What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Soccer Discussion Thread*** (7 Viewers)

It is.  Another expansion draft.  They didn't protect Rapinoe because there's no reason to.  She's dating Sue Bird and wouldn't leave Seattle for an expansion team.  It's like having a 12th protected spot.  
Did she really play much this last year or two anyway?  At this point the only real reason to have her is for the name and potential marketing/shirt sales.  

The rules for a hand ball in soccer are getting as clustered as the rules for a catch in the NFL

FIFA says UEFA’s proposed handball changes to be assessed
:goodposting:

This law has been a mess forever.  Used to be the only law listed as needing to be intentional, but was never called that way.  Then the whole hand to ball vs ball to hand and natural vs unnatural position.... Try jumping without your arms up, or sliding without your hand out for balance.  

Did she really play much this last year or two anyway?  At this point the only real reason to have her is for the name and potential marketing/shirt sales.  
True, but I have no doubt that she'd retire before moving to another team, so there's still no reason to protect her even just for the marketing etc.

Why do committees continue to put older men in front of cameras to speak about racial and sexual issues?  They never get the wording right.

Look at what happened when the FA Chief in England who just lost his job spoke.  He said a bunch of inappropriate items and yet I did not get the feeling he is either racist or homophobic, he simply does not speak the language.

https://www.cbssports.com/soccer/news/english-fa-chief-greg-clarke-under-fire-after-string-of-offensive-comments-in-front-of-uk-government-group/

Last edited by a moderator:
This sport is second to none

==============================

An unusual scene happened in the game between Ferroviário-CE x Jacuipense-BA this Saturday afternoon (14th) for the Brazilian Championship Series C. When the match was going to end, the goalkeeper of the Bahian team, Jordan, flopped on the grass to waste time. What he didn't count on was that there was an anthill in the grass, and the insects attacked the keeper.

In order to get rid of the ants, Jordan relied on the help of his teammates and trainers from Jacuipense. The goalkeeper had to take off his shirt and take a bath. The procedure lasted about five minutes, until he could put his uniform back on and return to the game.

I don't know how I feel about all of that. Are they actually soccer guys, or just bored celebrities with disposable income?

Here they come our mighty champions, raise your voices to the anthem, Marching like a mighty army, WREXHAM IS THE NAME!!!

El Floppo said:
I don't know how I feel about all of that. Are they actually soccer guys, or just bored celebrities with disposable income?
I think their goal is to make a documentary-style television show, so not necessarily football guys but also probably something more than just bored celebrities.  If your club is in 19th place in the 5th tier league, this is nothing but good for you imo, which is the reason the club membership approved this sale with almost 99% of the vote.

NewlyRetired said:
I am not a jersey guy as I don't "see" fashion but those really do look nice.  They will be kind of unique in MLS too.  Great choice by Austin.

Now they just need some players to put the jerseys on :)
We will be up to 7 by December 15. Then SuperDraft in January and we will have a whole starting lineup. Claudio claims to have a plan to wait it out as long as possible and buy low over the winter when clubs need to sell.

Stoked to see so many of my friends posting jersey selfies today.

Salah tests positive x2 during international duty. Likely to miss two games for liverpool.
Why are we even having these matches with the pandemic? Mancini literally called up half of Italy for a dumb friendly last Wed. Just play the domestic and Europe  no need to risk national teams right now. Besides the play ins for the Euro 2020-1 I see no reason for anyone to be playing International matches. Just seems a recipe for disaster at this point 

Ugh not only am I missing the Eagles game because of work this week my schedule is an absolute disaster. Literally working the whole game and then missing the 4PM games on top of it. I know we suck but those who remember I had a close relationship with my Pop-Pop who died 10 yrs ago this past OCT. One of the things we shared other then fishing was our passion for football so every time I watch a game I feel like a part of him is with me. I can listen to the game/watch some at work but it's no where close to the same as being home. This also effects Tues when the Union will play their playoff game. Working till 9 and most likely missing this now or a good amount. And then I took off for Saturday and they forgot to give me off but I'm gonna work it given what I had planned is probably getting canceled now. Absolutely hate working retail during holiday season sometimes. 

Rob has been at a few Union Matches in the past. So yes he's a fan.   RR I don't know

On a side note Huge Jackman AKA Wolverine is a Philly Union Fan 

I am not a jersey guy as I don't "see" fashion but those really do look nice.  They will be kind of unique in MLS too.  Great choice by Austin.

Now they just need some players to put the jerseys on :)
With the color scheme I was hoping for a more darker Forrest Green then the lighter one though. 

One of the tweets in reply says its the match organizer has to pay and not Juve.  To me this makes more sense if the match organizer sold the tickets and promised CR7 would play (which no team would do).

Tavern of the Taegeuk Warriors

@taegeuktavern

Replying to

@Route1futbol

and

@DaeguFC_en

This tweet is not correct.

@juventusfcen

are not asked to refund the ticket price or pay damages. It is the Korean match organizer (the one who sold the tickets), The Fasta, which has been order to provide the refunds and damages. Neither Juve nor CR7 were at fault.

2020 sucks... RIP Maradona :(
Terrible.  One of my favorite soccer memories is watching Argentina-England in '86 on Univision with my father and grandfather and all of us standing up at the moment he scored his second goal and just embracing, stunned and appreciative of the mastery we had just witnessed.  I still get goose bumps thinking about it.  Thank you for that and many other great memories Dieguito - rest in peace.

Terrible.  One of my favorite soccer memories is watching Argentina-England in '86 on Univision with my father and grandfather and all of us standing up at the moment he scored his second goal and just embracing, stunned and appreciative of the mastery we had just witnessed.  I still get goose bumps thinking about it.  Thank you for that and many other great memories Dieguito - rest in peace.
That second goal is so often overlooked because of the Hand Of God goal.  It really is a combo of sublime skill and bad defending.  One of the all time great goals.  RIP

The first turn to beat two guys at midfield...I don't think they had another angle of it- I remember losing my #### at that moment watching it live. If the play had stopped right then, I would've been happy...but it just kept going. One of the all time greatest, if not THE greatest goal (given the circumstances) ever.

Got to see him play live once in the US. Had a play with a ball coming over his shoulder that he took in stride and beat two guys with the first and second immaculate touches. I was completely gob struck. Still am.

####### #### ####. 

Rip diego

😢

==========================

Pelé

@Pele

Que notícia triste. Eu perdi um grande amigo e o mundo perdeu uma lenda. Ainda há muito a ser dito, mas por agora, que Deus dê força para os familiares. Um dia, eu espero que possamos jogar bola juntos no céu.

Translated from Portuguese

What sad news. I lost a great friend and the world lost a legend. There is still much to be said, but for now, may God give strength to family members. One day, I hope we can play ball together in the sky.

Users who are viewing this thread