet's thread - Ranking hemorrhoids (1 Viewer)

The article in this week's SI about Golden State was part puff piece on Steve Kerr and part body jabs to Mark Jackson. They revealed a lot of things I had not heard before about what went into Jackson's dismissal. They said he didn't like any of the assistants getting credit, so when Malone started hearing compliments about his stout defensive schemes, Jackson demoted him and gave defensive responsibility to a low-level assistant. Jackson didn't like how Scalabrine was so immediately popular with the players, so he sent him to the D-League. It was also noted that Jackson ran offensive schemes that were contradictory to Curry's skill-set, and that he had no idea how to use or develop Thompson. And that he used to pit players against each other.

Other than that, he was a pretty good coach.

Last edited by a moderator:
The article in this week's SI about Golden State was part puff piece on Steve Kerr and part body jabs to Mark Jackson. They revealed a lot of things I had not heard before about what went into Jackson's dismissal. They said he didn't like any of the assistants getting credit, so when Malone started hearing compliments about his stout defensive schemes, Jackson demoted him and gave defensive responsibility to a low-level assistant. Jackson didn't like how Scalabrine was so immediately popular with the players, so he sent him to the D-League. It was also noted that Jackson ran offensive schemes that were contradictory to Curry's skill-set, and that he had no idea how to use or develop Thompson. And that he used to pit players against each other.

it was an interesting story and revealed Jackson to be a bit of a wacko

Nothing new to Warrior fans. Jackson was a great motivator, but terrible at the x/o aspect. The offense took a noticeable step back when Malone left.

I think the biggest thing that gives credence to all the jabs at Jackson is that he wasn't offered another head coaching job.

I will miss accidentally clicking on the first page of the old thread and reading all the stupid predictions about 2010 free agency.

brohans this is like the dawn of a new era and i am glad to be around to see this sun come up take that to the bank brohans and go bucks

Kev4029 said:
Corporation said:
I can't change the title... New thread coming.
Sorta fitting it went to pasture with Abe.
Where is Abe? Serious answer preferred, will take schtick.
Don't know. About a week ago he made a comment in GMTAN that seemed to point to his internet life and real life colliding. He's always been very open about his personal life on here.
Thanks, I hope things work out for him :thumbup:

Henry Walker, now playing for Miami, used to be Bill Walker, who I loved on that Kansas State team with Michael Beasley. Just so you know.

Users who are viewing this thread