What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Soccer Discussion Thread*** (4 Viewers)

Agree there.  Although I would have settled for a yellow for 'simulation'.
Fine. Yellow is a good start. Soccer around the world is plagued by this. I played my whole life, through high school. Never dove once. Wasn't taught it, never saw it. I was the exact opposite. I was proud to get up after taking a tackle or a cheap shot. 

yeah. I sounded like one of those nerds that says "I played baseball in college, I know what I am talking about"

but it's soccer, not many people played. was just saying I am speaking from a little experience.
fwiw- unless you're in your 60s or older- statistically, more people played youth soccer in the US than most of the other sports combined from the late 70s and early 80s on.

and given your posts, you would probably be surprised at the numbers now for the sport in the US relative to other pro sports in terms of attendance, tv ratings and salaries for a sport that will 'never make it in the US'. and the sport is tracking up when looking at TV and sponsorship deals, attendance, salaries and quality. Still a long ways to go. And probably not likely to overtake the NFL or NBA- but it doesn't really have to to "make it" here.

Man City UEFA ban is overturned. 

FFP is officially useless. 
Not when PSG signed Neymar and Mbappe in the same summer?
I think Mbappe was a loan the first year, so the big spend on him came the year after. 

I’m here to defend FFP. It protects the big club hegemony, yes. It has helped reduce debt and keep smaller clubs from going under. It is working more or less as planned.  I’ve not totally followed the Man City case, but certainly can accept that UEFA failed to prove its case. 

I think Mbappe was a loan the first year, so the big spend on him came the year after. 

I’m here to defend FFP. It protects the big club hegemony, yes. It has helped reduce debt and keep smaller clubs from going under. It is working more or less as planned.  I’ve not totally followed the Man City case, but certainly can accept that UEFA failed to prove its case. 
:lol:

Expecting more big signings for Chelsea, I see.

Today, DC was down by 2 and then received a red card to go to ten men.

They came back to earn a point which is the first time that has happened in an MLS game since 2007, over a sample size of 156 games.

In the top 4 leagues (since Ligue 1 quit), Bayern Munich were the top scoring side with 100 league goals in 34 games (2.94 gpg).

In second place, is Atalanta with 93 goals (currently) scored in 33 games (2.81 gpg). 

Quick, name a single Atalanta player!

In the top 4 leagues (since Ligue 1 quit), Bayern Munich were the top scoring side with 100 league goals in 34 games (2.94 gpg).

In second place, is Atalanta with 93 goals (currently) scored in 33 games (2.81 gpg). 

Brad Guzan!!

oh wait, you said Atalanta not Atlanta

Decent form over their last 15 across all comps - 13 wins 2 draws

Both teams very hot going into the CL it seems.

With 3 games left Leeds (Leeds, Leeds) needs 4 points to guarantee promotion, and 5 points to GUAFC.  Two of the remaining 3 games are against teams in the relegation zone. 

If Leeds blow this, it will be SO epic. 

ETA: MOT

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot of announcements going on today.

EPL - Transfer Window from July 27th - Oct 5th

2022 WC dates announced: starts 11/21/22, Finals 12/18/22
Group stage games will be at 3am pacific, 6am pacific, 9am pacific, 12pm pacific
Quarters at 8am and 12pm pacific
Semis 12pm pacific
Finals 8am pacific
If my math is correct.

Group stage games will be at 3am pacific, 6am pacific, 9am pacific, 12pm pacific
Semis 12pm pacific
Finals 8am pacific
If my math is correct.
4 games per day as well.

I believe this is in-line with other European leagues.

EPL will also keep the window open until October 16 for domestic transfers - PL teams can't buy from each other, but they will be able to loan out to lower levels, and/or buy from lower levels.

Semis 12pm pacific
Finals 8am pacific
If my math is correct.
Nobody cares about pacific times.

HTH

Oh, wait, I care about pacific times...

Former Middlesbrough great, Marten de Roon

(pretty sure I had him on my EPL fantasy team at one point)

Last edited by a moderator:

Semis 12pm pacific
Finals 8am pacific
If my math is correct.
Left out the biggest story in that 5 subs being rolled into 2021 as well. 

Damn, I did not realize that Brentford was getting a new stadium next year... the main reason I want to see them go up is so that Griffin Park, and it's ancient 12k seats, would be in the premier league. 

lol. I thought I paid the least amount of attention to any off-field TV talk, including half-time analysis. even I couldn't miss their incessant WATCH ALL TOMORROW'S GAMES ON PEACOCK
I mean, I guess I heard that... but I did not assume it was an "only" on peacock thing.  I mean, why wouldn't it be on the service (cable) that I am actually paying for?  

It seems to me LFC is paying a price for winning the title so early and apparently taking their foot off the gas a bit. It’s still a special season, and would be spectacular if they can repeat in the champions league, but some of the records that looked likely are now lost. No points record, not unbeaten at home. 

It seems to me LFC is paying a price for winning the title so early and apparently taking their foot off the gas a bit. It’s still a special season, and would be spectacular if they can repeat in the champions league, but some of the records that looked likely are now lost. No points record, not unbeaten at home. 
:oldunsure:

@The Z Machine - do you want to take this one?

Users who are viewing this thread