What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Soccer Discussion Thread*** (4 Viewers)

is this U20 world cup happening... right now?

tuned in to watch Japan v Colombia last night but wasn't sure if it were a replay from earlier this year, maybe? 

anyways... Senegal scored a goal in under 10 seconds against Tahiti.

is this U20 world cup happening... right now?

tuned in to watch Japan v Colombia last night but wasn't sure if it were a replay from earlier this year, maybe? 

anyways... Senegal scored a goal in under 10 seconds against Tahiti.
yes this is happening now.  You watched a repeat of a game played earlier in the day.

The US plays its first game today at 2:30pm ET on FS1.  We will be talking about it in the US National team thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
So far the City Berut that the UEFA Euro final is at there have been 50 people in the LGBTQ community arrested, killed or forced medical exams for speaking out against the Azerbatjistan S(SP) government. People in general have been killed for speaking out and soccer player was killed in a police brutality brawl for speaking out against the Government. All while FIFA and UEFA plaster to own websites with Equality for ALL campaign. What a #### show. Also Miki of Arsenal refuses to trade do to safety concerns How much did this country pay UEFA? 

Arsenal's Henrikh Mkhitaryan won't play in UEFA Europa League final in Azerbaijan over safety concerns

Something I was thinking about for next year - would anyone be interested in drafting teams - say 4 teams each - from any European League that has an August-May schedule - and then whoever has the highest combined point total at the end of the season wins the pot?  

Still mulling over the details - but something like $10 or $20 in the pot, winner takes all, depending on the number of participants.  I would add something like 5 points for winning the top domestic Cup, 7 for winning Europa, and 10 for winning Champions League.  Best way is probably a snake draft - an auction would be interesting, but getting everyone together at any one time would be a nightmare.

Thoughts?  Interest?

Something I was thinking about for next year - would anyone be interested in drafting teams - say 4 teams each - from any European League that has an August-May schedule - and then whoever has the highest combined point total at the end of the season wins the pot?  

Still mulling over the details - but something like $10 or $20 in the pot, winner takes all, depending on the number of participants.  I would add something like 5 points for winning the top domestic Cup, 7 for winning Europa, and 10 for winning Champions League.  Best way is probably a snake draft - an auction would be interesting, but getting everyone together at any one time would be a nightmare.

Thoughts?  Interest?
In

Thoughts?  Interest?
In 

Dubai TV presenter Hamed Alharthi has claimed Sheikh Khalid bin Zayed Al Nahyan has completed his takeover of Newcastle United.

Alharthi tweeted a photo of Sheikh Khalid, accompanied by a NUFC badge with the caption "Welcome to the Premier League". 

And to no surprise, fans were desperate to seek clarity on what it meant, with one asking: "Is it a done deal? Or still a rumour?"

Alharthi soon replied with: 'Done' - sparking further speculation as to whether Mike Ashley's 12-year reign is over or not. 

Mo Harb, another TV presenter, also chipped in with: "Welcome to the #PremierLeague: Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan is now the new owner of Newcastle United."

And Ihab El Genidi, a journalist for AS Arabi tweeted, translated as: "agreement to buy Newcastle English club from an Emirati billionaire."

Much of the noise from the Middle East certaintly believe the Bin Zayed Group founder is set to seal a £350million deal, with representatives previously claiming the takeover had been 'concluded'.

Mean English Journalist are claiming it's not done or far from over. 

Per Sky Sports News

Dubai-based billionaire Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan says he has "agreed terms" with Mike Ashley to buy Newcastle.

Gennaro Gattuso is set to leave Milan as well as Leonardo as they are not in agreement with the direction Ivan Gazidis wants to take with the club currently. However Rino sent out an amazing gesture. It was reported last night he'd give up 90% of his amazing wages but now read this 

Gattuso has given up his remaining salary at Milan for the coming two years (almost €11M) in order to let his staff have their wages due until 2021.

[Sky]

Gattuso to La Repubblica: "Deciding to leave Milan is not easy. But it's a decision I had to make. Mine is a painful but thoughtful choice. 

"Do I renounce two years of my contract? Yes, because my history with Milan can never be a matter of money."

yeah. lots going on there. whole lotta nasty challenges combined with "oh-my-nose" hands to face dives. even thought the ref instigated the chest bump at the end there- which hopefully he gave the guy the red for. but yeah- the guy in blue hitting the deck after getting half his face slashed off by the yellow card's wind... tip-top.

My first guess is that the ref may have lost control of the game?  What do you think?

:lmao:

https://twitter.com/TheRealArturK/status/1133390867891466240

yeah. lots going on there. whole lotta nasty challenges combined with "oh-my-nose" hands to face dives. even thought the ref instigated the chest bump at the end there- which hopefully he gave the guy the red for. but yeah- the guy in blue hitting the deck after getting half his face slashed off by the yellow card's wind... tip-top.
Outside the interactions with the ref, the actual game footage looked a lot like our Sunday league games when the ahole team is up 6-0 vs 8 guys and going for more... 

Pretty cool story about Gattuso. 

He told Milan to take his 5.5m Euro severance package and use it to pay his staff for the two years they were going to miss out on after the coaching change.

My first guess is that the ref may have lost control of the game?  What do you think?

:lmao:

https://twitter.com/TheRealArturK/status/1133390867891466240
I count four yellow cards in like 10 seconds starting at the beginning of the replay.  Plus two flops, a peacock referee and actual crying.

ETA: should have finished the article...

By my count, I spot five barging, card-worthy tackles, a couple of which would’ve been clear red cards in a saner league but only one of which earned a yellow, at least twice as many fouls, two blatant dives, including one in which a Central player tried to act like the referee clocked him in the face with an elbow while the ref was showing teammate Leonardo Acosta his second yellow card of the match (what, was he trying to get the ref to send himself off?), and one outburst of inconsolable crying

Users who are viewing this thread