What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Soccer Discussion Thread*** (5 Viewers)

The first women's Clasico was played today. Barcelona has had a team for a while and won 4-0. Madrid acquired an existing team to start competition this year. Great to see this growing.

Apparently Napoli was on the plane to travel and got grounded by the local health authorities.  Matches get postponed if they have 4 positive tests.  Napoli only had 2.  So, they could have otherwise shown up and played but for the health department.  As a result, Serie A decided to force them to forfeit. 

Classic Serie A.
Not surprising they played Juventus who Calcio officials are in the pockets of. Any other clubs this game is being played at some other time when it can be possible 

Sinn Fein said:
Pretty blah day when the biggest news is Arsenal sacking Gunnersaurus
I kept seeing the Gunnersaurus thing on twitter but I didn’t realize they did it to cut costs. Ozil making £350,000/week to do nothing but the big fuzzy mime makes too much money.  :lmao:

I kept seeing the Gunnersaurus thing on twitter but I didn’t realize they did it to cut costs. Ozil making £350,000/week to do nothing but the big fuzzy mime makes too much money.  :lmao:
:oldunsure:  Maybe Ozil posts here:

Mesut Özil @MesutOzil1088 · 6m

I was so sad that Jerry Quy aka our famous & loyal mascot @Gunnersaurus and integral part of our club was being made redundant after 27 years. As such, I’m offering to reimburse @Arsenal with the full salary of our big green guy as long as I will be an Arsenal player..

Last edited by a moderator:
:oldunsure:  Maybe Ozil posts here:

Mesut Özil @MesutOzil1088 · 6m

I was so sad that Jerry Quy aka our famous & loyal mascot @Gunnersaurus and integral part of our club was being made redundant after 27 years. As such, I’m offering to reimburse @Arsenal with the full salary of our big green guy as long as I will be an Arsenal player..
I was wondering what scoobygang/Ramsey has been up to

"Did it to cut costs...."  On the same day they paid a €50M release clause for Partey.....  Sure.

Here is a subtitled video of Landon arguing with ref and with Schantz.  I don't blame the ref here as he is in a bad spot if he didn't hear nor understand the term.

I don't think Schantz comes off well at all.  It is almost like he is saying "this is a part of the game".

https://twitter.com/caitlinmurr/status/1311696338048954368?s=20

The Phoenix player has totally denied saying it, FWIW.
The player was Junior Flemmings, a Jamaican international and USL’s top goal scorer this season. He’s been suspended for the rest of the season and the Rising placed him on administrative leave until his contract expires in October, so I doubt he’ll be back. Nothing on Schantz which is making a lot of fans angry.

Link to team statement

What a debacle of a weekend.

Yes Telles, Cavani were nice additions.  And needed. Pellistri and some of the other almost ready for first team youths are good business.
Amad Diallo  (Traore) from Atalanta may be good but we won't see him until Jan.
Smalling getting sold is good despite the weekend's lack of defending.

No Sancho or other RW, No CB, No DCM.
No sales of Jones, Rojo, Romero, Lingard

Now rumors the board is after Poch again.  United's post SAF circle of life: New manager, buy players to make CL.  Make CL, dont buy more player, Dont qualify for CL, New Manager.

Its absolutely amazing how the glazers and woodward are destroying everything Busby started and SAF perfected.

And all this coming off Liverpool's first title in 30 years, Leeds coming back to the top flight and looking fun as hell, and City winning trophies.  Even Tottenham and Arsenal spent money this window!!! 

:censored: :wall: :censored: :hot:

Is it a thing now to refer to PSG as "Paris" - like in this graphic?  Because I've been seeing that the past year or so and it really messes with my OCD.  There are presumably a ton of soccer clubs in Paris, and this one is named Paris Saint-Germaine.  I remember a club named "Racing Paris" but haven't seen much from them for years.  There is a well-known naming convention for the two big Milan clubs, but I've never heard of PSG being called "Paris" until about a year ago.  This seems like referring to a club as "Madrid" or "Manchester."  This really pisses me off!
Chelsea sign promising young goalkeeper Sami Tlemcani from Paris FC

The latest player to join the Chelsea Academy is 16-year-old Sami Tlemcani. The young goalkeeper arrives from Paris FC, who are renowned for their brilliant youth setup (and are not to be confused with Paris Saint-Germain, i.e. PSG).

Apparently Napoli was on the plane to travel and got grounded by the local health authorities.  Matches get postponed if they have 4 positive tests.  Napoli only had 2.  So, they could have otherwise shown up and played but for the health department.  As a result, Serie A decided to force them to forfeit. 

Classic Serie A.
Garbage. And Juve was all too happy to take it. So classy. 

Garbage. And Juve was all too happy to take it. So classy. 
And people outside of Calcio fans wonder why non Juve supporters hate Juve so much. If theres one thing @El Floppo and myself agree on it's hating Juventus. Then again it comes with the territory with Turin in next to Lombardy region. 

COVID19 Has been DEFEATED BY GOD THE LION HIMSELF ZLATAN IBRAHIMOVIC. Ibra had 2 straight negative tests will be available for the Derby speaking of which several Inter and Milan players have tested positive. The Match isn't in Jeopardy as Calcio guidelines for COVID state YOU MUST FEILD 13 PLAYERS 1 BEING THE KEEPER. IF YOU CAN DO THAT THE MATCH WILL GO ON 

IBRA tweeted the news himself with hashtags #F*ckCovid and #Godiscomingforyou

Milan CB Matteo Gabbia has Tested positive with the U21 Italy. There's some speculation that Sandro Tonali another Milan player on the U21 Italia Side might have also tested positive 

Scotland won a thrilling 0-0 5-3 on Pens to Israel last night in Glasgow to advance in their half of the Euro 2020+1 Playoff bracket to Qualify for the Euros. Believe it or not that was Scotland's first Ever PK Shootout. Ryan Frasier of Newcastle United Subbed in at the 2nd half while Man United's Scotsman Scott McTommey continued the ManU underachieving this week (Sorry @B Maverick) by mis hitting on a header that should've given Scotland a 1-0 lead before the half. 

Classic Serie A.
Juve twitter kept posting the starting line up and posting team getting off the bus acting like nothing happened. However some of the Curva for Napoli had banners in poor taste about Juve. Juve players took the pitch as well. Napoli I believe are trying to fight the decision as well and might take FIGC to court over it as in the rules in CALCIO a forfeit is not rewarded if cancelation is from the local government or some outside circumstances preventing the club to travel 

And people outside of Calcio fans wonder why non Juve supporters hate Juve so much. If theres one thing @El Floppo and myself agree on it's hating Juventus. Then again it comes with the territory with Turin in next to Lombardy region. 
Speak for yourself.

Usa forever. In swag we trust.

Yeah. It sucks even turning on their games with a rooting interest.

Whoa. Hadn't heard about that at all.

Is his brother still on the league? Thought he had retired or moved on....
I think his brother is still with DC United
I figured this would happen when I asked about bro... He's left DC to join gonzo at interstitial miami.

Was a crafty player at columbus. no idea if he's still at that level, but good for them for getting to play together.

Ok @B Maverick what can you tell me about Milan's new RB Diogo Dalot? From what I've read since Mourinho left he hasn't been able to get ample playing time. Any chance if he impresses at Milan ManU would sell him to Milan or another club or keep him? It seemed like Milan was negotiating an option to buy from ManU but they declined and right now it's a dry loan. There's rumors Milan may try during the year to renegotiate the loan for an Option to buy or make the deal permanent. 

Ok @B Maverick what can you tell me about Milan's new RB Diogo Dalot? From what I've read since Mourinho left he hasn't been able to get ample playing time. Any chance if he impresses at Milan ManU would sell him to Milan or another club or keep him? It seemed like Milan was negotiating an option to buy from ManU but they declined and right now it's a dry loan. There's rumors Milan may try during the year to renegotiate the loan for an Option to buy or make the deal permanent. 
Wow, didn't realize he was sent out on loan...  I like the kid and wasn't sure why he didn't get more time.  Would rather of seen him get games then Fosu Mensah. 

He's not as good defensively as AWB but more creative and quicker going forward.  I thought he was a better fit at wingback then AWB when Ole went 3 in the back.  He's young and raw and needs playing time.  Needs to try and cut down on the flair at times when he joins the attack - less step overs and dancing, more creativity.  Has potential though.

I would expect they negotiate a sale like Smalling to Roma if he has an impressive loan.  With Telles, Shaw, Williams, AWB and some other kids coming up, not sure he gets back in the team.  Unless he is just too good to sell after the loan? Or Bruno demands his chauffer back...

Not sure why Ole didn't rate him.   But he was a Jose signing, had some injury issues and needs to improve defensively.

Anyone following this Premier League Big 6 breakaway/ Project Big Picture stuff? 
A little bit.  It's pretty disgusting.  Billionaires taking advantage of the less fortunate during a global pandemic to consolidate their power.  Who would've thought.

Wow, didn't realize he was sent out on loan...  I like the kid and wasn't sure why he didn't get more time.  Would rather of seen him get games then Fosu Mensah. 

He's not as good defensively as AWB but more creative and quicker going forward.  I thought he was a better fit at wingback then AWB when Ole went 3 in the back.  He's young and raw and needs playing time.  Needs to try and cut down on the flair at times when he joins the attack - less step overs and dancing, more creativity.  Has potential though.

I would expect they negotiate a sale like Smalling to Roma if he has an impressive loan.  With Telles, Shaw, Williams, AWB and some other kids coming up, not sure he gets back in the team.  Unless he is just too good to sell after the loan? Or Bruno demands his chauffer back...

Not sure why Ole didn't rate him.   But he was a Jose signing, had some injury issues and needs to improve defensively.
From what I read he rated high with Jose but when manager switch came Ole Gunner didn't rate him highly and he only managed 14 games do to injury. ManU took AWB because of his more defensive prowess. Do to AWB playing better and injuries he only got 14 games in 

DJackson10 said:
From what I read he rated high with Jose but when manager switch came Ole Gunner didn't rate him highly and he only managed 14 games do to injury. ManU took AWB because of his more defensive prowess. Do to AWB playing better and injuries he only got 14 games in 
The Curious Case of Diogo Dalot....

WTF do I know, I thought he was better going forward then defending, yet he's rated higher by a coach known for parking the bus then a coach that supposedly preaches attacking football.

The Galaxy are a complete mess but this would be pretty cool

==============

[Elmur Souza] Hearing that Robbie Keane is a BIG option to take charge soon of LA Galaxy. He wants to bring back passion, hunger, trophies and knows exactly what really means be part of LA Galaxy

The first women's Clasico was played today. Barcelona has had a team for a while and won 4-0. Madrid acquired an existing team to start competition this year. Great to see this growing.
AC Milan Women last month played the Juve Women At the San Siro for the first Women's match at the San Siro. The Derby Della Modena Between the Women of Inter and Milan will be played on Sunday there a day after the Men hit the pitch 

Watching Season 1 now to help fill the void. It’s pretty great, and also required viewing for up-and-coming Yankee Geordies like myself who are taught to hate all things Sunderland. I haven’t quite internalized that hatred yet, but I’m working on it, outside of Jordan Pickford and his tiny little useless hands. He’s terrible and I want him to fail at everything.
Still true.

Huh. Not a word about the milan derby. Surprising.
Lukaku  tweeted after the Match Milan has a new King (meaning him). Ibra tweeted Sunday "Milan never had a king it has a God with a pic of himself"

Oh and the Lady Milan beat Inter 4-1 with a brace by new Girl and England National Natasha Dowie who just met Paolo Maldini for the first time a few days ago. Solid weekend for both the Milan Men and Women. For whatever reason the Derby was suppose to be played at the San Siro between the women but wasn't. 

Watching for Caden Clark, I watched my first RB minutes in a while. Oof. Not good. Found myself rooting for ORL after a bit. It's like the RB organization has pulled the plug on that team...I like Royer and all, but he's a role player on some team- not their key player. 

Watching for Caden Clark, I watched my first RB minutes in a while. Oof. Not good. Found myself rooting for ORL after a bit. It's like the RB organization has pulled the plug on that team...I like Royer and all, but he's a role player on some team- not their key player. 
RB are a mess for sure, but Covid has screwed up the whole season.  Many teams are a mess

Seriously?  #### Chicharito.  Hate him.  He sucks when not playing for El Tri.  I just hope now he sucks when playing for El Tri also.  
yeah, it is even worse when you read that he has been a complete tool while at LA.   This is from an ESPN reporter in LA

========================

“The players tell me that he thinks he is Cristiano Ronaldo and Messi combined. He only speaks with one player on the team, and that is his compatriot Dos Santos. The players are already very leery of him because he thinks he is a mega star, ”said Diego Cora.

Users who are viewing this thread