What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Soccer Discussion Thread*** (8 Viewers)

My Revs reached a new low last night.

Montreal had arguably the worst travel in MLS history, taking a monstrous 36 hours to get to Foxboro, only arriving a couple of hours before kick off and they still beat the home team 3-0 in front of at most, 27 booing fans.

What a mess here.
I watched the highlights and thought of you, and the other 26 fans. And it could have been worse if not for some good GK play...before the bad GK play.

Typical Spring youth soccer in Wisconsin - my son and I were wearing shorts yesterday doing some yardwork, sunny, high 60s.  He reffed two games this morning when it was a bit colder, but a nice sunny day for soccer.  His 4:00 game today was cancelled due to a snowstorm.

On Spring Break this week I watched Sunderland Til I Die while flying to Florida and back.  Highly enjoyable and recommended.  I had to google a bunch of stuff to see where everyone is now, including of course Jack Rodwell.  This one is much better, much more interesting, than the Man City documentary, which I couldn't get into.

On Spring Break this week I watched Sunderland Til I Die while flying to Florida and back.  Highly enjoyable and recommended.  I had to google a bunch of stuff to see where everyone is now, including of course Jack Rodwell.  This one is much better, much more interesting, than the Man City documentary, which I couldn't get into.
I watched that a bit ago as well. Good watch and interesting look into the manangement side of things. Amazing how much that rodwell signing hurt the team. Was disappointed not to see any good.

This is interesting.  A player in the USL this weekend was accused of using a racist statement against another player.

By the next morning his team tore up his contract and dismissed him from the team.

Here is his response to the situation.

https://imgur.com/a/PSpsQwh

+1

Here's a stat I looked up myself so don't trust it too much and also, but more importantly, here it is because there's no such thing as a jinx you stuperstitious mother MFers. Liverpool need 4 gols to win. Or 3 and PKs. All season Barça has only let in 3 gols twice all year. Betis and Villarreal (Legit top league teams. Not your EPL garbage). But I guess in Liverpool's favor both those times the opposition scored a 4th gol. So can EPLiverpool pull this off? 

Here's to an Ajax-Barça final, you anglo centric ####s. Get your head out of the Queen's ##### already. We won. 

Here's a stat I looked up myself so don't trust it too much and also, but more importantly, here it is because there's no such thing as a jinx you stuperstitious mother MFers. Liverpool need 4 gols to win. Or 3 and PKs. All season Barça has only let in 3 gols twice all year. Betis and Villarreal (Legit top league teams. Not your EPL garbage). But I guess in Liverpool's favor both those times the opposition scored a 4th gol. So can EPLiverpool pull this off? 

Here's to an Ajax-Barça final, you anglo centric ####s. Get your head out of the Queen's ##### already. We won. 
Betis and Villarreal are obviously powerhouse clubs.  How's Valencia?

:shrug:

The expectation is that he is leaving.  He has had a contract extension on the table for over a year now.  Oddly enough, the issue is not really money - Real Madrid (and to a lesser extent Barcelona) has been his dream club all along, so he has been holding out on an offer.  He'll have a year left on his deal this summer, so he'll either sign an extension, or he will leave.

Toby Alderweireld will also be leaving in all likelihood - he has a £25M release clause that can be activated this summer.

Levy is very happy with the state of the club's finances and has already promised Poch that he will spend at least 50% more this summer than last.

Miki Turner‏ @turneresq

Breaking: @FXE_Futbol request for a preliminary injunction against @FTLCityNews / @InterMiamiCF to prevent demolition of Lockhart Stadium is DENIED. That means that Inter Miami may proceed with demolition to construct stadium for start of 2020 @MLS season

:shrug:

The expectation is that he is leaving.  He has had a contract extension on the table for over a year now.  Oddly enough, the issue is not really money - Real Madrid (and to a lesser extent Barcelona) has been his dream club all along, so he has been holding out on an offer.  He'll have a year left on his deal this summer, so he'll either sign an extension, or he will leave.

Toby Alderweireld will also be leaving in all likelihood - he has a £25M release clause that can be activated this summer.

Levy is very happy with the state of the club's finances and has already promised Poch that he will spend at least 50% more this summer than last.
What's 50% of 0?

I think it would be funny if the two EPL teams that made a European Final had also spent the last month in a contest to see who could shoot their ##### off the most in the league.

Seems like we can't go even one week with out a strange VAR call.  This one in the DC Columbus game is truly bizarre since the ref himself caused the issue.

https://streamable.com/eqc8u
Ref is tangled up in it, but it's Trapp's right foot that's pinned against Acosta's left heel when he goes over.  You can pause the vid and see it pretty clearly.

ETA:  do agree that if the ref isn't there it doesn't happen that way.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it would be funny if the two EPL teams that made a European Final had also spent the last month in a contest to see who could shoot their ##### off the most in the league.
even though the face planting by these 4 teams has been entertaining, from a neutral stand point, if Arsenal, Man United and Chelsea all win today, it should set up a very interesting last match day.

even though the face planting by these 4 teams has been entertaining, from a neutral stand point, if Arsenal, Man United and Chelsea all win today, it should set up a very interesting last match day.
well Man United clearly did not like my idea as they decided continued face planting was more fun.

If Arsenal don't get at least a draw later today, spots 3 and 4 are locked.  And looking at GD, a point probably won't be enough so Arsenal really need all three points to put some pressure on Spurs and Chelsea.

And all the games at stupid 7am. Come on, England. Quit sucking so much. 

Chelsea have 2 points from their last 3 league games, moving them up the table from 5th into 4th.
This is one of the craziest and funniest lines I've ever read. It's truly unbelievable.

It's one thing for one or two teams at the top to #### the bed. But all 4 teams (and big 6 teams at that) all flailing week after week when it counts? Remarkable.

Users who are viewing this thread