What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Soccer Discussion Thread*** (9 Viewers)

Although with the away win the Wolves should be favored to move on.  In theory the Wolves could take the air out of the ball and take a nil/nil into UEFA.  
exactly how it's going down thus far ... Torino dominating posession/attack, Wolves playing ball safe amidst 2 counters. 

nil up at 20' :popcorn:

ETA: WOOOOOOLVES!

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/next-manager-to-leave-post

You can still get 25-1 odds in some places...

I wouldn't put a lot of coin on it  - but I am hearing about rumblings from within about "lost the dressing room" - from which you can almost never recover.  Poch's discontent has been going on for a year now, and it just seems to be growing. 
down to 5-1 at SkyBet . :oldunsure:

But - I think this is driven by sports radio guy in London reporting that he heard Poch will be gone after the weekend, regardless of result...

Eric Cantona's speech at the #UCLdraw 

"Soon science will not only be able to slow down ageing of cells, it will fix cells and so we will become eternal. Only accidents, crimes, wars will kill us but unfortunately crimes and wars will multiply. I love football. Thank you."

Ok.. https://t.co/gdV6M5f2pm
Lol... I only watched once yesterday and thought that's what he said, but then I thought...no ####### way he says that, especially in his going to the bait and tackle store outfit.

down to 5-1 at SkyBet . :oldunsure:

But - I think this is driven by sports radio guy in London reporting that he heard Poch will be gone after the weekend, regardless of result...
:lol:   Poch keeping up with the markets:

"I’m not going to walk away after the north London derby....Do you bet? It’s closed now eh? You lose your money."

WHAT UP, FOOTSIES?

hey, i feel as if i was a tad derelict yesterday, what with not sharing (as i promised) a 5 star wagering nugget - CELTIC been berry good to me this summer

was posted in the wagering thread, but, alas ... forgot about my favorite bunch of hooligans up in here (Celtic was a 4-1 winner, btw)  :coffee:

candy. from. a. #######. baby. 

we make beaucoup scratch, ya hear?  oh, it's a beautiful game, alright  :pickle:

stay tuned for a CAN'T MISS EPL SLOBBERKNOCKER  coming soon ... in the interim, make plans for your coin hauls ... you can ride me to Fort Knox, Felines!

avenging the DUNDALK DIVE one wager at a time  :bye:

LET'S GO LIVERPOOL!

Last edited by a moderator:
congrats @McBokonon

Phoenix was down 2-1 late and scored three in three minutes to win their 16th straight and now hold the record for longest winning streak ever in US pro soccer history.

That is really cool :)
Thanks! I would have acknowledged this sooner but I didn’t show enough reverence for a dead Koch brother and got a TO. I really need to stay out of the Politics forum. Going for 17 tomorrow night!

Also a bummer I didn’t get to discuss the Magpies with @Sinn Fein

And Ashley Barnes with @gianmarco.

El Floppo said:
Lol... I only watched once yesterday and thought that's what he said, but then I thought...no ####### way he says that, especially in his going to the bait and tackle store outfit.
I thought he was going for the Fidel look myself...

United +1100 to miss a penalty this morning (well, afternoon over there) - Martial is sitting, so, whaddya think?  these buffoons #### anuddah gimme up today? Rashford again? Pogba? has James tried one yet?

smokes, java, EPL :thumbup:  - too early for beers, ya know?  maybe it would help help getting ####faced, seeing as how i can get United at +100 for the W  ... gonna be a fun one to follow - put another pot on, i guess 

:coffee:

James at 10' 

kid was +440 to score. 

left some on the table there. 

fun. got 'em for o1.5 at +100. 

book showing ManU little respect ... warranted? 

hey, @rockaction - how ya like real football? i mean, ya know, what we call "soccer" - ⚽

puttin' more java on ... can we get anuddah soon - United dominating. 

where are the footy folk?

James at 10' 

kid was +440 to score. 

left some on the table there. 

fun. got 'em for o1.5 at +100. 

book showing ManU little respect ... warranted? 

hey, @rockaction - how ya like real football? i mean, ya know, what we call "soccer" - ⚽

puttin' more java on ... can we get anuddah soon - United dominating. 

where are the footy folk?
Real football? I played in high school and will watch occasionally, especially a good club match, but I'm really more of an Americana sports guy. Soccer lost its appeal for me as soon as I figured out that it really meant getting out on the pitch and running about five-ten miles or whatever we ran. No fun. But soccer is simpatico with me. I don't really partake in these threads because I simply have nothing to add to the already extensive body of knowledge that people are laying down.  

bored would die if that were the groupthink  :shrug:  

see ya on the outside. 

have a great one, folks
Heh. I already pollute the hockey thread with my musings, and soccer is serious business in here. Well, okay, it's often done with tons of humor, but I don't even get the jokes...

See you on the other side as well. 

Any of our Philly brothers go to the game tonight?  I think that may have been the biggest win in club history.  The crowd looked/sounded awesome.

congrats @McBokonon

Phoenix was down 2-1 late and scored three in three minutes to win their 16th straight and now hold the record for longest winning streak ever in US pro soccer history.

That is really cool :)
17 in a row now as they take out the Switchbacks 3-0. It was 2-0 within 8 minutes and then they went on cruise control, even taking out their primary scorers with 20 minutes left. Next dollar beer night isn’t until October 18th.

Shout out to the Inter Ultras for showing what racist pigs they are. Matteo Salvatini (AKA Italian Donald Trump) would be incredible be proud of you guys this even for supporting such disgraceful acts by Cagliari supporters to Lukaku. I know the link is from my Club but the point is the comments from the Inter Ultras is translated into English 

Inter Ultras defend Monkey chants to Lukaku say thats not real racism

how many languages does CRo speak?  Has to be at least three, English, Spanish and Portuguese.  Did he pick up Italian as well?
Just the 3 but there's some Italian that translates to Spanish really well and vise versa. Some Italian Music Artist do double versions of albums now one Italian and one Spanish.Its easier for Spanish players to move to Italy and vise versa in terms of language

not sure if any of you caught that romelu lukaku was subjected to monkey chants in cagliari as he lined up to take the game-winning PK for inter at the end of the game. disgusting.

or maybe not, as explained by inter ultras* from the curva nord:

A section of Inter Milan ultras have defended the Cagliari fans who racially abused Romelu Lukaku when the two sides met at the Sardegna Arena on Sunday.

Monkey chants could be heard as Lukaku stepped up to take a penalty, which he scored to give Inter a 2-1 victory. On Monday, the Belgium international called on his fellow players to show unity in the fight against racism.

However, Inter's Curva Nord -- the club's primary ultra organisation -- have released a statement in which they denied Italy is a racist country and defended the right of fans to demonstrate that kind of abuse in the context of a football match.

The intro in the group's Facebook post reads: "Open letter to Romelu Lukaku. Italians are not racist.

"After the latest theatre show surrounding ultras' apparent racism by those who want to pick up the easy popularity points which are borne out of ignorance, Milan's Curva Nord has once again decided to repeat the difference between real racism and the "instrumented" version which do not concern the ultras -- as all the fake moralists out there love to make out in order to create needless panic and freely condemn our world..."

The letter then begins: "Hi Romelu. We are writing you on behalf of Curva Nord, yes the guys who welcomed you at your arrival in Milan.

"We are really sorry you thought that what happened in Cagliari was racist. You have to understand that Italy is not like many other north European countries where racism is a REAL problem. We understand that it could have seemed racist to you but it is not like that.

"In Italy we use some 'ways' only to 'help our teams' and to try to make our opponents nervous, not for racism but to mess them up. We are a multiethnic fans organisation and we have always welcomed players from everywhere. However, we have always used that 'way' with other teams' players in the past and we probably will in the future.

"We are not racist and so are not the Cagliari fans. You have to understand that in all Italian stadiums people cheer for their teams but at the same time they use to cheer against the opponents not for racism but to "help" their own team.

Romelu Lukaku scores a penalty against Cagliari. Claudio Villa - Inter/Inter via Getty Images)

"Please consider this attitude of Italian fans as a form of respect for the fact they are afraid of you for the goals you might score against their teams and not because they hate you or they are racist. True racism is a completely different story and all Italian football fans know it very well.

"When you declare that racism is a problem to be fought in Italy you just help the repression against all football fans including us and you contribute to create a problem that is not really there, not in the way that is perceived in other countries.

"We are very sensitive and inclusive with all people. We guarantee you that in our organisation there are many fans of different races or fans coming from other parts of Italy that also use this ways to provocate their opponents even when the have the same races or are coming from the same areas.

"Please help us to clarify what racism really is and that Italian fans are not racist. The fight to REAL racism has to begin in schools not in the stadiums, fans are just fans and they behave in different ways when inside the stadium as opposed to when they are in real life.

"I guarantee you that what they do or say to an opponent player of another race is not what they would ever say to someone they would meet in real life. Italian fans may not be perfect and we can understand your frustration with this expressions but they are definitely not meant to be racist.

"Once again... Welcome Romelu."

In December 2018, Inter were hit with a two-match stadium closure for aiming monkey chants at Napoli defender Kalidou Koulibaly, and, upon being allowed back, the Curva Nord criticised the club for failing to defend supporters in the wake of the incident.

Inter Milan declined to comment when contacted by ESPN FC.

where ultra = racist morons. we're not racist- we just say racist #### to help our team. we're just pretending to be racist- but please ignore the racism part. 

not sure if any of you caught that romelu lukaku was subjected to monkey chants in cagliari as he lined up to take the game-winning PK for inter at the end of the game. disgusting.

or maybe not, as explained by inter ultras* from the curva nord:

where ultra = racist morons. we're not racist- we just say racist #### to help our team. we're just pretending to be racist- but please ignore the racism part. 
Disgustingly ludicrous.

Disgustingly ludicrous.
granted, I lived there a long time ago (30+ years), but I remember being shocked at how racist it was there- just not a varied culture at the time (seemingly only just getting african immigrants) where the differences were about north vs south not multinational/races. 

granted, I lived there a long time ago (30+ years), but I remember being shocked at how racist it was there- just not a varied culture at the time (seemingly only just getting african immigrants) where the differences were about north vs south not multinational/races. 
I still shake my heads at how us backwards yanks seem relatively enlightened compared to much of Europe on this item. 

Italy is in the spotlight but many players have spoken out that they are no worse than many Euro countries.

Users who are viewing this thread