What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Soccer Discussion Thread*** (9 Viewers)

*Milan and RB Lepzig have agreed to a Hakan Calhanoglu transfer but Gattuso has blocked it

*Lucas Paquetto was formerly introduced yesterday and a portugueesse Milan Website was started up as well. Paquetta arrived for 35 Euros and has had comparisons made of him to former Milan Captain and MF Kaka

*Milan have no intention of letting Higuain leave, according to Sky Italia’s Luca Marchetti despite Chelsea's Sarri trying his best. Juve FO have also said there is no chance of a transfer. Sarri is also trying to buy Frank Yannick Kessie the promising young MF for 35-45 Mil Euros trying to take advantage of Milan's FFP situation even trying to include Bakayoko who is already on a season long loan at Milan. The transfer could happen in the summer as Kessie's Milan 2yrs loan deal becomes an 28M Euro buy after the season. 

*Midfielder Alen Halilovic is in advanced talks with Turkish club Besiktas just months after joining AC Milan, a report claims. he's only featured once in Milan and it's believed he was not a purchase of Elliot Management and the current regime of Leonardo and Maldini. 

*Arsenal and Olympique Marseille are interested in Medhi Benatia the Moroccan International as he wants more playing time but Juventus won't let the MF go

* Mino Rialo has offered priced Juve Striker Moises Keane to AC Milan but Juventus have no intention of selling. They want to renew his contract and then send him on Loan for next season

* Stefano Steraro will comeback to Juve from his Sporting Lisbon loan. He hasn't featured at all due to injury and has been Italy since. Juve will terminate the loan and then send him on loan for 6months in Genoa

* Everton are hoping to open their new Stadium by 2022

* "Big boost for Villa - Tammy Abraham has turned down a loan move to Wolves in favour of remaining with Villa for the remainder of the season & trying to win promotion. Sounds like Abraham would be open to a permanent move to the PL, but not another loan. More on @guardian_sport"

* Salah was named African player of the year again

* Newcastle have been linked for the first time with 20-year-old Juventus left-back Rogerio – full name – Rogerio Oliveira da Silva.Wolves and Arsenal also interested. Rogerio is on loan at Sassuolo

*Bayern Munich Rafinha could returned to Flamengos in Brazil this summer this after Benjamin Pavard signs a five year deal with Bayern Munich

*Cagliari midfielder Nicolò Barella has interest from both Milan and Chelsea. He's viewed as one of the very promising youngsters in the MF for Italy

* Mauro Icardi rejected latest contract from Inter Merda

At the big Crew shin dig today, Dee Haslam announced that they intend to break ground on the new stadium this summer in Columbus.

And the most ironic part of the entire Save the Crew movement is none of this happens if Precourt does not try and move the team because he could not get what the Haslam's are getting.

Sign of the times trade in MLS tonight.

Philly traded their entire group of draft picks to Cincy.   

I guess draft picks become fairly useless when you have an academy creating decent home grown players.  Makes sense from Cincy's side as well since they need to help fill out the roster in their first season.

• Smile
Reactions: Ned

I guess draft picks become fairly useless when you have an academy creating decent home grown players.  Makes sense from Cincy's side as well since they need to help fill out the roster in their first season.
Not a lot in these drafts though, right?

When we got an Academy like we do the draft is kind of useless and Philly area is a gold mine for youth soccer players to find even North PA and the whole tri-state SE PA, SNJ and NDE areas. This also was from 2 days ago. The Money might be for the rumored MF who can play 8 and 10

More

My chat with Ernst Tanner for @ProSoccerUSAcom: ---Club is in negotiations with a versatile midfielder who can play the 8 & 10. --Club is in "quite a few negotiations" for new players. --Tanner hopes something will be done this week. https://www.prosoccerusa.com/mls/philadelphia-union/philadelphia-union-sporting-director-ernst-tanner-confirms-club-is-close-to-adding-reinforcements/ … #DOOP

Not a lot in these drafts though, right?
In general that is correct.  Many of the college players are tied to MLS teams so they won't be involved in the draft.

There are always diamonds in the rough.  Look at Gressel for Atlanta for one example.  He played four years at Providence College and stepped right into the pro game.  This is rare though.

From all the picks Cincy got, they should be able to find a decent player, especially since they are starting from near scratch.

In general that is correct.  Many of the college players are tied to MLS teams so they won't be involved in the draft.

There are always diamonds in the rough.  Look at Gressel for Atlanta for one example.  He played four years at Providence College and stepped right into the pro game.  This is rare though.

From all the picks Cincy got, they should be able to find a decent player, especially since they are starting from near scratch.
Cincy needs bodies at this point who can play so it makes sense for them. Can't really sign anyone huge if you don't have the backing either

Jonathan Tannenwald who's followed the Union since Day 1 has this report

Breaking: Ernst Tanner took a look at the prospects in college soccer, decided they aren't all that good, and traded all of the Union's draft picks to FC Cincinnati for $150K in GAM plus $50K more in player-based incentives.

Tanner aint impressed with University Soccer 

Ernst Tanner is on a conference call with reporters now. He lays his view out bluntly: "The level of MLS has increased a lot, and I think that the level of university [soccer] has been more or less the same. There is quite a big gap."

Ernst Tanner says he knows he's making a move that hasn't been done much before in MLS, but he sees the changing landscape, and says "maybe I'm here to do it."

Tanner trades Union whole draft because the Prospects didn't impress him

From the story though 

"Tanner said when he raised the idea of the trade to the coaching staff, they weren’t just on board, but said they’d talked in past years about the draft’s increasing irrelevance.

“The level of MLS has increased a lot, and I think that the level of university [soccer] has been more or less the same,” Tanner said. “There is quite a big gap. ... There are lots of players who are quite okay for the USL level, but it doesn’t necessarily make us better in the MLS level, and that is something a lot of clubs are realizing.”

For all the Union’s struggles overall, they have been leaders in the move away from college prospects. Midfielder Brenden Aaronson turned down a scholarship offer from Indiana University this past summer to sign a MLS deal. Defender Mark McKenzie and goalkeeper Matt Freese left college early to turn pro. The Union even signed a 15-year-old, Selmir Miscic, to a contract with Bethlehem Steel in September.

That’s how the rest of the soccer world does player development, and Tanner was brought to the Union to install that mentality here."

Union also lost a staff member who is going with Berkhalter. I'll just post the story since not everyone has The Athletic

By Kristian Dyer  6h ago

The MLS SuperDraft is a few days away, but MLS teams are already busy making transactions on the field and on their benches as the 2019 season approaches. Let’s check in with some news and notes from around the league. 

Callaghan goes international 

Philadelphia Union assistant coach B.J. Callaghan is making a move away from MLS, with sources telling The Athletic that he is expected to take a role with the United States national team.

The addition of Callaghan to the technical staff is another piece of the puzzle for new national team head coach Gregg Berhalter’s staff. Doug McIntyre of Yahoo Sports reported earlier this month that two of Berhalter’s assistants with the Columbus Crew, Josh Wolff and Nico Estevez, will join Berhalter on his national team staff. 

It is believed, according to one source, that Callaghan will have a role with the national team that will heavily rely on video analysis, one of his specialties under Jim Curtin. While with the Union, Callaghan was largely responsible for the scouting and analysis of the team’s opponents and also designed set pieces. Berhalter heavily used video analysis with the Crew and is believed to want to bring a similar approach now with the national team.

In Callaghan, the national team gets a coach who was Jim Curtin’s deputy with the Union. Prior to joining the first team midway through the 2014 season, Callaghan spent several years with the team’s academy. Before his time in MLS, Callaghan was in college soccer for six seasons as an assistant at Villanova.

For the Union, Callaghan could be a big loss. He was instrumental in helping to integrate the academy more fully into the first team, with Auston Trusty in particular benefitting from his guidance. Philadelphia’s new sporting director Ernst Tanner has openly stated his desire to lean heavily on the team’s academy to fill out his first team.

He's back:

Jose Mourinho will join beIN SPORTS, the global sports broadcaster, this week as part of the AFC Asian Cup 2019 and English Premier League coverage, which viewers across the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) enjoy exclusively on the leading sports channel. 

In his first TV appearance since leaving Manchester United in December, the former Chelsea, Real Madrid, Inter Milan and Porto manager will be part of a panel of expert analysts based in beIN SPORTS’ studios exclusively covering two of the most watched products in the MENA region.

Mourinho, known as the ‘Special One’, will be providing his forthright opinions during:
•    The English Premier League match, Arsenal vs Chelsea, on Saturday 19th January – a competition which he won three times with Chelsea; and
•    The AFC Asian Cup 2019 group stage fixture, Qatar vs Saudi Arabia, on Thursday 17th January.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no reason not to believe the girl given the hush money she was paid and the other documents that have surfaced.

But my poor male brain can't figure out how you to to the point of intercourse with a rich, famous and handsome 24 year old and just decide to stop.

My wife wondered if it was a contraception/std worry for the girl if CRo was not wrapped up...

I have no reason not to believe the girl given the hush money she was paid and the other documents that have surfaced.

But my poor male brain can't figure out how you to to the point of intercourse with a rich, famous and handsome 24 year old and just decide to stop.

My wife wondered if it was a contraception/std worry for the girl if CRo was not wrapped up...
The Spiegel story has all the gory details ...

http://www.spiegel.de/international/cristiano-ronaldo-kathryn-mayorga-the-woman-who-accuses-ronaldo-of-rape-a-1230634.html

Yeah, if you read the story...  he came on pretty quick when they were all partying in a group, and then he just decided to nail her in the bum.  Not like they were making out then she said 'stop'.

Yeah, if you read the story...  he came on pretty quick when they were all partying in a group, and then he just decided to nail her in the bum.  Not like they were making out then she said 'stop'.
that's what I remember too from the original story (which I don't want to read again)... IIRC, they were fooling around (or maybe not?), she didn't want to have sex, he was aggressive, she went curled up into fetal position so he took what he could (her version). 

"nail her in the bum"

:lmao:
after reading the story, the humor gets drained form it... but yeah.

I remember my idiot college coach screaming at our defenders at half-time of a must-win game we were defending too lax, to "be so tight their man, that they should have their cocks up the forwards' asses", which in retrospect seems just a little extreme. also screamed at us after we took the loss "you're not pros, your provolone" which sounds ####### delicious.

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
that's what I remember too from the original story (which I don't want to read again)... IIRC, they were fooling around (or maybe not?), she didn't want to have sex, he was aggressive, she went curled up into fetal position so he took what he could (her version). 
Oh, we whipped it out too...  like just out of nowhere...  that story was made me sick to my stomach...  I would imagine CRo can have almost any woman, any time... but the way she portrayed it...  he expected to have any woman he wanted, when he wanted...  

and yes, from the story he anal raped her...  because she was in the fetal position begging him to stop...

Leonardo wants to go back to Brazil. No not him but to get a winger

"AC Milan are reportedly interested in going back to Brazil for another young star. Milan are reportedly interested in Gremio’s star winger Everton Sousa Soares, who could fill the giant gaping hole at left wing that Milan currently have.

Milan trying to expand in Brazil

It’s being reported that Arsenal’s Aaron Ramsey will sign a contract with Juventus after the Supercoppa match against Milan. 

Sampdoria have agreed a deal for Southampton’s Manolo Gabbiadini. [Sky Sports]

Union also yesterday resigned LB/RB Ryan Gaddis back

Tottenham Hotspur will stay at Wembley until at least March, after yet more delays to their new stadium. [BBC.com]

DJackson10 said:
I'm thinking something happened Ronaldo was seeing someone in Europe and she found out about it so Ronaldo gave her money to be quite. However now she needs cash and making some claims 
She made the claims at the time iirc. The recent footieleaks revealed them. Dammit ... I think I'm remembering all that right

At the big Crew shin dig today, Dee Haslam announced that they intend to break ground on the new stadium this summer in Columbus.

And the most ironic part of the entire Save the Crew movement is none of this happens if Precourt does not try and move the team because he could not get what the Haslam's are getting.
Don't post this anywhere on Twitter or BigSoccer or reddit. It is met with furious anger and death threats. But, it's also true.

Local paper ran a story on Tuesday's announcement. Not sure who this guy is, but he sounds smart.

Supporters group Austin Anthem said it will host an after-party at Rustic Tap that will be open to everyone.

“There’s a ton of interest, and a lot of people are excited; so we just want to throw the doors open and have a place for them to go have a good time,” said Jeremiah Bentley, the vice president of Austin Anthem. “This is the key moment that we’ve been waiting for.”

MLS superdraft starts at 1.

while it's great Cincy can load up... I'm with the guys who don't think much comes from this outside of a handful of prosepects. IMO, philly made a good trade. 

RBs at #22. :popcorn:

Leeds! Leeds! Leeds?

Derby report Leeds United over spy storm as 'rival' employee is detained by police at training ground

(Yes, I know it is the Mirror but this seems like a legit story.)

Derby have made a complaint to the Football League over the "spying row" with Leeds United.

Mirror Sport revealed on Thursday that police were called to the Derby training ground and Frank Lampard even had to stop the session while a suspect was detained.

And it is believed that police have traced the suspect's car back to being owned by Leeds United, although police will not confirm details as no arrests were made.

But the row has blown up ahead of Friday night's Championship promotion showdown at Elland Road.

Derby are going public to try and out Leeds United who have made no comment about the row.

A Derby statement on Friday morning said: "Derby County Football Club can confirm that officers from the Derbyshire Constabulary were called to the Derby County Training Centre at around 11:20am on Thursday 10th January 2019 following reports of a man acting suspiciously outside the premises.

"It has since been confirmed to Derby County that the individual concerned is an employee of the footballing staff at Leeds United Football Club.

"The club is now in discussion with Leeds United club officials in relation to this incident.

"At this time no further comment will be made."

The Football League will now be under pressure to act on the Derby complaint.

Police went to the training ground on Thursday morning, even went onto the pitch before a man with pliers and binoculars was questioned by a fence.

The man was later released after being questioned but Derby police put out a tweet from the Response Unit.

It read: “Officers have just attended the Training Ground for @dcfcofficial After a suspicious male was seen at the perimeter fence.

“Excellent searching conducted & male was located. All checks above board! Keeping the team safe to bring home a win against #LUFC on 11th! #SpyingIsCheating.”

Users who are viewing this thread